Characters whose stats or growths don't make sense?

Meg is a big one - she has a high growth in speed, one stat knights aren't known for, but has pretty low growths in the stats a knight should be specialized in. Also of note, she has Fortune, which blocks critical hits... except her luck growth is one of the highest in the game, only beaten by Micaiah and a small handful of laguz.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Rinkah's Strength and Hp growths. It's utterly bizarre when one compares her to Sakura who surpasses her in both areas. It's even funnier when you consider Rinkahs pair up bonuses. How exactly does she give you a strength bonus.

>sits in a room with his dead wife all day 
>soldiers mention how he hasn't eaten since Riev and Lyon returned his wife as promised for Orson's betrayal 
>doesn't care about anything but his wife and has let Renais get overrun by terrors 
>but is still all about those bases when you confront him.

Capture.PNG.3b8c09cfb2faa94e38c78e35233774e9.PNG

10 minutes ago, deskita said:

Rinkah's Strength and Hp growths. It's utterly bizarre when one compares her to Sakura who surpasses her in both areas. It's even funnier when you consider Rinkahs pair up bonuses. How exactly does she give you a strength bonus.

Image result for do you even lift onii chan

Do you even lift, Onii Chan?

Everyone from FE5 

TLDR - Build Growth makes as little sense as stats do in something like Dwarf Fortress. Why should these charathers, including the priests and children, bulk out to the point of being able to the point of carry around fully armored men? Also I guess movement growth letting people equal and later outrun horses is also silly. 

I will never understand the reasoning behind Odin, Selena, Laslow and Subaki's stats. 

Subaki: A tanky flyer is fine until low strength is added. Also, his class doesn't do much to highlight his main strength, defense. 

Spoiler

Odin: It's bizzare that he went from being fairly fast to slow from Awakening to Fates. The only fathers who will give him a negative speed stat modifer is Frederick, Kellam and a MU with a speed bane. 

Laslow: Although he'll likely have a lower speed stat modifer than Severa (thanks to Olivia), he has a higher default speed growth. However, none of his fathers will give him a negative speed modifer unless it's MU with speed as his bane. At worst, he'll have a neutral speed modifer. But somehow, he's stronger than Selena and has a negative speed stat modifer.

Selena: In Awakening, she has a higher default strength growth and most of the time, stat modifer than Inigo. None of her fathers except for MU with a strength flaw will give her a negative strength cap. Most of the time, her skill stat modifer is either equal to or greater than her speed modifer and her default skill growth is higher than her default speed growth. So why is she weaker and less accurate in Fates?

Did Anankos' magic alter their stats and growths as well as their appearance? 

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Meg is a big one - she has a high growth in speed, one stat knights aren't known for, but has pretty low growths in the stats a knight should be specialized in. Also of note, she has Fortune, which blocks critical hits... except her luck growth is one of the highest in the game, only beaten by Micaiah and a small handful of laguz.

She used to be a Pegasus Knight, but she gained too much weight and the poor creature was crushed.

It's not that egregious, but Takumi having a low speed growth... despite being an archer wielding the wind bow. On the whole, Hoshido seems like it's units were supposed to focus on skill and speed as the land of ninja and direct counterpart to the powerful and tenacious Nohr. Yet, many Hoshidan units have massive Speed problems. Takumi, Hinata, Subaki, Orochi etc. It just doesn't really make sense from a thematic perspective. (probably more from a gameplay one)

rinkah and hinata's growths in general. just why? why would you ever give them those growths? i feel like they were just trying to have garbage tier units with these 2. also gatrie's speed growth was kinda weird, same with meg.

Edited by edgelordweeaboo

At first Saizo’s high magic growth confused me, but then I realized that it was so he could properly wield the Flame Shuriken.

What I don’t get is Kagero’s ridiculous high strength growth. It’s really weird.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

At first Saizo’s high magic growth confused me, but then I realized that it was so he could properly wield the Flame Shuriken.

What I don’t get is Kagero’s ridiculous high strength growth. It’s really weird.

Hey, without high strength, she’d have back problems.

Felicia is probably the worst example I can think of. She's a good soldier, but a bad maid and she always outdid her sister in combat training. Despite everything mentioned about her she functions as a healer/maid instead of a fighter. Some Azama growths could have sold her archetype a lot more.

Rinka's abs of steel also don't really get translated over to gameplay sadly. Tormod having such a high strength growth is RD is also a bit odd since him being so short is often mentioned.

I don't see any problem with Hinata/Subaki's growths though. Their growths are odd when you consider their class yeah, but I don't feel anything about their character/design chains them to their class type's growths. I actually thought it was somewhat refreshing to have a bulky Myrmidon or Pegasus knight for once and that it helped set them apart from other units in their class.

Honestly the fact that Florina has the highest strenght growth out of all the early game pegasus knights in the gba games has always confused me so much.