Jump to content
Etheus

Features to Improve A Potential FE Warriors 2

Recommended Posts

When talking about a potential sequel, roster choices tend to dominate the discussion. The reasons for this are understandable, but I feel like discussion of potential features and fixes is relatively ignored as a result. So, in this thread, let's discuss new/improved features that could make a potential sequel an even better game than FE Warriors.

I have a few suggestions of my own:

Optimization/Performance

It goes without saying that crashes should be as rare or nonexistent as possible. Moving on.

Improved UI

FE Warriors UI is it's greatest objective flaw. It's clunky, inefficient, and outright annoying on several levels. Fixes would include the following:

  • Save convoy/camp changes immediately, rather than after completing the next mission.
  • Removal of annoying spammed voiced dialogue on convoy/camp interactions. 
  • Display total kill count and time remaining on the gameplay screen alongside personal kill count.
  • More convenient ways to check support levels. 
  • Ability to access camp from the pre-mission preparation screen without exiting the level.

Order Chains

I generally find the ability to order the AI controlled allied heroes around to be quite useful, but I would like more strategy and less maintenance in this feature. The ability to issue a short chain of orders would be highly beneficial. For example, one could issue a maximum of three consecutive orders to Chrom, causing him to take out the gatekeeper, take the fort, and then defend the newly claimed fort in that order. These would appear in the AI's pathing as connected dots labelled (1), (2), and (3).

Additional Music and Custom Soundtracks

FE Warriors music is rather limited and honestly kind of underwhelming for the most part. It could use additional classic songs from the series, alongside the ability to select which ones appear during certain objectives, including, but not limited to:

  • Choose the theme that plays during recruitment
  • Choose the theme that plays during the main menu.
  • Choose regular battle theme.
  • Choose high-tension/boss theme.
  • Choose themes that play while playing particular characters.

Custom Avatar

Given that FE Warriors is less canon and story based than other games in the series, it seems like a perfect, less controversial place to implement custom avatars. If a non-canon main character is to be required, let us customize them. Hell, let us choose fighting styles from other characters and earn cosmetics to customize our avatar. If such a thing is included in other games like Samurai Warriors 4, there is no real reason for it to be excluded from FEW.

Clone Improvements

I'm not as opposed to clones as most, but they certainly have some glaring issues. Namely, the clones bloat the UI by filling the roster with copy-paste characters and requiring you to tediously level and grind the same materials for identical upgrades on identical characters.

(1) Group every character with a shared moveset under the same class, while allowing you to field them separately and potentially have multiple different characters on the same battlefield. 

(2) This allows for a UI change. In the convoy/camp, first select the class, then the character, allowing you to quickly filter to the desired character as the roster continues to grow.

(3) All characters of the same class share a level and core upgrades. Core upgrades being everything except for Support inherited skills.

(4) Each character of the same class has its own stats, gear selection, and support skills. 

As a result, the UI will be easier to navigate during character selection by allowing you to quickly filter to the role and character of your choice. New characters will be easier to add through DLC without bloating the convoy/camp UI or requiring redundant grind.

All PRF weapons should have innate attributes

Some prf weapons are objectively better than others. They have bonus weapon attributes which give them an advantage over other weapons - always a slayer attribute. This shouldn't be the case. Instead, every prf weapon should have its own innate attribute, which is not limited to a slayer skill. Some examples of future/current weapons and potential skills could include (but aren't limited to) the following:

Ragnell/Alondite - Plateslayer (meant to reference the sword's ability to damage the Black Knight's armor)

Binding Blade - Dracoslayer 

Gradivus - Bowbreaker (meant to reference the distant counter property)

Wishblade - Luck+

Durandal - Flame (Deals damage over time) 

Armads - Rage Builder

Urvan - Desperate+

Siegmund - Beastslayer

Sieglinde - Beastslayer

Tyrfing - Spellshield (reduces damage received from tomes)

Wo Dao - Critical+

Lady Sword - Gencross 

Hinoka's Spear - Antiair Focus

Robin's Tome - Pair Up+

Brynhildr - Entangle (root enemies on critical hit)

Fujin Yumi - Wind Walk (increases movement speed, allows wielder to cross flight paths)

Nile's Bow - Thievery (increases drop rates on health/warrior/awakening potions)

Spellbane Yumi - Tomebreaker

Hauteclaire - Critical Focus

 

Removal of Strong I-VI and Rainstorm

This might be controversial, but in my opinion, Strong I, Strong II, Strong III, Strong IV, Strong V, Strong VI, and Rainstorm add nothing to the game. Rainstorm is essentially a non-choice which is either going to be too weak to be considered or too strong to ignore as a flat damage buff. The Strong skills actively limit your playstyle and make the game more repetitive by encouraging you to maximize 2 or 3 combo strings at the expense of the rest. 

The entire weapon attribute system will be better off if obvious damage passives like these are removed in favor of more interesting, situational passives like Health+/Desperate+, Rage Builder, Anti-triangle, etc. Even other objectively strong skills like Critical+ and Warrior+ can be kept if they are limited to one or two per weapon (as with the current system), but the Strong skills need to go.

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A better roster and no clones for starters. If Hyrule Warriors can feature several versions of Link that play differently and have different movesets, then there's no excuse for clones to exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Characters from games that aren't just SD, Awakening and Fates. Yes, dammit, that's a feature.

Otherwise, IDK. I feel like most improvements I could think of would make the game deviate from what makes it a Warriors game.

Edited by Slumber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I feel like most improvements I could think of would make the game deviate from what makes it a Warriors game.

You say that as though Techmo Koei haven't already deviated from the Warriors formula with Dynasty Warriors 9...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You say that as though Techmo Koei haven't already ruined the Warriors formula with Dynasty Warriors 9...

Fixed it for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say just improve the cast so it doesn't have characters from only three games out of a series of 15 of them. Even if it's through DLC. Also yeah, fewer clones.

The history mode maps could get more battles too. HW's adventure mode maps were SO big and awesome. FEW's history mode maps feel tiny in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Given that FE Warriors is less canon and story based than other games in the series, it seems like a perfect, less controversial place to implement custom avatars. If a non-canon main character is to be required, let us customize them. Hell, let us choose fighting styles from other characters and earn cosmetics to customize our avatar. If such a thing is included in other games like Samurai Warriors 4, there is no real reason for it to be excluded from FEW.

I am pretty sure that was what Rowan and Lianna were supposed to be? But because of the case on them being on cutscenes and such, it was so tough to make them custom characters that they just stuck to making them as their own. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of them are aesthetic/visual changes, such as unit classes being accurate to their designs, such as creating actual mercenaries, instead of re using the myrmidon etc.

Then there's the enemy units. Compared to other Warriors games, they seem a lot less threatening with only a limited moveset to work with that are also slowed down.

More varied unit class diversity, which includes unit classes and class sets to go with them. That Knights are unplayable is a damn shame., and every archer being exactly the same, despite their different classes is a missed opportunity. They wouldn't need much (basically have semi-clones like WO3 did), but stats, alone, aren't enough.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Improved UI

FE Warriors UI is it's greatest objective flaw. It's clunky, inefficient, and outright annoying on several levels. Fixes would include the following:

  • More convenient ways to check support levels. 

As of this new update, you can check supports as you are fielding units in Map Deployment. If that's not enough, idk what else there is

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Clones -> Outfits

I'm not as opposed to clones as most, but I do consider them to be a largely pointless addition. If two characters share the same moveset, one should be an outfit for another. It simply makes for a more efficient UI, removes the necessity of training multiple characters of the same playstyle, and doesn't punish people for playing their preferred character (ie: Leo over Elise or Hinoka over Caeda for my personal examples) without being punished with inferior stats.

With this, I understand that the prf weapons of each character would be wieldable by other characters of the same style, but is that a bad thing? Honestly, this is a non-canon fanservice spinoff, and should thus allow for the freedom of wielding the weapon of your choice on the character of your choice. The entire game is essentially one big what-if scenario.

Characters being outfits would hamper the support system. It only works for Robin and Corrin because they have alternate gender versions. You can still get away with using your favorite unit regardless; nothing stops you from using Lianna over Rowan, or even Anna over Takumi if you so wished to do so. Having them all as outfits would diminish what amount of diversity that they already have, which includes individual stats. Maybe some with other canon abilities can be diversified more, such as exclusive attributes to each class (like, say, Elise being able to inflict status effects) but lumping them all to one alternating individual goes against Fire Emblem's own principles with its many characters, that are differentiated by characterization, unit class and stats.

How you view the game shouldn't dictate what liberties ought to be taken. For many game series, (and this is not limited to Fire Emblem) personal weapons contribute to individual character design. Suggesting anyone to use what they normally shouldn't is downright bizarre. If "fansevice spinoff" is your reasoning, then the same ought to be applied to Heroes as well. Spin-off or no, this is still a Fire Emblem Game

 

Edited by Motendra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Clones -> Outfits

I'm not as opposed to clones as most, but I do consider them to be a largely pointless addition. If two characters share the same moveset, one should be an outfit for another. It simply makes for a more efficient UI, removes the necessity of training multiple characters of the same playstyle, and doesn't punish people for playing their preferred character (ie: Leo over Elise or Hinoka over Caeda for my personal examples) by giving them inferior stats.

With this, I understand that the prf weapons of each character would be wieldable by other characters of the same style, but is that a bad thing? Honestly, this is a non-canon fanservice spinoff, and should thus allow for the freedom of wielding the weapon of your choice on the character of your choice. The entire game is essentially one big what-if scenario.

The difficulty I see here is that the clones still do something, even though that something is mostly just be more bodies for (Weapon)-only Missions. For example, unless you buy the SD DLC, you will have a grand total of three Axe Units - Camilla, Lissa, and Frederick. All of them are good Units, yes, but you are still only able to use three when nearly all Axe-only Missions offer four spaces(so you can use more Units once you S-rank the map and remove the restriction, yes, I know). If Minerva had been merely a costume for Camilla as you suggest, we still only would have had three Axes instead of four and I wouldn't be able to play with Minerva and Camilla at the same time. This also limits Support options as no two characters with the same moveset could speak with one another, eliminating two Supports from each Pegasus Knight(or THE Pegasus Knight, I guess) as well as the Navarre-Lyn Support. There is also the issue that different stat spreads allow Units to do different things - this is especially true of Archers, with Sakura able to make better use of Topsy-Turvy than the others to allow her to be a better beatstick against high-DEF low-RES foes like Great Knights. Speaking of Archers, how exactly are we supposed to explain them? If clones were run as you suggest, we would have a grand total of ONE Archer and ONE Pegasus Knight over the course of the entire game and by golly they had better be Sakura and Cordelia. As the DLC is, Tiki is still screwed no matter how clones are run, and we're basically dooming any future Stone Users to the same fate if we adopt your method - unless Nagi or Adult Tiki gets involved, there's no way they would come up with different movesets for all the dragon lolis.
As for PRF Weapons, easy enough, just make a single generic PRF Weapon for that Weapon Type, and make it change based on who's holding it - Brynhildr changes to Dire Thunder when you pick Reinhardt Moonlight when you pick Elise, Fujin Yumi changes to Spellbane Yumi when you swap to Sakura, etc. Presto, no continuity errors while now making your glorified Smash-Bros-Lucina-color-swaps actually unique in some way since there are differences between PRF Weapons like Spellbane Yumi vs Fujin Yumi.

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

If Hyrule Warriors can feature several versions of Link that play differently and have different movesets, then there's no excuse for clones to exist.

The issue with Hyrule Warriors was that it wasn't actually several versions of Link, just different weapons the one Link could choose from. If my cousin and I both wanted to be Zelda, one of us would have to be content with Sheik or Toon Zelda, who both have completely different movesets that are both nothing at all like Zelda's Rapier style that I actually want to play but have to give up on because a 6-year-old thinks the Dominion Rod statues are hilarious and is mentally competent enough to recognize if I try to shaft him with a different character and adorable enough that the adults WILL side with him and make me be someone else or turn the thing off(eh, whatever, I can wait until he goes home, then you're all mine, sweet princess…wait, was that out loud?). FEW manages to get around the moveset part of that issue - if my friend and I both like to use Pegasus Knights, there are three lovely ladies to choose from, all of whom utilize the same techniques to allow us to both access a style of play we like, with the only problem arising if we both happen to take a liking to the same Lance-wielding beauty, in which case coughfriendshipisforgottenasIbeathimintothedirtforCordelia'ssakecough one of us will have to be someone else they like, which is surprisingly not that hard even with the less-than-perfect Roster, though it would be easier if we had Our Boi™ and The (insert adjective/possesive noun/verb here)'s Hero to play as. I will admit, though, that Units at least being able to swap between weapons their Class naturally offers should be a thing, even if the second weapon type ends up essentially making them a partial clone of another character - what if I want a spell-slinging Camilla like Fates lets me do? Or a Robin whipping a Levin Sword around? Or Frederick becoming truly a jack-of-all-trades with three different possible weapons? Warriors doesn't offer me that right now, and I would like to see that change, even if it means seeing Frederick take on Xander's moveset if you pick swords or Camilla being forced to dismount and run around throwing spells like Robin or Linde does.

Edited by SoulWeaver
Forgot a point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FE Warriors 2 should be taken place in a neighboring kingdom by Aytolis, and feature older characters and bosses, such as the Fire Dragon, Formotiis, and ofhers.

characters that should be involved are as stated:

Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, Tana, Knoll, L’Arachel, Myrrh, Joshua (DLC), Garcia (DLC), Seth (DLC), Lyon (History Mode Unlockable), Valter (History Mode Unlockable), Syrene (History Mode Unlockable), Formotiis (Boss Only)

Jugdral: Seliph, Julia, Shannan, Altena, Ced, Brian, Febail, Arion (History Mode Unlockable), Ares (History Mode Unlockable), Leif (History Mode Unlockable), Julius (DLC), Arvis (Boss/DLC), Ishtar (DLC), Manfroy (Boss Only)

Tellius: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Soren, Titania, Mia, Nephenee, Edward (History Mode Unlockable), Sanaki/Mist (haven’t decided) (History Mode Unlockable), Caineghais (History Mode Unlockable), Black Knight (DLC/Boss), Sephiran (DLC), Shinon (DLC), Ashera (Boss Only)

Valentia: Alm, Gray, Tobin, Mae, Boey, Genny, Conrad, Celica (History Mode Unlockable), Kliff (History Mode Unlockable), Mycen (History Mode Unlockable), Berkut (DLC/Boss), Delthea (DLC), Leon (DLC), Duma (Boss only)

Elibe: Roy, Lillina, Klein, Fir, Clarine, Fae, Marcus, Eliwood (History Mode Unlockable), Hector (History Mode Unlockable), Lyn (History Mode Unlockable), Karel (DLC), Athos (DLC), Zephiel (DLC/Boss), Idoun (Boss Only)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Order Chains

I generally find the ability to order the AI controlled allied heroes around to be quite useful, but I would like more strategy and less maintenance in this feature. The ability to issue a short chain of orders would be highly beneficial. For example, one could issue a maximum of three consecutive orders to Chrom, causing him to take out the gatekeeper, take the fort, and then defend the newly claimed fort in that order. These would appear in the AI's pathing as connected dots labelled (1), (2), and (3).

This would seriously be great. It's kind of a pain to have go back into the menu every time an ally completes an objective.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Custom Avatar

Given that FE Warriors is less canon and story based than other games in the series, it seems like a perfect, less controversial place to implement custom avatars. If a non-canon main character is to be required, let us customize them. Hell, let us choose fighting styles from other characters and earn cosmetics to customize our avatar. If such a thing is included in other games like Samurai Warriors 4, there is no real reason for it to be excluded from FEW.

As long as they use pre-rendered cutscenes, this basically can't happen unless they want to portray the avatar Awakening/Fates style. I'm not against it at all, but there are hurdles to overcome.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

Clones -> Outfits

I'm not as opposed to clones as most, but I do consider them to be a largely pointless addition. If two characters share the same moveset, one should be an outfit for another. It simply makes for a more efficient UI, removes the necessity of training multiple characters of the same playstyle, and doesn't punish people for playing their preferred character (ie: Leo over Elise or Hinoka over Caeda for my personal examples) by giving them inferior stats.

With this, I understand that the prf weapons of each character would be wieldable by other characters of the same style, but is that a bad thing? Honestly, this is a non-canon fanservice spinoff, and should thus allow for the freedom of wielding the weapon of your choice on the character of your choice. The entire game is essentially one big what-if scenario.

Nah, disagree. The way it is now makes it feel like Fire Emblem where multiple characters have the same basic abilities (weapon, movement, skills, etc.) but are differentiated in other ways like stats, supports, and such. Plus the other issues above posters mentioned.

Besides, it's pretty rare that you're forced to use someone you don't want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

The difficulty I see here is that the clones still do something, even though that something is mostly just be more bodies for (Weapon)-only Missions. For example, unless you buy the SD DLC, you will have a grand total of three Axe Units - Camilla, Lissa, and Frederick. All of them are good Units, yes, but you are still only able to use three when nearly all Axe-only Missions offer four spaces(so you can use more Units once you S-rank the map and remove the restriction, yes, I know). If Minerva had been merely a costume for Camilla as you suggest, we still only would have had three Axes instead of four and I wouldn't be able to play with Minerva and Camilla at the same time. This also limits Support options as no two characters with the same moveset could speak with one another, eliminating two Supports from each Pegasus Knight(or THE Pegasus Knight, I guess) as well as the Navarre-Lyn Support. There is also the issue that different stat spreads allow Units to do different things - this is especially true of Archers, with Sakura able to make better use of Topsy-Turvy than the others to allow her to be a better beatstick against high-DEF low-RES foes like Great Knights. Speaking of Archers, how exactly are we supposed to explain them? If clones were run as you suggest, we would have a grand total of ONE Archer and ONE Pegasus Knight over the course of the entire game and by golly they had better be Sakura and Cordelia. As the DLC is, Tiki is still screwed no matter how clones are run, and we're basically dooming any future Stone Users to the same fate if we adopt your method - unless Nagi or Adult Tiki gets involved, there's no way they would come up with different movesets for all the dragon lolis.
As for PRF Weapons, easy enough, just make a single generic PRF Weapon for that Weapon Type, and make it change based on who's holding it - Brynhildr changes to Dire Thunder when you pick Reinhardt Moonlight when you pick Elise, Fujin Yumi changes to Spellbane Yumi when you swap to Sakura, etc. Presto, no continuity errors while now making your glorified Smash-Bros-Lucina-color-swaps actually unique in some way since there are differences between PRF Weapons like Spellbane Yumi vs Fujin Yumi.

 

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Characters being outfits would hamper the support system. It only works for Robin and Corrin because they have alternate gender versions. You can still get away with using your favorite unit regardless; nothing stops you from using Lianna over Rowan, or even Anna over Takumi if you so wished to do so. Having them all as outfits would diminish what amount of diversity that they already have, which includes individual stats. Maybe some with other canon abilities can be diversified more, such as exclusive attributes to each class (like, say, Elise being able to inflict status effects) but lumping them all to one alternating individual goes against Fire Emblem's own principles with its many characters, that are differentiated by characterization, unit class and stats.

 

Fair enough. I consider those to be cogent enough arguments and hadn't considered the impact on supports.

 

Perhaps we need to instead address the flaws with clones and iron them out. Those being UI clutter (due to poor roster design) and tedium of leveling (and upgrading) multiple characters in the same archetype.

 

I see a potential solution that would streamline the game in a positive way and help tone down the flaws with the clones:

(1) Group every character with a shared moveset under the same class, while allowing you to field them separately and potentially multiple different characters on the same battlefield. 

(2) This allows for a UI change. Click the class, then the character, allowing you to quickly filter to the desired character as the roster continues to grow.

(3) All characters of the same class share a level and core upgrades. Core upgrades being everything except for Support inherited skills.

(4) Each character of the same class has its own gear and support skills. 

 

This would keep the unit identity through stats and support conversations, allow you to customize and field each character individually, but reduce UI clutter and grind. As a result, there would be much more room to add DLC characters to the game without bloating it. 

 

I will revise the suggestion in the OP as such.

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

 

Fair enough. I'm certainly cogent to these arguments and hadn't considered the impact on supports.

 

Perhaps we need to instead address the flaws with clones and iron them out. Those being UI clutter (due to excessive roster size) and tedium of leveling (and upgrading) multiple characters in the same archetype.

 

I see a potential solution that would streamline the flaws with the clones:

(1) Group every character with a shared moveset under the same class, while allowing you to field them separately and potentially multiple different characters on the same battlefield. 

(2) This allows for a UI change. Click the class, then the character, allowing you to quickly filter to the desired character as the roster continues to grow.

(3) All characters of the same class share a level and core upgrades. Core upgrades being everything except for Support inherited skills.

(4) Each character of the same class has its own gear and support skills. 

 

This would keep the unit identity through stats and support conversations, allow you to customize and field each character individually, but reduce UI clutter and grind. As a result, there would be much more room to add DLC characters to the game without bloating it. 

 

I will revise the suggestion in the OP as such.

I think this puts menus inside of menus which would be even more laborious to get through to save currently 9(?) slots on the large convoy screen we have which doesn't seem worth the effort. Maybe I'm a simple man but your suggestion for handling clones seems more complicated than just having them out there as they are.

I think a better option would be a custom roster list, you chose what order characters appear. If there's a field limit like axes only force those characters to the top regardless of how you've sorted your list and put everything back in order for the next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CmdrQuartz said:

I think this puts menus inside of menus which would be even more laborious to get through to save currently 9(?) slots on the large convoy screen we have which doesn't seem worth the effort. Maybe I'm a simple man but your suggestion for handling clones seems more complicated than just having them out there as they are.

I think a better option would be a custom roster list, you chose what order characters appear. If there's a field limit like axes only force those characters to the top regardless of how you've sorted your list and put everything back in order for the next time.

Part of the idea is to potentially allow for better DLC support, however. This is one franchise spin off that really lends itself to the potential for many long-term unlockable characters (and I think that most of us wouldn't mind paying for further character development post-launch). The more filter options we have, the better the game can support additional characters.

After all, what reason does Koei really have to not support such a game long term? The roster is there. The animations are identical because cloned movesets are utilized. That means that the lion's share of the work on a new character is already complete. At that point, you basically come up with a few support conversations, a Skill, a weapon, and their costumes, and voila - new character. Corner cutting, cost saving, and large rosters are Omegaforce's lifeblood, after all. They're dealing with a community that not only expects character representation, but outright demands it. My opinion on the matter is that the game should have the framework to accommodate the large roster the franchise deserves and, as per the more important part of my suggestion, a reduction in the amount of grind on levels and core upgrades before one can enjoy each of these new characters. 

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erren said:

FE Warriors 2 should be taken place in a neighboring kingdom by Aytolis, and feature older characters and bosses, such as the Fire Dragon, Formotiis, and ofhers.

characters that should be involved are as stated:

Magvel: Eirika, Ephraim, Innes, Tana, Knoll, L’Arachel, Myrrh, Joshua (DLC), Garcia (DLC), Seth (DLC), Lyon (History Mode Unlockable), Valter (History Mode Unlockable), Syrene (History Mode Unlockable), Formotiis (Boss Only)

Jugdral: Seliph, Julia, Shannan, Altena, Ced, Brian, Febail, Arion (History Mode Unlockable), Ares (History Mode Unlockable), Leif (History Mode Unlockable), Julius (DLC), Arvis (Boss/DLC), Ishtar (DLC), Manfroy (Boss Only)

Tellius: Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Soren, Titania, Mia, Nephenee, Edward (History Mode Unlockable), Sanaki/Mist (haven’t decided) (History Mode Unlockable), Caineghais (History Mode Unlockable), Black Knight (DLC/Boss), Sephiran (DLC), Shinon (DLC), Ashera (Boss Only)

Valentia: Alm, Gray, Tobin, Mae, Boey, Genny, Conrad, Celica (History Mode Unlockable), Kliff (History Mode Unlockable), Mycen (History Mode Unlockable), Berkut (DLC/Boss), Delthea (DLC), Leon (DLC), Duma (Boss only)

Elibe: Roy, Lillina, Klein, Fir, Clarine, Fae, Marcus, Eliwood (History Mode Unlockable), Hector (History Mode Unlockable), Lyn (History Mode Unlockable), Karel (DLC), Athos (DLC), Zephiel (DLC/Boss), Idoun (Boss Only)

No Elincia? Why? She has to be in the Tellius cast since she's a main character there. Besides, she'd have a unique niche as a sword flier and flying healer.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No Elincia? Why? She has to be in the Tellius cast since she's a main character there. Besides, she'd have a unique niche as a sword flier and flying healer.

Flying healer isn't a unique niche in Warriors. All 3 pegasi can heal. 

She would be a sword pegasi though, and she comes with an established prf weapon, which certainly helps her case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Flying healer isn't a unique niche in Warriors. All 3 pegasi can heal. 

She would be a sword pegasi though, and she comes with an established prf weapon, which certainly helps her case.

Don't they have to be promoted for that though? Elincia would be a healer right off the bat. But yes, sword flier still. And with a prf in Amiti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

The issue with Hyrule Warriors was that it wasn't actually several versions of Link, just different weapons the one Link could choose from. If my cousin and I both wanted to be Zelda, one of us would have to be content with Sheik or Toon Zelda, who both have completely different movesets that are both nothing at all like Zelda's Rapier style that I actually want to play but have to give up on because a 6-year-old thinks the Dominion Rod statues are hilarious and is mentally competent enough to recognize if I try to shaft him with a different character and adorable enough that the adults WILL side with him and make me be someone else or turn the thing off(eh, whatever, I can wait until he goes home, then you're all mine, sweet princess…wait, was that out loud?). FEW manages to get around the moveset part of that issue - if my friend and I both like to use Pegasus Knights, there are three lovely ladies to choose from, all of whom utilize the same techniques to allow us to both access a style of play we like, with the only problem arising if we both happen to take a liking to the same Lance-wielding beauty, in which case coughfriendshipisforgottenasIbeathimintothedirtforCordelia'ssakecough one of us will have to be someone else they like, which is surprisingly not that hard even with the less-than-perfect Roster, though it would be easier if we had Our Boi™ and The (insert adjective/possesive noun/verb here)'s Hero to play as. I will admit, though, that Units at least being able to swap between weapons their Class naturally offers should be a thing, even if the second weapon type ends up essentially making them a partial clone of another character - what if I want a spell-slinging Camilla like Fates lets me do? Or a Robin whipping a Levin Sword around? Or Frederick becoming truly a jack-of-all-trades with three different possible weapons? Warriors doesn't offer me that right now, and I would like to see that change, even if it means seeing Frederick take on Xander's moveset if you pick swords or Camilla being forced to dismount and run around throwing spells like Robin or Linde does.

With Link, there was Toon Link and Young Link meaning that, yes, there was more than one Link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shop for buying low grade materials. Maybe have collectibles unlock better shop options. I'm continually surprised to not see this requested everywhere. The use of currency in this game and HW is just to level up characters - cutting out the grind. Being able to buy materials you would normally grind out from certain maps would accomplish the very same thing. 

Before we knew much about FEW, I wanted a weapon switch mechanic for classes that normally wield multiple weapons. But the secondary weapons on units would be a less effective, generic moveset with short combo strings and poor AoE. Frederick would be a versatile dude wielding all three, but him with a sword is nothing compared to units that primarily wield swords. I want this mechanic because it would help take the stress out of picking balanced teams when half the roster are swordies. The one lance moveset in FEW is also pretty bad, so I'd be able to avoid playing as them by fielding units that could wield lances as a secondary.

I also wanted more class and/or character specific skills. I definitely anticipated they'd have the same skill charts, but it feels like yet another missed opportunity to reference actual fire emblem mechanics or just to make characters feel more unique. You could even make up for weaknesses. For instance, Ryoma who would be locked to swords, could earn bonuses against other sword users to make up for his lack of secondary weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what would be a great UI improvement? Being able to sort the characters. I hate that characters I never use (Ryoma, Corrin, Xander, etc...) are near the top or middle or whatever because it's sorted by game. I just want it to be like normal Fire Emblem where, if you don't use a unit, they slowly make their way to the bottom of the list. Or at least be able to sort by weapon type or by stats. I just need sorting, man.

It'd also be great if, while placing units, their support levels with each other would be above their heads like in the recent Fire Emblems.

And the customizable avatar really should have been here from the start. I know they said it'd be tough with the cinematics but does anyone play this for the story? This is a game where gameplay is the focus over story and having your own character would be far more appealing than a handful of cinematics with two random characters. Especially because they lean so heavily on Awakening and Fates which let you have a customizable avatar. Seems like an incredibly odd decision to exclude it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna avoid roster talk because I mean...  It'd be stupid not to expect that they'll add some new characters from different games.

What I really want is just the ability to change the BGM.  I mean, all the remixes and original songs are rockin', but like any music I'm usually only in the mood for specific tunes at certain times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slumber said:

Otherwise, IDK. I feel like most improvements I could think of would make the game deviate from what makes it a Warriors game.

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 massively deviated from Heroes 1, which was more of a Tower Defense + Musou, while 2 is more open area exploration etc. 

FEW2 if it exists may change from what we see with this one, or maybe this is just the Nintendo Warriors formula. Can't tell for the moment since we just have HW & FEW atm.

Edited by Jedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fulush said:

You know what would be a great UI improvement? Being able to sort the characters. I hate that characters I never use (Ryoma, Corrin, Xander, etc...) are near the top or middle or whatever because it's sorted by game. I just want it to be like normal Fire Emblem where, if you don't use a unit, they slowly make their way to the bottom of the list. Or at least be able to sort by weapon type or by stats. I just need sorting, man.

It'd also be great if, while placing units, their support levels with each other would be above their heads like in the recent Fire Emblems.

And the customizable avatar really should have been here from the start. I know they said it'd be tough with the cinematics but does anyone play this for the story? This is a game where gameplay is the focus over story and having your own character would be far more appealing than a handful of cinematics with two random characters. Especially because they lean so heavily on Awakening and Fates which let you have a customizable avatar. Seems like an incredibly odd decision to exclude it.

My thoughts exactly on all counts.

Though perhaps the option to "favorite" characters as in Heroes would be a more useful sorting tool than by percentage of use. Units with useful skills that you want to inherit will have disproportanately high usage rates after all.

They could then also add the options to sort by alphabetical order, game of origin, level, and class/weapon type. 

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Dragon Quest Heroes 2 massively deviated from Heroes 1, which was more of a Tower Defense + Musou, while 2 is more open area exploration etc. 

FEW2 if it exists may change from what we see with this one, or maybe this is just the Nintendo Warriors formula. Can't tell for the moment since we just have HW & FEW atm.

From what I remember, they're not even considering DQ Heroes as part of the Musou spinoffs, despite using the Musou gameplay formula.

It'd be interesting if certain enemy classes switched to using some of the other movesets currently in the game, though that would probably only happen to variants the game considers different from the normal variant. (I.E. Thief and Priest.)

Edited by Folt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...