The Jambastion Mages and FE Switch

So if you've been following news about Kirby: Star Allies, then you'd know that three of the game's major bosses are a trio tentatively called the Jambastion mages, each of whom has power over a certain element: Francisca controls ice, Flamberge controls fire, and Zan Partizanne controls electricity.

However, each mage also wields her own weapon; Francisca wields an axe, Flamberge wields a sword, and Zan Partizanne apparently wields a lance.  I don't know about you guys, but I can't construe these specific weapon choices as anything other than a reference to Fire Emblem's Weapon Triangle.

That said, how likely do you think we are to see characters referencing the Jambastion mages back in Fire Emblem Switch?  Granted, I'm probably super-desperate for anything to grab hold of regarding FE Switch info, but nevertheless I do think it's something worth thinking about.  What do you guys think?

As neat as that would be, I doubt that a major IP would do a shout-out so significant to another IP that the main antagonists are involved in it XD.

I'm relatively sure the mages have different weapons for the sake of their boss battles having variety, and any relation to FE is just coincidental.

Edited by Talcinel

14 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

So if you've been following news about Kirby: Star Allies, then you'd know that three of the game's major bosses are a trio tentatively called the Jambastion mages, each of whom has power over a certain element: Francisca controls ice, Flamberge controls fire, and Zan Partizanne controls electricity.

However, each mage also wields her own weapon; Francisca wields an axe, Flamberge wields a sword, and Zan Partizanne apparently wields a lance.  I don't know about you guys, but I can't construe these specific weapon choices as anything other than a reference to Fire Emblem's Weapon Triangle.

That said, how likely do you think we are to see characters referencing the Jambastion mages back in Fire Emblem Switch?  Granted, I'm probably super-desperate for anything to grab hold of regarding FE Switch info, but nevertheless I do think it's something worth thinking about.  What do you guys think?

This sounds very interesting. Granted, battlemages are quite rare in Fire Emblem, so I’d love to see them in the next game. Though they could just be bosses. 

Edited by ElectiveToast

Mmm, wouldn't be the first time that Kirby has done a shout out to Fire Emblem. But Kirby has referenced a ton of other nintendo franchises. I really can't think of a time where Fire Emblem made a clear reference to another nintendo series, except for the amiibo in Fates making references to Smash Bros. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

It's probably just a reference to Fire Emblem as a whole because of how much Sakurai loves the franchise.

Sakurai doesn't have anything to do with Kirby games anymore, as he left HAL ages ago to found his own company (SORA).

Just seems like a reference to FE. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

That being said, I would love to see the return of the "War Mage" or "Magefighter" class. I know it was never an optimal class, but I always enjoyed using it. Maybe it's because I liked the characters that had it (Tailtiu, Tine, Linda)

13 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Sakurai doesn't have anything to do with Kirby games anymore, as he left HAL ages ago to found his own company (SORA).

Oh, that's news to me haha. Thanks for the info!