Nintendo Direct confirmed for 3/8/18

Armagon

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nah, i feel like it's still too early. We just got a remake last year.

Yeah, I feel like it will be at least a year until we hear of another Echoes. 

To save costs, the B-team will probably use a lot of tech and assets that the bigger FE team is developing. That's how they managed to keep SoV's budget low, despite things like full VA. 

Kinda hard to do that while the main team is still developing FE Switch, even if they are at the tail end of development. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

All right, let's see if those pirate/ vampire emblem rumors are true.

Pirate/Vampire makes me think Metroidvania, so it better be an army of Samus and all them Belmonts.

Is that Nintendo link good for anyone to watch it afterwards without trailer thumbnails on the sides? Gonna be busy tomorrow and I like to go in fresh.

5 PM Eastern? Dang, I'll have to watch the recording.

Anyway, I... haven't really been keeping up with Nintendo news much, so I'm not sure what to expect. I suppose all I can guess is more Nindie games; anything else is uncertain.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Remember guys, don't get your hopes up.

Oh who am I kidding, you're all going to be disappointed. Have fun!

I'm open to surprises, I don't expect anything in particular (outside of a dedicated section to that Mario Game)

I'm anticipating that they have a lot to tell since the only nintendo game we know a release date for is coming out in just one week. Mario Tennis Aces makes sense given it's a spring release as well. And I'd be willing to bet Yoshi Switch will get it's official title as well as a release date no later than the week before E3. Fire Emblem, as always, is iffy to predict since we know nothing of the scale of the project. And after January I'm not about to make bets that it will show up this time. They really burned me. If it does show up, I'd expect a cinematic trailer of cutscenes, and a cumulative 20 seconds of battles, one of which shows a new, weird looking class.

I think there will be no more than one remaster of a Wii U or 3DS game. Nintendo probably realizes you need to space out these announcements. And as always I'm hopeful for details about the Virtual Console.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

About time! I was getting a bit impatient. FE Switch better be there!

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding it for announcement at E3 with a release date in Winter or even moved up to 2019. It's a new FE game making its debut on a new system, not to mention a console since the Wii two generations ago; it may be too big for a normal direct, in that case. Better to go in with no expectations and be pleasantly surprised than with high expectations and walking away disappointed.

20 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding it for announcement at E3 with a release date in Winter or even moved up to 2019. It's a new FE game making its debut on a new system, not to mention a console since the Wii two generations ago; it may be too big for a normal direct, in that case. Better to go in with no expectations and be pleasantly surprised than with high expectations and walking away disappointed.

Imo, that's too late since we've known about this game over a year now with nothing. Fans are getting impatient. Why not a trailer akin to the Fates teaser we got and then some bigger stuff at E3?

Other than this though, I really don't have any expectations for this Direct. I'm pretty open here.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Don't new FE games usually get a trailer released during a Direct, and then get fully shown off at E3? That's how it was with Fates if I recall correctly. 

I'm honestly just hoping for something; anything. Even if it's just an announcement that the game's going to be delayed to 2019, at least it'll be something.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Other than this though, I really don't have any expectations for this Direct. I'm pretty open here.

Same.

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm honestly just hoping for something; anything. Even if it's just an announcement that the game's going to be delayed to 2019, at least it'll be something.

Yeah, but I certainly hope it isn't being delayed. If it is, well, I just like to think that means the game will be better than it would've been had it not been delayed.

My most optimistic hope is a trailer with the title, some cutscenes, and some gameplay.

Realistically, we'll probably get a title and a small cutscene that will show our Lordandsaviorjesuschrist  as well as the love interest and possibly an Avatar with their default look.

In non FE news, Im hoping for Octopath Traveler, SMT V, and maybe even some Bayonetta 3 shenanigans! 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Imo, that's too late since we've known about this game over a year now with nothing. Fans are getting impatient. Why not a trailer akin to the Fates teaser we got and then some bigger stuff at E3?

It took like, what, two years before we got any real info on TMS#FE.  Yeah impatience, but it wouldn't be the first time FE has had long info droughts between "initial announcement with no info" and actual footage.

35 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It took like, what, two years before we got any real info on TMS#FE.  Yeah impatience, but it wouldn't be the first time FE has had long info droughts between "initial announcement with no info" and actual footage.

That one doesn't count since it was made by a different company. IS never made us wait so long before.

Edited by Anacybele

The mention of Mario Tennis details has me worried. If that is the part of the show that Nintendo thought was worthy of a highlight, this may not be the show we were waiting for. And I'm not even talking about "we" strictly from a Fire Emblem community stance. I mean that there is so much more interesting content that Nintendo could show than a sports spinoff, aside from FE Switch. A Smash 4 port, Yoshi footage, Metroid Prime 4 early details, and so much more would be able to carry the show.

Hopefully, they're just saving the best content as show surprises. 

jmX7PAv.png

Let's see how many of these i get right.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I mean that there is so much more interesting content that Nintendo could show than a sports spinoff, aside from FE Switch. A Smash 4 port, Yoshi footage, Metroid Prime 4 early details, and so much more would be able to carry the show.

I guarantee that Metorid Prime 4 won't be shown until E3. That game is a 2019 game at the very least.

5 hours ago, LaserDuda said:

I doubt we'd see the new Pokemon game here

We won't, Pokemon usually likes to announce their big games in their own Directs. Every main series Pokemon game since Gen 6 was announced in a Pokemon Direct. Basically, the moment a Pokemon Direct is announced, you're pretty much guaranteed that you'll be getting a new main series Pokemon game.

Edited by Armagon

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Don't new FE games usually get a trailer released during a Direct, and then get fully shown off at E3? That's how it was with Fates if I recall correctly. 

Same.

To be fair, FE was pretty low-key until Awakening. Before that, if I recall correctly, RD was revealed at E3. I wasn't there for Awakening so I dunno how marketing for that went exactly, but Fates took about less than a year after the first trailer (for Japan's release) and then Echoes came out pretty fast after its reveal, especially considering how drastically different it was from the past two 3DS games. I don't think IS really has/had a consistent gameplan with how they reveal their FE games, even if you only go by main series games.

Very appreciative of this Direct getting an announcement by the way. I hated when the last one just showed up without warning. So before I could possibly see it, all my news outlets and video feeds had the contents of the Direct in their blasted thumbnails. 

I've been dying for FE 16 news, I really hope it's formally announced and coming soon. 

Other than that I want to know release dates for Hyrule Warriors, TWEWY, and Octopath, and my out there wishes are some FF games and Kingdom Hearts collections/KH3. A new 2D Zelda or the rumoured Link's Awakening remake would be awesome as long as it's on Switch, haha.