hime tries to draw

himeki

Hi I'm Hime and I never learned how to make a thread. Or draw.

Honestly don't know what to put here other than the fact that IIIII draw with CSP or traditional mediums, I'm entirely self taught and I've been drawing for abouuut three years? Honestly don't know when I started. 

i'll probably mostly post my FE art here since it's a bigger forum than I'm used to and I'm sure nobody cares about my random ocs haha.

To start off, here's an Eirika I did for the FECompendium's tarot booklet

tumblr_p4xs02jBGZ1x1u1fxo1_1280.png

here's some original stuff if you're interested:

Spoiler

tumblr_p3e4f5UpzH1x1u1fxo1_1280.png

My witch son who's had to deal with too much crap.

tumblr_p44ailLgR61x1u1fxo1_1280.png

His husband (owned by my friend) who dies.

tumblr_p2ltlqcKvO1x1u1fxo1_1280.png

His future daughter who is Stressed.

as you can probably gather these are all from an original story :')

psst, my commissions are open if you're interested ;))) pm for info (so i can blow more money trying to make a +10 eirika hA)

That Eirika looks really good! Her hair and the detailing on her armor are legit, and I'm super impressed with the metallic shading on her breastplate, that's something I still struggle  with when it comes to drawing/coloring armor =v=;;

I also really like the lighting and ambient effects in the other ones, nice work!

On 3/8/2018 at 11:54 PM, BANRYU said:

That Eirika looks really good! Her hair and the detailing on her armor are legit, and I'm super impressed with the metallic shading on her breastplate, that's something I still struggle  with when it comes to drawing/coloring armor =v=;;

I also really like the lighting and ambient effects in the other ones, nice work!

Thank you!! The armour took almost three hours to get right, so I'm really glad it turned out well! armour is a pain to do haha. 

and thank you again! I really like using dramatic lighting and effects in my artwork haha (to hide my mistakes)

3 hours ago, Natalie said:

Oooh wow I love your art style!

The hair is so nice... and the hands!!!

Thank you! I loooove painting hair but I really struggle with hands tbh? 

anyway here some chrobin stuff because You Know

tumblr_p5eqqss40R1x1u1fxo3_540.png

I'll update the OP when I get up haha

6 hours ago, himeki said:

Thank you! I loooove painting hair but I really struggle with hands tbh? 

anyway here some chrobin stuff because You Know

tumblr_p5eqqss40R1x1u1fxo3_540.png

Hands are disgusting to draw tbh though. I swear I spend more time on hands than the rest of the piece sometimes.

Ahh this one is so nice. I love the lighting effects on Robin's eyes and the brands! 

I'll be following you on Tumblr because I spend more time there than here (my name is ylilea on there btw).

On 3/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, himeki said:

Hi I'm Hime and I never learned how to make a thread. Or draw.

Honestly don't know what to put here other than the fact that IIIII draw with CSP or traditional mediums, I'm entirely self taught and I've been drawing for abouuut three years? Honestly don't know when I started. 

i'll probably mostly post my FE art here since it's a bigger forum than I'm used to and I'm sure nobody cares about my random ocs haha.

To start off, here's an Eirika I did for the FECompendium's tarot booklet

here's some original stuff if you're interested:

psst, my commissions are open if you're interested ;))) pm for info (so i can blow more money trying to make a +10 eirika hA)

to tell you the truth, i think these look FANTASTIC. for sure. but i want to ask about the elephant in the room

why do you make the heads so long, with so much space between the nose and eyes? i know youre doing it on purpose, and i want to know your thoughts on it. i definitely have my own intentional quirks in my drawing and thoughts behind them

On 3/11/2018 at 10:41 AM, Natalie said:

Hands are disgusting to draw tbh though. I swear I spend more time on hands than the rest of the piece sometimes.

Ahh this one is so nice. I love the lighting effects on Robin's eyes and the brands! 

I'll be following you on Tumblr because I spend more time there than here (my name is ylilea on there btw).

I hate doing them so much, I spend hours just trying to make them look half decent though I must admit, sometimes I just adjust the lighting so you dont see it haha

Thank you! I'm really happy with the turnout given I spent pretty much the whole weekend on it ^^;

4 hours ago, xXHoshiHeartsXx said:

to tell you the truth, i think these look FANTASTIC. for sure. but i want to ask about the elephant in the room

why do you make the heads so long, with so much space between the nose and eyes? i know youre doing it on purpose, and i want to know your thoughts on it. i definitely have my own intentional quirks in my drawing and thoughts behind them

Thanks - it's a stylistic thing: that's all there is to it.