FE debating board added

VincentASM

Anyway, almost every debate I've done is not about whether or not to use a unit. That's always up to the player's preference. It's about how useful a unit is.

There is a connection between those though, as evidenced by "Dart is not getting a Wil support, since Wil sucks" and "Lucius is getting a Raven support, since Raven is good" (and therefore unlikely or likely to be in play). However, those are only applicable for units that are not being debated...for example, a Nino vs Renault debate cannot really be carried out under the assumption of "they both suck, so they're not being used".

I don't know if this applies, but you may have to bring out a unit, but you don't have to use them in battle.

This is true. All being autofielded is...being autofielded. It means that it's a pro for using that unit (since if you didn't, you would have to protect that weak unit, while if you did, you have an extra unit to kill and block things with), but by no means an auto-win.

There is a connection between those though, as evidenced by "Dart is not getting a Wil support, since Wil sucks" and "Lucius is getting a Raven support, since Raven is good" (and therefore unlikely or likely to be in play). However, those are only applicable for units that are not being debated...for example, a Nino vs Renault debate cannot really be carried out under the assumption of "they both suck, so they're not being used".

Also, debates for characters considered low tier already call into question the validity of assuming the rest of your party is the "perfect" team. And tier lists aren't set in stone. If you're using Renault, what's stopping you from using Isadora if you want?

But then again, the "this support isn't happening because you're not using this character" never sat well with me.

EDIT: If we're still talking about it, Sieze arguments (either pro or con) should be totally invalid. They're dead ends.

Edited by YokaiKnight

Finally!

I have one question pertaining this section, though. Are they for debate tournaments and challenges and the like or also for "best y in game x" debate topics?

Also, debates for characters considered low tier already call into question the validity of assuming the rest of your party is the "perfect" team.

Obviously no party is perfect, but definitely not a party which has Renault. However, when I use Renault, that doesn't make it more likely that I'm using other bad units. Sure, using Isadora or Wallace would be a tad more likely (since they've become slightly better with Renault's Anima support...ignoring that it is superslow and only in effect for one map at best), but they're still bad units, and I'd rather use good units instead. A party with Renault/Wallace supported is still worse off than a party with Renault and Raven, both unsupported, every other unit in the team the same.