Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

4+10 has been a valid option for me for many units. But now that we are getting new 5* weapons for old units, it became a little risky. I just promoted a +SPD Donnel, because I saw a video of him soloing the infernal Takumi GHB with a reforged carrot lance. He'll perform well enough anyway with Brave+, but I keep the option alive to give him another built in the future. 

I became used to Cherche in my arena team, but now I regret a little to run her at 4*+10, because I can't score higher and perhaps she'll get a new weapon in the future. 

I didn't become hip to *4 +10'ing until much later into the game when I'd already sent a lot of those units home or used them as barracks clear fodder. Only *4 +10 I have is Raigh and that just happened. If I'd done it before I'd probably score much better in AA. With all the units getting new weapons honestly I don't really have an issue with promoting a unit and giving it to the supermerge. The supermerge is still stronger than the vanilla *5 and chances are if you don't like the unit enough you aren't going to feed it merges.

Raigh could get Apocalypse and that could make him viable. But am I going to +10 him? Probably not, and that's what you should have in your head if you're climbing up in arena, because at the end of the day the team that gets you the highest score is going to be those highly loved *5 merged characters that are probably your favorites.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I didn't become hip to *4 +10'ing until much later into the game when I'd already sent a lot of those units home or used them as barracks clear fodder. Only *4 +10 I have is Raigh and that just happened. If I'd done it before I'd probably score much better in AA. With all the units getting new weapons honestly I don't really have an issue with promoting a unit and giving it to the supermerge. The supermerge is still stronger than the vanilla *5 and chances are if you don't like the unit enough you aren't going to feed it merges.

Raigh could get Apocalypse and that could make him viable. But am I going to +10 him? Probably not, and that's what you should have in your head if you're climbing up in arena, because at the end of the day the team that gets you the highest score is going to be those highly loved *5 merged characters that are probably your favorites.

You are probably right. If the new weapons are not worth 20k feathers, then I shouldn't be worried. 

I +10ed Olivia, Stahl and Cherche so far. Raigh, Sophia and Lilina are near. It's a little sad they took the free heroes out of the arena bonus rotation. 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You are probably right. If the new weapons are not worth 20k feathers, then I shouldn't be worried. 

I +10ed Olivia, Stahl and Cherche so far. Raigh, Sophia and Lilina are near. It's a little sad they took the free heroes out of the arena bonus rotation. 

Agreed 100%. As for me? Raigh is +10, Fir is +7, Tharja is +5 (with 2 others unmerged), Camilla/Donnel are also +5, Virion/Azama/Lachesis are +4, Priscilla/Saizo/Laslow/Est are +3 and Olivia/Palla/Sakura are +2.

There are plenty of units that I could have already had merged up the wazoo like Felicia, F!Corrin and Titania but I sent a lot of different units home and other units are good sources of fodder. You never know when you'll need a Draconic Aura or a Hone ATK. I'm not so quick to merge all my units instead of spending a couple orbs to make space permanently in my barracks. I'm almost at 500 spaces. 1 more orb and I'm sure I'll spend it soon enough.

Edited by Zeo

Oh wow, looks like the random female Morgan with somewhat annoying IV's (-atk) I pulled will be useful after all. Will certainly make the grind to get Gerome less tedious. Other than that I'll probably just throw in Ike, Soren and Axura, like I usually do.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Agreed 100%. As for me? Raigh is +10, Fir is +7, Tharja is +5 (with 2 others unmerged), Camilla is +5, Virion/Azama/Lachesis are +4, Priscilla/Saizo/Est are +3 and Olivia/Palla/Sakura are +2.

There are plenty of units that I could have already had merged up the wazoo like Felicia, F!Corrin and Titania but I sent a lot of different units home and other units are good sources of fodder. You never know when you'll need a Draconic Aura or a Hone ATK. I'm not so quick to merge all my units instead of spending a couple orbs to make space permanently in my barracks. I'm almost at 500 spaces. 1 more orb and I'm sure I'll spend it soon enough.

I have some others as well, best examples are Seliph+9, Frederick +8, Beruka +8, Chrom +6, M!Corrin +6, Azama+6, Oboro +6 and Eliwood +8 (with Durandal).

Like you wrote, some units are too good fodder to merge, but I'm still undecided which red and green (and colorless) unit to bring to 5* +10. BH!Roy may be stuck at +5 forever, so I keep my options alive with Caeda, A!Tiki, Hana, M!Marth, Cherche, Nino and Fae. 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I have some others as well, best examples are Seliph+9, Frederick +8, Beruka +8, Chrom +6, M!Corrin +6, Azama+6, Oboro +6 and Eliwood +8 (with Durandal).

Like you wrote, some units are too good fodder to merge, but I'm still undecided which red and green (and colorless) unit to bring to 5* +10. BH!Roy may be stuck at +5 forever, so I keep my options alive with Caeda, A!Tiki, Hana, M!Marth, Cherche, Nino and Fae. 

I forgot, I have a +5 Seliph with potential to +6. I *5'd a +ATK Frederick to merge into my old +1 +HP/-ATK to make him +2 as he was the first *5 I ever pulled (and I pulled 2 of him in the same pool.) I've sent home so many Berukas it's not funny. I regret not +10'ing her, she probably could have been the first. Then again most of them were *3 and feathers were harder to come by back then. M!Corrin I have enough to +3 I think and... I've used quite a few Eliwoods for Ward Cavalry, Axebreaker and Sol. Doesn't stop me from having a +1 *5 Eliwood (pity broke me twice going for Lyn back when I didn't have her) and a +SPD/-RES one I can promote and give Blazing Durandal if I want a 2nd Brave Roy (which I don't really need + he needs Galeforce)

I'm mad at your +6 Chrom though. I've only ever pulled 4 of him and I want to make him a *5 +10. As far as units to *5 +10, basically take every *3 and *4 pull-able unit in each color pool and ask yourself which unit you like the most out of every pool. From there the answer should be simple, if it isn't you go for which units you like the most and then the most powerful unit out of them.

I didn't pick Matthew/Nino/Lukas/Chrom/Serra because they're amazing units or meta, I picked them because they're either my favorites or appeal to me. I feel awesome when I use them and I enjoy the game more when I do. It should be pretty easy to name the units you enjoy using the most, even if they aren't your most frequented.

26 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I'm mad at your +6 Chrom though. I've only ever pulled 4 of him and I want to make him a *5 +10.

I stopped merging him, perhaps I'll need his remaining 2 copies for Aether. I never gave anyone Aether though, Galeforce was my thing so far. 

26 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As far as units to *5 +10, basically take every *3 and *4 pull-able unit in each color pool and ask yourself which unit you like the most out of every pool. From there the answer should be simple, if it isn't you go for which units you like the most and then the most powerful unit out of them.

I would +10 Nino and perhaps even Donnel, but Fliers usually get a bonus in my queue. The other thing is, Nino at 5* +10 wouldn't boost my score much compared to Cherche 4*+10. On the other hand I like Fae much more than Nowi for example and she would be good for scoring and playing. 

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I stopped merging him, perhaps I'll need his remaining 2 copies for Aether. I never gave anyone Aether though, Galeforce was my thing so far. 

I would +10 Nino and perhaps even Donnel, but Fliers usually get a bonus in my queue. The other thing is, Nino at 5* +10 wouldn't boost my score much compared to Cherche 4*+10. On the other hand I like Fae much more than Nowi for example and she would be good for scoring and playing. 

Donnel is a good choice. If you're going exclusively for score Nino may not be the best but keep in mind that you aren't necessarily going to have multiple ranged units in your merge team and it doesn't hurt at all to have at least one (I'm having two which is pretty bad, but what can you do~). Fae though is ridiculous and probably one of your best options for a *5 +10 green period. Then we're talking about a Dragon Emblem team, and we don't talk about Dragon Emblem teams.

On the other hand when merging remember what you're giving up also. Merging Matthew means I basically never have Hone SPD, Chrom means no Aether. Nino means no Gronnblade+ fodder for a long time and Fae means no Renewal (unless you pull La'Arachel). That's something I didn't really pay attention to until I realized and started wonder why I never had Hone SPD 3 fodder.

Economic choices and all that.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Donnel is a good choice. If you're going exclusively for score Nino may not be the best but keep in mind that you aren't necessarily going to have multiple ranged units in your merge team and it doesn't hurt at all to have at least one (I'm having two which is pretty bad, but what can you do~). Fae though is ridiculous and probably one of your best options for a *5 +10 green period. Then we're talking about a Dragon Emblem team, and we don't talk about Dragon Emblem teams.

On the other hand when merging remember what you're giving up also. Merging Matthew means I basically never have Hone SPD, Chrom means no Aether. Nino means no Gronnblade+ fodder for a long time and Fae means no Renewal (unless you pull La'Arachel). That's something I didn't really pay attention to until I realized and started wonder why I never had Hone SPD 3 fodder.

Economic choices and all that.

Donnel would be 5th maximum, since my queue is 1# Cordelia, 2# green, 3# red and perhaps 4# colorless. 

I got a couple of Eirikas waiting to be foddered of for Hone SPD, but since I have the seal at level 3, it's more important to get Hone ATK, movement specific buffs and Tactic skills. Nino is more Draw back fodder than Gronnblade fodder, every ranged unit should have draw back (or Reposition in some cases). Currently I would prefer a Flier, but I only have 1 copy of Cherche left. I never gave up the idea to give her Heavy blade + QP seal. 

The lack of fodder for a certain skill wouldn't be so grave in comparison to the lack of feathers. I like the fact that I'm always able to promote a bonus unit for TTs or VGs, like I did today with Donnel and Robin. I don't need them, Robin works also at 4*. But if I don't play them now in TTs, when should I? 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Donnel would be 5th maximum, since my queue is 1# Cordelia, 2# green, 3# red and perhaps 4# colorless. 

I got a couple of Eirikas waiting to be foddered of for Hone SPD, but since I have the seal at level 3, it's more important to get Hone ATK, movement specific buffs and Tactic skills. Nino is more Draw back fodder than Gronnblade fodder, every ranged unit should have draw back (or Reposition in some cases). Currently I would prefer a Flier, but I only have 1 copy of Cherche left. I never gave up the idea to give her Heavy blade + QP seal. 

The lack of fodder for a certain skill wouldn't be so grave in comparison to the lack of feathers. I like the fact that I'm always able to promote a bonus unit for TTs or VGs, like I did today with Donnel and Robin. I don't need them, Robin works also at 4*. But if I don't play them now in TTs, when should I? 

It's definitely the time to use them, the convenience of being able to promote a unit on demand is good but I still wouldn't  worry about feathers much either though. When you're merging a unit there's usually always going to be some downtime while you're waiting to pull more copies. I've spent at least 60k inbetween Matt merges on the simple fact that I simply had no more to merge.

As long as you keep a solid 20k in your pocket at all times, you're free to spend them as you like in my book.

For colorless your best bet is probably Kagero, Sothe, Jeorge or a Healer. Klein is too good of fodder to merge unless you like him and none of the other archers are particularly amazing if they don't appeal to you as characters. I love Matt but he's expensive to build and Sothe/Kagero are powerful and easy to build.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

As long as you keep a solid 20k in your pocket at all times, you're free to spend them as you like in my book.

I'm down to 60k now and I'll try to keep that until Cordelia gets her 4* banner. If she doesn't get one soon, I'll try to save up more feathers and merge a green unit in the summer. 

Noticed it after I put together my TT team but it represents some stages of a guy's life.

9ePlwA8.jpg

We've got Donnel the teen/adolescent, Ryoma the young adult, Dorcas the middle aged man(that's how he looks to me. Could be off entirely), and Wrys the old man.

Well looks like I will use Cherche until I get her son since I don't have a 40%.  Flier emblem for this TT it is.  Thank goodness that Gerome is a 40% so it will only be a grind until I get him.

Hmm not sure what team to do..Lunatic 7 bonus run plans are:

Account 1 will probably be Cherche, Summer Corrin, Skyzura and maybe 'Marth' for the Falchion bonus against Grima. Maybe I'll upgrade her Falchion? She's my currently highest merge anyway while Chrom and actual Marth are still 4 star.

Account 2 will use Olivia, Exalt Chrom, LA!Lilina and maybe Priscilla for Hone Cav boosts and healing. Still not exactly sure about this one...I feel like I might need either Reinhardt or a bow user.

Edited by mcsilas

Running Alm (healer and bosskiller), Cherche (bonus until I get Gerome), Delthea (Ephraim capped HM, otherwise I'd run him instead) and whichever one of my 6 dancers that hasn't capped HM yet.

Cherche has brave+DB while Delthea has desperation and Alm has self sustain so healing isn't too much of an issue.

Edited by Korath88

My current plan is - Lunatic 7 x 2 - Xander, Reinhardt, Dancer (likely Shigure until he caps, which is close) and M!Morgan. This will go on throughout the trials.

After the initial bonus runs, I'll drop to Lunatic 5. Planning a team with Alm and M!Morgan, but not sure who else just yet. Will adapt as necessary.

Once I have Gerome, I'm definitely switching to a flier team and will be S-Supporting him immediately. I plan to use stamina potions to get him up to speed as soon as I get his 5*, but I'll take my usual time to reach him :)

Well I think I have my first team decided by who needs SP most since this a full TT I think I will take my time getting Gerome.  Anyway first team will be Cecilia, B!Roy, Jakob and Donnel so I have a blue bonus unit, but once Cecilia gets the SP she needs I will switch her for Michalis.  Once I get Gerome I will switch to flier emblem of Gerome, Hinoka, Elincia and S!Corrin/Bunnilla.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Will need to think about how this is going to work.  Chrom's a must - with Sword Valor and Falchion, he's going to rip things apart.  I'll probably use the Raven/Mist combo, since Chrom really likes the slowdown Fear+ gives.  This leaves Shigure as the dancer, since I'm short on ranged units.  May need to swap out Breath of Life for a Hone or something.  Mist's Spur is too damn useful to give up.

Already got the team planned. F!Morgan will be lugging around Grima and/or LA!Eliwood with the Guidance seal. Will be using this to train a bunch of units:

• Lukas 4+10 (grinding SP to evolve his Killer Lance+ into Slaying Lance and finally hit 200 Dew)
  • Marth (gotta have a second Falchion user for Arena Assault)
  • Eldigan (grinding SP to rebuild him after wasting SP on noob skill choices)
  • Chrom (original, not horse. He's close to an HM threshold)

And also doing some all-flying runs.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

On 3/7/2018 at 9:50 PM, Glennstavos said:

F!Robin would be a cool choice of bonus unit since nobody really seems to use her. It would just be inconvenient for me since I already maxed her HM.

Yeah I walked right into this one. Gerome is green though so I'm good. Got a +Atk/-HP Donnel to promote. Should be fun. Wish I also had an optimal Cherche to promote but I don't.