Tempest Trials: Invisible Ties!

Vaximillian

The bonus units are revealed.

40%: Horse Chrom, male Morgan, female Morgan, Gerome.
20%: female Robin, Donnel, Cherche, Olivia.

We still Awakening, folks.

Donnel, Cherche, and Olivia are on the banner.

I’m going to update the OP ASAP.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems I got worked up trying to get F!Morgan early for nothing. Flier Emblem will be the best comp for this TT just like with the New Years one if one had Airzura. Olivia will be better for auto battle though, Dancers with boosted stats and WoM are always awesome, although not as awesome as healers.

If I manage to get to 20k feathers with the arena rewards I'll run my +Atk Cherche (she already has all the SI she needs, I only need feathers to get her to 5*).

Of course all the TTs where the reward unit gives 40% are the one where I already do have a 40% unit lined up. Thanks for nothing Love Abounds..

Oh well, I am running a horse emblem team helmed by ExaltChrom, so Gerome won't even fit on there.

Olivia and Cherche are bonus units huh. Good thing I have both of them as +10 4-stars. Along with FMorgan I'll have 3 units with boosted stats this time. This TT should be a great time for me!

Edited by NSSKG151
better wording

Urgh, pity that my Olivia and Cherche have already capped HM! Might give F!Robin and Donnel a shot; my F!Robin's already 5* and built and I do own a +Atk/-Res Donnel. And of course, Gerome is a 40% unit and is free - aw yeah!

Wow, this will be the first time for me to have all bonus units except one (Chrom). 

Olivia and Cherche are 4*+10 with Cherche maxed HM long ago, Olivia misses only 500 HM to max out. I'll promote Robin, but I don't know which Donnel to promote. I always liked the idea to build my +SPD/-HP Donnel with another weapon, alternatively I could promote a +ATK/-DEF or a +ATK/-SPD copy and let him keep Brave lance. 

Hmm, I only 5-starred my Barst last week, and he doesn't have any meaningful investment yet so I could just give him over to Cherche. But he's my only +Atk copy so I'm reluctant. I could promote another one, though it feels kinda absurd to promote two in a week.

Olivia is at 3866HM but might be worth taking to every lunatic fight anyway because easymode.

Cherche is 4*+9 and under so she can hold her own, but I still need to pass Brave+, DB3 and Reposition. Chrom is new and will be an obvious mainstay. Robin and Donnel are just plain unmerged 4* so I doubt they'll see any action.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wonder if it's worth using Cherche's Hammer+ Instead of Brave Axe+ against Grima. He is an armour but Falchions would be better since red is good against green

She wouldn't kill him with one hit and would die most likely on the first counter attack. 

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

She wouldn't kill him with one hit and would die most likely on the first counter attack. 

Hmm true. I was hoping for bonus stats and Flier buffs to power through but I guess Grima would get even more bonus stats.

I wonder if Gerome would interact with his mother Cherche in the TT intro/outros?

Do the 'filler' 20% bonus units even appear in TT intro/outros? (I say 'filler' because Joshua appeared in the conversations despite being only a 20% unit)

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Do the 'filler' 20% bonus units even appear in TT intro/outros? (I say 'filler' because Joshua appeared in the conversations despite being only a 20% unit)

Hell, if even Seliph did despite not even being a 20% bonus, then yeah.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Joshua has been a bonus unit and as far as I remember all bonus units appeared in the conversations (not 100% sure though). 

This is pretty sweet actually. If it wasn't I pulled F!Morgan on my free pull but having so many units to use is pretty great. Cherche's fully built, Olivia is a dancer, F!Robin I have at *5 with tons of HM to get, F!Morgan is a mainstay, Gerome's there and Donnel I have at *4 +5 so he'll do fine.

Pretty much only thing I'm unsure about it weather to make Donnel a *4 +8 with the *3 copies I have or to *5 Donnel, use that one for the tempest and merge down for the BL+ when the Tempest ends. He'll definitely perform better, but you don't get those feathers back and if a Matthew pops up to merge I'm in a hole again.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Joshua has been a bonus unit and as far as I remember all bonus units appeared in the conversations (not 100% sure though). 

Not necessarily. the other bonus heroes in the Farfetched Heroes tempest didn't show up.

Oh wait, didn't Lissa show up in the very first one? Can't remember if it was the intro our outro, but I remember her at least.

But yes, either hoping for either Lucina/Gerome mask interaction and/or Cherche/Gerome (maybe Chrom/'Marth' parallel?)

17 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Pretty much only thing I'm unsure about it weather to make Donnel a *4 +8 with the *3 copies I have or to *5 Donnel, use that one for the tempest and merge down for the BL+ when the Tempest ends. He'll definitely perform better, but you don't get those feathers back and if a Matthew pops up to merge I'm in a hole again.

4+10 has been a valid option for me for many units. But now that we are getting new 5* weapons for old units, it became a little risky. I just promoted a +SPD Donnel, because I saw a video of him soloing the infernal Takumi GHB with a reforged carrot lance. He'll perform well enough anyway with Brave+, but I keep the option alive to give him another built in the future. 

I became used to Cherche in my arena team, but now I regret a little to run her at 4*+10, because I can't score higher and perhaps she'll get a new weapon in the future. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not necessarily. the other bonus heroes in the Farfetched Heroes tempest didn't show up.

I meant reward unit, not bonus unit. Sorry. 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I meant reward unit, not bonus unit. Sorry. 

Clive didn't say anything. I don't think Tobin did. BK was mentioned but didn't actually speak. Arden was not present. And Marissa's wasn't even SS based.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Clive didn't say anything. I don't think Tobin did. BK was mentioned but didn't actually speak. Arden was not present. And Marissa's wasn't even SS based.

Hmm so much for my theory then.