Which Continent/World is the Strongest?

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

While it is true that Heirs of Fate Anankos is stronger, I still do not feel that he has become stronger than entities like Naga and Grima, or at the very least Naga. 

However, I definitely don't think he's surpassed Ashunera in any way. Even though I'm not as big of a fan of the Tellius series as others, Ashunera is an entity that we don't fight, and for good reason. Ashunera in a mere moment of frantic emotional distress ended up causing a flood that wiped out the other continents save for Tellius. This was just because of how she just wanted the fighting to stop, but her powers were too great. 

As Yune said, gods aren't perfect. They just make grander mistakes that far surpasses the likes of mortals. Even Ashera, who only embodies half of Ashunera's powers, performed incredible feat by petrifying virtually the entire continent the moment she awakened. And this is despite how Ashera is likely weakened from having been asleep for so long. But even then, she gave some blessings to mere recruits that allowed them to fight on par with skilled fighters like Ike and the others. And she even revealed that she can revive the dead, though to a limited degree. It is also impossible to even defeat Ashera without Yune, as Yune gave Ike all of her chaos powers to allow Ike to defeat Ashera, and even that didn't kill her, merely put her to sleep and merge back with Yune. 

So Ashunera, that has her full powers that allows her to fully and wholly create life, may in fact have the power to fully end life in the blink of an eye. But she doesn't as she is too benevolent and loves the life that exists because it saved her from her own solitude.

As for why I think Naga is superior, by Awakening, Naga takes a spiritual form. She is clearly limited in her powers to interact with the physical plane, but even then, she was able to perform time travel and send in the Awakening child back in time, and another Naga went and moved Chrom's army to move to another world's future. As Anankos said to the Awakening trio when he gave them the space-time stone, that he cannot violate the taboo of space-time more than he already has. 

Now for a god like entity like him, this implies that there is genuine consequences in doing this, and thus shouldn't be messed with. But Anankos says that he is in awe that Naga is able to perform such a feat of what she did in Awakening and Future Past with little to no consequences at all. 

I really would hate to see Ashunera get truly angry. I can't imagine them having to fight her, just Ashera alone was terrifying enough. As Ashunera there wouldn't be any balancing force to take her down like Yune was for Ashera. Naga and Grima at least balance each other in some way.

I haven't played Jugdral which is apparently a major contender, but I still think Tellius is up there if only by sheer number of canon god-like warriors. Also Haar is in Tellius and I'm pretty sure they would all hate to meet him face to face xD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Micaiah, for a fortune teller with no formal military experience, she's surprisingly good. Miraculous powers a lot when they kick in, but even without them she'll struggle and put up a good fight. She's too fragile to be a frontline warrior I'd say however. Wins the hearts of all from Daein.

A Yune blessed Micaiah shouldn't be too frail any more especially considering Yune's statement of leaving the fighting to Micaiah unless she was being sarcastic. Anyway, she can revive Sephiran to full health and still have the stamina to fight Ashera. 

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

While it is true that Heirs of Fate Anankos is stronger, I still do not feel that he has become stronger than entities like Naga and Grima, or at the very least Naga. 

However, I definitely don't think he's surpassed Ashunera in any way. Even though I'm not as big of a fan of the Tellius series as others, Ashunera is an entity that we don't fight, and for good reason. Ashunera in a mere moment of frantic emotional distress ended up causing a flood that wiped out the other continents save for Tellius. This was just because of how she just wanted the fighting to stop, but her powers were too great. 

As Yune said, gods aren't perfect. They just make grander mistakes that far surpasses the likes of mortals. Even Ashera, who only embodies half of Ashunera's powers, performed incredible feat by petrifying virtually the entire continent the moment she awakened. And this is despite how Ashera is likely weakened from having been asleep for so long. But even then, she gave some blessings to mere recruits that allowed them to fight on par with skilled fighters like Ike and the others. And she even revealed that she can revive the dead, though to a limited degree. It is also impossible to even defeat Ashera without Yune, as Yune gave Ike all of her chaos powers to allow Ike to defeat Ashera, and even that didn't kill her, merely put her to sleep and merge back with Yune. 

So Ashunera, that has her full powers that allows her to fully and wholly create life, may in fact have the power to fully end life in the blink of an eye. But she doesn't as she is too benevolent and loves the life that exists because it saved her from her own solitude.

As for why I think Naga is superior, by Awakening, Naga takes a spiritual form. She is clearly limited in her powers to interact with the physical plane, but even then, she was able to perform time travel and send in the Awakening child back in time, and another Naga went and moved Chrom's army to move to another world's future. As Anankos said to the Awakening trio when he gave them the space-time stone, that he cannot violate the taboo of space-time more than he already has. 

Now for a god like entity like him, this implies that there is genuine consequences in doing this, and thus shouldn't be messed with. But Anankos says that he is in awe that Naga is able to perform such a feat of what she did in Awakening and Future Past with little to no consequences at all. 

This is from End: Lost in the Waves DLC

Anankos: But I have a solution, Cadros. We shall build a new kingdom, you and I. As soon as we have found the ideal land for it...

Shigure: Why can you not build here? What is so "ideal" about this land you seek?

Anankos: This world is already tainted by the humans and their dominance. I have been searching the astral plane for realms in which things did not go awry. But none of the realms are right. None of them have MY Kingdom of Valla...

Shigure: No... This was all to find your ideal kingdom from before it was destroyed? That's why you invaded so many Deeprealms all at once?

Anankos: The contemptible vermin of this realm betrayed me. But among the endless possibilities across the astral plane... There must be one realm in which they did not. One realm where I was not defied; not rejected; not driven away by the sword...

Shigure: Yet you found no such realm.

Anankos: Correct. Every realm is worthless. Even if I wipe out all the vermin there... As soon as I move to the next realm, it is wrong too. I cannot find my perfect Valla! They are all wrong! ALL!

Shigure: Of course they are. You can repeat your search a thousand times over and never find it. Your ideal kingdom of Valla is no more.

We can clearly see Anankos say "I have been searching the astral plane for realms in which things did not go awry. But none of the realms are right. None of them have MY Kingdom of Valla..." so we know Anankos has been searching the astral plane for so called realms, but what are these realms? Anankos say's he's looking for his Kingdom of Valla, meaning he's searching for whole kingdoms of the same king meaning he's not just searching randomly in locations wherever for his Valla, but he's searching different entire worlds, and as he states later possibilities. He's searching for a reality in which humans did not abandon him, and this is his perfect Valla. He later states "Ever realm is worthless. Even if I wipe out all the vermine there... As sson as I move to the next realm, it is wrong too." meaning he has destroyed the people of these worlds several times, meaning he has that kind of power. Anankos is a straight up higher-dimensional entity, here. This feat easily beats flooding on a global scale, and life restoration powers. Which btw are still some of the only feats between Ashunera and DLC Anankos. They don't even beat each other in quantity of feats. Now I admit I have to give the edge to Ashunera and Naga for consistency as even DLC Anankos manages to dye to two Omega Yatos (no wonder they call it the Fire Emblem), but this feat Anankos performs is beyond anything the others have ever done or implied to do.

15 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I really would hate to see Ashunera get truly angry. I can't imagine them having to fight her, just Ashera alone was terrifying enough. As Ashunera there wouldn't be any balancing force to take her down like Yune was for Ashera. Naga and Grima at least balance each other in some way.

I think its rather telling that Ashunera's split persona that embodies emotions looks like a child. This actually means that Ashunera's emotional maturity at the time was rather young. And it makes sense. She's lived her life in solitude, never having anyone around her. She created life, and its only after that the Zunanma appeared and gave her comfort. But all she got from that was joy and happiness, never experiencing the negative side of the case. So when the Zunanma became laguz and beorc and began fighting, it tested her emotions. I think by the time of her reawakening, Ashunera's emotional capacity has increased thanks to how Yune learned to control herself more thanks to being sung to and for interacting with others. 

16 minutes ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I haven't played Jugdral which is apparently a major contender, but I still think Tellius is up there if only by sheer number of canon god-like warriors. Also Haar is in Tellius and I'm pretty sure they would all hate to meet him face to face xD

It's very difficult to play that game. The gameplay is nothing like the others. One chapter can take hours to finish. However, there are some elements of broken gameplay there like the Holy Weapons. Any unit with it becomes a monster. The tales go that people with it become one man armies, and the stat boosts it gives are rather insane, because it does make you into one man armies and take out dozens of enemy units that try to dogpile you. the one that gets the Book of Naga, meaning Naga's Holy Weapon, is the biggest gamebreaker in the game. 

However, even without that, there have actually been evidence of unique scenarios. In one situation, you have one group of NPC knights fight enemy knights that are trying to flank you. These NPC knights in fact decimate the enemy knights, and the NPC knights belong to a powerful group in the continent. This is to testify just how powerful those knights are. It's very nice to have moments when the NPC units can actually back up the claims they have. This is shown other times as well.

17 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

A Yune blessed Micaiah shouldn't be too frail any more especially considering Yune's statement of leaving the fighting to Micaiah unless she was being sarcastic. Anyway, she can revive Sephiran to full health and still have the stamina to fight Ashera. 

Well, Yune actually waited for the right moment to actually try to revive Lehran. Unlike Ashera's revival, this was more of a complete revival, but she waited for the last moment. Going by my theory on quintessence, Yune actually managed to hold onto the quintessence that bound his soul to the mortal plane right when the quintessence in his body began to leave following his death. So the moment she took it, she was able to hold his soul in place, and then using Micaiah's Sacrifice skill, she healed Lehran's body and placed the soul back, allowing Lehran to return to life fully.

8 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

This is from End: Lost in the Waves DLC

We can clearly see Anankos say "I have been searching the astral plane for realms in which things did not go awry. But none of the realms are right. None of them have MY Kingdom of Valla..." so we know Anankos has been searching the astral plane for so called realms, but what are these realms? Anankos say's he's looking for his Kingdom of Valla, meaning he's searching for whole kingdoms of the same king meaning he's not just searching randomly in locations wherever for his Valla, but he's searching different entire worlds, and as he states later possibilities. He's searching for a reality in which humans did not abandon him, and this is his perfect Valla. He later states "Ever realm is worthless. Even if I wipe out all the vermine there... As sson as I move to the next realm, it is wrong too." meaning he has destroyed the people of these worlds several times, meaning he has that kind of power. Anankos is a straight up higher-dimensional entity, here. This feat easily beats flooding on a global scale, and life restoration powers. Which btw are still some of the only feats between Ashunera and DLC Anankos. They don't even beat each other in quantity of feats. Now I admit I have to give the edge to Ashunera and Naga for consistency as even DLC Anankos manages to dye to two Omega Yatos (no wonder they call it the Fire Emblem), but this feat Anankos performs is beyond anything the others have ever done or implied to do.

See, normally your argument would hold merit. But here's the thing. World domination in Fire Emblem has ALWAYS stuck as continental wide only. Not globally wide. Gharnef wanted to rule the world once it was conquered by Medeus. But Medeus was trying to conquer only Archanea. That's what I mean. In FE, the worldview focuses less on the global events and more on continental events. 

Furthermore, look at what is said in the dialogue. He is attacking Deeprealms through the Astral Plane. That exists only in Fateslandia. He is looking for a perfect Valla, one where he has not been defied. And all those worlds end up interconnection through the Fates children, who are revealed to hail from individual post-Birthright and Conquest worlds. You know, the worlds where the Yato is incomplete and Azura is dead. The worlds that holds no method of actually fighting back against Anankos due to how they lack both the legendary weapon AND information regarding Valla, there is no effective way for them to fight back, because they wouldn't even know WHERE to look. So this is basically like worlds that Grima has without Falchion being properly Awakened. 

These worlds are also not even cases of time traveling or world time traveling like Naga does with Awakening and Future Past, but just parallel verses that are connected through the Astral Plane. Anankos is not violating taboo here so much as he is just flowing through realms via the Astral Plane, since Fateslandia seems to be very connected to other dimensions and the Astral Plane. So this doesn't actually emphasize Anankos' strength that much at all. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

See, normally your argument would hold merit. But here's the thing. World domination in Fire Emblem has ALWAYS stuck as continental wide only. Not globally wide. Gharnef wanted to rule the world once it was conquered by Medeus. But Medeus was trying to conquer only Archanea. That's what I mean. In FE, the worldview focuses less on the global events and more on continental events. 

Anankos states them as worlds in their conversation, and that means worlds not continental. To say otherwise would be to assume things that you have no way of knowing, and taking that over literal definitions doesn't make sense. You can call PIS on this if you want, but that doesn't change the statement itself and the feat that is formed from that statement.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Furthermore, look at what is said in the dialogue. He is attacking Deeprealms through the Astral Plane. That exists only in Fateslandia. He is looking for a perfect Valla, one where he has not been defied. And all those worlds end up interconnection through the Fates children, who are revealed to hail from individual post-Birthright and Conquest worlds. You know, the worlds where the Yato is incomplete and Azura is dead. The worlds that holds no method of actually fighting back against Anankos due to how they lack both the legendary weapon AND information regarding Valla, there is no effective way for them to fight back, because they wouldn't even know WHERE to look. So this is basically like worlds that Grima has without Falchion being properly Awakened. 

How does this invalidate him being able to conquer entire worlds just because the Yato, which is the only thing that could kill him wasn't found? You still have to have the power to do something itself before you can do it. Anankos attacked deeprealms, but why wouldn't he be attacking them when they're still connected to the physical worlds themselves of Fateslandia? This only supports the idea that he's attacking literal worlds bec

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

These worlds are also not even cases of time traveling or world time traveling like Naga does with Awakening and Future Past, but just parallel verses that are connected through the Astral Plane. Anankos is not violating taboo here so much as he is just flowing through realms via the Astral Plane, since Fateslandia seems to be very connected to other dimensions and the Astral Plane. So this doesn't actually emphasize Anankos' strength that much at all. 

I wasn't really using it to emphasize his strength, but I guess I misspoke when I said he was higher-dimensional because he could survive travelling to different worlds. The astral plane is so vague so it's hard to determine what it means with respect to Anankos. 

9 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Anankos states them as worlds in their conversation, and that means worlds not continental. To say otherwise would be to assume things that you have no way of knowing, and taking that over literal definitions doesn't make sense. You can call PIS on this if you want, but that doesn't change the statement itself and the feat that is formed from that statement.

Yeah, but we've had cases on worlds being mentioned several times in past games. But nothing suggests that world means global. I'm not limiting this to just Anankos either. Grima is also included in this. Lucina claims that no corner of the world is safe. But how would she know that? She said that all ships have been destroyed, so there's no way of knowing the state of other continents. There's even some doubt to point out on Ashunera's drowning of the world and claiming Tellius is the only continent left. However, given that its the ONLY game to mention other continents in such a scenario, there's more reason to believe this one, and Ashunera is a true Goddess, so she gets the pass.

But overall, ahis puts worldview on case of continent, not global. That's how its generally always been in Fire Emblem, and I have little reason to even consider Anankos' statement on worldview to mean global over continental either. 

13 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

How does this invalidate him being able to conquer entire worlds just because the Yato, which is the only thing that could kill him wasn't found? You still have to have the power to do something itself before you can do it. Anankos attacked deeprealms, but why wouldn't he be attacking them when they're still connected to the physical worlds themselves of Fateslandia? This only supports the idea that he's attacking literal worlds bec

You're missing the point here. He's attacking other Fateslandias of Birthright and Conquests, post their game's events. The other children are proof of that. And the case in their worlds is that in those particular paths, Azura and Lilith are dead. Those two are the ONLY ones that actually know full information regarding Valla and Anakos, even though Lilith never revealed her true origins. But lacking this, exactly how would those Fateslandia would have any means of even fighting Anankos? They wouldn't be able to trace him back to Valla. Anankos just needs to keep pushing his Vallites that he has all the time in the world to make and attacking over and over. 

Get it? In those Fateslandias, there are no methods to take the fight to Anankos. It's only because of the Deeprealms being connected to the Astral Plane that the kids found their way to Anankos, and even then it was only because of Shigure. 

19 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

I wasn't really using it to emphasize his strength, but I guess I misspoke when I said he was higher-dimensional because he could survive travelling to different worlds. The astral plane is so vague so it's hard to determine what it means with respect to Anankos. 

Honestly, if ANYONE should claim credit on the higher dimensional being, its Anna. 

Of course. One of the reasons I dislike Anankos being compared to others is because Fates is just a huge mess of a writing. It really just doesn't fit well. It's like they just wanted to overhype this big bad dragon god so much that they screwed the entire thing over.

24 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, but we've had cases on worlds being mentioned several times in past games. But nothing suggests that world means global. I'm not limiting this to just Anankos either. Grima is also included in this. Lucina claims that no corner of the world is safe. But how would she know that? She said that all ships have been destroyed, so there's no way of knowing the state of other continents. There's even some doubt to point out on Ashunera's drowning of the world and claiming Tellius is the only continent left. However, given that its the ONLY game to mention other continents in such a scenario, there's more reason to believe this one, and Ashunera is a true Goddess, so she gets the pass.

But overall, ahis puts worldview on case of continent, not global. That's how its generally always been in Fire Emblem, and I have little reason to even consider Anankos' statement on worldview to mean global over continental either. 

You're missing the point here. He's attacking other Fateslandias of Birthright and Conquests, post their game's events. The other children are proof of that. And the case in their worlds is that in those particular paths, Azura and Lilith are dead. Those two are the ONLY ones that actually know full information regarding Valla and Anakos, even though Lilith never revealed her true origins. But lacking this, exactly how would those Fateslandia would have any means of even fighting Anankos? They wouldn't be able to trace him back to Valla. Anankos just needs to keep pushing his Vallites that he has all the time in the world to make and attacking over and over. 

Get it? In those Fateslandias, there are no methods to take the fight to Anankos. It's only because of the Deeprealms being connected to the Astral Plane that the kids found their way to Anankos, and even then it was only because of Shigure. 

Yeah, you are right in that it all seems like a big overstatement. Ashunera flooded all the continents except Tellius, but how many were there to begin with, and she's really still just moving an object that's already there. Lucina though I imagine would have some knowledge of all the continents, but for her to directly know if there was no hope anywhere in the world then Grima would had to have done something so noticeably devastating which was never mentioned or shown. So yeah Anankos might have just been abusing his infinite access to the dead souls in Fateslandias to have "destroyed" worlds as that was his primary way of attacking the Deeprealms of the children although to be fair he hadn't conquered their whole world yet at the time so he might've done some other things to again "destroy" the world, but either way it's hard to know because the writing of Fates is just so damn awful.

39 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

. Of course. One of the reasons I dislike Anankos being compared to others is because Fates is just a huge mess of a writing. It really just doesn't fit well. It's like they just wanted to overhype this big bad dragon god so much that they screwed the entire thing over.

The writers don't really put that much thought into what power their deities and villains actually hold in the game, and that can be frustrating especially when you're trying to determine the threat level. I really don't have a problem with this though as long as the writing everywhere else is usually good, and that's why Fates just rubs me the wrong way.

10 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Yeah, you are right in that it all seems like a big overstatement. Ashunera flooded all the continents except Tellius, but how many were there to begin with, and she's really still just moving an object that's already there. Lucina though I imagine would have some knowledge of all the continents, but for her to directly know if there was no hope anywhere in the world then Grima would had to have done something so noticeably devastating which was never mentioned or shown. So yeah Anankos might have just been abusing his infinite access to the dead souls in Fateslandias to have "destroyed" worlds as that was his primary way of attacking the Deeprealms of the children although to be fair he hadn't conquered their whole world yet at the time so he might've done some other things to again "destroy" the world, but either way it's hard to know because the writing of Fates is just so damn awful.

Lucina could easily make the assumption as she isn't necessarily wrong. With Grima out and about, Grima can essentially attack the other continents and be able to effectively defeat them. Naga is the only entity in the world that can stop him. So the other continents really doesn't stand a chance. My theory is that Grima wanted humans to suffer as long as possible and try to pray to their gods, but only make them understand that now, their gods have abandoned them. Would fit into how Grima is portrayed as in Heroes, which is actually how I wrote the Grimleal to depict him as.

And for Anankos, we really have no idea how severe he is going on about exterminating the humans in those worlds, since we only have small accounts and little to no real sign of the damage he caused. We're just told it happened. 

16 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

The writers don't really put that much thought into what power their deities and villains actually hold in the game, and that can be frustrating especially when you're trying to determine the threat level. I really don't have a problem with this though as long as the writing everywhere else is usually good, and that's why Fates just rubs me the wrong way.

The worst part is that unlike other entities, there isn't anyone that acts as the medium to balance Anankos out. 

Jugdral series, Loptyr vs Naga.

Archanea series, Medeus vs Naga.

Awakening, Grima vs Naga.

Naga was the factor that countered all three of these incredibly powerful dragons. 

Magvel, the Sacred Stones vs Fomortiis.

Valentia, Duma vs Mila.

Elibe, Legendary Weapons vs Dragons/Idunn. 

Tellius series, Ashera vs Yune.

Fateslandia... Anankos. 

There was no one that truly acted as an equal balancer for Anankos. The Rainbow Sage and even his Yato didn't actually emphasize that much importance in power really. The sage dies in every path so easily, and the Yato even when completed, has been actually broken. Once in Birthright and Conquest, and in Heirs of Fate, the Revelation Path too. It's really the most unreliable Legendary Weapon in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

@omegaxis1 @Ae†her Might be worth starting a new topic about their power levels. I do think it's a interesting discussion, but it seems like it keeps derailing this topic. Not trying to minimod, so much as I, selfishly, don't want the discussion to die completely since I think it's interesting.

I've got to agree with a lot of what's been said about Archanea. Camus is undoubtedly BK-, Ike-level. I feel like the game just doesn't go to as great of lengths to play it up since Camus is at his core a solider, and not concerned with individual power. Michalis is strong, but not Camus's equal, maybe like Renning-level. Plus both their knights are, IIRC, feared throughout the entire land. If we're including recently decease, Miloah is, by all accounts, a hell of a wizard and could probably bring some powerful magic to play. Gotoh is even more powerful. Some other nations, like Talys, aren't as impressive, but overall, Archanea seems like it'd do fairly well, even excluding deity-level players. Also, I feel like of all the villains, Medeus would be one of the more likely to help in a war, though he's probably just as liable to let the humans kill each other and pick off the remaining ones.

Also, I feel like people are neglecting Elibe some. Athos in his prime was capable of taking on dragons en masse with Forblaze. Same with Brammimond. I want to say that puts them around Gotoh in terms of power, if not knowledge, and even they're afraid of Nergal. I'd be going so far as to say that he's the most powerful evil wizard in the series given that he's the only one who is capable of creating entire armies and has two top tier magicians afraid of him. He's also the only human who, granted with rather significant assistance, managed to open a gate between worlds. No one else in Elibe is stated to be more than a superb warrior, so no one able to destroy entire battalions like Ike, BK, or Camus, but between Athos, Bramimond, and Nergal, I feel like Elibe would do fairly well even if they wouldn't win.

Jugdral, I'd like to mention, has mentioned how tenacious and dangerous Travant and Thracia are given their harsh climate. I just wanted to mention him since he seems like a pretty powerful foe who's been neglected some. The obviously the holy weapons and everything else that has been discussed.

My list would probably go:

1. Tellius - Everyone there is strong to a scary degree and actually seems to understand tactics with some *coughSkrimircough* exceptions. Plus they're capable of working together when need be and are not insignificant in size. We also don't know how many people are in Hatari.
  2. Ylisse/Valm - Valm is impressive, but as people have said, no one really unites them aside from Walhart, and that's dangerous resting an entire army on one person. Ylisse and Regna Ferox are strong but not presented as absolutely devastating like Valm. If they get lucky and can bring their whole might, they might be able to beat Tellius.
  3. Jugdral - All strong individual countries, but fractured relationships. Super powerful weapons.
  4. Archanea - Some incredibly strong people and armies, but some less impressive ones that bring down total might. I think Camus could probably take Eldigan or Sigurd if he had Gradivus and they had their holy weapons, but could he take Eldigan, Sigurd, Shannan, Altenna, and Arione? Probably not.
  5. Elibe - Lots of strong if not absolutely awing soldiers and some scary strong magicians.
  6. Fateslandia - Strong kingdoms, but nothing super powerful since deity-level people are being excluded.
  7. Valentia - Rigel and Zofia seem to have good armies, but they do seem comparatively small with regards to all the others.
  8. Magvel - Good soldiers and decently strong nations, but they're like Valentia where their world actually almost seems realistic in terms of might. No one-man armies, no mages capable of destroying entire worlds, just strong soldiers and powerful weapons with some magical rocks that aren't much good aside from the Demon King. I put them below Valentia since, as someone mentioned, it seems like their strongest nation gets overthrown most easily in the course of events. This even seems like it's because they were bad about spreading themselves too thin, which seems to suggest they don't have the best tactics.
Edited by bottlegnomes

Actually, this thread is precisely why on reddit, I created a new series of threads where I talk about the power levels of individual characters, using feats, dialogue, supports, and at times gameplay to support it.

I have Camus and Marth's up. In about two days, I'll also have the next thread up, which will talk about Ike, Zelgius, and Greil. I literally cannot talk about one without the other. It was meant to be about Greil, but then I remembered that Ike and Zelgius' entire rivalry was because of Greil in the end.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/03/2018 at 11:30 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Soren- one of the two best tacticians in all of FE. There is no denying this. (Many would make him the silver medalist to a sweet bird. But the admiration I have for Soren means he's gold in my heart if not in truth, and hey silver isn't that bad.) His notable feats are the victories of 3-1 and 3-3, the latter involving a brilliant fourfold use of masses, elite Beasts, Hawks for transportation, and mercenary special ops, although this second victory didn't do that much damage actually- but it did force the Central Army to retreat a good deal. 3-4 would have been a victory, but Skrimir ruined it for Soren.

How do you know 3-4 would have been a victory if it wasn't for Skrimir? Also, since Skrimir was known to be quite rash, the fact Soren didn't leave Ranulf on Skrimir's side can be counted as a tactical failing. Also while the victories in 3-1 and 3-3 are certainly impressive, I'd argue Roy's victories in Etruria and Bern are even more impressive. Most of Etruria had defected to Bern's side and Bern had its own military might along with mankettes but Roy with the help of the far inferior loyalists, the ragtag Western Isles liberation, the Lycian Alliance Army (weakened by civil war) and the St. Elimine Church (not a military force) managed to liberate Etruria. 

Also, once named commander of the Etrurian army, he manages to win battle after battle against Bern without any hiccups and in a hasty fashion despite the fact Bern still has most of Sacae and Illia on its side and the fact that Bern's own army is a lot more powerful but hasn't been weakened by a civil war unlike Etruria and the far weaker Lycia. 

Imo without villains I'd say Archanea/Ylisse/Valentia/Valm(might as well lump them together)----> Tellius--->Jugdral---->Elibe/Magvel(idk flip a coin)--->That unnamed continent in Fates. If you want them separate for me it's Teliius--->Jugudral--->Ylisse--->Arnchanea--->Valentia/Elibe/Magvel--->Valm--->That unnamed continent in Fates.