Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Welp, mine started downloading except that it’ll apparently take 37 hours to finish.... Oh wait, scratch that off. The error happened.

Seriously, what’s the servers deal?! First it says that I have to wait till 7 for the fix and then they say that a maintenance is going on and shall be done by 8:30 and now it’s almost 10 pst and not only has it not been fixed but Nintendo hasn’t provided an update on the situation.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

It's been three hours and 39 minutes since the scheduled release and I'm still getting an error.

I don't understand how you drop the ball this hard on an update that's been planned for months.

I know. This a train wreck.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!

The download has started! Yes, finally. My impatience comes to an end.

I envy you. I've been sitting here for 5 hours and it still won't work.

It hasn’t even been a full night and stage builder is littered with racism, genitalia/fornication, and just plain trash.

I suppose it’s only a matter of time before it gets discontinued or otherwise completely cut off from online, like Miiverse and SwapNote.

2 hours ago, Dai said:

It hasn’t even been a full night and stage builder is littered with racism, genitalia/fornication, and just plain trash.

I suppose it’s only a matter of time before it gets discontinued or otherwise completely cut off from online, like Miiverse and SwapNote.

Are we really surprised at this point? It's a sad truth, but some people crave attention and taboos are a one-way ticket to infamy.

I don't have the online service, but for those who do I would just recommend making your own stages and sharing them amongst your friends, or just going in to download stages you specifically found off a website with more... filtration. 

3 hours ago, Dai said:

All we can do is report those people.

12 hours ago, Jedi said:

The full explanation.

The few people who managed to get Joker must have hit the dl button right before this other maintenance started.

Forgive me if I missed something, but wasn't the maintenance done last-minute because of the error and wasn't scheduled in the first place? I remember there was another maintenance done earlier before that which was actually scheduled. Sounds like this particular person is misinformed.

Aww. You can't post chapters featuring custom stages. I want to show off the one I made. I think it's pretty decent. Also once you post a custom stage on the social thing, how do you view it? How do I know people are playing it or how do I send it to be directly to play?

And also is there a way to send something to a different layer in the stage maker? It's pretty annoying to carefully draw out something only to realise I've been on the wrong layer and have to do it all over again.

Absolutely love their implementation of Persona.

Joker is one of the most fluid, fun characters in the game. Instant main.

Mementos defied my low expectations by being this visually odd and unique stage.

The music selection (aside from missing Life Will Change, Blooming Villain, and Yaldabaoth) is very well selected and has some awesome remixes. Especially loving Aria of Soul. The Persona soundtrack in this game easily stands in the top 3-5 soundtracks (alongside Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Castlevania).

Edited by Etheus

I'm a little disappointed that Joker lacks a move where he ambushes and "unmasks" the opponent. Either as one of his four throws or a unique throw that occurs when he grabs somebody facing away from him. Grappling Hook seems a little random since no such tool exists in Persona 5, but it doesn't seem out of character that he would fashion such a tool for infiltrations. I definitely anticipated his Wings of Rebellion recovery move, but I feel like Joker should be spinning more stylishly as he falls, like in the intro, rather than just diving straight down. Otherwise it's a very imaginative character design.

Huh, apparently Chrom's victory theme got changed to Id Purpose instead of the traditional FE theme.

Dunno why he got saddled with a different theme before, but looks like he's fixed now.

I'm extremely disappointed in the disgusting players making sexual-themed stages with the stage builder. It makes me fear that Nintendo's going to axe it the way they did Swapnote because of people sending inappropriate messages. They ruin everyone's fun this way! I'm certain kids who are able to share stages play this game too as well and they shouldn't be seeing that crap.

I hope Nintendo can simply remove those stages and ban the players from sharing them.

Edited by Anacybele

58 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm certain kids who are able to share stages play this game too as well and they shouldn't be seeing that crap.

Idk. I feel like kids are the ones who do the brunt these stages if the often vandalized textbooks at elementary and middle school are anything to go by. Kids just get a real kick out of it I guess.

But yeah, I hope Nintendo doesn’t remove this and instead ban the stages and players that shared them.

19 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Idk. I feel like kids are the ones who do the brunt these stages if the often vandalized textbooks at elementary and middle school are anything to go by. Kids just get a real kick out of it I guess.

But yeah, I hope Nintendo doesn’t remove this and instead ban the stages and players that shared them.

Then they need to be parented better. :/

For it's worth, the Chrono site I'm a member in has commented nothing on the matter so far. Outside of me.

Then again, not many have been signed on yet...

Spent the last few days playing Joker. Gotta say he is a fun character to play as. Has great air game though he does have trouble getting knockouts when Arsene isn't out. Sadly probably won't main him over Zelda or Pokémon Trainer at my single player local tournaments but I think he would be great to use in a team player match with friendly fire turned off.

Stage music for Mementos was pretty much on point too though I question their decision to have Our Beginnings over more boss battle music like Keeper of Lust, Will Power and Blooming Villian. Also noticed Life Will Change is strangely missing though I understand they could only put so many songs in the DLC pack.