Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Yeah, the topic confused me as well.

Since it's the 17th today I expected the update would have been out already. 

Bought the *Fighter's Pass* on the way home, but at home I noticed to my disappointment the update is not out yet. 

Its a common Nintendo problem. FE Heroes had it a couple of times as well.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

That was a datamine and it was real (if it wasn't some other dataminer would have debunked it), but it never needed to be related to Joker.

Yeah, I knew Jane was datamined but there were way too many people on the internet who jumped the ship and assumed Jane had to be related to Joker when it is more likely this codename is related to one of the other DLC characters.

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Life will change not getting into Smash is quite strange. I always considered it the Persona's main theme due to kicking in at the climax of every palace. It seems very good fighting music too. 

I'm more disappointed by the lack of Burn My Bread Dread, but I'm glad we got P3 and P4 music at all.

In other news, here's some more info on Joker that wasn't in the presentation. Also, I've been wondering what Persona's series symbol would be since Joker's announcement and it turned out to be the Phantom Thieves' logo.

PersonaSymbol.svg

I was expecting a more general Persona logo after Cloud didn't get a logo specific to FFVII, so I never saw it coming was surprised.

Edited by Lightchao42

28 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Life will change not getting into Smash is quite strange. I always considered it the Persona's main theme due to kicking in at the climax of every palace. It seems very good fighting music too. 

Also surprised and disappointed by this.

(But frankly, even if it did get in, I'd still be playing Rivers in the Desert non-stop).

18 hours ago, Decerd said:

Yes, it is my opinion, jerk. 

This sums up every post you've ever made, go away and try to become less of a toxic human being.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Lucky you. It hasn't even given me the patch yet.

I went ahead and made sure my whole system was up-to-date at 8.0 beforehand.

1 minute ago, Etheus said:

Mine is also up to date. I can't even manually download the patch. It just gives me an error.

It must be in the phase where the servers are being overloaded and I lucked out by being so early?

26 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Here are the balance changes for version 3.0.0. (I'm not familiar enough with competitive to know what to make of these changes... well, aside from reducing power against shields.)

I'm assuming Mii Brawler not being mentioned means that his Shot Put does the same damage versus shields as it did pre-update (not that I use it or anything, but still...). Also, yay to K.Rool and DK getting buffed, and I guess that Ike is fine as he is.

Apparently a lot of people are getting errors with this update and Nintendo says they're working on fixing it. Nice job, Joker. lol

I'll get the update after this is resolved. Don't want to risk running into the error myself.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'll get the update after this is resolved. Don't want to risk running into the error myself.

I don't think this is the kind of error that'll ruin your Switch or anything like that, but it's still probably not worth trying until we get confirmation that the issue is fixed.

4 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I don't think this is the kind of error that'll ruin your Switch or anything like that, but it's still probably not worth trying until we get confirmation that the issue is fixed.

Well yeah, I know. But like you also say, it's probably not worth trying until Nintendo says they've fixed the problem.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The full explanation.

The few people who managed to get Joker must have hit the dl button right before this other maintenance started.

What.

Then why did NoA go and post this?

You'd think they'd know about their own maintenance period.

Edited by Anacybele

This whole server maintenance thing is a pain in the ass. I've been waiting for nearly 5 hours, and I still cannot download. 

Guess every time a DLC character drops, I'll have to wait a whole day after said character's release day, because more than likely maintenance won't allow it. What a bummer.