Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Dark Samus: whatever tier Samus is in

...but higher. Dark Samus has a normal roll and her dash attack appears to have knockback better suited to follow-ups.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Ridley: Mid to high-mid tier. He's strong, decently fast, a command grab that carries you across the stage and sweetspoted down-B is deadly. But he's got a big hitbox

King K.Rool: Low tier because heavyweight. Probably one of the better low tiers though.

From what I'm seeing, the general belief has these two switched.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K Rool has huge potential because he's a heavy who has a projectile focus, something unheard of for them, not to mention solid speed. 

But anyways this has been floating around for the past few hours. 

1535582914611.png

Dno if this was posted here yet, but as always grain of salt.

Agnes/Chorus Kids/Isaac/Ken
Isabelle/Shadow/Skull Kid

As of 10 hours later nobody has been able to find the renders-- even when they've been "found" there's always notable differences.

Could be real, but considering the Springman and Decidueye thing a while back there's also precedence for someone with a lot of skill in 3D modelling and time on their hands to make something like this.

Also I love all the posts going "welp Ken's model looks awful so it's probably real"

4 hours ago, Jedi said:

K Rool has huge potential because he's a heavy who has a projectile focus, something unheard of for them, not to mention solid speed. 

1535582914611.png

This just reminds me of the infamous Rayman leak. 

Chorus Kid here really bothers me. As in, his icon looks like it was just drawn on a piece of paper with a marker. It just looks so unprofesional.

Agnes is such an incrediably odd choice that it might make this leak believable. Then again, that implies that Square is actually cooperating so i have my doubts. The rest are just easy picks. That Isabelle and Skull Kid image has been floating around before this too.

Speaking of leaks, the game's already been rated by the ESRB which means they have the game which means all it takes is just one asshole to ruin it for everyone.

Edited by Armagon

2 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Agnes/Chorus Kids/Isaac/Ken
Isabelle/Shadow/Skull Kid

As in Agnes Oblige? Why in the name of the Crystal Orthodoxy would they choose her? Tiz and Edea appear in both Bravely games as playable, I'd think they'd have chosen one of them if they had to. Still, the Job system, blend them all together for a moveset, sounds like it could be good in theory, and isn't that what Bartz tries to do in Dissidia?

And Agnes looks ugly. Issac is even worse, they botched his hair color so badly I'd think this is fake.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I wouldn’t mind if this is indeed real, though I’m biased because it includes Shadow. Isaac and Ken look a little off though.

Agnes I’d take over Geno any day. Admittedly, I’m not too familiar with either game they appear in, but I’m already satisfied with the Mario characters we have now. Plus, at least Agnes has a modicum of relevancy. She must be significantly popular in Japan, even though I’m aware Bravely Default has a decent following in the west.

What kind of "leak" is that even supposed to be? Why take such cropped images? What indicates that it's even Smash-related?

They don't even look like they're all from the same source. The style on Ken looks noticeably different from the others. Isabelle and Skull Kid are blurry while the others aren't. And what's that blue line on the right of Shadow?

1 hour ago, Florete said:

What kind of "leak" is that even supposed to be? Why take such cropped images? What indicates that it's even Smash-related?

They don't even look like they're all from the same source. The style on Ken looks noticeably different from the others. Isabelle and Skull Kid are blurry while the others aren't. And what's that blue line on the right of Shadow?

Yeah it's super inconsistent which is why I think it's super easily a fake.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

1535582914611.png

Where do you found this image from? Those cropped images looked like it could have been from the fighter menu icons.

46 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Where do you found this image from? Those cropped images looked like it could have been from the fighter menu icons.

That's the thing. If these images really are from the CSS, why not just snap a picture of the whole roster instead of making weird crop outs?

Honestly, the leaks where they claim to have datamined the demo during events is more believable.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Speaking of leaks, the game's already been rated by the ESRB which means they have the game which means all it takes is just one asshole to ruin it for everyone.

You speak the truth my friend, I'm sure most of us remember the ESRB leak of Smash Bros. 3DS. Man those were some dark days, killed a lot excitement in the community and replaced it with some pretty bitter feelings. Of course I'm sure Nintendo knows this and has most likely taken steps to make sure it doesn't happen gain. I suspect they've threatened the ESRB with legal action if anything slips out. That or they've taken their families hostage, whatever motivates them I guess.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

As far as I can tell, it hasn't. It should show up here if it had.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

The rating is already on the Smash Ultimate website. I don't know why it's not on the ESRB's website but it has already been rated.

Oh, it is. Oddly, though, while it's on the bottom of that page, it still says RP on this one, both on the game's cover and at the bottom (and this is where I checked initially).

Considering both Brawl and 4 had their entire rosters leaked months before launch, it's only realistic to expect that the same will happen again. 

I do wonder if DLC might instead have some AT promotions, like Waluigi and Shovel Knight (who, even with how much he's appeared in everything, a vocal group would probably find more preferable than the far more popular alternatives of Steve or Sans-- though I'm personally quite neutral on the matter); it would be out of left field and generate hype, which would make perfect sense for DLC.

May be a bit late, but the site has updated with the full rating and description:
esrb_us.png
Upgraded from "mild suggestive themes" in Smash 4's rating probably because Bayonetta. The ESRB site itself still hasn't updated, so we won't get to peruse the description to see if there's any specific info that could point to something.

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

May be a bit late, but the site has updated with the full rating and description:
esrb_us.png
Upgraded from "mild suggestive themes" in Smash 4's rating probably because Bayonetta. The ESRB site itself still hasn't updated, so we won't get to peruse the description to see if there's any specific info that could point to something.

I possibly think they could probably updated it due to Castlevania content was added since Sakurai did said Dracula's Castle is the darkest stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; it does contained realistic looking Haunted themes, Carmilla had the purple blood coming out of her eyes, and Dracula does had that empty wine glass before he enters the area as a boss in Dracula's Castle. Or this could be a hint that Shantae, Pyra/Mythra (w/ Rex coming in), and/or someone else that triggered the Suggestive Themes might be coming to the game. I know that Krystal still has her outfit from Star Fox Adventures in Ultimate instead of her current outfit after Adventures that might doesn't bother adding Shantae and/or Pyra/Mythra unlike the Tharja trophy was taken out in For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U which Tharja had more revealing than Krystal and Bayonetta (w/fixing it to make sure it be match it to the Rating Systems) was in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Edited by King Marth 64

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I do wonder if DLC might instead have some AT promotions, like Waluigi and Shovel Knight (who, even with how much he's appeared in everything, a vocal group would probably find more preferable than the far more popular alternatives of Steve or Sans-- though I'm personally quite neutral on the matter); it would be out of left field and generate hype, which would make perfect sense for DLC.

I'm really hoping for this, I want Lyn to get promoted like yesterday.

regarding agnes, bravely second did release in 2015, so it isn't wholly unreasonable, but I always felt that tiz was more of the frontrunner than agnes personally, after all he is voiced by bryce papenbrook, of course he is the main character,  he is the character we start with, and he was a player character in both games (which I think everyone knew at that point), I also think that it would be wrong to add only one of that quartet and not the others as alts (they all share the same moveset anyways, final smash is bravely second easily).

but I don't know for certain, I hear square enix is really bad about licenses but who knows, both bravely games were 3ds exclusive so maybe it could have been easier (cloud and FFVII are gaming icons), I also feel like bravely default (full cast or any character) was one of the more requested modern characters so I think it is a possibility (recency bias also helps).

but there is the problem of cropping, why crop it? If it's true nintendo would flag it regardless, so cropped, you lose a whole lot of credibility right off the bat and you still get hit, also, I just don't think sakurai would return to the caurus kids, just seems strange, I doubt that they were up there in requests.

as for general looks, I will say, if it is fake, they emulated the ultimate art style pretty well, but the picture quality is off in some parts and they are almost too perfectly captured but with just enough errors for it to be noticeable, almost as though they are emulating human error without there being an error, just a thought of course.

Edit: also, another thing, I would love for this to be true if only for the chance at getting kaiser oblivion's theme in smash bros.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

I found some new leak that just showed up today were Dixie Kong, Banjo Kazooie, and Geno in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, I'm pretty sure that leak image of Dixie Kong, Banjo, and Geno could be fake and there was a confirmation about those badly cropped leak images that have Agnes, Shadow, Isabelle, Issac, Skull Kid, Ken, and Chorus Kids were confirmed fake.

Edited by King Marth 64