Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Bravely Default 2: Do you think...

(a) we will get a fighter.

(b) we will get a Spirit Event. 

(c) we will get nothing...

15881748199197649688343427927228001_1588174832885.jpg

I’m leaning towards B. Purely because I think Bravely Default as a series wouldn’t be very high on Sakurai’s list of priorities, Square Enix or not.

Anyways, I’ve decided to compile a list of boss fights I’d rearrange for Classic Mode:

Edited by Perkilator

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

I’m leaning towards B. Purely because I think Bravely Default as a series wouldn’t be very high on Sakurai’s list of priorities, Square Enix or not.

Do you think Nintendo would want to promote it? They are picking the characters after all. But I get your point. 

16 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Why wouldn't they want to promote a game that is on their platform?

Either way, a Spirit Event is something I think’s more likely.

BTW, there’s a rumor that there’s no Direct in June. Rumors or not, I‘d be bummed with no Direct, but I’d understand why, given the circumstances. 

39 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Either way, a Spirit Event is something I think’s more likely.

BTW, there’s a rumor that there’s no Direct in June. Rumors or not, I‘d be bummed with no Direct, but I’d understand why, given the circumstances. 

I am a little bummed. But I do get the reason. I wonder when they're going to announce the Arms character then? 

@NinjaMonkey I just feel that having a Bravely Default 2 fighter is the perfect opportunity, but I could (and probably will) be wrong. 

Edited by Bk1234

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Why wouldn't they want to promote a game that is on their platform?

It'd probably be more down to promoting it over something else.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

It'd probably be more down to promoting it over something else.

Yeah, I feel that it would be similar to promoting DQ11S Echoes of an Elusive Age. Square Enix would get something and so would Nintendo. 

21 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Feel free to use this meme 74B3C569-2B82-461F-8026-CA2C1039E57D.thumb.jpeg.7ea80d1f14c23039776886e27a8f666f.jpeg(not mine) if/when the ARMS rep turns out to be Spring Man:

ISAAC!!!! (That's the only reason why I want Spring Man)

Edited by Bk1234

Alright, show of hands; if DLC bosses were possible as at least gifts in updates (a la the Tockles Spirit), which bosses would you’ve liked to see regardless? My picks would be:

-Queen Sectonia
-Grima
-Wingo (Captain Toad)
-Porky (returning from Brawl)
-Petey Piranha (returning from Brawl, except he actually fights like a boss in Ultimate)

Well, I still want Wily and Eggman to become playable, but as Ganondorf demonstrates they could be both bosses and playable fighters, so let's add Wily and Eggman to the boss list too. As fighters, they'd pilot a Wily Capsule and Egg Mobile, while as bosses, they'd pilot a Wily Machine and the Death Egg Robo.

Chaos from Final Fantasy would make a cool boss as well.

Edited by Lord_Brand

What do you guys think of this music selection I made for if Axel Stone from Streets of Rage got in?

-Main Theme - Streets of Rage (New Remix)
-Go Straight (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
-In the Bar (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
-Never Return Alive (Streets of Rage 2)
-Spin on the Bridge (Streets of Rage 2)
-Dreamer (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
-Under Logic (Streets of Rage 2)
-Slow Moon (Streets of Rage 2)
-Wave 131 (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
-Revenge of Mr. X (Streets of Rage 2; New Remix)
-Fighting in the Street (Streets of Rage)
-Moon Beach (Streets of Rage; New Remix)
-Violent Breathing (Streets of Rage; New Remix)
-Fuze (Streets of Rage 3; New Remix)
-Dub Slash (Streets of Rage 3; New Remix)
-The Poets I (Streets of Rage 3; New Remix)
-They’re Back (Streets of Rage 4)
-The Streets (Streets of Rage 4)
-Call the Cops (Streets of Rage 4)
-Funky HQ (Streets of Rage 4; New Remix)
-Ghost Fair (Streets of Rage 4)
-Shiva (Streets of Rage 4)
-An Exhibition (Streets of Rage 4)
-25 Years Ago (Streets of Rage 4)

I would include Stage 4 from the first game. Dreamer is probably my favorite track from the series, I would love to see a remix as well.

@Perkilator I wish you didn't make that list of Streets of Rage tracks, now I'm going to be disappointed if it never happens! Though I do think that a SOR character would be an awesome edition to Smash Brothers, I don't think we have a character from a beat 'em up in the game yet so there's a lot of untapped potential in characters like Axel and Blaze. There's also a viable cross promotion opportunity with the recent release of SOR4 so Sega and Nintendo have nothing to lose by including them.

I just had an idea: Boss Raids for the Spirit Board, where players can defeat Ultimate’s bosses on the Spirit Board and earn their Spirits if they didn’t in WoL (online not needed). Boss Raids would cycle between the Light Realm bosses and the Dark Realm bosses every now and then (sometimes for Spirit Events), but the main cycle is usually Master Hand and Crazy Hand.

Since we're posting soundtracks, I'll post one for Crash:

1. Crash Bandicoot Title Theme
  2. N. Sanity Beach
  3. Papu Papu
  4. Hog Wild
  5. Toxic Waste
  6. N. Brio
  7. Dr. Neo Cortex
  8. The Great Hall
  9. Crash 2 Title Theme
  10. Tiny Tiger
  11. Rock It
  12. N. Gin
  13. Dr. Neo Cortex (Crash 2)
  14. WARPED Title Theme
  15. Time Twister
  16. Bone Yard
  17. Orient Express
  18. Dingodile
  19. Future Frenzy
  20. N. Tropy
  21. Dr. Neo Cortex (WARPED)
  22. Slide Coliseum
  23. Turbo Track
  24. Megamix Mania
  25. Drive-Thru Danger
  26. Crunch Time
  27. Crash Nitro Kart
  28. Thunder Struck
  29. N. Sanity Island
  30. Mecha-Bandicoot
  31. Tikimon
  32. Uka Uka
  33. Rockslide Rumble
  34. The Evil Twins
Edited by Lord_Brand

I’m about to say something that might be controversial in regards to the ARMS rep:

The reason I want Min-Min more than Spring Man is because Assist Trophies (of which the latter is) aren’t promoted in the same game they’re an Assist Trophy (unlike Little Mac after being a Brawl Assist Trophy, or Dark Samus and Isabelle after being Sm4sh Assist Trophies). Why do I think it’d be a waste of time and resources (even minor ones) to promote Spring Man in the same game he’s an Assist Trophy, you ask? Let me put it like this.

You know how people say Assist Trophies are disabled on certain stages? Like Alucard on Wii Fit Studio and Knuckles on Green Hill Zone? With all due respect, it says to me that the people who compare disabling for the sake of a stage cameo (or lack thereof, in Alucard’s case) to a hypothetical promotion for Spring Man think that everything’s the same when it comes to Assist Trophy toggling. Not that I’m going to pretend I’m some game development Einstein or anything, but I don’t see how the two can be reasonably compared.

Of course, I’ll accept if Spring Man is promoted, and I won’t rag on anyone who likes it…but I won’t like it myself. Purely because Sakurai (how do I put this?) would potentially overwork himself just to promote an Assist Trophy (and an ARMS character who was one at that).

8 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I’m about to say something that might be controversial in regards to the ARMS rep:

The reason I want Min-Min more than Spring Man is because Assist Trophies (of which the latter is) aren’t promoted in the same game they’re an Assist Trophy (unlike Little Mac after being a Brawl Assist Trophy, or Dark Samus and Isabelle after being Sm4sh Assist Trophies). Why do I think it’d be a waste of time and resources (even minor ones) to promote Spring Man in the same game he’s an Assist Trophy, you ask? Let me put it like this.

You know how people say Assist Trophies are disabled on certain stages? Like Alucard on Wii Fit Studio and Knuckles on Green Hill Zone? With all due respect, it says to me that the people who compare disabling for the sake of a stage cameo (or lack thereof, in Alucard’s case) to a hypothetical promotion for Spring Man think that everything’s the same when it comes to Assist Trophy toggling. Not that I’m going to pretend I’m some game development Einstein or anything, but I don’t see how the two can be reasonably compared.

Of course, I’ll accept if Spring Man is promoted, and I won’t rag on anyone who likes it…but I won’t like it myself. Purely because Sakurai (how do I put this?) would potentially overwork himself just to promote an Assist Trophy (and an ARMS character who was one at that).

It definitely could still happen... (I hope not) Even if they were to promote an assist trophy, why waste it on Springman? 

June starts like next week. Are they really going to drop this new character on us without building up any hype as to who they are? I assumed they would have announced the actual character some time this month, but we've got nada. This is like the least pumped I am for a DLC fighter...I'll still buy it because I'm Nintendo's bitch when it comes to Smash, but the fanfare is rather low for this one.

42 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that Fighter Pass 2 is gonna be all promoted Assist Trophies, and they know it's gonna be very mixed in reception. I have zero evidence or reason to think this, I just...have a feeling.

That would save some money and development time when it comes to assests...but only if they have Alfonse replace all the existing assist trophies that are promoted!