Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

5 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Just curious; what’s everyone’s beef with Ring Fit Adventure? I genuinely love the game, and I’ve played it a lot since I got it for Christmas.

Isn't it mainly that it's just been so hard to get?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

The way he used Also in this context would imply that kind of tone. Also consider where the comma and period were placed after also and no, would generally imply some form of anger/commanding tone.

Also -- no. It just sounds like your being harshly shutdown, at least to me.

If i'm looking into it too much then I am, but I would rather it not get overly heated in the first place.

Well only Perkilator can detail what they meant, but to me it "Also, no" literally suggests "in addition to what I said before, no, this is not the case."

7 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

It's the same phenomenon as Zelda 2. Anybody that tells you it's very grindy probably isn't approaching it as an action game. And with how seemingly prevalent the exp numbers seem to be, who can blame them for having the wrong approach? If they had built Zelda 2 to make you stronger after each boss fight, rather than contextualizing it around exp points, it'd be considered a much better game, and the whole series would probably not be anything like what we've got since.

I will point out that Zelda II does give you a level up upon defeating a boss, or rather upon putting a crystal back in a palace. Which for a non blind player usually means trying to set your exp so you get a level up from the boss kill and from the palace clear (as otherwise that exp goes to waste). Though over all, yeah, I'm with you there. Zelda II isn't about grinding, it's about getting good as the kids would say.

6 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Oh....I moreso meant as a game. Being hard to find with everything going on is completely understandable.

But that's it. As far as I can tell that's the only "beef" people have with it. Being in such high demand suggests people don't have much against the game itself.

55 minutes ago, Florete said:

But that's it. As far as I can tell that's the only "beef" people have with it. Being in such high demand suggests people don't have much against the game itself.

That's weird. When the RFA Spirit Event got announced, I thought I saw someone say something along the lines of "oh, thank fuck".

15 hours ago, Perkilator said:

That's weird. When the RFA Spirit Event got announced, I thought I saw someone say something along the lines of "oh, thank fuck".

Probably because they wouldn’t want a Ring Fit Trainee taking a spot in the fighters pass. 😅

18 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Probably because they wouldn’t want a Ring Fit Trainee taking a spot in the fighters pass. 😅

Yep. That's where I'm at. I'm very much in that "thank fuck" crowd. I paid good money for that Fighter's Pass. I'd like to see more exciting character additions than an indie fitness game character (or Min Min for that matter).

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Yep. That's where I'm at. I'm very much in that "thank fuck" crowd. I paid good money for that Fighter's Pass. I'd like to see more exciting character additions than an indie fitness game character (or Min Min for that matter).

I’m sorry, indie? You don’t have to like Ring Fit Adventure, but it’s anything but indie.

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ring Fit Adventure is a 1st Party Nintendo video game not an Indie video game like Shovel Knight for example. I still think Sakurai should've maybe add a couple more 1st Party characters debut from the Nintendo Switch system since we only have Byleth and Min Min are the only Nintendo Switch debut fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 9/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, King Marth 64 said:

Ring Fit Adventure is a 1st Party Nintendo video game not an Indie video game like Shovel Knight for example. I still think Sakurai should've maybe add a couple more 1st Party characters debut from the Nintendo Switch system since we only have Byleth and Min Min are the only Nintendo Switch debut fighters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I would love to see more 1st Party characters in the fighters pass, but the Ring Fit Trainee is certainly not one of them! 😂

A new poster popped up at 7/11 JP, and it's up until Oct. 4th.

bt2hhtJ.thumb.jpg.26a8976d38ddbdc60dd2fdd0b3993d16.jpg

Whenever something like this happens, a new fighter is inbound.

Maybe we'll something like...I dunno, a double reveal for FP7 and FP8? Maybe the former will release before or on Oct. 4th and the latter will release in early 2021 or something?

I'm not saying a double reveal is definitely going to happen. Just a thought.

Wish I knew more Japanese, I've begun studying the language lately as I find the three systems fascinating. And it'd be nice to be able to translate these things whenever I see them because I think something juicy could be written right there and I just don't understand it.

I've learned about the three types of characters used in the modern Japanese writing system: Hiragana (平仮名), katakana (片仮名), and kanji (漢字). Hiragana and katakana are syllabic kana (simple), each consisting of 46 basic characters, or 71 including diacritics. With one or two exceptions, each syllable in the Japanese language corresponds to one particular character in each syllabary. The majority are consonant-vowel combinations; that's why most Japanese words end with a vowel sound. The vowels also each have their own kana as does "n" (ん or ン). G, D, Z, B, and P syllables are created by adding a dakuten or handakuten to the K, T, S, or H syllables. G, D, Z, and B all use dakuten (the two small lines) while P syllables use handakuten (the tiny circle).

The difference between hiragana and katakana lies in their writing style: hiragana is written with softer, curlier shapes, while katakana is written with harder, more angular shapes. Each has particular uses which are covered in the linked article. The difference seems to be comparable to cursive and print; hiragana is more curly and fancy like cursive, while katakana is simpler and more angular like print. From my observations, katakana seems to be the most common form as its shapes are simpler and easier to remember.

Kanji is basically a combination of syllables combined into a single symbol, often placed at the start of a phrase or sentence. Each kanji has a specific meaning and pronounciation, which changes based on context. There are over 50,000 kanji, and it is rare even for native speakers to know nearly that many. Japanese primary and secondary school students are required to learn 2,136 joyo kanji as of 2010. Examples of kanji on that poster include the characters for year ( = toshi, ト = to シ = shi), month (月 = tsuki, ツ = tsu キ = ki), and day (日 = nichi, ニ = ni チ = chi ). The big katakana in the middle spell "Mien Mien" (ミエンミエン, ミ=mi エ=e ン=n), obviously referring to Min Min. You'll also see "ミエンミエン" elsewhere on the poster, such as under her picture and in the red box under the big black box. There's some hiragana there as well, "ま=ma と=to め=me て=te お=o" or "matomete o". According to Google Translate, it means "collectively". Presumably it's talking about buying the Fighter Pass and getting 6 DLC fighters collectively.

Well, after my studies today I picked up on a few katakana and learned about dakuten and handakuten! I now can recognize I (イ), E (エ), O (オ), Se (セ), Ni (ニ), No (ノ), Ha (ハ), Mi (ミ), Ze (), Ba (), and Pa () on sight.

16 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Maybe we'll something like...I dunno, a double reveal for FP7 and FP8? Maybe the former will release before or on Oct. 4th and the latter will release in early 2021 or something?

I hope you’re right, I’m kind of desperate for a new Smash character announcement at this point. 😂

22 hours ago, Perkilator said:

I'm guessing the poster that is going to be taken down on October 4th could possibly mean that a new Challenger Pack 7 Fighter might be going to be announced around October 5th. (Since they definitely need to update the roster to match the current announced roster)

Edited by King Marth 64

9 hours ago, Perkilator said:

…I just want CP7, man…

Same. Pokémon is going to deliver trash DLC again (even though everyone’s so hyped because they shove a few legendaries in their faces), so I need something to get excited for, besides Animal Crossing and Hyrule Warriors 2. 😔

Since this presentation is just three minutes long, it seems this will just be the character trailer and the proper Sakurai Presents will be later.

The extra Sakurai bit will probably be him revealing the expected release date and mentioning if future fighters will be delayed.