Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: if Vol. 2 had 10 fighters instead of 6 (2 Echoes can come with any one of these), which ones would you pick? Only rule is that you have to include the officially revealed fighters as well. Here are mine:

• 76: Min Min
  • 76ε: Ninjara
  • 77: Sora
  • 78: Steve
  • 79: Euden
  • 80: Crash Bandicoot
  • 81: Sakura Shinguji
  • 81ε: Sakura Amamiya
  • 82: Bandana Dee
  • 83: Scorbunny
  • 84: Monster Hunter
  • 85: Crazy Dave

Honorable mentions: King Boo, Frogger, Jill Valentine

Edited by Spookilator

• 2 weeks later...

Rate my vision for an Ultimate DX (this is brand new content only):

Unique Fighters

• Crash Bandicoot
  • Bandana Dee
  • Toxtricity
  • Euden
  • Sakura Shinguji

Echo Fighters

• Black Shadow (#11ε)
  • Shadow the Hedgehog (#38)
  • Alph (#40ε)
  • Ninjara (#76ε)
  • Sakura Amamiya

New Assist Trophies

• Pokémon Ranger
  • Hanneman
  • Bald Bull
  • Cactuar
  • Futaba Sakura
  • Golem (Dragon Quest)
  • Mumbo Jumbo
  • Nakoruru
  • Creeper
  • Dr. Neo Cortex
  • Ichiro Ogami

New Stages

• N. Sanity Beach
  • Dream Palace
  • Wyndon
  • Halidom
  • Grand Imperial Theater

Returning Stages

• Rainbow Road
  • Wooly World
  • Poké Floats
  • Mute City (Melee)
  • PAC-MAZE

New Bosses

• Ho-Oh
  • Grima

New Modes

• True All-Star (has you facing characters in order of Smash debut; All-Star Smash gets axed)
  • Coin Battles
  • Boss Battles

Other Additions

• A new WoL area dedicated to the DLC fighters (also, fighters like Min Min get their initial Spirit Battle replaced by their awakening battles)
  • Toggle individual hazards
  • Create playlists for each stage

Starting roster now includes:

• Luigi
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Jigglypuff
  • Inkling
  • Ridley
  • Simon
  • King K. Rool
  • Isabelle
  • Incineroar
  • Piranha Plant
Edited by Spookilator

I was honestly very sad that people didn't like Byleth on Smash because I myself have been working on an idea for a future smash game for AFTER Ultimate and Byleth was on my list of newcomers. But when they put it on Ultimate I was a bit disappointed on the outcome.

So I was just wondering, I actually have ideas on how they can make Byleth a better fighter in future smash games (meaning after Ultimate), would anyone mind if I posted them here?

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight, I was talking to my mother about Don Bluth's animation projects, starting with Secret of Nimh and proceeding until I got to talking about Dragon's Lair and Space Ace (though I forgot about The Land Before Time and Thumbelina), when I got a crazy idea:

What if Dirk the Daring and/or Space Ace joined the Smash roster? I mean, they did technically start as video game characters, they've been on Nintendo systems, and they are a part of video game history which Smash has been keen on paying homage to. We got Dragon Quest Heroes designed by Dragon Ball artist Akira Toriyama in Smash, so why not a character or two designed by Secret of Nimh artist Don Bluth? Of the two, Dirk is the more iconic with more games under his belt, so I'll assume for the sake of this theoretical scenario that he's the option Nintendo and Don Bluth go with (though Ace's Energizing mechanic would be a neat gimmick).

Yes, Dirk would be another swordfighter, but this knight can pack a few novel tricks of his own, like magic spells and a flying mechanical horse. Dirk's stage would of course be Dragon's Lair. It would start at the drawbridge and proceed through the castle until we get to the treasure room where Daphne is held captive by Singe. Singe himself might even serve as a stage boss. Whoever defeats Singe gets a reward from Daphne.

If nothing else, Dirk and Ace would make for neat Mii Swordfighter and Gunner costumes.

Edited by Lord_Brand

On 11/26/2020 at 9:22 PM, Turkey-legger said:

Just a thought; I figured if Nintendo were gonna tease a Smash reveal at TGA, they would’ve done so when the nominees were announced.

No particular reason for this thought, it just sorta crossed my head.

If I remember correctly, Joker's reveal was an out of nowhere bombshell with no tease or build up from Nintendo. So it could still be coming, but I for one hope that it doesn't because I REALLY don't want to watch TGA again this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lightchao42 changed the title to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: Game Awards reveal tonight

I'm hoping for people to not make mean comments about the Game Awards this year. They're trying their best to put on a cool show! What have YOU done lately to put a smile on somebody's face???

Also Crash. Maybe even a zoom with somebody in a Crash suit? He certainly tends to show up in Keighley productions.