Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Nym said:

Quick question: on a scale to 1 to 10, how much did you lose your mind when you saw Pichu in HD with its new facial expressions? :P

Bringing in every previous fighter...quite ambitious. Not really impressed by most of the stuff except maybe Daisy, Ganondorf and Zelda’s “new” designs. It’s nice to see PoR Ike again and Marth finally has his English voice actor. 

As for Echo Fighters, yes, I can see Chrom as Ike’s Echo Fighter and...Eliwood as Roy’s Echo Fighter. Either Blood Falcon or Black Shadow could work as Cpt. Falcon Echo Fighters. 

I’m more interested in the new music remixes than any newcomer that isn’t Lana. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

25 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Bringing in every previous fighter...quite ambitious. Not really impressed by most of the stuff except maybe Daisy, Ganondorf and Zelda’s “new” designs. It’s nice to see PoR Ike again and Marth finally has his English voice actor. 

As for Echo Fighters, yes, I can see Chrom as Ike’s Echo Fighter and...Eliwood as Roy’s Echo Fighter. Either Blood Falcon or Black Shadow could work as Cpt. Falcon Echo Fighters. 

I’m more interested in the new music remixes than any newcomer that isn’t Lana. 

One of the screenshots on the official site shows Captain Falcon still has his Blood Falcon palette, with Blood Falcon's uniform pattern on his back too. So that's probably not happening.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

Is Roy in the E3 Demo? I’d like to know if he got the Marth voice treatment.

No but it's likely Ray Chase is voicing him.

4 hours ago, Mad-manakete said:

Pit's final smash is one that is particularly disappointing, because it looked to me like Lightning Chariot, neat reference aside, is just a glorified Dragoon.

I think the worst part about that is that Lightning Chariot could've gone to Dark Pit instead. Dark Pit's Final Smash in Smash 4 is so lame and they're keeping that for some reason.

Edited by Armagon

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I think the worst part about that is that Lightning Chariot could've gone to Dark Pit instead. Dark Pit's Final Smash in Smash 4 is so lame and they're keeping that for some reason.

The Lighting Chariot is also a lot more associated with Dark Pit in the game, with him showing up to save the day with it several times after its first introduced. Now the Great Sacred Treasure, that's a Final Smash Pit should have. Wanted it for SSB4 and now I'm wanting it for SSB6.

Edited by Jotari

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

I wonder if Snakes codecs are going to come back too, and if they'll retain or replace Palutena's Guidance 

We'd be down one contact, as Colonol Campbell's JP VA is dead.

5 hours ago, Dai said:

Is Roy in the E3 Demo? I’d like to know if he got the Marth voice treatment.

No, but considering what they did with Ike and Marth it's basically a gaurantee. 

33 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

We'd be down one contact, as Colonol Campbell's JP VA is dead.

No, but considering what they did with Ike and Marth it's basically a gaurantee. 

Well if they just reuse the calls from Brawl, then it would only mean avoiding Campbell for all the new comers since SSB4. Even if they don't want to recast him, they could use some archive footage (footage isn't the right word for sound only...archive material?) too, like direct quotes from the Metal Gear series.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

I wonder if Snakes codecs are going to come back too, and if they'll retain or replace Palutena's Guidance 

Its also possible the two will be fused. It starts with Snake and co having a codex conversation and to their shock the Kid Icarus cast starts butting in. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its also possible the two will be fused. It starts with Snake and co having a codex conversation and to their shock the Kid Icarus cast starts butting in. 

Haha. I can just imagine Palutena showing up in the Codec ala Slippy, with those really unsuitable glasses on as a "disguise".

10 hours ago, Aera said:

wait why does ike look like he has the power of god and anime on his side

He's got his PoR look back, but you can also still choose RD Ike if you want! I'm sticking with the muscular RD Ike myself. I love his arms and handsome face. <3

11 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

But now I feel guilty for implying she doesn't care :(

My bad, sorry. Melia is kinda known for having out of all the XC PCs having the most bad stuff happen to her, with nothing overly happy to look forward to at the end.

Spoiler
  1. In her first appearance, she loses the four knights who have been her only real friends and servants her whole life.
  2. She develops a crush on Shulk, only for it to be later revealed she stands absolutely no chance of winning him over. And it takes until he is in a coma to accept this.
  3. She thinks her father hates her initially, only to discover he loves her, but their time together as loving parent and child is short-lived because her father gets killed.
  4. In between the parts of 3, she is almost assassinated by her mother-in-law.
  5. Is betrayed by her trusted advisor Lorithia...
  6. ...who assists in the transformation of most of her people into their original and savage Telethia forms. The survivors being presumably mostly half-High Entia and others with diluted blood. Can't be too many, even without actual statistics.
  7. Her brother is among the victims, who is mockingly kissed by the betrayed advisor who then merges with his mutated body. The brother forces on his sister's shoulders the duty of leading their decimated people.

Whereas Shulk got Fiora back, and Dunban is old enough to be more okay with the losses of Mumbkar and Dickson, Melia is still young and gets absolutely no one resurrected. Sure Sharla lost Gadoit, but she found a new squeeze. 

And while Colonies 6 and 9 were attacked and others died in other cases, the situation of Homsmanity should still be massively better off than High Entianity. Melia's mass population loss is greater, probably both as a percentage of the old total and in raw numbers. And owing to High Entia aging much slower, they presumably have longer gestation periods and we know it'll take about four times as long, given Melia is 88, to reach sexual maturity, so it'll take much longer before a full recovery is affected.

I was exaggeratedly joking with all that, though I do like her as well- fun to use and a nice personality.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

The Lighting Chariot is also a lot more associated with Dark Pit in the game, with him showing up to save the day with it several times after its first introduced. Now the Great Sacred Treasure, that's a Final Smash Pit should have. Wanted it for SSB4 and now I'm wanting it for SSB6.

And that'd probably also be a Dragoon-knockoff. But to be fair, drop the transformations, and most Final Smashes are just aim and FIRE! The few exceptions being things like Peach's (they're going to have to Daisified this if the footage already didn't show it), Luigi's, and Ice Climbers'. Not sure what to call theirs'.

18 hours ago, Jedi said:

They'll be likely legal among others like the original Pokemon Stadium.

Wario Ware may become legal as well. I wonder if Melee Brinstar the chance of becoming legal...

But either way, this really an exciting change. It will add so much variety to tournaments!

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

He's got his PoR look back, but you can also still choose RD Ike if you want! I'm sticking with the muscular RD Ike myself. I love his arms and handsome face. <3

I meant his pose... LOL. It’s a reference to Twitter video! But I like BOTH of his looks.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

It will add so much variety to tournaments!

Yes, they can now use the same four characters on more stages.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Some Xenoblade 2 spoiler talk about the chances of a certain character appearing in Ultimate. Because everyone (including me) is expecting Rex but there is someone else who is possible

Spoiler

I think Malos might be a good choice to be Shulk's echo character. Both use Monados and both have generally the same Monado Arts. It would be very easy to make Malos fight similarly to Shulk but maybe make him hit harder and be more bulkier. And i imagine they would change his Final Smash because Malos nor Torna ever Chain Attack. Maybe they give him his Artifice.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Some Xenoblade 2 spoiler talk about the chances of a certain character appearing in Ultimate. Because everyone (including me) is expecting Rex but there is someone else who is possible

Hide contents

I think Malos might be a good choice to be Shulk's echo character. Both use Monados and both have generally the same Monado Arts. It would be very easy to make Malos fight similarly to Shulk but maybe make him hit harder and be more bulkier. And i imagine they would change his Final Smash because Malos nor Torna ever Chain Attack. Maybe they give him his Artifice.

That seems kinda random, but could also work.

I posted the Switch vs Wii U comparison yesterday but here's the Switch vs 3DS comparisons

6 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Hide contents

That seems kinda random, but could also work.

The only thing that might go against it is that it's a spoiler but considering that Sakurai put Mecha-Fiora in Shulk's Final Smash, it's clear he doesn't actually care about spoilers.

3 hours ago, Aera said:

I meant his pose... LOL. It’s a reference to Twitter video! But I like BOTH of his looks.

Oh. XD I must not have seen the video you're talking about then. I like both too, I just prefer RD Ike a little more.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Could also be his big purple sphere of matter-annihilation (Monado Eater?). Though as far as Artifices go, he's got three potential ones to call upon; Aion, Ophion, or that Siren palette swap he's got in the DLC. Though I should note that he stands no chance of joining because he's legally obligated to call everyone a "little shit", and that's not allowed in SSB.

Edited by Anomalocaris