Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

pretty sure that's an omega form of the find mii stage from sm4sh 3ds.

For a moment I thought you said the Miiverse stage. Which reminds me, how will they work that? Preset messages?

All stages are returning right? For some reason I'm looking forward to Pictochat. Any stages anyone will be happy to see again?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

pretty sure that's an omega form of the find mii stage from sm4sh 3ds.

edit: never mind, after checking, the palette seems about the same (accounting for hd conversion and extra effects) and they could have removed the walls, but I can not be certian.

I suppose it could be some early HD recreation that doesn't have the castle elements set up yet. I legit did not remember what you were talking about until I googled it. 

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

All stages are returning right? For some reason I'm looking forward to Pictochat. Any stages anyone will be happy to see again?

They've only promised that all characters are returning. But we've seen so many classic stages thus far that I wouldn't rule out the possibility. If the Gamexplain list is accurate then we're looking at a total stage list almost twice as large as Smash Wii U's 46 stage roster was at launch. And we've known about this game for a week. 

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For a moment I thought you said the Miiverse stage. Which reminds me, how will they work that? Preset messages?

Not all stages are returning.

• Pac-Maze is probably not coming back due to having a 3DS-related gimmick. It could be retooled to not use that, but it seems like third-party franchises are only getting one stage each anyway, so I don't expect Windy Hill Zone to return either since Green Hill Zone is in.
  • Pyrosphere is probably not coming back since its main attraction is now playable. Alfonzo could always fill in, of course.
  • Flat Zones 1 and 2 got rolled together into Flat Zone X, so it just makes sense to only bring back their combo form. PictoChat 1 and 2 might also get rolled together into one stage.
  • Sector Z is also unlikely, since Corneria is basically the same stage with a different background.
  • I don't think Golden Plains or Mario Bros. will come back thanks to being extremely gimmicky.
  • Hanenbow is pretty reviled, and so might not return simply due to nobody liking it. Even 75M has its fans.
  • On a similar note, vertical scrolling stages like Icicle Mountain and Rumble Falls are probably out. I feel like we'd have seen either one of them by now if they were in.
  • Miiverse probably won't come back thanks to Miiverse itself being dead. That being said, there's a simple way it could work; Splatoon 2 actually has its own native Miiverse-in-all-but-name, so I could see them doing that for Ultimate if they were so inclined.

As for stages I'm happy to see again, I've always liked Battleship Halberd thanks to the neat Combo Cannon hazard, so I'm looking forward to that. Summit as well, I loved feeding people to the fish. 

Edited by Anomalocaris

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:
  • Hanenbow is pretty reviled, and so might not return simply due to nobody liking it.

I thought it was fine, and don't see why people dislike it.

17 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I thought it was fine, and don't see why people dislike it.

but would you demand it return?

there are those who would ask for 75m back due to being an enjoyable concept.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

32 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Not all stages are returning.

Darned...

Flat Zones 1 and 2 got rolled together into Flat Zone X, so it just makes sense to only bring back their combo form. PictoChat 1 and 2 might also get rolled together into one stage.

But but but I liked Flat Zone 1 and would like it separate! Although how hard would it be for them to just consolidate the stage into one and then let you decide whether you want Flat Zone 1 or 2 or X?

Hanenbow is pretty reviled, and so might not return simply due to nobody liking it. Even 75M has its fans.

How is Hanenbow worse than "duh duh duh duuuuhhh!"? Retro Kong makes 75M terrible, Hanenbow lacked such an overpowering gimmick, and the platform layout is arguably better.

Sector Z is also unlikely, since Corneria is basically the same stage with a different background.

Speaking of my cheap consolidation idea, this would be another great stage to use it for. Just take Corneria's Great Fox and let you choose a background to set it to.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How is Hanenbow worse than "duh duh duh duuuuhhh!"? Retro Kong makes 75M terrible, Hanenbow lacked such an overpowering gimmick, and the platform layout is arguably better.

but at least you can enjoy the gimmick of 75m being a recreation of a classic game, hanenbow has nothing compelling at best, and a very aggravating gimmick and poor platform placement at worst. you are at best indifferent toward hanenbow, and at worst you detest it.

8 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but at least you can enjoy the gimmick of 75m being a recreation of a classic game, hanenbow has nothing compelling at best, and a very aggravating gimmick and poor platform placement at worst. you are at best indifferent toward hanenbow, and at worst you detest it.

And that is what exactly? The only gimmick I see is the Hanenbows making music on the platforms, and they don't interact at all with the combatants. It was rather creative too, if leaving the stage without an actual soundtrack.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that is what exactly? The only gimmick I see is the Hanenbows making music on the platforms, and they don't interact at all with the combatants. It was rather creative too, if leaving the stage without an actual soundtrack.

It is more so the platforms rotating when you hit them, making it hard to play consistently, I forgot they even made music, combined with the multiple levels it produces weird angles which make finding where to attack and considering the position of an attack far harder to figure out on the fly, it is incredibly hectic for such a passive stage.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

but would you demand it return?

I would, yes, just to be a contrarian.

25 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

It is more so the platforms rotating when you hit them, making it hard to play consistently, I forgot they even made music, combined with the multiple levels it produces weird angles which make finding where to attack and considering the position of an attack far harder to figure out on the fly, it is incredibly hectic for such a passive stage.

Well, don't hit them, then. :facepalm:

As a follow up to that Bayo post, i'm gonna be listing all the known buffs and nerfs. Once again, remember that none of this is final. I'm listing characters, even if they don't have any known buffs or nerfs as i plan to update this post as time goes on. In fact, @Lightchao42, i give you permission to edit this into the OP, that way it doesn't get buried in the coming pages of discussion and we can easily update it as time goes on

Mario

Spoiler
  • Buff Dash attack travels further and deals more damage (8% → 9%).
  • Buff Neutral attack does more damage (8% → 9%) and knockback.
  • Buff Side tilt deals more damage (7% → 8.8%).
  • Nerf Up tilt has more ending lag, preventing it from chaining into itself as easily.
  • Nerf Down tilt has more base knockback and a more horizontal launch angle, lowering its combo potential.
  • Buff Pummel is faster.
  • Nerf Pummel deals less damage (now dealing 1%).
  • Nerf Down throw has altered knockback and a more horizontal angle, making it a bit harder to perform combos.
  • Buff Down throw deals more damage (5% to 6%).
  • Nerf Super Jump Punch requires a longer travel distance before being able to sweetspot a ledge.

Luigi

Spoiler
  • Buff Luigi has a new side tilt, which appears to be faster than his previous one.

Peach

Spoiler

Lol nothing yet

Bowser

Spoiler
  • Buff Bowser seems to benefit the most from the universal implementation of the 3-frame jumpsquat, vastly improving his ground-to-air transitioning.
  • Buff Down tilt can now trip opponents.
  • Buff Pummel is faster.
  • Buff Up throw is different as Bowser now hits opponents upwards inside his shell rather than his head. It also deals more damage (6.5% → 14.5%).

Dr.Mario

Spoiler
  • Buff Dr. Mario has a new down aerial, a downward stomp, as opposed to a drill kick. Compared to the old down aerial, the stomp is faster and can meteor smash.
  • Nerf New down aerial is no longer a multi hitting move and the hitbox duration is shorter.

Rosalina & Luma

Spoiler
  • Buff Rosalina's shield now covers Luma as well
  • Buff Power Star pulls opponents in towards the multi-hitting star, making it more effective as a damage dealing attack. The Power Star itself also covers more area.

Bowser Jr.

Spoiler

Nothing

Yoshi

Spoiler
  • Buff Back aerial has a faster startup.
  • Buff The eggs from Egg Throw now bounce before they touch the ground.

Donkey Kong

Spoiler
  • Buff Up smash can now hit grounded opponents.
  • Buff Foward aerial is significantly faster.
  • Buff Donkey Kong can now use Giant Punch in midair without going into free fall.

Diddy Kong

Spoiler

Nothing

Link

Spoiler
  • Buff With the implementation of universal frame 3 jumpsquat, Link's aerial capabilities are improved compared to Super Smash Bros. 4.
  • Buff The Master Sword is longer and larger than it was in previous installments, increasing Link's reach for his sword-based attacks.
  • Buff Neutral attack's first hit can now jab lock.
  • Buff Dash attack's sweetspot deals more damage.
  • Buff When at 0% damage, the first swing of Link's forward smash will shoot out a spinning sword beam. This is in reference to numerous Zelda titles, including Breath of the Wild, in which Link's sword shoots out sword beams when he is at full health
  • Buff Link's forward aerial's first hit appears to have set knockback. This makes it possible for it to lead into the second hit at all percentages.
  • Buff Down aerial has significantly reduced landing lag, comparable to an L-canceled down aerial from Melee.
  • Nerf Due to Link's Clawshot being retired, he no longer has a grab aerial or a tether recovery.
  • Buff Using the Bow while holding an arrow causes Link to fire two arrows in one shot for slightly increased damage.
  • Buff Link can now reuse his double jump if hit during his Spin Attack.
  • Buff Link can now bomb recover by taking out a remote bomb, Z-dropping, then detonating.

Zelda

Spoiler
  • Buff Dash attack deals more damage and knockback.
  • Buff Zelda has a new pummel, she stomps on opponent's shins. It is faster compared to her previous pummel.
  • Buff Zelda can now move in the air when using Nayru's Love.
  • Buff Din's Fire no longer leaves Zelda helpless when used in midair.
  • Buff Farore's Wind starts up more quickly, and preserves much more momentum if used right after a jump.
    • Buff She can also act sooner after teleporting.

Shiek

Spoiler
  • Buff Sheik has a new pummel, a kneekick. It is faster compared to her previous pummel.
  • Buff Using Burst Grenade mid-air will no longer leave Sheik helpless afterwards.
  • Nerf Vanish no longer grants her invincibility right before executing the move.

King of Disrespect Ganondorf

Spoiler
  • Buff Universal frame 3 jumpsquat significantly improves Ganondorf's ground-to-air maneuverability.
  • Buff Neutral attack no longer has a sourspot.
  • Buff Up tilt has significantly faster startup.
  • Buff Down tilt's damage was greatly increased.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new forward smash, a downward sword slash. Compared to the previous forward smash, it has significantly improved range, and covers overhead.
  • Nerf Ganondorf's new forward smash has much more startup than his previous one.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new up smash, an overhead sword swing. Compared to the previous up smash, it has significantly improved range and duration, and covers around his body.
  • Nerf Ganondorf's new up smash has more endlag than the previous one.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new down smash, a low sword hilt thrust forward into a stab behind him. Compared to the previous down smash, it has a much lower hitbox placement allowing it to hit low crouching opponents, and lowers Ganondorf's hurtbox. It also now sends enemies at a semi-spike angle. The hitbox on the first hit that sent opponents forward and away from the second hit was removed.
  • Buff All aerials have significantly lower landing lag (17 frames → 10 (neutral), 22 frames → 14 (forward), 19 frames → ?? frames (up/back), 26 frames → 21 (down)).
  • Buff Up throw's damage was significantly increased.
  • Buff Edge attack deals 2.5% increased damage (from 8% → 10.5%)
  • Buff Warlock Punch deals more damage and is stronger.
  • Buff Opponents released by trading attacks with Dark Dive during its grab now receive 8.4% damage.
  • Nerf Opponents can now escape aerial Flame Choke via button mashing, significantly hindering Ganoncide's utility while making it completely unsafe to use as it likely leaves Ganondorf unable to recover. (Ganondorf is literally unusable now)
  • Buff Grounded Wizard's Foot deals more damage as it travels further and deals multiple hits near the end of the move. It also has significantly reduced endlag.
  • Buff Beast Ganon deals 12.4% more damage (40% → 52.4%).
  • Buff Dark Dive deals more damage. 13.8% -> 17.3%.
  •  

Young Link

Spoiler
  • Buff Neutral attack infinite is now a flurry of slashes that transition much faster, and has a finisher in the form of an ascending slash.
  • Buff Like with Link's Bombs in Super Smash Bros. 4, the explosions from Young Link's Bombs do not damage him if they hit an opponent.

Toon Link

Spoiler

Nothing

Samus

Spoiler
  • Buff Samus' roll is significantly faster.
  • Buff Down smash deals more knockback.
  • Buff Down aerial has much faster startup.
  • Nerf Pummel is slower.
  • Buff Back throw deals significantly more knockback.
  • Buff Charge Shot can now be charged mid-air. It can be cancelled by jumping or airdodging.
  • Buff Super Missile travels faster and stalls before flying forward, similar to her Turbo Missile custom move from Super Smash Bros. 4.
  • Buff Screw Attack KOs earlier and has less lag before she starts falling.
  • Buff Bomb now explodes upon enemy contact.

Zero Suit Samus

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Kirby

Spoiler
  • Buff Kirby's dash attack has reverted to its Melee iteration, where Kirby does a tackle identical to the "Burning" copy ability. It no longer goes off of ledges, and is overall stronger than his previous dash attack.
  • Buff Forward smash sends Kirby further, improving its range.
    • Nerf Forward smash has slightly higher ending lag.
  • Buff Down smash has increased range and is more like its Brawl version, as the ends of the feet send opponents at a horizontal angle.
  • Buff Kirby's neutral attack now has the ability to jab lock but with the first hit specifically.
  • Buff Kirby can now Inhale and spit out projectiles like a fully charged Charge Shot from Samus. In addition, he can now heal himself when inhaling certain projectiles.
  • Buff Stone has a faster startup and now deals 22.7%.
  • Buff Hammer KOs even earlier when fully charged.

Meta Knight

Spoiler

Nothing yet

King Dedede

Spoiler
  • Buff It appears King Dedede now has the ability to inhale and spit back Gordos from Gordo Throw.
  • Buff King Dedede has a new Final Smash. The Final Smash features King Dedede taking his "Masked Dedede" appearance from Kirby Super Star Ultrabefore trapping opponents inside of a cage as he attacks them with a barrage of missiles and his Jet Hammer. This is better than his previous Final Smash, because the opponent can't escape from it.

Fox

Spoiler
  • Nerf Down tilt has more ending lag.
  • Nerf Fox can no longer stall his reflector.
  • Nerf Fox Illusion will immediately halt when it hits a shielded opponent. It also has more startup lag, and more ending lag when used on the ground.

Falco

Spoiler
  • Buff Down aerial has reduced start-up (frame 16 → frame 10).
  • Buff Blaster shoots faster and has significantly lower ending lag on the ground.
  • Buff Reflector has significantly reduced ending lag.

Wolf

Spoiler

Wolf has been freed but details regarding his buffs and nerfs are unknown

Pikachu

Spoiler
  • Buff Pikachu has a new neutral aerial: it releases an electric surge around itself in an all fours stance with its tail pointing upward, which hits multiple times, much like Mewtwo's neutral aerial. It has better combo ability with much lower landing lag.
  • Buff Pikachu's back aerial ends much sooner with much less landing lag.
  • Buff Pikachu's down aerial can meteor smash opponents.
  • Buff Up throw deals more damage (4% -> 5.2%)
  • Buff Thunder is stronger.

Jigglypuff

Spoiler
  • Buff Up air endlag is noticeably reduced.
  • Buff Back air endlag is reduced.
  • Buff When using an uncharged Rollout, Jigglypuff will only roll once, speeding up the animation. This improves its safety.

Pichu

Spoiler
  • Buff Forward tilt can trip opponents.
  • Nerf Forward tilt has an electric effect, and causes 0.7% recoil damage to Pichu.
  • Buff Dash attack is the same, but has noticeably less endlag.
  • Buff Thunder meteor smashes targets hit high above Pichu and into the electric blast, akin to Pikachu's.
  • Buff Thunder now does 0.1% less recoil damage, bringing it down to 2.9%.
  • Buff Pichu now has a Final Smash, which is similar to Pikachu's: it has Pichu dash quickly around the stage at different angles while surrounded in a ball of electricity, then launching opponents with an electric blast at the end of the move as the ball disappears.

Mewtwo

Spoiler
  • Buff Forward tilt has an altered animation, giving it more horizontal reach and deals more knockback.
  • Buff Up smash's effect area has been enlarged.
  • Nerf Shadow Ball travels slightly slower.
  • Buff Confusion now allows Mewtwo to act before captured opponents can, allowing for combos.
  • Nerf Confusion is performed slower, making it more punishable, and also halts Mewtwo's momentum, worsening it as a recovery move.

Pokemon Trainer

Spoiler
  • Buff The Stamina mechanic has been removed, eliminating the necessity of switching out Pokémon to restore their power.
  • Buff Squirtle has a much faster running speed.
  • Buff Squirtle's up smash activates faster and reaches much higher, along with being slightly stronger.
  • Buff Squirtle's forward smash is much stronger, even when uncharged: 14% → 19.3%).
  • Buff Ivysaur's forward tilt reaches further and does far more damage.
  • Buff Ivysaur's down smash has greatly increased reach.
  • Buff Squirtle's full jab combo does slightly more damage: 9% → 9.4%.
  • Buff Squirtle's forward tilt does slightly more damage: 6% → 6.2%.
  • Buff Bullet Seed now has a finishing blow.
  • Buff Water Gun charges much faster and covers significantly more distance, able to reach the entirety of Battlefield when fully charged and having enough pushing force to KO off-stage opponents by pushing them into the blast zone.
  • Buff Withdraw is much faster and stronger: 8% → 11%
    • Nerf Withdraw now stops on impact, preventing it from racking up further damage.
  • Buff Pokémon Change can now be used in the air and is much quicker. Like in Brawl, it also offers brief invincibility upon switching out, though the quicker switch time allows it to potentially combo into another Pokémon's moves, or function somewhat as an alternative "air dodge". It also allows the user to essentially choose the recovery that suits a situation best.
    • Nerf Spamming Pokémon Change will grant no invincibility frames for a period of time.
    • Buff Charizard's mid air jumps carry it higher than before.
    • Nerf Charizard's jab combo now requires specific timing of each input to deal maximum damage.
    • Nerf Charizard's up tilt has lower vertical range.
    • Buff Charizard's forward smash is slightly stronger: 17% → 19%.
    • Buff Neutral aerial causes Charizard's tail flame to grow, making it easier to sweetspot. Its overall speed and power has also been increased (sweetspot/sourspot: 12% → 15% / 9% → 12%).
    • Buff Charizard's back aerial has greatly decreased start up.
    • Nerf Charizard's down aerial has increased ending lag.
    • Buff Flamethrower has a significantly larger hitbox. Additionally, its size does not decrease as fast, and it is still usable at its smallest.
    • Buff Flare Blitz is significantly stronger (19% → 26%) and deals even more knockback.
    • Nerf Flare Blitz causes Charizard to enter a tumble animation for a longer period of time after impact.
    • Buff Fly's distance has greatly increased, allowing Charizard to recover to the ledge of Battlefield from the stage's lowest point.
    • Nerf Now that it is once again part of the Pokémon Trainer rotation, Charizard's down special, Rock Smash, has been replaced with Pokémon Change, effectively eliminating Rock Smash from its moveset.

Lucario

Spoiler
  • Buff Double Team's counterattack activates faster.

Greninja

Spoiler
  • Nerf Water Shuriken is much smaller when fully charged.
  • Buff Substitute activates faster, allowing for an easier hit.

Captain Falcon

Spoiler
  • Buff Raptor Boost now has a slightly altered animation, and seems to gain Captain Falcon super armor, if the move connects.

Ness

Spoiler
  • Buff Ness dashes more quickly.
  • Buff Jab now connects more reliably.
  • Buff Up Air now deals more damage.
  • Buff PSI now emits from Ness's hands in his Neutral Air, similar to Zelda's magic. This increases his range.
  • Buff Back air now deals more damage.
  • Buff Down air now has reduced endlag.
  • Buff Ness back throw is stronger. (how did this get buffed?)
  • Nerf Knockback on down throw is stronger, reducing his chance of doing combo setups.
  • Nerf Ness' pummel is noticeably slower.
  • Buff Ness no longer free falls after using PK Flash in the air.
  • Buff PK Flash moves more quickly and travels much longer.
  • Nerf PK Fire starts up more slowly.
  • Buff PK Fire hitbox is larger.
  • Buff PSI Magnet is now slightly larger, with a hitbox similar to Lucas's version of the move.

Lucas

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Ice Climbers

Spoiler
  • Buff Down Smash covers more horizontal ground when together.
    • Nerf It does not hit both sides when solo.
  • Nerf The partnering Ice Climber cannot act when the leader is grabbed onto.
  • Nerf The partner is also unable to grab at all, and will taunt during the lead Ice Climber's throw. These changes were likely made to prevent throw setups perceived as unfair, such as moving Nana to setup an aerial spike after a down throw.
  • Buff Down throw does slightly more damage (6% → 6.3%).
  • Nerf Ice Shot now damages the Ice Climbers when it's reflected back by a normal attack.
  • Buff Popo can now save an offstage Nana with Belay. If done close enough to her, she will simply teleport back to him and the move will continue to be performed.

Marth

Spoiler
  • Buff Dancing Blade now transitions to the next attack much faster than before.
  • Buff Shield Breaker can now be manually angled, and he composes himself after performing the attack.
  • Buff Marth's down aerial has less landing lag.

Roy's our Boy

Spoiler
  • Buff As with Marth and Lucina's Dancing Blade, Double-Edge Dance transitions significantly faster into each hit.
  • Buff Like with most non-storeable charge moves, Roy can now turn Flare Blade to the opposite direction upon releasing the move.

We like Ike

Spoiler
  • Buff Up tilt has significantly reduced ending lag.
  • Buff Neutral aerial has reduced startup (frame 12 → frame 10).
  • Buff Forward aerial has reduced startup (frame 12 → frame 11).
  • Buff Up aerial has reduced startup (frame 14 → frame 13).
  • Buff All aerials have significantly reduced landing lag (neutral aerial 14 → 8, up aerial 15 → 9, forward aerial 18 → 14, back aerial 19 → 11 and down aerial 23 → 14).
  • Nerf Forward aerial has increased recovery and no longer autocancels in a short hop.
  • Buff Eruption now produces multiple pillars of flames at high enough levels of charge.

Robin

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Lucina

Spoiler
  • Buff Shield Breaker can be angled up or down.
  • Buff Dancing Blade is significantly faster.

Everyone's favorite Lord Corrin

Spoiler
  • Buff Corrin has a new pummel, a kneekick. It is additionally faster than his previous pummel.
  • Nerf Draconic Ascent halts at the end of the move instead of granting slight momentum, reducing its recovery potential.

Mr. Game&Watch

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Pit

Spoiler
  • Buff Dash attack's animation is different. Pit lunges some further distance and is quicker.

Palutena

Spoiler
    • Buff Reflect Barrier has much quicker start-up.
  • Buff Forward and up tilt move significantly faster with flashy new motion effects.

Pitoo Dark Pit

Spoiler

Nothing yet but given that he's an Echo of Pit, the buffs and nerfs will likely be the same

Wario

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Olimar

Spoiler

Nothing yet

R.O.B

Spoiler
  • Buff Neutral aerial has more range.

Villager

Spoiler
  • Buff Villager can now Pocket items using his net.
  • Buff Villager's neutral infinite now has a finisher, a straight jab.

Wii Fit Trainer

Spoiler
  • Buff Deep Breathing's initial speed appears to be faster.

Little Mac

Spoiler
  • Buff Straight Lunge can now be canceled by shielding.
  • Buff Like with most non-storeable charge moves, Straight Lunge can be unleashed at the opposite direction upon releasing the move.
  • Buff KO Uppercut's new animation gives the move more vertical range, and also grants recovery distance if used in midair.
  • Nerf KO Uppercut now disappears if it is not used within 15 seconds.
  • Buff Aerial Jolt Haymaker keeps more forward momentum, thus granting more distance. It also no longer renders Little Mac helpless.

Monado Boy Shulk

Spoiler
  • Buff Neutral aerial appears to have been sped up.
  • Buff Down aerial appears to have been sped up.
  • Buff Monado Arts can now also be selected by holding the Special button, holding the stick in a direction, then releasing the Special button. His Monado Arts are mapped to the following: up for Smash, upper left for Jump, lower left for Speed, upper right for Buster, and lower right for Shield.

Duck Hunt

Spoiler
  • Buff Duck Hunt's jab combo seems to be faster.
  • Buff Duck Jump can now be acted out of, as in airdodges are now possible to use after using Duck Hunt's up special.
  • Buff Up tilt appears to become active slightly faster.
  • Nerf Trick Shot appears to be slower and floatier, but does start farther forward.

Snake

Spoiler
  • Nerf Up tilt now shows a trail to visualize its once-deceptively large hitbox. Its horizontal range and knockback seems to have been reduced regardless.
  • Nerf Forward tilt is much weaker, doing around 13.6% when both hits connect.
  • Buff Neutral aerial is slightly faster and has less ending lag.
  • Buff Forward aerial is slightly faster.
  • Buff Up throw has increased followup potential.
  • Buff Remote Missile travels faster.

Sonic

Spoiler
  • Buff Neutral aerial deals more damage: 12% → 15%.
  • Nerf It is harder to land both hits with Sonic's Up aerial.
  • Buff Back aerial deals more damage: 14% → 16%.
  • Buff Forward aerial, back aerial and down aerial have much less landing lag.
  • Nerf Sonic's up throw and forward throw have less knockback.
  • Buff Down throw deals more damage: 7% → 10%.
  • Buff Homing Attack deals more damage when charged: 12% → 15%.
  • Buff Homing Attack has decreased start-up with the attack button pressed.
  • Nerf Homing Attack has more start-up.
  • Nerf Sonic cannot shield cancel his Spin Dash anymore. It also now stops upon hitting an opponent's shield.

Mega Man

Spoiler
  • Buff Up smash (Spark Shock) has more active frames.
  • Buff Leaf Shield has a faster startup, its leaves spin more quickly around Mega Man and do not vanish upon hitting opponents, and the shield can be thrown much faster.

Pac-Man

Spoiler
  • Buff Dash attack now hits four times instead of three.
  • Buff Pac-Man's grab appears to have significantly less ending lag. (so it's actually a grab this time and not a glorified taunt)
  • Buff Down throw is performed significantly faster 
  • Buff Bonus Fruit cycles significantly faster.
  • Buff Pac-Jump's trampoline now causes any opponents that aren't the user to always fall helpless, regardless of the number of uses left on the trampoline itself
  • Nerf Pac-Jump's trampoline appears to be vulnerable to attacks, using up a use on hit.

Ryu

Spoiler
  • Buff Ryu will always face his opponent in 1-on-1s, this makes it harder to make accidental inputs for his attacks.
    • Nerf This makes him easier to be hit with Disable, and harder to use his back aerial.

Cloud

Spoiler
  • Nerf Neutral aerial has a smaller hitbox.
  • Nerf Up aerial's hitbox comes out later, preventing it from hitting grounded opponents.
  • Nerf Down aerial has a smaller vertical hitbox and has more lag.
  • Buff Cloud can now grab the ledge at any point during Climhazzard's downward slash.
  • Nerf A fully charged Limit Break will lose its charge if it is not used within 15 seconds.

Bayonetta 

Spoiler
  • Nerf Held neutral aerial appears to have increased landing lag.
  • Nerf Forward aerial's knockback appears to have been altered. This means that the first hit of it can no longer combo into After Burner Kick.
  • Nerf Down aerial's knockback appears to have been lowered.
  • Nerf Bullet Climax's charge can no longer be cancelled by shielding, rolling, or air dodging.
  • Nerf If the first hit of Heel Slide is blocked by a shield, she will be unable to use the second hit.
  • Nerf Downwards After Burner Kick can no longer be autocancelled.
  • Nerf Witch Twist has increased startup; appears to be frame 6, as opposed to frame 4.
  • Nerf Witch Time no longer grants intangibility when used.
    • Nerf Its duration has been lowered.
    • Nerf It has increased ending lag and cannot be interrupted as early when whiffed.

Mii Brawler

Spoiler
  • Buff Soaring Axe Kick's animation has been altered, and appears to be performed faster.

Mii Swordfighter

Spoiler

Nothing yet

Mii Gunner

Spoiler

Nothing yet 

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I would, yes, just to be a contrarian.

Well, don't hit them, then. :facepalm:

Yes, in a game where your attacks have a wide range and it is common to miss, it is so easy to not hit the floor, or wall, or ceiling, that's like saying "don't get hit" in a bullet hell game as advice to a new player, or even smash bros for that matter, what other great wisdom do you have, don't miss the other player when you attack, don't let your opponent get the smash ball?

Anyone with even a basic knowledge of cause and effect can tell, that is not possible.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Pac-Maze is probably not coming back due to having a 3DS-related gimmick.

What was the gimmick?

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

I don't think Golden Plains or Mario Bros. will come back thanks to being extremely gimmicky.

Why would that stop them from coming back?

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

As a follow up to that Bayo post, i'm gonna be listing all the known buffs and nerfs. Once again, remember that none of this is final. I'm listing characters, even if they don't have any known buffs or nerfs as i plan to update this post as time goes on. In fact, @Lightchao42, i give you permission to edit this into the OP, that way it doesn't get buried in the coming pages of discussion and we can easily update it as time goes on

Mario

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dash attack travels further and deals more damage (8% → 9%).
  • Buff Neutral attack does more damage (8% → 9%) and knockback.
  • Buff Side tilt deals more damage (7% → 8.8%).
  • Nerf Up tilt has more ending lag, preventing it from chaining into itself as easily.
  • Nerf Down tilt has more base knockback and a more horizontal launch angle, lowering its combo potential.
  • Buff Pummel is faster.
  • Nerf Pummel deals less damage (now dealing 1%).
  • Nerf Down throw has altered knockback and a more horizontal angle, making it a bit harder to perform combos.
  • Buff Down throw deals more damage (5% to 6%).
  • Nerf Super Jump Punch requires a longer travel distance before being able to sweetspot a ledge.

Luigi

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Luigi has a new side tilt, which appears to be faster than his previous one.

Peach

Reveal hidden contents

Lol nothing yet

Bowser

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Bowser seems to benefit the most from the universal implementation of the 3-frame jumpsquat, vastly improving his ground-to-air transitioning.
  • Buff Down tilt can now trip opponents.
  • Buff Pummel is faster.
  • Buff Up throw is different as Bowser now hits opponents upwards inside his shell rather than his head. It also deals more damage (6.5% → 14.5%).

Dr.Mario

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dr. Mario has a new down aerial, a downward stomp, as opposed to a drill kick. Compared to the old down aerial, the stomp is faster and can meteor smash.
  • Nerf New down aerial is no longer a multi hitting move and the hitbox duration is shorter.

Rosalina & Luma

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Rosalina's shield now covers Luma as well
  • Buff Power Star pulls opponents in towards the multi-hitting star, making it more effective as a damage dealing attack. The Power Star itself also covers more area.

Bowser Jr.

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing

Yoshi

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Back aerial has a faster startup.
  • Buff The eggs from Egg Throw now bounce before they touch the ground.

Donkey Kong

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Up smash can now hit grounded opponents.
  • Buff Foward aerial is significantly faster.
  • Buff Donkey Kong can now use Giant Punch in midair without going into free fall.

Diddy Kong

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing

Link

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff With the implementation of universal frame 3 jumpsquat, Link's aerial capabilities are improved compared to Super Smash Bros. 4.
  • Buff The Master Sword is longer and larger than it was in previous installments, increasing Link's reach for his sword-based attacks.
  • Buff Neutral attack's first hit can now jab lock.
  • Buff Dash attack's sweetspot deals more damage.
  • Buff When at 0% damage, the first swing of Link's forward smash will shoot out a spinning sword beam. This is in reference to numerous Zelda titles, including Breath of the Wild, in which Link's sword shoots out sword beams when he is at full health
  • Buff Link's forward aerial's first hit appears to have set knockback. This makes it possible for it to lead into the second hit at all percentages.
  • Buff Down aerial has significantly reduced landing lag, comparable to an L-canceled down aerial from Melee.
  • Nerf Due to Link's Clawshot being retired, he no longer has a grab aerial or a tether recovery.
  • Buff Using the Bow while holding an arrow causes Link to fire two arrows in one shot for slightly increased damage.
  • Buff Link can now reuse his double jump if hit during his Spin Attack.
  • Buff Link can now bomb recover by taking out a remote bomb, Z-dropping, then detonating.

Zelda

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dash attack deals more damage and knockback.
  • Buff Zelda has a new pummel, she stomps on opponent's shins. It is faster compared to her previous pummel.
  • Buff Zelda can now move in the air when using Nayru's Love.
  • Buff Din's Fire no longer leaves Zelda helpless when used in midair.
  • Buff Farore's Wind starts up more quickly, and preserves much more momentum if used right after a jump.
    • Buff She can also act sooner after teleporting.

Shiek

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Sheik has a new pummel, a kneekick. It is faster compared to her previous pummel.
  • Buff Using Burst Grenade mid-air will no longer leave Sheik helpless afterwards.
  • Nerf Vanish no longer grants her invincibility right before executing the move.

King of Disrespect Ganondorf

Hide contents
  • Buff Universal frame 3 jumpsquat significantly improves Ganondorf's ground-to-air maneuverability.
  • Buff Neutral attack no longer has a sourspot.
  • Buff Up tilt has significantly faster startup.
  • Buff Down tilt's damage was greatly increased.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new forward smash, a downward sword slash. Compared to the previous forward smash, it has significantly improved range, and covers overhead.
  • Nerf Ganondorf's new forward smash has much more startup than his previous one.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new up smash, an overhead sword swing. Compared to the previous up smash, it has significantly improved range and duration, and covers around his body.
  • Nerf Ganondorf's new up smash has more endlag than the previous one.
  • Buff Ganondorf has a new down smash, a low sword hilt thrust forward into a stab behind him. Compared to the previous down smash, it has a much lower hitbox placement allowing it to hit low crouching opponents, and lowers Ganondorf's hurtbox. It also now sends enemies at a semi-spike angle. The hitbox on the first hit that sent opponents forward and away from the second hit was removed.
  • Buff All aerials have significantly lower landing lag (17 frames → 10 (neutral), 22 frames → 14 (forward), 19 frames → ?? frames (up/back), 26 frames → 21 (down)).
  • Buff Up throw's damage was significantly increased.
  • Buff Edge attack deals 2.5% increased damage (from 8% → 10.5%)
  • Buff Warlock Punch deals more damage and is stronger.
  • Buff Opponents released by trading attacks with Dark Dive during its grab now receive 8.4% damage.
  • Nerf Opponents can now escape aerial Flame Choke via button mashing, significantly hindering Ganoncide's utility while making it completely unsafe to use as it likely leaves Ganondorf unable to recover. (Ganondorf is literally unusable now)
  • Buff Grounded Wizard's Foot deals more damage as it travels further and deals multiple hits near the end of the move. It also has significantly reduced endlag.
  • Buff Beast Ganon deals 12.4% more damage (40% → 52.4%).
  • Buff Dark Dive deals more damage. 13.8% -> 17.3%.
  •  

Young Link

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Neutral attack infinite is now a flurry of slashes that transition much faster, and has a finisher in the form of an ascending slash.
  • Buff Like with Link's Bombs in Super Smash Bros. 4, the explosions from Young Link's Bombs do not damage him if they hit an opponent.

Toon Link

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing

Samus

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Samus' roll is significantly faster.
  • Buff Down smash deals more knockback.
  • Buff Down aerial has much faster startup.
  • Nerf Pummel is slower.
  • Buff Back throw deals significantly more knockback.
  • Buff Charge Shot can now be charged mid-air. It can be cancelled by jumping or airdodging.
  • Buff Super Missile travels faster and stalls before flying forward, similar to her Turbo Missile custom move from Super Smash Bros. 4.
  • Buff Screw Attack KOs earlier and has less lag before she starts falling.
  • Buff Bomb now explodes upon enemy contact.

Zero Suit Samus

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Kirby

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Kirby's dash attack has reverted to its Melee iteration, where Kirby does a tackle identical to the "Burning" copy ability. It no longer goes off of ledges, and is overall stronger than his previous dash attack.
  • Buff Forward smash sends Kirby further, improving its range.
    • Nerf Forward smash has slightly higher ending lag.
  • Buff Down smash has increased range and is more like its Brawl version, as the ends of the feet send opponents at a horizontal angle.
  • Buff Kirby's neutral attack now has the ability to jab lock but with the first hit specifically.
  • Buff Kirby can now Inhale and spit out projectiles like a fully charged Charge Shot from Samus. In addition, he can now heal himself when inhaling certain projectiles.
  • Buff Stone has a faster startup and now deals 22.7%.
  • Buff Hammer KOs even earlier when fully charged.

Meta Knight

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

King Dedede

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff It appears King Dedede now has the ability to inhale and spit back Gordos from Gordo Throw.
  • Buff King Dedede has a new Final Smash. The Final Smash features King Dedede taking his "Masked Dedede" appearance from Kirby Super Star Ultrabefore trapping opponents inside of a cage as he attacks them with a barrage of missiles and his Jet Hammer. This is better than his previous Final Smash, because the opponent can't escape from it.

Fox

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nerf Down tilt has more ending lag.
  • Nerf Fox can no longer stall his reflector.
  • Nerf Fox Illusion will immediately halt when it hits a shielded opponent. It also has more startup lag, and more ending lag when used on the ground.

Falco

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Down aerial has reduced start-up (frame 16 → frame 10).
  • Buff Blaster shoots faster and has significantly lower ending lag on the ground.
  • Buff Reflector has significantly reduced ending lag.

Wolf

Reveal hidden contents

Wolf has been freed but details regarding his buffs and nerfs are unknown

Pikachu

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Pikachu has a new neutral aerial: it releases an electric surge around itself in an all fours stance with its tail pointing upward, which hits multiple times, much like Mewtwo's neutral aerial. It has better combo ability with much lower landing lag.
  • Buff Pikachu's back aerial ends much sooner with much less landing lag.
  • Buff Pikachu's down aerial can meteor smash opponents.
  • Buff Up throw deals more damage (4% -> 5.2%)
  • Buff Thunder is stronger.

Jigglypuff

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Up air endlag is noticeably reduced.
  • Buff Back air endlag is reduced.
  • Buff When using an uncharged Rollout, Jigglypuff will only roll once, speeding up the animation. This improves its safety.

Pichu

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Forward tilt can trip opponents.
  • Nerf Forward tilt has an electric effect, and causes 0.7% recoil damage to Pichu.
  • Buff Dash attack is the same, but has noticeably less endlag.
  • Buff Thunder meteor smashes targets hit high above Pichu and into the electric blast, akin to Pikachu's.
  • Buff Thunder now does 0.1% less recoil damage, bringing it down to 2.9%.
  • Buff Pichu now has a Final Smash, which is similar to Pikachu's: it has Pichu dash quickly around the stage at different angles while surrounded in a ball of electricity, then launching opponents with an electric blast at the end of the move as the ball disappears.

Mewtwo

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Forward tilt has an altered animation, giving it more horizontal reach and deals more knockback.
  • Buff Up smash's effect area has been enlarged.
  • Nerf Shadow Ball travels slightly slower.
  • Buff Confusion now allows Mewtwo to act before captured opponents can, allowing for combos.
  • Nerf Confusion is performed slower, making it more punishable, and also halts Mewtwo's momentum, worsening it as a recovery move.

Pokemon Trainer

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff The Stamina mechanic has been removed, eliminating the necessity of switching out Pokémon to restore their power.
  • Buff Squirtle has a much faster running speed.
  • Buff Squirtle's up smash activates faster and reaches much higher, along with being slightly stronger.
  • Buff Squirtle's forward smash is much stronger, even when uncharged: 14% → 19.3%).
  • Buff Ivysaur's forward tilt reaches further and does far more damage.
  • Buff Ivysaur's down smash has greatly increased reach.
  • Buff Squirtle's full jab combo does slightly more damage: 9% → 9.4%.
  • Buff Squirtle's forward tilt does slightly more damage: 6% → 6.2%.
  • Buff Bullet Seed now has a finishing blow.
  • Buff Water Gun charges much faster and covers significantly more distance, able to reach the entirety of Battlefield when fully charged and having enough pushing force to KO off-stage opponents by pushing them into the blast zone.
  • Buff Withdraw is much faster and stronger: 8% → 11%
    • Nerf Withdraw now stops on impact, preventing it from racking up further damage.
  • Buff Pokémon Change can now be used in the air and is much quicker. Like in Brawl, it also offers brief invincibility upon switching out, though the quicker switch time allows it to potentially combo into another Pokémon's moves, or function somewhat as an alternative "air dodge". It also allows the user to essentially choose the recovery that suits a situation best.
    • Nerf Spamming Pokémon Change will grant no invincibility frames for a period of time.
    • Buff Charizard's mid air jumps carry it higher than before.
    • Nerf Charizard's jab combo now requires specific timing of each input to deal maximum damage.
    • Nerf Charizard's up tilt has lower vertical range.
    • Buff Charizard's forward smash is slightly stronger: 17% → 19%.
    • Buff Neutral aerial causes Charizard's tail flame to grow, making it easier to sweetspot. Its overall speed and power has also been increased (sweetspot/sourspot: 12% → 15% / 9% → 12%).
    • Buff Charizard's back aerial has greatly decreased start up.
    • Nerf Charizard's down aerial has increased ending lag.
    • Buff Flamethrower has a significantly larger hitbox. Additionally, its size does not decrease as fast, and it is still usable at its smallest.
    • Buff Flare Blitz is significantly stronger (19% → 26%) and deals even more knockback.
    • Nerf Flare Blitz causes Charizard to enter a tumble animation for a longer period of time after impact.
    • Buff Fly's distance has greatly increased, allowing Charizard to recover to the ledge of Battlefield from the stage's lowest point.
    • Nerf Now that it is once again part of the Pokémon Trainer rotation, Charizard's down special, Rock Smash, has been replaced with Pokémon Change, effectively eliminating Rock Smash from its moveset.

Lucario

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Double Team's counterattack activates faster.

Greninja

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nerf Water Shuriken is much smaller when fully charged.
  • Buff Substitute activates faster, allowing for an easier hit.

Captain Falcon

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Raptor Boost now has a slightly altered animation, and seems to gain Captain Falcon super armor, if the move connects.

Ness

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Ness dashes more quickly.
  • Buff Jab now connects more reliably.
  • Buff Up Air now deals more damage.
  • Buff PSI now emits from Ness's hands in his Neutral Air, similar to Zelda's magic. This increases his range.
  • Buff Back air now deals more damage.
  • Buff Down air now has reduced endlag.
  • Buff Ness back throw is stronger. (how did this get buffed?)
  • Nerf Knockback on down throw is stronger, reducing his chance of doing combo setups.
  • Nerf Ness' pummel is noticeably slower.
  • Buff Ness no longer free falls after using PK Flash in the air.
  • Buff PK Flash moves more quickly and travels much longer.
  • Nerf PK Fire starts up more slowly.
  • Buff PK Fire hitbox is larger.
  • Buff PSI Magnet is now slightly larger, with a hitbox similar to Lucas's version of the move.

Lucas

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Ice Climbers

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Down Smash covers more horizontal ground when together.
    • Nerf It does not hit both sides when solo.
  • Nerf The partnering Ice Climber cannot act when the leader is grabbed onto.
  • Nerf The partner is also unable to grab at all, and will taunt during the lead Ice Climber's throw. These changes were likely made to prevent throw setups perceived as unfair, such as moving Nana to setup an aerial spike after a down throw.
  • Buff Down throw does slightly more damage (6% → 6.3%).
  • Nerf Ice Shot now damages the Ice Climbers when it's reflected back by a normal attack.
  • Buff Popo can now save an offstage Nana with Belay. If done close enough to her, she will simply teleport back to him and the move will continue to be performed.

Marth

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dancing Blade now transitions to the next attack much faster than before.
  • Buff Shield Breaker can now be manually angled, and he composes himself after performing the attack.
  • Buff Marth's down aerial has less landing lag.

Roy's our Boy

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff As with Marth and Lucina's Dancing Blade, Double-Edge Dance transitions significantly faster into each hit.
  • Buff Like with most non-storeable charge moves, Roy can now turn Flare Blade to the opposite direction upon releasing the move.

We like Ike

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Up tilt has significantly reduced ending lag.
  • Buff Neutral aerial has reduced startup (frame 12 → frame 10).
  • Buff Forward aerial has reduced startup (frame 12 → frame 11).
  • Buff Up aerial has reduced startup (frame 14 → frame 13).
  • Buff All aerials have significantly reduced landing lag (neutral aerial 14 → 8, up aerial 15 → 9, forward aerial 18 → 14, back aerial 19 → 11 and down aerial 23 → 14).
  • Nerf Forward aerial has increased recovery and no longer autocancels in a short hop.
  • Buff Eruption now produces multiple pillars of flames at high enough levels of charge.

Robin

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Lucina

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Shield Breaker can be angled up or down.
  • Buff Dancing Blade is significantly faster.

Everyone's favorite Lord Corrin

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Corrin has a new pummel, a kneekick. It is additionally faster than his previous pummel.
  • Nerf Draconic Ascent halts at the end of the move instead of granting slight momentum, reducing its recovery potential.

Mr. Game&Watch

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Pit

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dash attack's animation is different. Pit lunges some further distance and is quicker.

Palutena

Reveal hidden contents
    • Buff Reflect Barrier has much quicker start-up.
  • Buff Forward and up tilt move significantly faster with flashy new motion effects.

Pitoo Dark Pit

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet but given that he's an Echo of Pit, the buffs and nerfs will likely be the same

Wario

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Olimar

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

R.O.B

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Neutral aerial has more range.

Villager

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Villager can now Pocket items using his net.
  • Buff Villager's neutral infinite now has a finisher, a straight jab.

Wii Fit Trainer

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Deep Breathing's initial speed appears to be faster.

Little Mac

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Straight Lunge can now be canceled by shielding.
  • Buff Like with most non-storeable charge moves, Straight Lunge can be unleashed at the opposite direction upon releasing the move.
  • Buff KO Uppercut's new animation gives the move more vertical range, and also grants recovery distance if used in midair.
  • Nerf KO Uppercut now disappears if it is not used within 15 seconds.
  • Buff Aerial Jolt Haymaker keeps more forward momentum, thus granting more distance. It also no longer renders Little Mac helpless.

Monado Boy Shulk

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Neutral aerial appears to have been sped up.
  • Buff Down aerial appears to have been sped up.
  • Buff Monado Arts can now also be selected by holding the Special button, holding the stick in a direction, then releasing the Special button. His Monado Arts are mapped to the following: up for Smash, upper left for Jump, lower left for Speed, upper right for Buster, and lower right for Shield.

Duck Hunt

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Duck Hunt's jab combo seems to be faster.
  • Buff Duck Jump can now be acted out of, as in airdodges are now possible to use after using Duck Hunt's up special.
  • Buff Up tilt appears to become active slightly faster.
  • Nerf Trick Shot appears to be slower and floatier, but does start farther forward.

Snake

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nerf Up tilt now shows a trail to visualize its once-deceptively large hitbox. Its horizontal range and knockback seems to have been reduced regardless.
  • Nerf Forward tilt is much weaker, doing around 13.6% when both hits connect.
  • Buff Neutral aerial is slightly faster and has less ending lag.
  • Buff Forward aerial is slightly faster.
  • Buff Up throw has increased followup potential.
  • Buff Remote Missile travels faster.

Sonic

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Neutral aerial deals more damage: 12% → 15%.
  • Nerf It is harder to land both hits with Sonic's Up aerial.
  • Buff Back aerial deals more damage: 14% → 16%.
  • Buff Forward aerial, back aerial and down aerial have much less landing lag.
  • Nerf Sonic's up throw and forward throw have less knockback.
  • Buff Down throw deals more damage: 7% → 10%.
  • Buff Homing Attack deals more damage when charged: 12% → 15%.
  • Buff Homing Attack has decreased start-up with the attack button pressed.
  • Nerf Homing Attack has more start-up.
  • Nerf Sonic cannot shield cancel his Spin Dash anymore. It also now stops upon hitting an opponent's shield.

Mega Man

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Up smash (Spark Shock) has more active frames.
  • Buff Leaf Shield has a faster startup, its leaves spin more quickly around Mega Man and do not vanish upon hitting opponents, and the shield can be thrown much faster.

Pac-Man

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Dash attack now hits four times instead of three.
  • Buff Pac-Man's grab appears to have significantly less ending lag. (so it's actually a grab this time and not a glorified taunt)
  • Buff Down throw is performed significantly faster 
  • Buff Bonus Fruit cycles significantly faster.
  • Buff Pac-Jump's trampoline now causes any opponents that aren't the user to always fall helpless, regardless of the number of uses left on the trampoline itself
  • Nerf Pac-Jump's trampoline appears to be vulnerable to attacks, using up a use on hit.

Ryu

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Ryu will always face his opponent in 1-on-1s, this makes it harder to make accidental inputs for his attacks.
    • Nerf This makes him easier to be hit with Disable, and harder to use his back aerial.

Cloud

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nerf Neutral aerial has a smaller hitbox.
  • Nerf Up aerial's hitbox comes out later, preventing it from hitting grounded opponents.
  • Nerf Down aerial has a smaller vertical hitbox and has more lag.
  • Buff Cloud can now grab the ledge at any point during Climhazzard's downward slash.
  • Nerf A fully charged Limit Break will lose its charge if it is not used within 15 seconds.

Bayonetta 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Nerf Held neutral aerial appears to have increased landing lag.
  • Nerf Forward aerial's knockback appears to have been altered. This means that the first hit of it can no longer combo into After Burner Kick.
  • Nerf Down aerial's knockback appears to have been lowered.
  • Nerf Bullet Climax's charge can no longer be cancelled by shielding, rolling, or air dodging.
  • Nerf If the first hit of Heel Slide is blocked by a shield, she will be unable to use the second hit.
  • Nerf Downwards After Burner Kick can no longer be autocancelled.
  • Nerf Witch Twist has increased startup; appears to be frame 6, as opposed to frame 4.
  • Nerf Witch Time no longer grants intangibility when used.
    • Nerf Its duration has been lowered.
    • Nerf It has increased ending lag and cannot be interrupted as early when whiffed.

Mii Brawler

Reveal hidden contents
  • Buff Soaring Axe Kick's animation has been altered, and appears to be performed faster.

Mii Swordfighter

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet

Mii Gunner

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing yet 

How's the trasking on dark dive? I miss the days when it could be used as an actual attack.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What was the gimmick?

Something about the Power Pellets only appearing on your own 3DS screen, to hide them from your opponents? I didn't actually play the 3DS version, but I do know that much.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Why would that stop them from coming back?

It wouldn't necessarily, it's just that of all the stages that HAVEN'T been seen thus far in the Direct or the website, it seems they're trimming out a lot of the gimmick stages that completely change how the match is played. I personally suspect they're gone, but I could always be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

How's the trasking on dark dive? I miss the days when it could be used as an actual attack.

How's the what now? What is trasking?

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Something about the Power Pellets only appearing on your own 3DS screen, to hide them from your opponents? I didn't actually play the 3DS version, but I do know that much.

Actually, the Power Pellets appear for everyone. Opponents can destroy it. It's the ghosts that are the gimmick. If you're under the effects of a Power Pellet, the ghosts will be blue. For everyone else, they remain normal.

That can be retooled easily though.

Oh yeah, I really hope Mii Swordfighter gets a lot of buffs, I remember him being near dirt bottom of the Smash 4 tier list. I used him quite a bit due to my Frederick Mii having been made into one.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

How's the what now? What is trasking?

Actually, the Power Pellets appear for everyone. Opponents can destroy it. It's the ghosts that are the gimmick. If you're under the effects of a Power Pellet, the ghosts will be blue. For everyone else, they remain normal.

That can be retooled easily though.

Gah. Tracking. As in how close to you need to be to enemies to connect with the attack. I found it basically impossible in SSB4. And Brawl seemed to be a big downgrade from Melee too.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I really hope Mii Swordfighter gets a lot of buffs, I remember him being near dirt bottom of the Smash 4 tier list. I used him quite a bit due to my Frederick Mii having been made into one.

Mii Swordfighter, along with the Brawler and Gunner, actually don't exist on the tier-list anymore. 

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Gah. Tracking. As in how close to you need to be to enemies to connect with the attack. I found it basically impossible in SSB4. And Brawl seemed to be a big downgrade from Melee too.

Oh i don't know. All we know is that Dark Dive deals more damage right now.

Just now, Armagon said:

Mii Swordfighter, along with the Brawler and Gunner, actually don't exist on the tier-list anymore. 

Huh? Last I checked, they were all there. Though that was awhile ago...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Huh? Last I checked, they were all there. Though that was awhile ago...

They used to be on the tier-list, yes, but because Miis are banned from competitive play, they are now unranked. Or rather, because custom moves are banned and the Miis are so poor without them and literally no one wants to use them competitively, the Miis went unranked. 

26 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

what other great wisdom do you have

Get good.

don't let your opponent get the smash ball?

I was unaware that anyone besides me played with items on.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh i don't know. All we know is that Dark Dive deals more damage right now.

More damage is nice, it got more damage in SSB4 after the horrible nerf in Brawl (in exchange for being a better recovery and a punch) but it won't be worth much if actually landing a hit is next to impossible, Ganon's moveset in a nutshell I suppose. Now that Ganoncide has been effectively removed it might be more viable though (but not really for the right reasons).

Surely Zelda's Phantom has been given a buff? It's hard for it to be as bad as it was in SSB4. It really needs a store charge or something.

Edited by Jotari

5 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Surely Zelda's Phantom has been given a buff? It's hard for it to be as bad as it was in SSB4. It really needs a store charge or something.

Zelda can hold the charge once it's full and move around but i don't think it's the same as storing it. 

Edited by Armagon