Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

Official Website

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is coming December 7, 2018!

• Our unique newcomers in the base game are Inkling, Ridley, Simon Belmont, King K. Rool, Isabelle, and Incineroar.
  • Our Echo Fighter newcomers are Daisy, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, and Ken.
  • Piranha Plant will be released as free DLC for early adopters, and there are five more DLC characters featured in the Fighters Pass.
  • There are 103 stages and over 900 music tracks.

Edited by Lightchao42

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So much for you saying that Smash 4 is totally getting a Switch port, right? :XD:

• I have never said it was a definite thing.
  • This probably is a Smash 4 port given how soon it is and a non-E3 announcement.

But go on, continue trying to be a smartass.

Edited by Florete

Are we sure that its Smash 5 and not a port? They didn't really clarify and there's more pointing to it NOT being a new game.

Any Smash is a huge game so I find it had to believe they would be able to craft a new one so quickly after the original.

Not clearing this up is a pretty bad move. It it really does turn out to be a port then people will get needlessly disappointed. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Are we sure that its Smash 5 and not a port? They didn't really clarify and there's more pointing to it NOT being a new game.

Any Smash is a huge game so I find it had to believe they would be able to craft a new one so quickly after the original.

Not clearing this up is a pretty bad move. It it really does turn out to be a port then people will get needlessly disappointed. 

Technically it would be Smash 6 since Sakurai/Nintendo considers Smash 3DS/Wii U to be Smash 4 and Smash 5. Port or not, the community will likely call this Smash 5.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Well technically it's Smash 6 since Sakurai counts the 3DS and Wii U versions separately, but as long as it has a significant amount of new content I doubt most people will care.

Oh wow. I was pretty convinced this would be a Smash 4 port with the Inklings being added in. I kept thinking that until I saw the breath of the wild design for Link. So here's hoping its not just a skin.

But wait, now we have character speculation and debates again... No... OH NO-

Nintendo's press announcement only had this to say:

Nintendo Switch Super Smash Bros. (working title): The Super Smash Bros. series comes to Nintendo Switch in 2018. The teaser trailer featured recognizable faces like Mario, Link and the Inklings from the Splatoon series.

As of now I don't expect any more information until E3, but I wouldn't mind being wrong again.

Edited by Lightchao42

Just now, Jedi said:

I can't wait for the endless debates on who should be added and removed to start up their toxicity again.

Bizarrely enough, I’m actually looking forward to it. I don’t why I began to enjoy it, but I did. Smash is crazy like that, Just images the shitshow when a new Fire Emblem character is revealed!

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Nothing indicates it's a new game. Link is Botw Link, but it's probably just a skin since Smash 4 Link isn't based on any one iteration.

But even as a port, this is an incredible game. 

http://www.smashbros.com/en_US/index.html

New website 

image.png

New date branding with no previous years. No Namco on the credits.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Nothing indicates it's a new game. Link is Botw Link, but it's probably just a skin since Smash 4 Link isn't based on any one iteration.

But even as a port, this is an incredible game. 

Different logo.

10 minutes ago, Florete said:
  • This probably is a Smash 4 port given how soon it is and a non-E3 announcement.

But go on, continue trying to be a smartass.

How grateful of you, but I was going to do that regardless.

Anyway, if this was a port, they surely would have added "Deluxe" or "Definitive Edition" to the title, like all the rest of the updated ports we've had so far.

22 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

So much for you saying that Smash 4 is totally getting a Switch port, right? :XD:

I would totally be ok with that.

I thought it looked odd that the Inkling were so detail on in this trailer.

I'm kinda excited that this isn't a port since I already own the Nintendo 3DS / Wii U version. Also, it's nice to see the Inklings are going to be added as next newcomers.

I hope that we'll see Spring Man and Ribbon Girl from ARMS, Alm or Celica from Fire Emblem Gaiden / Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Mike Jones from StarTropics series, new Zelda character (probably young Impa), and much more be added to the roster. And hopefully have Sakurai bring back all the cut veterans that didn't make it to Nintendo 3DS / Wii U version.

Also, I did spot Bowser in the background since he has horns in the shadow.

Edited by King Marth 64

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's Smash 5. Just look at the logos

DXzPDVSU8AEHyBm.png

DXzPDsQVMAAWDwl.jpg

The Logo seems to be inspired be Melee. Does that mean there going a more ‘ Melee ‘ route on this?