Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

* Lower landing lag across the board

* Higher hitstun across the board

* Remove ridiculous ledgesnap

* Bring back dash dancing

* Increase falling speed across the board

* Bring back momentum retention

These are pretty substantial changes but nothing fundamental. It'd just make the game more fluid and fun.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:21 PM, Jave said:

Personally I think Anna has a good shot at being in, given she represents the series as a whole and Sakurai would be able to take more liberties with her moveset (Swords, Axes, Bows or any combination within).

8 hours ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

That's a pretty good idea. They could make Anna utilize the whole weapon triangle +bows in her moveset (in case you forgot, there are merchant Annas plus Apotheosis Anna in Awakening who can use lances), maybe even use her ballista or cannon special from Warriors as her Final Smash.

I have also imagined Anna's moveset in Smash revolving around switching between using a sword, lance and axe. To elaborate, her lance would have longer range but did less percentage buildup and less knockback but her axe would hit harder with more percentage buildup and higher knockback power but the axe would have much shorter reach. And of course her sword would be in between reach and knockback power. You would use her b-down to switch weapons. Not sure about her b moves but they could probably revolve around her bow. Her specials and even her victory scene from Warriors could be used as inspiration for her final smash.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Main thing I'm asking myself right now is that since Capcom got two characters in Smash 4, do Sega and Namco have the chance as well? (Remember that Sega by extension includes Atlus as well now). There is quite a demand for Sonic to be joined by a second character, and I'm sure the SMT and Persona crowds would like to see something from their games.

Doesn't Bayonetta kind of count as a second Sega rep? I know Platinum Games are the developers but Sega was the publisher for the first game. Although if Atlus ever got a rep for Smash it would most likely be Jack Frost due to being their mascot.

I suppose if Nintendo wanted another Namco rep for Smash I guess their choices would be from Tales, Tekken or Soulcalibur. I even remember hearing Namco wanted Heihachi to be Smash 4 at one point. Though I am not sure how many people actually want another Namco rep right now.

23 hours ago, Troykv said:

Yes please! I need Micaiah in Smash!

Seeing you around the Forest totally wasn't part of why I thought of Micaiah in Smash yeah, she'd be cool right?

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

If any of them get the axe it'll probably be Roy, but I don't see that happening.

Initially read that as meaning "Roy gets to wield an axe" lol.

54 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Then we're going to run into a problem very quickly where Fire Emblem takes up a massively disproportionate chunk of the roster, and it's only going to piss more people off.

As much as I love Fire Emblem and would shed no tears over other people like Sonic, Wii Fit, Pac-Man, or even Mario himself being cut, I do think you have a point. Fire Emblem may be Nintendo's best series one of the largest Nintendo series, but Smash has been (and should continue to be) a crossover between lots of series rather than "Fire Emblem vs Mario-related characters".

Then again, I don't remember people complaining as much when Pokemon had approximately 1/6th and 1/9th of the playable casts in Melee and Brawl respectively. It probably helps that the Pokemon are extremely obviously different based on even their appearance before their moveset and gimmicks, whereas some people will look at the FE characters and say "Hey, why are there 6 people with swords from the same game?" Which takes me back to the idea of needing more diversity among the FE characters in Smash rather than a larger roster. I love playing Roy, and I personally prefer Lucina over Marth since I've never been good with tippers, so I would be sad to see them go. But if it means getting some other, more diverse characters (preferably also FE, but not FE is cool too), then I will gladly see them (or other FE charas) off back to the Outrealms or ask their Brave versions to visit me in Askr.

Edited by alatartheblue42

17 minutes ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Seeing you around the Forest totally wasn't part of why I thought of Micaiah in Smash yeah, she'd be cool right?

As much as I love Fire Emblem and would shed no tears over other people like Sonic, Wii Fit, Pac-Man, or even Mario himself being cut, I do think you have a point. Fire Emblem may be Nintendo's best series one of the largest Nintendo series, but Smash has been (and should continue to be) a crossover between lots of series rather than "Fire Emblem vs Mario-related characters".

Then again, I don't remember people complaining as much when Pokemon had approximately 1/6th and 1/9th of the playable casts in Melee and Brawl respectively. It probably helps that the Pokemon are extremely obviously different based on even their appearance before their moveset and gimmicks, whereas some people will look at the FE characters and say "Hey, why are there 6 people with swords from the same game?" Which takes me back to the idea of needing more diversity among the FE characters in Smash rather than a larger roster. I love playing Roy, and I personally prefer Lucina over Marth since I've never been good with tippers, so I would be sad to see them go. But if it means getting some other, more diverse characters (preferably also FE, but not FE is cool too), then I will gladly see them (or other FE charas) off back to the Outrealms or ask their Brave versions to visit me in Askr.

The difference with Pokemon is that it sells about 30x what Fire Emblem sells. If they take up a large chunk of Smash's roster, it's because it's Nintendo's biggest franchise. 

Fire Emblem, as much as we love it, might ONLY be in Nintendo's top 5 because of Heroes. 

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

They need to remove FE characters. As much as people love their mains and whatnot, Fire Emblem is going to cannibalize Smash if they never remove characters and just keep adding FE characters every new Smash.

At the very least, rework some FE characters like Robin into like, Golden Sun characters(Golden Sun desperately needs some love. Camelot can't subsist on making Mario Sports games forever) or something. Instead of it being Robin calling upon spells, it can be Isaac calling upon Djinn or something. Consolidate Lucina and Roy into Marth costumes. Obliterate Corrin. Keep Marth and Ike and add new lords to promote new games.

There's not really any other way for me to put this: your ideas here are bad and incredibly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

I don't see Robin & Corrin going anywhere, their movesets are too unique and Sakurai is too much of a stickiler of people being fans of characters, I don't see Lucina going into pallete mode, if anything she'll probably be made more diverse. 

Roy was made more diverse, I don't see them making him a costume either, considering he and Marths styles are polar opposites to the point of their sweetspots being polar opposite, I don't think that'd work. 

If any of them get the axe it'll probably be Roy, but I don't see that happening.

And this is why.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Then we're going to run into a problem very quickly where Fire Emblem takes up a massively disproportionate chunk of the roster, and it's only going to piss more people off.

You thought the bitching about 5 FE characters in Sm4sh's roster was bad? Well now we have Roy thanks to DLC, and probably even more with, almost certainly, a new Fire Emblem character coming in to represent FE Switch, bringing the total to 7. If this game has less than 70 playable characters, Fire Emblem's going to take up at least 1/10th of the whole thing. Then who knows what'll come with DLC for this game, and come the NEXT Smash, expect Fire Emblem to be upwards of 10 characters in the roster, taking up an even more sizable fraction of the playable cast.

Best case scenario is to rework some existing FE characters into non-FE characters, like Robin and Isaac(It's a bit of a stretch, but it could work).

Also, Sakurai's reworked characters into other characters before. Mewtwo is WAY more popular than Lucina, but he got the boot in Brawl in favor of Lucario, who basically was a reworked concept of Mewtwo. Mewtwo eventually came back, but he was booted for two whole games until coming back as DLC.

As for just cuts, Ice Climbers also got the boot. Wolf, who was more different from Fox than Lucina is from Marth, also was cut from Smash U.

If characters are up for the chopping block, I guarantee Fire Emblem's the first to get some cuts.

Why is this a problem? The amount of people who complain about these things is incredibly small compared to the amount of people who play the games. And so what if some people get mad? The people who care enough to get mad are going to buy the game and love it anyway. 10 FE characters? Bring it on, I say.

Mewtwo and Lucario are very different, only sharing their neutral B. Mewtwo was not "reworked" into Lucario, Lucario made it in and Mewtwo didn't, simple as that. As I recall, Mewtwo was planned, but was low priority due to being an unpopular pick in Melee.

Ice Climbers got the boot because they didn't work on 3DS. Wolf we don't know.

Fire Emblem could get some cuts, but no one is being demoted to costume or "reworked" into another character. And I don't see more than two of the current FE roster getting the axe. Besides, they use swords, they can beat the axe.

20 minutes ago, alatartheblue42 said:

Yes!!! I like being recognized

I'm a believer that a character must be represent something to their franchise and have a fairly unique gameplay style to being a good election for a game.

I think Roy and Lucina will just get around because they already have the assets, but the next time they create a FE character, they will more careful about their potential.

11 minutes ago, Slumber said:

The difference with Pokemon is that it sells about 30x what Fire Emblem sells. If they take up a large chunk of Smash's roster, it's because it's Nintendo's biggest franchise. 

Fire Emblem, as much as we love it, might ONLY be in Nintendo's top 5 because of Heroes. 

Now, see, I don't actually have a problem with Pokemon having a large cast. All of the Pokemon (except Pikachu/Pichu) are clearly different and I am content with playing them when I get the urge or am on Random. And while Fire Emblem might not be the best-selling franchise from Nintendo, it is still undeniably one of the larger franchises. It's had 15 main games (alright, 12 if we drop the remakes), all of which contain a new and large cast in addition to being pretty different outside of basic gameplay, plus a fairly popular mobile game.

In terms of profit, is it the biggest? Not really. In terms of size of cast and lore, though, it is easily one of if not the biggest franchise. And Fire Emblem's popularity has also spiked massively in the past years compared to back in the dark ages time before Awakening. I don't really think that FE having 1/10th or so of the playable cast (assuming 70) is that ridiculous, especially considering that most of those FE characters will likely just be reused rather than new characters. The people who might complain will (or at least ought to) complain less if they realize that since a lot of their stuff will have already been created, it will mean the roster can be larger without the need for the developers to spend additional time designing new replacement characters.

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I actually think it's Lucina that has the biggest chance of getting cut. Roy was brought back through DLC due to popular demand and was reworked a bit. It'd leave a bad taste in people's mouths if they had to buy a character just to have them be cut in the next game and that reason is probably why every DLC character is likely safe, except for Cloud because Square Enix.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

Why is this a problem? The amount of people who complain about these things is incredibly small compared to the amount of people who play the games. And so what if some people get mad? The people who care enough to get mad are going to buy the game and love it anyway. 10 FE characters? Bring it on, I say.

Adding to this, the reason why you have the "FE has too many reps" people is actually not because there are 6 FE characters but because other franchises like DK and Metroid have less. If DK has as many reps in Smash 4 as FE, i doubt people would complain as much. And the people who do complain are probably the people who still think that characters can "steal slots".

Edited by Armagon

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I actually think it's Lucina that has the biggest chance of getting cut. Roy was brought back through DLC due to popular demand and was reworked a bit. It'd leave a bad taste in people's mouths if they had to buy a character just to have them be cut in the next game and that reason is probably why every DLC character is likely safe, except for Cloud because Square Enix.

Adding to this, the reason why you have the "FE has too many reps" people is actually not because there are 6 FE characters but because other franchises like DK and Metroid have less. If DK has as many reps in Smash 4 as FE, i doubt people would complain as much. And the people who do complain are probably the people who still think that characters can "steal slots".

I'm not sure this logic entirely holds. Would the purchase not be deemed more worth it if the character is exclusive to one game? When you buy the DLC, your not buying the rights to play the character forever, just like you're not buying the rights to play Wolf forever when you buy Brawl. What's really going to determine if the DLC characters get in is how many people actually bought them. If only a few thousand people downloaded Roy but a couple of hundred thousand bought Cloud, then I'd wager Cloud as a much higher chance of coming back as he's demonstratably more popular.

I don't mind a lot of fe chars in Smash and actually haven't met a lot of people who do. I don't think any of them will be cut, and if they do, either Roy or Lucina. As for new characters, I predict any of Tiki, Anna or Celica Or Reinhardt for the memes 

But I would also love a SMT character in Smash. Jack Frost seems the most likely candidate.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm not sure this logic entirely holds. Would the purchase not be deemed more worth it if the character is exclusive to one game? When you buy the DLC, your not buying the rights to play the character forever, just like you're not buying the rights to play Wolf forever when you buy Brawl. What's really going to determine if the DLC characters get in is how many people actually bought them. If only a few thousand people downloaded Roy but a couple of hundred thousand bought Cloud, then I'd wager Cloud as a much higher chance of coming back as he's demonstratably more popular.

The difference between Wolf and Roy in this case is that you had to pay extra for the latter. The former came in the base package. As for your second point, it probably would hold true that the DLC characters that got the most downloads would be prioritized but i don't think it applies to Cloud in this case because Square Enix.

I'm kind of reminded of an old thread about smash roster called something like "should smash be a celebration of Nintendo History or gaming generally?"

I think most people want to see Smash 5 have all old 3rd party charathers AND several more (usually those important to Nintendo  System history, such as Banjo Kazooie or Simon Belmont, although some peple go for charathers whose games have recently gotten Switch ports such as Doomguy and Crash Bandicoot) 

One of the thing that bothers me about most suggested charather lists, is that Nintendo's franchises really don't have many surprise games or series that are unreprestened really. Let's not start the assist tropy promting to playable excitement again

I feel like adding additional representives for the series already in Smash may be a better way to go than to include new and obscure stuff in some ways, but I think it's silly if it goes too far or unleashes too obscure/minor charathers (people from very early games that didn't reapper in sequels, people from spin offs, etc) 

I think that today, with Nintendo now forwarding a console that can carry ports of most major "cross platform" games, Smash can better justify trying to be a celebration of gaming generally, as Nintendo.has shown that it negotiates with more companies on a regular basis than it has been doing, and because I feel like celebrating Nintendo franchises should be for charathers that are for everyone, rather than obscure trivia charathers (except within their own subset of the Nintendo fanbase, etc). Smash could continue to be a Nintendo celebration first and foremost, but if it does so, I hope that greater effort to avoid this kind of problem is taken than in the last few smash games.

Also before I forget, I hate people putting the Murasame Castle charather on their predicted rosters to be "realistic expectation" just due to Sakurai's personal preference in a tweet. While it's true Sakurai's personal prefeence has shown its imppact on the series,  I trust him to be able to hold back from such an absurd judgement call. The game in question  had no long-lasting legacy (meaning in Japan), and as a zelda 1 clone it has serious problems (being shorter than zelda 1, the way enemies constantly spawn on most screens, etc) despite having later-era NES graphics (although not improved to the extent of Mario 3 or Kirby's Dream Land). It also feels wrong to put a one-off NES charather like this on the roster after Little Mac(despite sequels) and Duck Hunt now represent some of the NES's actual culturally important games. R.O.B. and Ice Climbers shouldn't continue to set a bad precedent although the former at least has higher visibility due to being a peripheal and appearing more aggresively in commercials. 

2 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I don't mind a lot of fe chars in Smash and actually haven't met a lot of people who do. I don't think any of them will be cut, and if they do, either Roy or Lucina. As for new characters, I predict any of Tiki, Anna or Celica Or Reinhardt for the memes 

But I would also love a SMT character in Smash. Jack Frost seems the most likely candidate.

And Black Mage/Warrior of Light was for Final Fantasy. Only for surprise Cloud.

You'll get Yu instead.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually think it's Lucina that has the biggest chance of getting cut.

Even if Lucina gets "cut", she'd likely hang around as an alt costume.

2 minutes ago, Reality said:

I hate people putting the Murasame Castle charather on their predicted rosters to be "realistic expectation" just due to Sakurai's personal preference in a tweet. While it's true Sakurai's personal prefeence has shown its imppact on the series,  I trust him to be able to hold back from such an absurd judgement call. The game in question  had no long-lasting legacy (meaning in Japan), and as a zelda 1 clone it has serious problems (being shorter than zelda 1, the way enemies constantly spawn on most screens, etc) despite having later-era NES graphics (although not improved to the extent of Mario 3 or Kirby's Dream Land). It also feels wrong to put a one-off NES charather like this on the roster after Little Mac(despite sequels) and Duck Hunt now represent some of the NES's actual culturally important games. R.O.B. and Ice Climbers shouldn't continue to set a bad precedent although the former at least has higher visibility due to being a peripheal and appearing more aggresively in commercials. 

We know for a fact that characters who were considered in the past (Bowser, DeDeDe, and Marth for 64, Sonic and Snake for Melee, Villager and Mii Fighters for Brawl) have been returned to later. I believe it was actually a famitsu column were Sakurai mentioned Takamaru and stated that the only reason he didn't make it in as a playable character was due to his game not being localized. ...And then it received a localized release on the E-shop in mid 2014.

I'm not saying he's a guarantee, but I'm definitely not ruling him out either. 

9 hours ago, Slumber said:

Also, Sakurai's reworked characters into other characters before. Mewtwo is WAY more popular than Lucina, but he got the boot in Brawl in favor of Lucario, who basically was a reworked concept of Mewtwo. Mewtwo eventually came back, but he was booted for two whole games until coming back as DLC.

Umm... Lucario isn't Mewtwo at all. Aside from being a humanoid Pokemon with a chargeable neutral special (in that case, why not slap Greninja into this comparison?).

Mewtwo also has an announcer call-out in Brawl's files (same as Roy), which more or less tells you that he was still part of the roster at a reasonably late stage in development.

You might have had a point if you hadn't made a statement as blatantly incorrect as this.

1 hour ago, The DanMan said:

And Black Mage/Warrior of Light was for Final Fantasy. Only for surprise Cloud.

You'll get Yu instead.

Yo I wouldn't mind that sexy bastard at all actually.

You can’t really compare Fire Emblem to something like Donkey Kong. At most I’d say DK has at most 3/4 mainstays in its series, being DK, Diddy, and Cranky/Dixie, and honestly the most realistic one they’d add is Cranky. Dixie is too similar to Diddy and would be a clone. King K. Rool had his third strike in SSB4 and he’s out; in other words, he’s simply an irrelevant character at this point and had his chances used up. God forbid we add any other Kong. That’s an issue with other games too like Metroid and especially Legend of Zelda. LoZ always has Link and almost always Zelda and Gannondorf, but then you have peripheral characters that might appear in a game or two and then go awol afterwards. That’s why I’m apprehensive to adding someone like Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, Tetra, Girahim, Tingle, Linkle etc. Imo it’s pretty jarring that Sheik is still in Smash despite being relevant in one game (no, Hyrule Warriors and remasters don’t count), but she’ll always get a pass for being an original fighter and being one of the more popular ones at that. 

Fire Emblem differs because unlike many of the other series like Kirby, Metroid, and even Zelda to a degree, FE always has a new main character who remains relevant to the series (which is true to most of the RPG category). Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and Corrin will all remain significant due to their status, whether or not they’re liked. I don’t see how FE getting 6 reps at this point in unreasonable, although I would like to see Lucina and maybe Roy be demoted to a alternate skin. Had this happened in Brawl where FE was still a niche, then it wouldn’t make sense. Given how FE has peaked in the past couple years however, I think it’s entirely fair. 

Pokémon is kinda sorta in the same vein too, and honestly it’s the one I actually have a problem with, though it’s not the fact that it has 6 reps itself. Rather, I’m annoyed that there’s only 2 Pokémon that aren’t Gen 1. It would have been nice for every Gen to be shown. I guess it has more to do with sheer popularity rather than equality, though that still could’ve been achieved both ways. Charizard and Mewtwo aren’t going anywhere because they’re some of the most popular ones, but Jigglypuff should have been gone ages ago. Honestly, it’s moveset is boring and outdated (I wonder why it’s been so poor since Brawl hmmmmmm) and it’s spot could go to someone more deserving like someone from Hoenn or Unova (I omitted Kalos as I think it’s next to guaranteed there’ll be one from it). Jigglypuff isn’t, and wasn’t, popular to begin with, which makes its inclusion all the more puzzling. I guess “original” movesets really do make the difference. Pardon my rant. 

18 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You can’t really compare Fire Emblem to something like Donkey Kong. At most I’d say DK has at most 3/4 mainstays in its series, being DK, Diddy, and Cranky/Dixie, and honestly the most realistic one they’d add is Cranky. Dixie is too similar to Diddy and would be a clone. King K. Rool had his third strike in SSB4 and he’s out; in other words, he’s simply an irrelevant character at this point and had his chances used up. God forbid we add any other Kong. That’s an issue with other games too like Metroid and especially Legend of Zelda. LoZ always has Link and almost always Zelda and Gannondorf, but then you have peripheral characters that might appear in a game or two and then go awol afterwards. That’s why I’m apprehensive to adding someone like Impa, Skull Kid, Midna, Tetra, Girahim, Tingle, Linkle etc. Imo it’s pretty jarring that Sheik is still in Smash despite being relevant in one game (no, Hyrule Warriors and remasters don’t count), but she’ll always get a pass for being an original fighter and being one of the more popular ones at that. 

Fire Emblem differs because unlike many of the other series like Kirby, Metroid, and even Zelda to a degree, FE always has a new main character who remains relevant to the series (which is true to most of the RPG category). Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina, Robin, and Corrin will all remain significant due to their status, whether or not they’re liked. I don’t see how FE getting 6 reps at this point in unreasonable, although I would like to see Lucina and maybe Roy be demoted to a alternate skin. Had this happened in Brawl where FE was still a niche, then it wouldn’t make sense. Given how FE has peaked in the past couple years however, I think it’s entirely fair. 

Pokémon is kinda sorta in the same vein too, and honestly it’s the one I actually have a problem with, though it’s not the fact that it has 6 reps itself. Rather, I’m annoyed that there’s only 2 Pokémon that aren’t Gen 1. It would have been nice for every Gen to be shown. I guess it has more to do with sheer popularity rather than equality, though that still could’ve been achieved both ways. Charizard and Mewtwo aren’t going anywhere because they’re some of the most popular ones, but Jigglypuff should have been gone ages ago. Honestly, it’s moveset is boring and outdated (I wonder why it’s been so poor since Brawl hmmmmmm) and it’s spot could go to someone more deserving like someone from Hoenn or Unova (I omitted Kalos as I think it’s next to guaranteed there’ll be one from it). Jigglypuff isn’t, and wasn’t, popular to begin with, which makes its inclusion all the more puzzling. I guess “original” movesets really do make the difference. Pardon my rant. 

A)Why do you think Dixie would be too similar to Diddy? They have the same body size, but Dixie has a completely different attack method using her hair and access to a different ability set if she draws from Tiny Kong in Donkey Kong 64. There's absolutely nothing except a lack of imagination preventing Dixie from appearing with a moveset just as distinct as Marth and Ike's.

B)Even if she were a clone, what's wrong with that? The series has had like a dozen clones so far. The possibility of her appearing as a clone is far from remote. I think the only thing really holding Dixie back is that she's not actually that popular a character, at least anymore. She's only appeared in like one game in the past ten years.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

A)Why do you think Dixie would be too similar to Diddy? They have the same body size, but Dixie has a completely different attack method using her hair and access to a different ability set if she draws from Tiny Kong in Donkey Kong 64. There's absolutely nothing except a lack of imagination preventing Dixie from appearing with a moveset just as distinct as Marth and Ike's.

B)Even if she were a clone, what's wrong with that? The series has had like a dozen clones so far. The possibility of her appearing as a clone is far from remote. I think the only thing really holding Dixie back is that she's not actually that popular a character, at least anymore. She's only appeared in like one game in the past ten years.

Alright, it’s fair to say Dixie could differ from Diddy, but I wouldn’t trust Sakurai to avoid taking a minimalistic effort and at best change one move while only making aesthetic changes to the rest of the moveset. Also, as you mentioned, she’s only just came back in Tropical Freeze and I haven’t seen too much demand for her.

Honestly I have nothing against Dixie, but should DK get another rep I’d rather have Cranky since I’m more confident he’ll be a unique fighter.

8 minutes ago, Florete said:

Whenever people say Dixie would be a clone, I wonder if they've ever played a Donkey Kong game.

As a matter of fact I’ve played three kappa. :P

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Also, as you mentioned, she’s only just came back in Tropical Freeze and I haven’t seen too much demand for her.

While it's not on the level of K. Rool, Dixie is a pretty commonly requested character.

3 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

should DK get another rep I’d rather have Cranky since I’m more confident he’ll be a unique fighter.

That's not how it works.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Alright, it’s fair to say Dixie could differ from Diddy, but I wouldn’t trust Sakurai to avoid taking a minimalistic effort and at best change one move while only making aesthetic changes to the rest of the moveset. Also, as you mentioned, she’s only just came back in Tropical Freeze and I haven’t seen too much demand for her.

Honestly I have nothing against Dixie, but should DK get another rep I’d rather have Cranky since I’m more confident he’ll be a unique fighter.

I honestly don't see Sakurai being lazy like that. At least for most of the current clones, I can understand why they would be clones, Dixie on the other hand, wouldn't have any excuse.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

While it's not on the level of K. Rool, Dixie is a pretty commonly requested character.

That's not how it works.

What? That's exactly how it works. Sakurai said Chrom got in over Robin because he's a more unique fighter.  Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Wii Fit Fighter! Being a unique fighter is a massive boon for getting into the game. I would agree with Silver, I'd rather have Cranky over Dixie. He has more appearances, more importance to the Donkey Kong series and he could make for an absolutely hilarious fighter. I'd probably rather King K Rool over Cranky, because I want more heavy weights, but if they decided to throw Cranky into the fray, I wouldn't be disapointed at all (fun fact, he's actually already been in Smash, given he's the original Donkey Kong and the Donkey Kong in the first Smash Bros. is called a former enemy of Mario's which wasn't t rue of Donkey Kong Jr at the time).

5 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Jigglypuff was about as popular as Pikachu in Japan back in the early days which probably contributed to why it has been in Smash since the first game. Besides, I don't see why people complain about Gen 1 having more character slots since it is the most iconic for the franchise and every new smash game adds a Pokemon from the current generation: Melee-Pichu, Brawl-Lucario, Smash 4-Greninja, Smash Switch-Most likely a Gen 7 mon.

I don't think anyone who's been a verteran of four games is going to get cut. Hell I'd say anyone that got into three consecutive games has a slim chance of being cut, unless for technical reasons like Ice Climbers. The likes of Falco might not really deserve to be in Smash, but they're there now and they're staying.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

I actually think it's Lucina that has the biggest chance of getting cut. Roy was brought back through DLC due to popular demand and was reworked a bit. It'd leave a bad taste in people's mouths if they had to buy a character just to have them be cut in the next game and that reason is probably why every DLC character is likely safe, except for Cloud because Square Enix

Lucina is the newer face of Fire Emblem, I don't think cutting her is an option at all.