Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, does this mean we'll get both Snake's codec conversations, and Palutena's guidance? Because that would be amazing.

I need to replay the SSE, no doubt the Great Maze will tide me over until Christmas...

Just now, Lau said:

Wait, does this mean we'll get both Snake's codec conversations, and Palutena's guidance? Because that would be amazing.

I need to replay the SSE, no doubt the Great Maze will tide me over until Christmas...

Personally, I like the Codecs better.

Just watched the E3 trailer for smash and..wow, everyone is coming back huh. I'm most happy to see Pokémon Trainer come back since he was my favorite to use in Brawl and they remembered that Leaf exists as well! Also glad to Young Link as well since I'm not a fan of Toon Link and glad to see Marth is voiced in English by Yuri Lowenthal as well. Can't wait to see more of it.

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAKE!!!

...And Ridley, and Daisy, and Leaf/Female Pokemon trainer.

Holy mother of hype. This looks badass. I hope there's going to be a story mode this time.

I'd still like to see a few more newcomers. Pls gib me Golden Sun.

Calling it now. Octoling as an Echo Fighter. 

30 minutes ago, Florete said:

In case anyone was wondering, Hilda palette for Zelda.

ss_6.jpg

Yes. YES. 

32 minutes ago, Florete said:

In case anyone was wondering, Hilda palette for Zelda.

ss_6.jpg

Um, that looks nothing like Hilda.

Hair is the wrong color entirely and the dress should be purple and white, not just purple. The gem in the middle of her circlet should be red too, not blue.

Spoiler

453px-ALBW_Hilda.png?version=7de7215e59b

Edited by Anacybele

Is it bad some part of me is getting this vibe?

I mean sure the man needs his rest... But... Why am I getting the "If this were the last title, we're going out with a bang" vibes I had with Awakening here?

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean sure the man needs his rest... But... Why am I getting the "If this were the last title, we're going out with a bang" vibes I had with Awakening here?

I considered that, too. The "Ultimate" title, everyone coming back...it seems like this might be Sakurai's swan song.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Even if Sakurai quits, don't expect Smash to end.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Even if Sakurai quits, don't expect Smash to end.

Well yes.

What I mean is it's still makes you feel sad when you get a vibe that someone you respect is leaving.

Yes they are leaving to go pursue their own goals and we should be happy for them... But it's still human nature to be emotional about a director leaving... Or possibly leaving.

Aw, I can no longer have Heero Yui as the default voice now? Well bummer, 0/10 never getting this game ever.

Nah, hahaha, though I still find it a little disappointing. Nothing really significant, but still. Oh well.

51 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I get the feeling he’s tired of Smash. Part of me thinks he’s began to resent it a bit.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Um, that looks nothing like Hilda.

Hair is the wrong color entirely and the dress should be purple and white, not just purple. The gem in the middle of her circlet should be red too, not blue.

Reveal hidden contents

453px-ALBW_Hilda.png?version=7de7215e59b

Pallet swaps resembling other characters are usually never 100% accurate. 

Damn. Oh damn. That was... awesome !

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I also dig the nice touch of the Ikes being voiced a little differently! It shows that Ike grew up more in RD as compared to his PoR self. Such an awesome little tidbit! ^^

I completely dig it, personnaly ! A little touch, but so much a GREAT thing ! I smiled when I heard Greg Chun voicing him.

And Marth getting an english voice at last ! Yuri Lowenthal's at work ! Yaaaaaay !

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Pallet swaps resembling other characters are usually never 100% accurate. 

This one isn't even close to being accurate though.

Yeah, Ike's voices are great!

And Marth finally speaking English in Smash is great too.

Edited by Anacybele

Yay this is so exciting!!!!! I honestly didn't even know E3 was today, until I came home from school and my brother texted me about the new smash stuff.

I really like Zelda's Twilight Princess design a lot more, and I wish they kept it, but she still looks amazing!

Just now, Denomon3144 said:

Are the current 65 characters the final roster? If so, I would have thought that there would be a few more newcomers, but the selection is still great.

66 according to the website, and there might be some more surprises left.