Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

At least the description in the video sets expectations that there will not be a 2nd fighter reveal. That was considerate of them.

Yeah, but...this means we won't get to see a surprise Cash Banooca reveal.

4fd.jpg.b16cf97602b5d0023af6b547373f4f0b.jpg

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

At least the description in the video sets expectations that there will not be a 2nd fighter reveal. That was considerate of them.

We'll have to wait another three months for that one! 😂

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

We'll have to wait another three months for that one! 😂

Oh well. I just hope that when revealed, they'll be desirable and not the "meh" that was ARMS.

Also, this will just be an appetizer for the real game reveals I'm looking forward to on Tuesday - the New Game + Expo.

13 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Oh well. I just hope that when revealed, they'll be desirable and not the "meh" that was ARMS.

Also, this will just be an appetizer for the real game reveals I'm looking forward to on Tuesday - the New Game + Expo.

I'm personally hoping for Min Min, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, and Ninjara. I think Min Min and Twintelle would be the best crowd-pleasers.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I'm personally hoping for Min Min, Twintelle, Ribbon Girl, and Ninjara. I think Min Min and Twintelle would be the best crowd-pleasers.

All in one? Since Twintelle would function completely differently from everyone else, that wouldn't be feasible (different arm hitboxes).

I'm hoping for either Min Min or Ninjara as a standalone. Or if it's multi-character, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

20 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

All in one? Since Twintelle would function completely differently from everyone else, that wouldn't be feasible (different arm hitboxes).

I'm hoping for either Min Min or Ninjara as a standalone. Or if it's multi-character, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara.

No, by themselves. Sorry I should have said "or" instead of "and." 😂

so glad they clarified there's no announcement of the next fighter. With it being so early, they'd only be able to give us which game they're from. That's the worst way to announce a new fighter. We'd be like. "Wooooow, a fighter from Rocket Robot on Wheels? I wonder who it could beeeeee...?"

54 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

so glad they clarified there's no announcement of the next fighter. With it being so early, they'd only be able to give us which game they're from. That's the worst way to announce a new fighter. We'd be like. "Wooooow, a fighter from Rocket Robot on Wheels? I wonder who it could beeeeee...?"

Right. The way the Arms character was announced was so stupid and it lacked the hype that was needed after many fans (I'm not one of them) were disappointed by Byleth. 

Do people really believe it'll be anyone other than Spring Man? I just fail to see why they'd pick anyone else over the ARMS poster boy. No series represented in Smash has ignored their iconic character in favor of some secondary one and I don't see why ARMS would be the exception.

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Do people really believe it'll be anyone other than Spring Man? I just fail to see why they'd pick anyone else over the ARMS poster boy. No series represented in Smash has ignored their iconic character in favor of some secondary one and I don't see why ARMS would be the exception.

I have been troubled by this as well, however, I do not think it will be Springman. It will feel weird if anyone gets in besides Springman since we are used to having the main character get in first. I don't think it will be Springman for two reasons. One is because he is an assist trophy, and I don't believe they will be promoted (I hope I'm wrong because I want Isaac). The other reason is because Springman is the "obvious" candidate. Why would they go through all the trouble of only telling us the series, if it was just Springman? I think Springman will only get in, if part of a group of four fighters (Hero situation), which I do not think will happen. (I also don't want it to happen.)

I don't think being "obvious" is a good reason to disqualify him but

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

One is because he is an assist trophy, and I don't believe they will be promoted

This actually convinced me that maybe it will be another character. I completely forgot he was an assist trophy since I rarely play with items. I would prefer Min Min or Kid Cobra myself but now that I'm aware he's an assist trophy I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Spring Man if it meant that other assist trophies could get promoted.

2 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I don't think being "obvious" is a good reason to disqualify him but

This actually convinced me that maybe it will be another character. I completely forgot he was an assist trophy since I rarely play with items. I would prefer Min Min or Kid Cobra myself but now that I'm aware he's an assist trophy I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Spring Man if it meant that other assist trophies could get promoted.

The only reason I want Springman is to open up the chances for Isaac! 😂

At this point, I'm just hoping it's Spring Man because that means Krystal and other ATs can become fighters, too. And if ATs can become fighters, Spirits can become fighters. And if Spirits can become fighters, then Shantae has a chance. So c'mon, Spring Man! Make the leap!

3 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

At this point, I'm just hoping it's Spring Man because that means Krystal and other ATs can become fighters, too. And if ATs can become fighters, Spirits can become fighters. And if Spirits can become fighters, then Shantae has a chance. So c'mon, Spring Man! Make the leap!

This is the only reason I want Springman. #IsaacforSmash

Even if Spring Man does get in, the only other Assist Trophy to have a chance at getting "promoted" is Waluigi, and it's not that I expect him to get in either.

That aside, I'm going to be boring and predict that Min Min will be the ARMS character. I hope the presentation will have Sakurai explain how they ended up deciding on the ARMS rep and why they picked that character in particular.

Edited by Lightchao42

53 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Min Min being the choice was a good ending, at least as far as Arms was concerned.

Reveal hidden contents

Glad it wasn't Twintelle.

Why? As far as I've seen, she's not especially popular or anything. She isn't even cute. (Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, and Lola Pop are far cuter to me as well). And don't fans like cute characters? (As much as the idea of liking someone just for their appearance usually bugs me...)

I do recall Min Min won one tournament, but that wasn't even a popularity contest, I think.

I 100% expected this to be Ribbon Girl for being the poster girl and very cute and I'm extremely upset... I shouldn't expect much from Smash DLC anymore, I guess. No one in either this game's or Smash Wii U/3DS's DLC has been real exciting for me...

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why? As far as I've seen, she's not especially popular or anything. She isn't even cute. (Ribbon Girl, Twintelle, and Lola Pop are far cuter to me as well). And don't fans like cute characters? (As much as the idea of liking someone just for their appearance usually bugs me...)

I do recall Min Min won one tournament, but that wasn't even a popularity contest, I think.

I 100% expected this to be Ribbon Girl for being the poster girl and very cute and I'm extremely upset... I shouldn't expect much from Smash DLC anymore, I guess. No one in either this game's or Smash Wii U/3DS's DLC has been real exciting for me...

Umm, Min Min literally won the Arms Ultimate Party Crash Bash. So yeah, she's pretty damn popular.

Spoiler

Also, I think she's adorable. Maybe it's because I have a strong bias for Asian women. But still.