Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Do we have a link for where it'll be like last time? I REALLY don't want to have to search it because guaranteed spoilers.

You don't have Nintendo do emailing you about this stuff?

4 hours ago, Ashen Jedi said:

It's heavily implied in the pre-order description for Wolf's amiibo that this works like this, and Sakurai himself said a characters amiibo from any game can work with the game (Say like Chrom's Warriors amiibo). 

I know. I'm just saying it's a good idea that I hope they announce.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Do we have a link for where it'll be like last time? I REALLY don't want to have to search it because guaranteed spoilers.

No youtube link yet but here's their twitch channel.

6 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Like Glennstavos said there's no YouTube link yet, but you can go to Nintendo's Direct page to watch it after the Direct airs without being spoiled. There's a Treehouse stream afterwards but (based on the E3 Direct) it might not be included on the Direct page.

Edited by Lightchao42

Is it wrong that I don't want the leak to be true. Not so much for Isaac & Geno (as far I'm concern they're long overdue) but more so on likes of Chorus Kid. I know they were a part of the Ballot & all that jazz but this time around I was kinda hoping for well.... more than just them? Maybe I'm being too picky for my own damn good considering there's still DLC. Or maybe I'm just more mad at the idea that the final roster leaked by a petty jackass that has grudge against Nintendo for some reason.

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

As in after the direct as started? Because that sounds unlikely.

It's like 7 in the morning if I wanted to watch it live, no thanks, I'm sleeping in on my day off this week, I just wanted the link so I could pull it up afterwards.

I'm really bummed out how so many people around the web are so rudely dismissing Isaac. I thought the Grinch leak was real but now I don't think so. I hope the insiders and leakers don't know as much as they're trying to claim and that we get some nice surprises tomorrow, because just Ken and Incineroar would be such a let down even if there's DLC later. Isaac would be a huge bonus as I'm sadly losing hope in him again for the third time.

Things I want to be saying after the Direct

• Unlockable COSTUMES for each character!?
  • The only thing better than the casual reveal of Break the Targets is the equally casual reveal of Board the Platforms.
  • Brb, downloading the demo

Things I don't want to be saying after the Direct

• Where he be? My Bandanna Dee?
  • Oh boy, that French company's employees are getting targeted on Social media because people are mad their hopes were raised by a dumb rumor.
  • Sooooo, I can go online with the Mii Fighters, but I have to be a Guest Mii?

Things I expect to be saying after the Direct

• As per the usual, all of y'all are too fixated on the characters like there's no actual video game being presented here. I can expect that for a Warriors game or Fire Emblem Heroes, but Smash?
  • So the online mode is just copy paste from the last game with no new modes or features. Welp, at least this will be the rare Nintendo game I can party up with Friends.
  • This game is my life. I am just going to be nothing outside of it for the whole Winter.
Edited by Glennstavos

7AM PT, huh. Man, there's a chance I might sleep through it. Well, I don't mind either way. Though if I do miss it I'll look it up before diving into the discussions.

Things I want to say

*Wow, I thought Pig Beast Ganon was an impossibility after seeing Ganondorf's final smash.

*Hell yeah, story mode and Adventure mode!

*Oh awesome. You can customize character appearances. I can give Link the Mirror Shield no matter what his costume is! And make him left handed.

*HOLY CRAL EVERYONE HAS PALUTENA STYLE CUSTOM MOVES. THIS IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

Things I don't want to say

*Why the hell did they bring back Street Smash?

Things I expect to say

*Oh hi Ken.

Guess its make or break time for the Grinch. There only needs to be a single reveal outside of its leaked characters to discredit the whole leak. 

I'm expecting Isaac. Something having to be postponed because it might be deemed offensive after the earthquake really makes me think that someone with earth quaking powers was supposed to be shown during that time and I can think of only one character that fits that description. The production values with Isabelle's trailer are noticeable lower than the other ones which might implied she was revealed sooner than intended as well. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

well my hype died down a lot so far,  no trophies:(:

hope we get "a one more thing" for another character, it just didn't feel right

Edited by Captain Karnage