Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dai said:

Looks like they're not making the same mistake with DLC that they did the previous game in regards to Guidances.

Piranha Plant confirmed as female? That will help put the grammar nazi part of my mind at ease.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Piranha Plant confirmed as female? That will help put the grammar nazi part of my mind at ease.

I think it was more that Palutena didn't want Viridi to come in?

1 minute ago, Dai said:

I think it was more that Palutena didn't want Viridi to come in?

Gah. Wrong She. I think you're right. My mind will eternally have to do mental flipflops to avoid a definitive pronoun when referring to Piranha Plant. If only we spoke like the Japanese.

Seems strange Piranha Plant doesn't have a basic fireball attack. It's like the most classic skill of Piranha Plants aside from popping out of pipes. Just another reason Custom Specials should make a return. It doesn't even use fire in many of it's attacks. Only it's Back Aerial from what I can see, and Petey Piranha (who is a whole other character) in its final smash. And I can't recall ever seeing Petey Piranha spewing fire before (I guess he has like a fire taunt in Brawl?). Useually he just spits goop, though I'm sure I haven't seen every appearance of the surprisingly prolific Petey Piranha.

Also Piranha Plant is just added to the World of Light. I actually would have really liked it if there was a whole new (small) area dedicated to each new DLC character with a couple of new Spirit Battles to go a long with it.

Edited by Jotari

On 1/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, Dai said:

These are like...the most specific glitches that this game has.

Damn. That is really specific. XD 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

I wonder if this would ever happen in a tournament match, "wait i'm gonna change against your Duck Hunt to this Mii I gotta make really quick" 

lmao. It'd be a DQ but it'd be a hilarious one.

Most hilarious DQ ever. XD.

14 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

How does Piranha Plant work in the World of Light? Does it get added to the roster? Or does it not appear at all?

You just get them straight away, presumably all the DLC will be the same. I would have liked if they all came with more spirits and had their own small area but unfortunately it is not the case.

Aw, nutbunnies. I think they fixed Olimar in Spirit Board/World of Light. Either that, or they've nerfed spirits in general. I'm not one-shotting anything with him anymore.

2 hours ago, Dai said:

Aw, nutbunnies. I think they fixed Olimar in Spirit Board/World of Light. Either that, or they've nerfed spirits in general. I'm not one-shotting anything with him anymore.

Multiple people have said they fixed him. As well as the Isabelle AT glitch.

Meanwhile, actually harmful glitches with DHD and Mii Swordfighter got added alongside the plant and its deal: https://nintendowire.com/news/2019/01/30/smash-ultimate-update-2-0-0-causing-save-data-corruption-with-certain-characters-and-modes/

Edited by The DanMan

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So does anyone know how you actually get Piranha Plant? There's something with Medals and Nintendo sending you a download key through the mail but I don't have any mail like that and don't know how to get one either. 

I had to dig in my email quite a bit to find the download code, although the key thing was registering your game so they’d send it.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So does anyone know how you actually get Piranha Plant? There's something with Medals and Nintendo sending you a download key through the mail but I don't have any mail like that and don't know how to get one either. 

If you bought the game physically, you need to register it with your Nintendo account (press + on the home menu, go to My Nintendo Rewards Program and choose "Earn Points"). If you bought the game digitally, it will register automatically. The last day to do this is January 31.

Some time later (two days for me) you will be emailed a code which you need to put into the eShop. Piranha Plant should be downloaded automatically afterwards, and the last day to put in the code is June 30.

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai-talks-smash-bros-ultimate-online-mode-victory-rates-character-usage-more/

“Overall, the most used character was Cloud, but in terms of Elite Smash it was Ganondorf, whose Elite Smash win-rate was only around 47.9%, which is on the lower end of the rankings."

“By the by. Among all the fighters and those of them that have echoes, Peach and Daisy are the most similar. That being said, you’d think that the results for the two characters would mostly be the same… In Elite Smash, though, Peach has a win rate of 54.4% and Daisy has one of 50.9% – how did that even happen!? In terms of usage, though, they’re roughly the same."

WARNING! I read earlier that attempting to use Piranha Plant in All Star Mode right now causes your game data to be corrupted. DON'T USE IT THERE YET. Wait for Nintendo to fix this lest you lose ALL your Smash data!

Edited by Anacybele

23 hours ago, Dai said:

Looks like they're not making the same mistake with DLC that they did the previous game in regards to Guidances.

The "mistake" which is planning DLC characters later...? In any case, it's not definite all DLC characters will get these guidances. Depends on when the characters were planned compared to when the scripts were written.

I wonder, what are the favored control schemes for tournament players? Because I'd personally hate to fail a recovery against my will when real prize money is on the line because one of the Joycons stopped working on me.