Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

56 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I wonder, what are the favored control schemes for tournament players? Because I'd personally hate to fail a recovery against my will when real prize money is on the line because one of the Joycons stopped working on me.

Generally GC controllers, but a few outliers use Pro Controllers or other things.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

Some people are saying that Chrom is terrible now because they removed Aethercide. While is a big loss, is it really the only thing that made him good? Everyone is going RIP Chrom and so on.

Chrom still has that airspeed. He had more kill moves than just Aethercide. Heck, spiking someone to the bottom Aether while still landing on stage still counts.

3 hours ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

Chrom still has that airspeed. He had more kill moves than just Aethercide. Heck, spiking someone to the bottom Aether while still landing on stage still counts.

So in other words it’s the typical ruckus over something stupid.

2 minutes ago, Sasori said:

So about Piranha plant. I've added the game to my Nintendo acount from the homescreen, collected the golden coins, but I haven't gotten the code in my mail yet. Does that take a while before you get it?

It took about two days for me to get my code, so if you collected the coins just now you'll need to wait a few days or so.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It took about two days for me to get my code, so if you collected the coins just now you'll need to wait a few days or so.

Ah thats good news then. The free period is about to end so I thought I might have missed the deadline or something.

Early impressions of Piranha Plant: Feels like a mid-tier. It's got some good edgeguarding tools but aside from it's Specials, it's got a bit of lacking range. Ptooie (Side-B) seems amazing at first but it shouldn't take long for people to stop falling for it. Down-B is also probably the worst in the game. Yes, it can cover the length of Battlefield. But it has 100 years of startup lag and it also extends Plant's hitbox meaning you can grab, counter, hit and spike Plant from across the stage. Case in point

I'm gonna have to spend some more time in the lab before i can determine if Plant fits my playstyle.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:32 AM, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

That being said, you’d think that the results for the two characters would mostly be the same… In Elite Smash, though, Peach has a win rate of 54.4% and Daisy has one of 50.9% – how did that even happen!?

How is less than a 4% difference in the win rates "not mostly the same"? If Peach had a 50% win rate and Daisy only had a 30% win rate I could see it, but a difference of less than 4% is barely anything.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Hey guys, I hate to butt in like this, and I don't want to create a thread asking about it and I don't want to go searching for the answer to my question in this thread either since there's more than 150 pages, but I've got a question (it's more like a comment) about Chrom's 8th alt.

I've heard that it's based off of Donnel, but I just can't see it at all. When I first saw Chrom's 8th alt, I thought that it was based off of Líf from Fire Emblem Heroes. Líf and Chrom look... kinda similar. They have a similar build and hairstyle, I think.

So does it match? Or is my claim too much of a stretch? I haven't seen it brought up, so I thought that I would at least ask.

Chrom's alts for reference (I couldn't find a picture of just his 8th alt, so I apologize about that).

Spoiler

1024px-Chrom_Palette_%28SSBU%29.png

Líf for reference.

Spoiler

Image result for lif fire emblem heroes

This is the top 8 at Genesis a huge major tournament.

Wolf, Pichu, Fox, Ike, Peach, Pikachu, Inkling, Olimar

Edited by IS Bath Salts HQ

I finally got my Pharana Plant download code... AFTER I already bought him thinking something went wrong and I wasn't going to get the code. I guess if anyone wants my code just ask and I'll give it to you.

1 hour ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I finally got my Pharana Plant download code... AFTER I already bought him thinking something went wrong and I wasn't going to get the code. I guess if anyone wants my code just ask and I'll give it to you.

You might be able to explain the situation to Nintendo and ask for a refund. If you care enough of course.

22 hours ago, IS Bath Salts HQ said:

This is the top 8 at Genesis a huge major tournament.

Wolf, Pichu, Fox, Ike, Peach, Pikachu, Inkling, Olimar

Not pictured: Lucina won grand finals. (Ike player duo mains)

2 hours ago, Florete said:

Not pictured: Lucina won grand finals. (Ike player duo mains)

Yup yup. 

Here are both the Ultimate and Melee top results. 

4de1c9dbcb2165c44c654bd5b57b1861.png

Screenshot_20190203-225540_Chrome.jpg

On 2/4/2019 at 10:48 AM, Jotari said:

You might be able to explain the situation to Nintendo and ask for a refund. If you care enough of course.

Knowing the Nintendo eShop has a pretty strict no refunds policy I don't think I really want to try that. Sure I'll lose some money, but in hindsight I was probably a little to hasty when I made the judgement to buy it so really I've got no one but myself to blame for that.

2 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

Knowing the Nintendo eShop has a pretty strict no refunds policy I don't think I really want to try that. Sure I'll lose some money, but in hindsight I was probably a little to hasty when I made the judgement to buy it so really I've got no one but myself to blame for that.

True, on the other hand, you have nothing to lose but a small amount of time by trying.

If Piranha Plant is crouching, he withdraws into his pot/pipe. If he is footstooled while in this state, he will retaliate with a chomp - because you cannot stomp Piranha Plants in the Mario games.

That's reason #186 why Sakurai is better at designing Smash Bros characters than any dork on the internet.