Super Smash Bros. Ultimate News and Discussion: A Simple and Clean Finish

Lightchao42

Now that Ultimate has been out for a while, who is your favorite newcomer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite base game (and Piranha Plant) newcomer?

2. 2. Who is your favorite new Echo Fighter?

3. 3. Who is your favorite Fighters Pass 1 character?

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nothing to be positive about when it's not a character I wanted or cared for though.

We don't always get what we want. I wanted more alts, I didn't get my wish. Oh well, i'm happy I got something, is all. I'm sick of 8 repalletes, I think it's inexcusable. I am a PM player and I love their alts, and then I see Nintendos crap and am disgusted. Also, that's not even considering all the small things I enjoy in PM compared to Smash U that I was disappointed in. Yet, I take what I can get. Excuse my harsh language.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

We don't always get what we want. I wanted more alts, I didn't get my wish. Oh well, i'm happy I got something, is all. I'm sick of 8 repalletes, I think it's inexcusable. I am a PM player and I love their alts, and then I see Nintendos crap and am disgusted. Yet, I take what I can get. Excuse my harsh language.

I never said we had to always get what we want. However, there's yet to be a single DLC character I've actually cared about between Smash Wii U/3DS and Ultimate so far. So I've literally gotten nothing that I wanted for DLC.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I never said we had to always get what we want. However, there's yet to be a single DLC character I've actually cared about between Smash Wii U/3DS and Ultimate so far. So I've literally gotten nothing that I wanted for DLC.

Well they cater to the masses, why be surprised? Banjo and Kazooie is super popular. Are they getting a stage as well or are they just characters? So i'm equally as disappointed in case you thought you were the only one here.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Well they cater to the masses, why be surprised? Banjo and Kazooie is super popular. Are they getting a stage as well or are they just characters? So i'm equally as disappointed in case you thought you were the only one here.

Because there have been a lot of DLC characters between both? You'd think I'd see at least ONE that I cared for.

They're really popular? Then why had I never heard of them until they were requested for Smash? And they're getting a stage, it was already said a long time ago that each DLC character is coming with a stage.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Because there have been a lot of DLC characters between both? You'd think I'd see at least ONE that I cared for.

They're really popular? Then why had I never heard of them until they were requested for Smash? And they're getting a stage, it was already said a long time ago that each DLC character is coming with a stage.

Well i'm not familiar with how back your system knowledge goes, but i'm a 64 gamer, I grew up with it, so I grew to love the pair. also there is no reason to be rude, as I said I don't watch videos, so I wasn't sure. Just cause i'm not all "oh E3 must watch!" I don't watch videos, never have. my internet can't load them since it's soooo slow. so I can only rely on others for info. What would you like to see, then?

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

@AnacybeleIt would do you good to be little empathetic. 

Also, If you were even lurking in the smash community, you would've known how popular these are. Especially Banjoo.

...Huh?

Except I've been a part of the Smash community for years. I was even part of Smashboards for awhile. I eventually left because people there treated me like trash, like I didn't know anything about Smash at all and was a noob. But I've been somewhat of a competitive Smash player for a long time and played online a lot in the Brawl and Wii U days. I haven't played Ultimate online yet because I've not been able to get a Nintendo online subscription.

Except I've been a part of the Smash community for years. I was even part of Smashboards for awhile. I eventually left because people there treated me like trash, like I didn't know anything about Smash at all and was a noob. But I've been somewhat of a competitive Smash player for a long time and played online a lot in the Brawl and Wii U days. I haven't played Ultimate online yet because I've not been able to get a Nintendo online subscription.

How competitive are you? Also, i'm sorry to hear people treated you so poorly, that's too bad. Those people obviously aren't worth your time, then. But in my opinion, this game is a mess. I was hoping they would address so many issues, but nope. More wants, by the way.

Edited by lightcosmo

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

How competitive are you? Also, i'm sorry to hear people treated you so poorly, that's too bad. Those people obviously aren't worth your time, then. But in my opinion, this game is a mess. I was hoping they would address so many issues, but nope. More wants, by the way.

Not super competitive. I'm not an expert that's gone to tournaments and such. But I like to be at least a decent opponent for the people I play online so I'm not boring to play with. xP

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Not super competitive. I'm not an expert that's gone to tournaments and such. But I like to be at least a decent opponent for the people I play online so I'm not boring to play with. xP

Ah, neat. Ive been to tournaments, but only for PM. as I said, it's easily my favorite to play. Nothing wrong with laid back playstyle.

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ah, neat. Ive been to tournaments, but only for PM. as I said, it's easily my favorite to play. Nothing wrong with laid back playstyle.

I don't bother with PM because I think people said it's basically Melee and imo Melee is bad.

The DQ protagonists were by far the most exciting newcomer announced for this game so far.  None of the other newcomers were super appealing to me besides the plant, which I mainly liked for the "wth" factor.

I really enjoy Dragon Quest, and I'm glad that multiple protags are selectable, really happy VIII's protag was among the playable ones.  Their spell menu/MP gimmick seems fun enough as well.

I do find the Final Smash kinda funny though since it summons what's essentially a bunch of strangers.  DQ games take place generations apart at best and in entirely different dimensions otherwise, so none of these guys actually know each other.  That said, it's cool fanservice for the fans of the protags that aren't playable.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't bother with PM because I think people said it's basically Melee and imo Melee is bad.

Sorta, yeah. I pretty much play for the alts, and the neat movesets. like I enjoy Link being able to play his Ocarina, or Ike making Fire on the ground during QD, the small things are just nice touches to me, which U is lacking so much. Hoping Banjo and Kazooie add some life to the game.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Sorta, yeah. I pretty much play for the alts, and the neat movesets. like I enjoy Link being able to play his Ocarina, or Ike making Fire on the ground during QD, the small things are just nice touches to me, which U is lacking so much.

U still has some nice touches. Like the two Ikes being slightly differently voiced and having a few different lines. PM can't say it has two Ikes either, it only uses PoR Ike which I think is a bad choice. RD Ike is just as iconic as his PoR self now and some people prefer one design or the other. I prefer RD Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

So far, my family has been really happy about the DLC.

Persona is one of my favorite franchises. I jumped for joy with the Joker announcement.

Dragon Quest, especially VIII, is my father's favorite franchise.

Banjo Kazooie is my little brother's favorite franchise, and this made him very happy.

Just now, Anacybele said:

U still has some nice touches. Like the two Ikes being slightly differently voiced and having a few different lines.

Sure, but it doesn't compare to PM. The characters are very source based, to me. I mean, Sonic is a great example, he is one of my favs in PM simply cause I love his Sonic Battle moveset, and things like Looped taunting is very funny to do. Also, I dig the Jet Set and SA2B sonic alts. In U he's just... bleh.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

So far, my family has been really happy about the DLC.

Persona is one of my favorite franchises. I jumped for joy with the Joker announcement.

Dragon Quest, especially VIII, is my father's favorite franchise.

Banjo Kazooie is my little brother's favorite franchise, and this made him very happy.

A family of gamers, eh? Interesting.

I mean, I know a family like that, but this is the first new one I knew for a while.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Sure, but it doesn't compare to PM. The characters are very source based, to me. I mean, Sonic is a great example, he is one of my favs in PM simply cause I love his Sonic Battle moveset, and things like Looped taunting is very funny to do. Also, I dig the Jet Set and SA2B sonic alts. In U he's just... bleh.

I don't care about Sonic, so I can't say anything about him for either game. But as I said, Ultimate gave Ike both his iconic designs, had them differently voiced, and gave them slightly different lines, none of which PM can say it did for Ike. Now one thing I do wish Ultimate had done for him is give him more of his actual outfits, like Lord for PoR Ike and Vanguard for RD Ike.

42 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I empathize, even though I don't share that opinion.

Out of curiosity, what exactly would you want.

4 minutes ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

A family of gamers, eh? Interesting.

I mean, I know a family like that, but this is the first new one I knew for a while.

Mom is the exception. No games for her.

I have plenty of cousins who game though. To make my main gamer cousin happy, a Bethesda rep would be best. And with how likely Doom Slayer is, he may get what he wants.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I empathize, even though I don't share that opinion.

Out of curiosity, what exactly would you want.

The characters I wanted most for DLC were Dixie, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, and Vaati, but that third one will probably never happen, I'm not sure the second will ever happen now either, and my hopes of that first one have slowly gone down because I'd wanted her for two Smash games so far (Wii U/3DS and Ultimate).

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Season 1 was confirmed to be all 3rd Party

No it wasn't. We talked about this.

I don't have a gaming family. One of my brothers and his kid still game, and my parents play stuff on their phones and computers, but that's it. Nobody else in my family does. But that's fine with me, I'm a loner and always will be anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

The characters I wanted most for DLC were Dixie, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, and Vaati, but that third one will probably never happen, I'm not sure the second will ever happen now either, and my hopes of that first one have slowly gone down because I'd wanted her for two Smash games so far (Wii U/3DS and Ultimate).

I wouldn't have minded Rex myself, even if I'm more partial to Zeke and Morag.

I haven't played any Banjo-Kazooie games so I don't know if they were always like this, but here they seem like jerks. K. Rool was so happy to see them, yet they still threw him off a cliff and crushed him under a rock. What terrible people.

But anyway I think Rex has a decent chance for the next game when it releases in 2035, since Sakurai likes XC2 and suggested that Rex (and an ARMS character) would be in Ultimate if the timing was more convenient. He's a popular request among first parties so that could help bypass any "relevancy" issues.

Edited by Lightchao42