Smash On Switch? Thoughts?

Squid Kid are in and I think some Arms characters may also show up.

Has for who will be forget I sure hope nobody anymore. (bring back Pichu please Sakurai)

Just now, Ycine said:

Squid Kid are in and I think some Arms characters may also show up.

Has for who will be forget I sure hope nobody anymore. (bring back Pichu please Sakurai)

For sure! I'm hoping for some Melee mechanics and perhaps some other things like Rage removed. I hope that Ice Climbers are guaranteed to be in this one...

4 minutes ago, ImsoniaticGamer said:

I hope that Ice Climbers are guaranteed to be in this one...

We've yet to confirm all the trailer' silhouettes but I sure hope that the pesky pair are upagain.

I for one simply can't believe that there will be a new Smash this year.

I would find it much easier to believe if this was simply a polished, complete version of Smash 4, complete with new characters, skins, etc., but I'm hopeful.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

Link is BotW Link instead of TP Link, and that's all that matters to me in this teaser.

Don't really care about the inklings, but good for people who do I guess.

About time we got a new Link!

25 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Such a vague announcement, what the heck, lol

Honestly, that's pretty much just what Nintendo needed to win the Internet.

58 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm hoping Rex and Pyra will be added.

This is my biggest hope for the game. 

16 minutes ago, RulerJeanne said:

About time we got a new Link!

One side of me wants BotW Link to have a new moveset. But, the other part of me is looking at past trends and feels like it'll just be an updated link with no moveset changes.

I wouldn't mind either way though, it's about time Link got a new look.

I'm excited. I assume it's going to be a port of the WiiU version, but with new additions. Of course, if it's an entirely new version, then that would be most welcomed as well. As far as mechanics and changes, I hope that it plays like the WiiU version, as that's my personal favorite Smash out of all of them. Character-wise, I mean, we're getting Inklings for sure. I hope all of the SSB4 roster remains intact at least. I'd like to see Pichu return, with maybe Wolf and Ice Climbers. But as for new characters, I think Pyra would be cool to see. It's completely unlikely, but I'd actually like to see some characters from Bravely Default make an appearance. Otherwise I don't really know. I guess I'll just keep it to be a surprise!

2 minutes ago, Dengres said:

Pretty excited. Hoping Ike returns becuase I don't want a new main.
BotW Link seems pretty cool as well.

I would say Ike is a solid regular, tbh.

I can't say the same for Robin/Lucina/Corrin... though I would like to think Lucina's well received enough to have a snug spot

*wastes half an hour on the Direct waiting for something good*
*gets to last minute*
One last video, what could they possibly be…ah, more Inkling crap, of course, can't stop the Splatoon lunacy even for a-
*GIANT FLAMING SMASH BALL*

……

………

...that's not a Mishima, Sakurai.

No, I'm serious, Sakurai. You said you were going to put Heihachi from Tekken in Sm4sh to go with Ryu, but somehow couldn't make Heihachi's moves translate over despite having made, among others, Pac-Man, Wii Fit, and Duck Hunt all work? What the actual heck? And somehow the knowledge that we're now able to mega-cramp our hands by playing Smash on a single JoyCon is going to resolve any issues anyone had with Sm4sh?

You know, I bet Sakurai realized that if he made Bayonetta crazy enough, she'd be so divisive to the Smash Community that the moment 5mash was announced everyone would instantly leave Sm4sh behind, and if they ended up just making Re:Sm4sh, all he had to do was add a BoTW skin for Link, an Odyssey skin for Mario(let's be real, it's going to happen), and the Inklings as an extra fighter and everyone would toss their WiiUs as soon as they could. We've all been baited and played like children.

Edited by SoulWeaver
accidental early post

It'll be fun to play BOTW Link. Some of his moveset will probably be changed to the abilities of the champions, with his recovery being Revali's gale, some move being Urbosa's fury, hopefully a special shield animation for Daruk's protection, and I'm not sure about what Mipha's blessing will be.

Shovel Knight, Rex/Pyra, someone from Arms and whoever the next FE lord is should be definite additions to the game. Also, the mii fighters should be based on select classes from Miitopia.

Dark Pit definitely doesn't need to stay in the game, but I'd honestly be sad about anyone else leaving.

I think everyone is on board with another Subspace Emissary. The only other additions to the game I can think of right now are bringing back the tourneys from brawl, and giving full cinematic entrances to characters instead of the one second animation of them arriving onto the stage.

11 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Do we have any confirmation that this isn't "the definitive edition of Smash 4?"

Copyright on the actual website reads 2018, Bandai Namco isn't mentioned in copyright as well, and a new logo. Most likely a new Smash.

Here's the website if you wanna fact check me: http://www.smashbros.com/en_US/index.html

Edited by IfIHadToPickADude

6 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Do we have any confirmation that this isn't "the definitive edition of Smash 4?"

Nintendo is treating it as a completely new game, so it's probably new unless you also consider Splatoon 2 to be the "definitive edition" of the original Splatoon.

Hopefully it'll improve upon mechanics to be sophisticated like Melee's. As much as I don't care for story modes, something like Subspace would be fun too.

I also have to voice my love for Pichu because I have to.

This was probably the biggest reveal in any Nintendo Direct ever. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this game goes. I wouldn't be surprised if it used the gameplay style of SSB4 with maybe something like an art style change. I'm very hyped and surprised that we got something like this in a Direct.

Roy better be in the base game. You left him out of Brawl and Smash 4 until DLC, it'll be redundant to leave him out again, Sakurai. Same with Mewtwo.

Kinda hoping for Snake to come back, but that seems unlikely.

A story mode would be great.

Bandana Waddle Dee when, Sakurai?

14 hours ago, SuperIb said:

I'm excited. I assume it's going to be a port of the WiiU version, but with new additions. Of course, if it's an entirely new version, then that would be most welcomed as well. As far as mechanics and changes, I hope that it plays like the WiiU version, as that's my personal favorite Smash out of all of them. Character-wise, I mean, we're getting Inklings for sure. I hope all of the SSB4 roster remains intact at least. I'd like to see Pichu return, with maybe Wolf and Ice Climbers. But as for new characters, I think Pyra would be cool to see. It's completely unlikely, but I'd actually like to see some characters from Bravely Default make an appearance. Otherwise I don't really know. I guess I'll just keep it to be a surprise!

It does say original game at the  bottom of the video if you look close enough. I'm wanting an entirely new game, with maybe a smaller and not-bloated roster.

8 hours ago, ImsoniaticGamer said:

It does say original game at the  bottom of the video if you look close enough. I'm wanting an entirely new game, with maybe a smaller and not-bloated roster.

Ooooooh nice! I did not see that, thank you~

8 hours ago, ImsoniaticGamer said:

Problem is, huge crossover games like this thrives with a huge roster. I’m pretty sure future Smash games will eventually have a roster of a 100 characters.