Over a year ago we had an FE direct

Now obviously I want something like that but nothing has been announced 

so it’s been over a year since we even heard about FE Switch. And Nintendo is just quiet about it and I get that it’s far off 

but I’m nervous 

I used to go to another’s forum for another game that got a sequel recently 

and it was bad. Story bad. Characters bad. Etc. 

Then everyone was sure DLc would fix it and EA had nothing to say and eventually they said the franchise is cancelled. 

FE 16 is either barebones. Avatar MC who has no personality and no life in the story (So there’s nothing to really talk about) 

or it’s been pushed back to 2019 (which takes a year to translated so 2020 for us) 

and here i thought FE was one of the big series’ now. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Japan but it takes a year to localize...

i don’t wanna have to be patient anymore, really. It’s been over s year with nothing. And I know we aren’t entitled and we don’t deserve nothin, but it’s still awfully boring not even having a name or main characters design 

and I still gotta worry over if it’s an avatar or a real character. I’d rather just know good or bad news than be here waitin for it 

5 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

and I still gotta worry over if it’s an avatar or a real character. I’d rather just know good or bad news than be here waitin for it 

I personally loved Robin. So I care not for whether there's an Avatar or not. Just so long as they can be someone that I can like, like Robin, I'm perfectly down with it.

25 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

We get it you don't like Avatar doesn't mean everyone agree with you this topic feels like a waste to get people triggered and hear YOUR personal rants....

That’s why I made my own thread about it instead of complaint about them in the main thread.  

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I personally loved Robin. So I care not for whether there's an Avatar or not. Just so long as they can be someone that I can like, like Robin, I'm perfectly down with it.

Robin wasn’t the Mc who drove the entire story like Corrin was...an avatar in second place, or even one further back with a more observers role is fine but the lead character is my biggest worry 

20 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

We get it you don't like Avatar doesn't mean everyone agree with you this topic feels like a waste to get people triggered and hear YOUR personal rants....

And we don't need to hear you going off halfway-done at someone else for sharing their concerns about the situation. She is right - Nintendo's been oddly quiet about this considering it's been a whole year with about the same amount of info as Prime 4 has...in other words, nothing. She also never said anything about not liking any specific Avatar, she said one of her current predictions as to why they'd be so quiet about FE Switch is that the game is barebones with a lazily-done Avatar, which you misinterpreted as her saying she thought Robin or Corrin fulfilled the criteria mentioned, which is a completely different subject entirely. Make sure you understand what someone's actually saying before you jump on them for something.

Just now, IEatLasers said:

Robin wasn’t the Mc who drove the entire story like Corrin was...an avatar in second place, or even one further back with a more observers role is fine but the lead character is my biggest worry 

I agree that we should never have another Corrin. But Robin was already implied to play a large role from the beginning. I like how they developed him into that role rather than show it all off. Though its more of the pacing that is the issue. Like not synching with Chrom well enough.

If it gets delayed: Not fazed, I don't have a switch just yet and every other game under the sun gets delayed these days.

If it doesn't: Great, the sooner the better.

No sense worrying about if the game will ever come out. The only way they'd shelve it after investing so much into FE these last 2-3 years is if there was some kind of legal dispute which I don't see happening.

17 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

And we don't need to hear you going off halfway-done at someone else for sharing their concerns about the situation. She is right - Nintendo's been oddly quiet about this considering it's been a whole year with about the same amount of info as Prime 4 has...in other words, nothing. She also never said anything about not liking any specific Avatar, she said one of her current predictions as to why they'd be so quiet about FE Switch is that the game is barebones with a lazily-done Avatar, which you misinterpreted as her saying she thought Robin or Corrin fulfilled the criteria mentioned, which is a completely different subject entirely. Make sure you understand what someone's actually saying before you jump on them for something.

Did I ever said there was no silence?! they were on a rant about a personal dislike of a feature in the last part of their post plain and simple. And how the hell would they know the game will be barebones and the next Avatar being "lazy" just because IS is taking their sweet time on the game. I believe you shouldn't quote unless you get why this was a waste of a topic that could've been in something that's related to it...

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

44 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Well I got hope for a worldwide release. And echoes only took a month and had full voice acting. So Nintendo is definitely stepping up as far as localization

Calm down. You have nothing to justify those fears on especially since Nintendo is not EA. Their whole MO is creating trying to make quality games. It doesn't always work out but they are always aiming for that instead of just going for the cash grab. The silence is odd and they should have announced the game coming out before revealing Smash, but the game probably isn't going to come out until Fall or Winter of 2018 and this Direct seemed to be aimed at the Spring to Summer announcements. I can only remember one game not coming in that timeline and it doesn't have a release date.

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Calm down. You have nothing to justify those fears on especially since Nintendo is not EA. Their whole MO is creating trying to make quality games. It doesn't always work out but they are always aiming for that instead of just going for the cash grab. The silence is odd and they should have announced the game coming out before revealing Smash, but the game probably isn't going to come out until Fall or Winter of 2018 and this Direct seemed to be aimed at the Spring to Summer announcements. I can only remember one game not coming in that timeline and it doesn't have a release date.

Agreed this is true I still believe FE16 is for a Fall Release and yeah so far everything announced so far is Spring-Summer.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

59 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I remember when me (and a lot of other people) said that about Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Honestly, if fucking Xenoblade can get a simultaneous worldwide release, there's no reason why FE16 can't.

I was admittedly a little saddened when I watched the Direct and saw nothing about FE; not even a quick mention... I became a little hopeful when he said, "Oh; we actually have one last video to show"... only for it then to be a teaser for Smash Bros.

Oh well; at least there's still thee E3, and the Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker port looks interesting.

Edited by vanguard333

I would say they are going to reveal it at E3 which probably means they are really confident in its quality and scope or it has been delayed. That said if it is still slated for a 2018 release then i think the marketing team has fucked up because it is almost guaranteed to be overshadowed, if it released straight August/September then it is just going to be unveiled at E3 and no one will care cause they are only looking at smash, if it released late in the year than it contends with a number of big games including possibly smash, and FE isn't a big enough IP to perform well in the holiday release slot. 

All in all I am in favour of throwing Nintendo's marketing team out a window 

3 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I would say they are going to reveal it at E3 which probably means they are really confident in its quality and scope or it has been delayed. That said if it is still slated for a 2018 release then i think the marketing team has fucked up because it is almost guaranteed to be overshadowed, if it released straight August/September then it is just going to be unveiled at E3 and no one will care cause they are only looking at smash, if it released late in the year than it contends with a number of big games including possibly smash, and FE isn't a big enough IP to perform well in the holiday release slot. 

All in all I am in favour of throwing Nintendo's marketing team out a window 

Don't forget possibly Pokemon Switch and Animal Crossing showing up then even more RIP to FE16s relevancy...

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

(which takes a year to translated so 2020 for us)

Not likely with Heroes collaborations being a thing. And they announced the 2018 release window worldwide.

1 hour ago, John Denver Fan said:

I was pissed that there wasn't any details for it, but it will most likely be revealed at E3 later this year.

I don’t wanna look forward to E3. 

By thej ill have graduated HS which means moving to college...I wanna look forward to the reveal and all with everyone else but I’m scared to have to move and everything so I want it done while in secure and stable somewhere... 

It probably means they're waiting to reveal it at E3, that way they have a big name IP to show off. The information drought is surprising though, and a bit disappointing.

6 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I don’t wanna look forward to E3. 

By thej ill have graduated HS which means moving to college...I wanna look forward to the reveal and all with everyone else but I’m scared to have to move and everything so I want it done while in secure and stable somewhere... 

Ummm, what? E3 happens in June, wayyyyy before you'll be at college. So you'll still be stable and secure.

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

i don’t wanna have to be patient anymore, really. It’s been over s year with nothing. And I know we aren’t entitled and we don’t deserve nothin, but it’s still awfully boring not even having a name or main characters design 

Not at all. Echoes wasn't that far off.