Over a year ago we had an FE direct

4 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

I wish Nintendo would just leak hints at the game, so we can go bonkers every month or so. Something to keep us invested. 

Pretty much my thoughts exactly since it's still coming this year why not give small stuff till the big reveal?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Pretty much my thoughts exactly since it's still coming this year why not give small stuff till the big reveal?

Meh, don't want to visually spoil the game, but I was referring to tweets and stuff.

I think we all have our fears about the game not getting anything revealed yet about it, but apparently a small window of showing before release is normal for modern FE. Hopefully they'll give us something by E3 and then give an early September or even October release for the game. Which for me means no touching it until Christmas! I'll be so jealous. If they can release it in mid August, I'll have just enough time to finish it before its reading all day for the remaining days of the year. Unless they've somehow open world'ed FE, I think I can complete a new FE blind in two weeks of intense playing.

If there were to be a delay, well I'll select the logic that says a delayed game is eventually good (but I have a mighty nomber of reasons to question that), unless it goes into development hell- but Nintendo games can't go there I think. That is the realm of much smaller titles by smaller companies.

I would think of looking at Famitsu for a possible first sneak peak into FE16. If anything else, I am anticipating something by or during E3.

I keep on saying to people that the game will likely be shown at E3 like Fates was, but noone seems to listen...

Edited by CatManThree

5 minutes ago, Troublesome Knight said:

I don't really like the idea of the game being revealed at E3. If they do that, no one will pay attention to it because it'd be sharing the spotlight with Smash. I hope there's still a chance for something before that.

I mean Fates was announced alongside a bunch of Smash stuff so I don't see how it would hurt them this time.

FE has gotten a lot bigger but I still don't think it's an E3 game, especially not a "share the E3 spotlight with Smash Bros" game. If Nintendo follows the pattern of recent E3s, they'll have one main game which is likely to be Smash this year, and showcases for other already announced games. I guess there's the off chance there will be an FE direct before June, but I don't see why they wouldn't have included a short trailer today if the game is going to be shown soon anyway. I don't think the chances are high for another direct before E3. I'm almost sure FE16 is getting delayed to 2019 worldwide and we probably won't see it until a direct near the holidays. Sucks but it's very odd we haven't even gotten a title yet. 

Guest Dreamyboi

I mean, I'm worried about getting another Corrin-esque protagonist too but the plus side to all this waiting is that they're probably taking their time to make a quality product. I can't confirm or cite this but I heard that Fates' development was rushed, when you combine that with a three way plot messily written by multiple different people including a mangaka, and a ton of other inclusions a lot of which were unnecessary you get the game I can't stop calling a triple decker trainwreck because that description fits lets be real.

Even though I'm lowering my expectations as much as possible I don't think FE Switch is going to have shitty writing, it has literally no excuse to be Bullshit Emblem again, that is unless the people in charge of FE have just stopped giving a damn about story altogether.

I don't see it getting delayed as shown only Sping-Summer titles were announced FE16 could easily be a Fall title. As for E3 I don't see why not? FE has grown so much after Awakenings success and the new Switch game is a very big highly anticipated title perfect for the stage floor. Also even if games like Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing etc "overshadow" it if they show up at E3(which is very likely for some of these) I doubt this will affect sales that much especially when the games already appease different genres for different gamers or unless your universal. I don't fear FE16 not doing well in fact I'm certain it'll be fine overall.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

1 hour ago, CatManThree said:

I keep on saying to people that the game will likely be shown at E3 like Fates was, but noone seems to listen...

Fates was revealed before E3 though! It opened a Nintendo direct with a trailer and E3 was when they showed Corrin 

5 hours ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

And how the heck would they know the game will be barebones and the next Avatar being "lazy" just because IS is taking their sweet time on the game. I believe you shouldn't quote unless you get why this was a waste of a topic that could've been in something that's related to it...

Unless I understand the Topic fully or am asking for clarification so I better understand what's going on, I generally don't post in Topics as a personal rule. The main exception is Introduction Topics, since just hopping into a Thread to give a cheerful hello and welcome requires almost nothing from me and often helps make someone's day.

I understand that this could have been placed somewhere else, like in a general FE16 Topic, but as she herself mentioned, she specifically avoided the more mainstream Threads to try to avoid pissing off random posters like yourself. Are there still places to post such concerns that are less likely to offend people than this? Yes, she could have run this in her Status Update thingy on her Personal Page, but then maybe three people would read it, and it sounds like she's speaking from her fears, which likely means she'd like for people to help her with those fears - not sit and whine at her about how she's making a bigger deal out of it than it is - and I'd say it's probably more comforting to have a bunch of people here try to help her than just her three current followers and anyone who visits her page within the next 24 hours or so.
To answer your question, I'll repeat what I just said here: As far as I can tell, she's speaking from her fears(correct me if I'm wrong anywhere on here btw Lasers). She never said she knew the game would be barebones, she was stating her fears are that either the game will be barebones or that it will be delayed, you simply tripped on the wording she used, which is a common enough mistake, especially on the internet.

5 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Robin wasn’t the Mc who drove the entire story like Corrin was...an avatar in second place, or even one further back with a more observers role is fine but the lead character is my biggest worry 

Again, going to have to point out that, yes, Robin was exactly the one who drove the plot for all 3 arcs of the game.

Gangrel invaded Ylisse because of the Grimleal(Lead by Robin's daddy and adoptive sister, who were trying to harbor the vessel of Grima AKA Robin) backing him.

Valm started going conquest mode because Walhart wanted to be prepared for what was on the horizon(Which was Grima, once again Robin).

The Grimleal arc was... well, all about Robin, Grima and the Grimleal.

Robin was asleep at the wheel, but he/she was very much still in the driver's seat. Chrom was just shouting directions and trying to make sure the car didn't hit incoming traffic for the first 2/3 until Robin woke up and took full control of the vehicle.

Edited by Slumber

Gee, everyone is really pissed about the Direct.

First of all, be patient: I'm sure Nintendo's working on FE Switch, and it will likely release in 2018. It could get delayed to 2019, but that shouldn't matter much as long as we get some trailers or teasers for the game. And of course the localization would at best take a year, but that's to be expected.

Secondly, unlike EA, Nintendo doesn't cancel any of its game series so suddenly. Especially if said game series is a major IP. Considering the things done for FE the previous 2-3 years by Nintendo, you shouldn't worry about them ditching FE Switch out of the blue.

FE Switch is likely gonna get announced at E3 so get your hopes up.

8 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

Calm down. You have nothing to justify those fears on especially since Nintendo is not EA. Their whole MO is creating trying to make quality games. It doesn't always work out but they are always aiming for that instead of just going for the cash grab.

Well, no. Nintendo aims to create profitable games (and merch apparently, with things like Amiibos) like EA and everyone else. I know it's easy to shit on EA but Nintendo aren't making games out of the goodness of their heart.

Edited by Tryhard

Don't know who quoted me probably on ignore (for good reason) from this topic....anyway ignoring the salt the direct is over with wait till E3 or April (if anything) to see if FE16 will finally show can't believe its going to be a year and possibly a half to finally hear something....

18 minutes ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Don't know who quoted me probably on ignore (for good reason) from this topic....anyway ignoring the salt the direct is over with wait till E3 or April (if anything) to see if FE16 will finally show can't believe its going to be a year and possibly a half to finally hear something....

What I'm afraid of is that by the time the reveal happens it won't have a strong impact because of all the wait we had to endure.

At this point I refuse to care anymore because of how draining were the last two months which only led up to disappointment.

And an E3 reveal would be a foolish knowing that it will be overshadowed by so many other games.

Edited by The Lazy Tactician

If (and a big if at that given how unpredictable Nintendo is) they reveal at E3, remember Fates was revealed during E3, was overshadowed at the event by other contendors and the result had no impact on the bottom line.  The only TBS contendors on the switch are Mario+Rabbids, Steamworld Heist, Disgaea, and Worms.  Nothing bad will happen if that’s what they do.

I’m certain communities for Metroid Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are reacting similarly to this one after the direct.

Nintendo has a long, long history of secrecy and releasing information on their own time and following their own schedule without consideration of the feedback, or the desires, of their communities.  Trawling for information from bad or misrepresenting sources, speculating, or doing anything other than waiting and finding something else to do will do nothing but drive you mad.

Guys, you had to wait almost 2 years between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, home console releases (the Switch is that with a portable option) take more time to cook than portable ones and IS hasn't worked on one in a damn long time (the only Nintendo-exclusive developer in a worse position in this regard is Gamefreak because they've flat out never developed something that isn't a portable game and guess who is also on complete radio silence), this wait is not really all that surprising. The announcement will be at E3 just like Fates was and then the hype train can begin.
Also I'm betting that this time they're aiming for worldwide release so that could be another reason for the lack of news.

Edited by Jackos

Fire Emblem Fates wasn‘t revealed at E3, but in a direct before. 

And I hope that we get something before E3, maybe in a Fire Emblem Direct or so. The direct wasn‘t bad, but I was still disappointed:(

Edited by Titania

4 hours ago, The Lazy Tactician said:

And an E3 reveal would be a foolish knowing that it will be overshadowed by so many other games.

Why would Fire Emblem be the one getting overshadowed? There are plenty of people excited for the series nowadays. The only games we know of that will likely be shown at E3 that may be bigger deals than an FE Switch reveal are Smash (obvious) and Metroid Prime 4 (arguable). There certainly are not "so many" other games that would overshadow it.