[FE8] Self-Randomizing Rom v1.3

circleseverywhere

2 hours ago, Vatiaure said:

I think I have a problem

Randomized FE8_1550430670383.png

Doesn't fix it, but if you want a work-around I found that backing out of that screen, starting the chapter, and entering the seed CXIH didn't crash the game. Item randomization and skills are still busted, but you can at least start the game.

Edited by minty

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pf987 said:

It doesn't work for me. It says there is no app present to open it.

You have to patch it to a rom before you can run it in a emulator. Get a clean FE8 rom and apply the download to the clean rom using this, https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/519/ . After that just plug it into your emulator. 

A quick question about weapons: are special effects randomized? For example, can the "eclipse" effect or "luna" effect get put onto other weapons? I got a devil axe in my run, and it could backfire as usual, but I was watching Mekkkah's self randomizer stream, and the runesword didn't self heal. If it matters, I was playing with weapon stats randomized. 

I don't know if it was patched in one of the updates (I'm on v1.1), or if it was intentional, but when you get to the route split (same seed) with character classes randomized (at the very least so far) Tana and Amelia have different classes. (for me, Tana was a Mauthedoog in Eirika route and a Wyvern rider in Ephraim route). Again, I don't know if this was intentional, what with all the other crap in this hack. 

Spoiler

SERIOUSLY HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE IT SO THAT A FILE WITH "Fir" AS ITS SEED REPLACE EVERY SPRITE WITH FIR.
LET 3 SAVE FILES ON ONE .sav FILE GET CHARACTERS WITH DIFFERENT GROWTHS AND WEAPON STATS ACROSS THEM.
CHANGE THE WHOLE F**KING BATTLE CALCULATION TO GO TO SINGLE RN.
AND... 
And ... and... all the other crazy shit that's in this one hack.

6 hours ago, Zonan said:

A quick question about weapons: are special effects randomized? For example, can the "eclipse" effect or "luna" effect get put onto other weapons? I got a devil axe in my run, and it could backfire as usual, but I was watching Mekkkah's self randomizer stream, and the runesword didn't self heal. If it matters, I was playing with weapon stats randomized. 

Not sure what was up with that but no. Weapon cost ,durability, range and effects aren't changed.

Hey there. Really enjoying the rom hack. Great to see a FE8 randomizer actually get cool palettes.

Wanted to bring a bug to the general attention. Starting at the Chapter "Landing at Taizel" on Eph's route, units start suffering random and massive debuffs. For example, when I hit "Fight" to start a new Chapter, Ephriam may lost 15 strength and speed, shown by little red numbers next to his stat line in his character page. Other units will start the map with half health, or simply have their health halved for the fight and are unable to be healed back up until after the chapter is done. This is all on the latest version of the patch. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be greatly appreciated as it's really hard to play the game when you don't know which of your units will be made useless during that chapter.

These debuffs also only seem to take affect during actual chapters, not Skirmishes in the field or Tower.

Hey so I noticed the same thing happening, at chapter 10 in Eirikas route some of my units gain massive debuffs in stats and some have their HP litteraly reduced by like 80%, so for example my myrmidon Tana had 27 HP but at chapter 10 she started with 11 base HP,  ive seen this happen before in other romhacks and i think, THINK, havent checked, that this may also occur in the lagdou ruins and the tower of valni floor 2 and upwards. Also is it just me or are Baguette and Gilliam always the same class. Like if Baguette gets randomized into a dancer so does my Gilliam.

Quick question: In one of my playtroughs i got Garcia as a Knight with Lumina as one of his skills (Allows the use of Light Magic). So i went and bought Lightning for him (Light rank E weapon), but it seems he cannot use it. what gives? am i missing something? xP

On 21/02/2019 at 2:54 AM, OmegaSamurai said:

"Highest magic rank"

Tell me, what is Garcia's highest magic rank in your run?

None.... I see the problem xD soooo well RIP Garcia skills. 

Meanwhile in another randomizer run: 

Garcia (again) the Light & Dark & Anime & Staff Sage. When you really need to cover all the weaknesses xD

52522682_349693028964624_2823049714096668672_n.png

On 21/02/2019 at 2:57 AM, Windy said:

How do you use the konami code?

in battle, press up ,up ,down , down ,left ,right ,left ,right ,B ,A and then START. You will then be able to control the enemyes and grren units on their turns. to turn it off, use the code again

2 hours ago, Tribute said:

Do journeymen not auto class up at 10?

I think units that randomize into journeyman, pupil, and recruit classes start off as the 2nd tier of the class. They'll act as a basic unit that will either promote into a normal promotion or the 3rd tier "Super Trainee". I think it has to do with the fact that the auto-promotion is triggered by a conversation after a mission, prior to reaching level 10. And since Ewen, Ross, and Amelia are the only trainees, the randomizer must be programmed to only randomize into 2nd tier trainees to avoid crashes or units that will stay stuck at level 10 and never be much help. That's just my guess anyway.

Edited by Windy

10 hours ago, Sythion said:

You buy buy door and chest keys in the battle preparation armory.

Rip all the chests i missed.

Also now im sitting her redoing the rng to not have Ephraim one shot by bolting before he can move

Hey, found a bug(or glitch, dont really know the difference) Ross randomized into a archer *Fast forward 3 chapters later* and I was arena abusing after leveling up to lv10 miraculously (randomized into himself) thief Colm, shaman Artur, and cavalier Moulder I was AAing Ross who had the skill Devils Pact: Immune to Devil Reversal. Curses the enemy with Devil Reversal. I didint notice since I dont look at the skills very much, I was fighting by this 70 hit rate 7 damage with 17 hp and me with a 76 hit rate and 14 hp and just and after me landing a hit and he missing....the mage died by reversal. Is this supposed to happen or is it a bug or glich or whatever? Edit: I kept playing and it only seems to happen with anima mages and in their second hit.

Edit 2:nvm it happens to other units too

Fire Emblem - the Sacred Stones # GBA.png

Edited by Arthur fan hack lover

Honestly im confused myself too, id have an explanation for that if I knew why it killed, I chose to randomize thieves.

anyways is that intentional or a glitch? am I just dumb? If you want proof i can just screenshot the data of Female archer Ross.

OBS: Im Brazilian so sorry for bad english