[FE8] Self-Randomizing Rom v1.3

circleseverywhere

So, I decided to try this out, so I made a file.

I discovered that my Eirika was randomized to a Horse healer.

Turns out the cutscene in the beginning requires her to retaliate against an attack.

This results in her healing the enemy.

FE8SR_1559349787078.png

The game doesn't like this, and is soft locked constantly healing him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I got Seth as a Recruit, which I though would be really nice seeing as I though I could promote him twice, but now I can't even promote him at all... Does he have to be level 20 or something? He's level 10 and I've tried both the Knight Crest and Master Seal and neither of them are usable...

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2019 at 6:23 PM, Ammonil said:

I got Seth as a Recruit, which I though would be really nice seeing as I though I could promote him twice, but now I can't even promote him at all... Does he have to be level 20 or something? He's level 10 and I've tried both the Knight Crest and Master Seal and neither of them are usable...

That's probably because Seth became the super recruit, which can't promote anymore iirc.

Greetings! I have been watching Ghast playing the Self-Randomizing FE8 recently, and I have started a run of my own, which I consider to be both cursed and blessed at the same time. It faces me which seemingly impossible walls, that can actually be worked around, like Grisly Wound on my mvp Erika lord Gilliam dealing 20% max hp after combat, makes dealing with capped def general bosses with seal strength doable (I had no mages).

But one thing that I find is missing from the options is randomized recruitment. I have researched for a way to randomize it, but I can't do it with yule, I have seen some discussion on this topic recently on reddit, but they didn't find solution either. Do you guys have any tips? I have some basic knowledge of FE Builder, but I'm mostly lost. Ghast didn't provide any info, he just said someone managed to combine two randomizers together, but how they did it I have no idea.

Alternatively, I considered messing with skill patch in FE Builder to recreate the experience on Yule randomized rom,  but then I lose on the self-randomizing part along with a slew of new issues, like having to change class skills - I really like that lords have capture here. Seems redundant, as Ghast have shown it can be done. Being able to randomize recruitment with this patch seems optimal.

I don't know if there are any plans to continue this project, but either way I feel like I should point this out. It seems that items don't actually drop if you kill them on enemy phase for some reason. It's easy enough to deal with, but I haven't seen anyone mention it so I think people should be aware of this at least. 

Also actual thing I think should be changed if this ever gets an update, I think it's pretty unclear how the Peak/Water Units option works. I was able to figure out what each option does but now that I know I have an issue with how misleading the Pure Random option sounds. Some people are inclined to pick that option since it sounds like it would cause wacky shenanigans but unless I'm mistaken it's the worst option and basically does nothing about units being trapped in non-traversable terrain. This gives the run a small chance of softlocking and a decent chance of just being annoyingly tedious forcing you to use shove chains. 

Edited by Ben Wagner

https://ibb.co/Pm5CKy7 

(Sry if image doesnt load was having trouble with it)

Ive been playing for a bit and ran down ephraims root now switching over to erikas though  on chapter 9 distant blade i finish all the enemies off and the map doesnt finish. So im stuck being able to move my characters around but i cant end the map and move on.

Edit:went back through it went and only did attacks and no skill uses and it worked. Overjoyed that i can keep my vannesa(great lord from lord with axe breaker) natasha(recruit to a palidan with hawkeye and axebreaker) and gilliam(wyvern rider with axebreaker). Just got tana as a mauthe doug with capped out spd to start

Edited by Qimear

On 2/9/2020 at 6:31 AM, ThorAlmighty said:

My Lord Eirika is a bard (a kick-butt one at that) but I can't promote her with master seal or guiding ring. Should I be able to or do I have to wait until that point in the story.

I'm in chapter 11 for reference.

Loving it so far! 

No you cant !. you cheat on the internet to change her to another mage class.

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I'm trying to figure out how to play this.

I'm trying to patch the randomizer into the game and I'm not doing so well.

Would be nice if someone helped me out a bit. I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff so it'd be nice if someone told me how to do everything from start to end.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:43 AM, zavinzag said:

so I've noticed that in a couple of my play throughs myrrh has 0 hp and def growth 

I have this problem before. I think u should patch the original rom again. Then played that new patched rom. The problem will solve. 

2 hours ago, mythical_legend said:

can you promote monster only classes? My neimi is wrecking house as killer tarvos (a minotaur) but i dont want to train her unless the randomizer allows her to transform into a Maeldiun

I'm pretty sure the monsters promote like any other class. Give neimi a Knights Crest and watch that Maelduin go on a killing spree.

Edited by Windy

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 12:35 PM, Failiee said:

ok so I'm trying to figure out how to play this.

I'm trying to patch the randomizer into the game and I'm not doing so well.

Would be nice if someone helped me out a bit. I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff so it'd be nice if someone told me how to do everything from start to end.

Can u do it now ?? If u still can, I would make a video to guide u, hope it would help

On 2/25/2020 at 5:16 AM, mythical_legend said:

can you promote monster only classes? My neimi is wrecking house as killer tarvos (a minotaur) but i dont want to train her unless the randomizer allows her to transform into a Maeldiun

On 2/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, Windy said:

I'm pretty sure the monsters promote like any other class. Give neimi a Knights Crest and watch that Maelduin go on a killing spree.

You can promote them, but as far as I can tell you can only use master seals on them, which is dumb, because monsters are already pretty bad. They really need normal promotion items and extra skills so they aren't so laughably inferior to normal classes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, Gin~G said:

Hay, was wondering if I can play this on "My Boy" the app for Android and how I would go about setting this up. is there any "How To" videos/ forums that someone could direct me to?

Patch a Sacred Stones rom and you're done. If you want to patch it from your android device use the app Unipatcher. It's very simple.