[FE8] Self-Randomizing Rom v1.3

circleseverywhere

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2020 at 12:19 AM, AlienBread said:

what happens if i promote a Pupil into a Pupil?

Pupil.PNG

It promotes into the super trainee class. Basically a pupil with increased bases and can use all the magic types. If I'm remembering right.

So, I just finished (unfortunately, by losing) a run using this randomizer. I was on Difficult mode, and for whatever reason, any time that an enemy unit would attack one of my units, hit or miss, if they died from me countering, my unit would then lose 20% of their maximum HP. This seemed to be a consistent thing, and it wasn't an enemy skill like Fury or Poison Strike or anything - this happened for every single enemy in the game. If I took out a unit on my own turn, this wouldn't happen - only if I was countering.

Is this some kind of glitch? I don't think this is a normal part of Sacred Stones' Difficult mode, and it's really made my runs go from "really challenging, but fun", to "absolutely frustrating, feeling like the game is fighting me rather than the AI."

Edit: Some other details, just in case they're needed;
- My variation was set to 100%
- My seed was AAAAAAAAA

I have no idea why either of these would cause this, but figured it was worth mentioning, in case it's part of either of those.

Edited by Blackbando

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hong Nhi said:

red.jpg.bb22dd2656db8d862650e87cc5b6f332.jpg

They can't move in the mountain. Is there a way that make them can move 1 tile or more like  brigard class ?

To do what you're asking, for the Peak/Water Units option you need to pick 1-Tile Move, don't ever pick Pure Random if you don't want units trapped in mountains. Limit Classes will just force them to be classes that are capable of traversing the terrain they start on, I.e. Fliers, brigands, pirates, etc.

Edited by Ben Wagner

1 hour ago, Ben Wagner said:

To do what you're asking, for the Peak/Water Units option you need to pick 1-Tile Move, don't ever pick Pure Random if you don't want units trapped in mountains. Limit Classes will just force them to be classes that are capable of traversing the terrain they start on, I.e. Fliers, brigands, pirates, etc.

thanks. 1 more problem... 

yellow.jpg.3b295bd327cce3563ec15ccfcbaae0e9.jpg

It seems like enemy units with the same class have the same skills .

Is there a way to make enemy units with the same class have different skills ?

On 5/17/2020 at 10:40 AM, Hong Nhi said:

thanks. 1 more problem... 

yellow.jpg.3b295bd327cce3563ec15ccfcbaae0e9.jpg

It seems like enemy units with the same class have the same skills .

Is there a way to make enemy units with the same class have different skills ?

I don't think so. But having to check literally every single unit for skills would be way too tedious to play anyway imo. 

Edited by Ben Wagner

54 minutes ago, Ben Wagner said:

I don't think so. But having to check literally every single unit for skills would be way too tedious to play anyway imo. 

nice to know that, thank you. 🙂 

• 3 weeks later...

Playing this in 2020, you still working on it? Few things so far on my first play through, btw awesome job. Lute is a journeyman and with master seal can only turn into a journeyman or straight hero, no big but I read it is hardcoded trainee classes for Amelia ross Ewan so is there no way I could have a lute as a journeyman-pirate?

also as far as secret game modes, I think I unlocked one? Not sure, I inputed a 16 slot character infinite move code into the game and I think it unlocked buffs after certain amount of moves or buffs to your second character slot? not sure but it deff seems like some secret mode you had mentioned, the 4 man renval takeover was a b*tch with orson as a zombie and everyone else mercenary and wyvern knights flying everywhere. Curious if this is still going!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, DahLemur said:

I succesfully patched it with unipatcher on my phone and for some reason my gba emulator cant read it. I played it before like a year ago and it didnt happen, does anyone know how to fix?

Yo what emulator you use man? Probably problem regarding your emulator bro. I use myboy and what I did to make it work is to put the rom and patch in the same folder and rename the ups file the same as the rom "Fire Emblem (USA, Australia)". I haven't tried naming it the other way around but it will still work probably. If that doesn't work patch the rom first on pc and copy it to your phone and use myboy instead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:46 PM, bloodclaw said:

This mod is amazing! OUt of curiosity, anybody know any fun seeds that spawn you with at least 1 monster class early on? I -really- wanna do a campaign with those as my party.

Code "Fir" gives you a monster of a surprise. Anyways, code "Halloween" gives you a Seth Entombed and Eirika Mouthe Doog, although, good luck hitting anything. Really, just, try random words and letters and you'll eventually find something.

• 1 month later...

Wow, just wow. This is just an amazing feat, and surprisingly extremely functional. Just finishing my first play-through.

Using my go to name (for great in-game dialog lol), "Dildo":

• Eirika
    • Mage >> Sage >> Great Lord
    • Still can upgrade to Great Lord end of Chapter 16. She kept her magic as well, and with the double promotion had insane stats by the end.
  • Seth
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Made the early game a breeze.
  • Moulder
    • Mauthe Doog >> Gwyllgi from Master Seal
    • You can swap animal weapons like bite--this was great and allowed me to give Joshua a "weapon" that would actually hit.
  • Joshua
    • Tarvos >> Maelduin from Master Seal
  • Lute
    • Cavalier >> Great Knight
  • Vanessa
    • Bonewalker >> Wight from Master Seal
  • Innes
    • Rogue
  • Ross
    • Bard
  • Garcia:
    • Lord >> Great Lord
  • Dozla
    • Bishop
  • Ephraim
    • Peg Knight >> Great Lord
    • Still can upgrade to Great Lord end of Chapter 16.
  • Knoll
    • Sage
  • Saleh
    • Wight

Can't wait to try another play through with a different name. Really the idea of seeding characters by name is just brilliant.

Edited by zvxr

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 11:55 AM, Yakubo said:

İt seems that when you turn off the playable monsters, the game only randomizes to a few classes. I am not so sure about it, but both gilliam and franz randomize to erika's randomized class.

same issue here, tried a couple times and yeah; gilliam & franz will be same class as eirika