Misc. Writings

Freezerburn

I'm Oz. I like to write. I'm going to school for it. I have an ao3! I do commissions, too. My info is in my signature.

This is an Ike/Summoner (from Heroes) support. [Y/N] means your name, since the summoner is like an insert of the player? I guess. The support is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

C - RANK
[y/n]: What to do? What to do…? The east or the west?

Ike:  [y/n].

[y/n]: Gahh! Ike! Speak up next time. You scared me.

Ike: I did speak up. You were too absorbed in your work to realize.

[y/n]: I can’t say you’re wrong, Ike. Sorry about that. I’ll do my best to pay more attention in the future. What can I do for you?

Ike: Soren told me you were having a rough time. I came to see if you were doing alright. You’re our head tactician, so if you exhaust yourself we’ll be down a man.

[y/n]: That’s… sweet of you, Ike. But I’ll be fine.

Ike: Soren also said you were “stubbornly refusing to take a rest”. His words, not mine. I know how crabby he can get, but he knows what he’s talking about. You’ve been kind enough to lead the army even though your world has been untouched by the war. Letting you rest is the least we can do.

[y/n]: It’s not that simple. I mean--I appreciate your concern. But two of our scouts have sent in conflicting reports. Sending a reply to them by mail would take too long. I need to send two soldiers to each scout to see who is right. And that means our numbers will lessen even more.

Ike: Did Soren tell you to send the troops he thinks are most expendable?

[y/n]: Yes. And I can’t stand that method of thinking. War isn’t ever without death, but even our ‘expendable’ soldiers can grow and become stronger. 

Ike: I can go, then.

[y/n]: Absolutely not. You’re not weak and you’re not expendable. We need you here in case we get attacked. There is no guarantee if the enemy knows where our headquarters is.

Ike: You have both Xander and Frederick stationed here, at the moment. Not to mention the other mages who can hold their own. I assure you, I’ll be fine. 

[y/n]: Even if I keep saying ‘no’, you’ll definitely just go on your own. Right?

Ike: …

[y/n]: You’re cleared to go, then. Just take a few soldiers with you. Include a cleric in your group. If you die, I won’t forgive you.

Ike: I’ll come back safe and sound, [y/n].

B - RANK
[y/n]: Ike, are you in here?

Ike: Yep. Safe and sound, [y/n].

[y/n]: It pains me to admit I was wrong--

Ike: I’m well aware. You and Soren are very alike, in that way.

[y/n]: Don’t make me regret what I’m about to say! …I guess I underestimated you, Ike. That was wrong of me. I’m glad that you’re back, safe and sound.

Ike: I’m glad to be back, and still alive. But, I’ve been thinking over our conversation from the other day. You need to be less hesitant with deploying our forces.

[y/n]: I...I’m listening.

Ike: Thank you.

[y/n]: …

Ike: …

[y/n]: ...Get on with it.

Ike: Sorry. I’m not used to you taking advice from others. It’s exactly how I said, though. You’re not a seasoned strategist like Soren or Robin. You’ve been learning from them, but don’t forget that I’ve also lead an army. You can’t be afraid to use the resources that you have. Every soldier here was summoned, yes, but they joined our cause willingly. You can’t keep everyone safe.

[y/n]: I wish I could… You’re right. I know you are. But I can’t stand the idea of losing any of the friends I’ve made here. Even the soldiers I don’t know well have friends and family back at home.

Ike: Being a leader is a heavy burden [y/n]. I don’t envy you. I’m here if you ever need advice. Or someone to talk to. 

[y/n]: You’re a good listener, Ike. Thank you.

A - RANK
[y/n]: ...Ike?

Ike: You actually came. 

[y/n]: Of course I did! I may be stubborn, but I’m not stupidly bullheaded. Geez-just when I work up the courage to actually come talk to you, you have to go take the wind out of my sails--

Ike: [y/n]. Sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. 

[y/n]: ...Yeah. I should have known that. You aren’t a mean person. I just wanted to ask you about something. Y’know, involving the whole army leading thing. There’s been something on my mind, and it’s been bugging me nonstop.

Ike: I’m all ears, [y/n]. 

[y/n]: I’ve made so many friends here. I really care for each and every one of them. But I’m leading them into battles, Ike. Every time I sit down at my desk, I’m taking their lives in my hands. This is war. There’s going to be a time where someone doesn’t come back, a time where it’s my fault because I slipped up. I’m going to cause someone to lose their life, and the thought of it just makes me want to push everyone else away--

Ike: [y/n]--

[y/n]: Everyone here looks out for each other during battle. We have lot of strong fighters. But no one is invincible. There’s going to be a misstep that causes someone to lose their life. It’s going to devastated everyone around them. It’s going to hurt, and what if I can’t come back from it--?

Ike: [y/n].

[y/n]: -Wheeze- …

Ike: Better?

[y/n]: Yeah--but your arms are really tight around me and I’m losing air. 

Ike: Sorry. 

[y/n]: No! It’s fine. It helped. I liked it?

Ike: I’m glad. About everything you said… I don’t know if I have an answer for it, yet. Give me a few days, alright?

S - RANK
Ike: [y/n], you here? I have an answer for you.

[y/n]: I’m here! Good morning, Ike.

Ike: You’re always at your desk, huh?

[y/n]: Only when I have to be! Which is a lot. You should come see me in the sparring fields when you get the chance.

Ike: Believe me, I will. As for your problem… it’s unreasonable to expect everything to end perfectly. You’re never going be able to control the outcome of every battle. That’s something you need to accept. While you are the one who’s giving out the commands, everyone has a duty to keep their wits about them during a fight. While tacticians are capable of making mistakes, not every mistake made by someone under their command is their fault.

[y/n]:...

Ike: You can’t control everything that happens in your life. But you shouldn’t let that stand in the way of you truly living. You’re sharp, compassionate, and you’re willing to do anything to further our cause. But sometimes your compassion gets in the way of your effectiveness as a strategist. You just have a lot to learn.

[y/n]: ...It really hurts to think that someone could die because of me. But I guess pushing everyone away wouldn’t really help, huh?

Ike: You can’t avoid making mistakes. But you can learn from them. 

[y/n]: Yeah, you’re right. As much as it pains me to admit it. I can’t save everyone. That’s just my burden, huh?

Ike: It is. Just because it’s your burden doesn’t mean others can’t help you shoulder it, [y/n]. You should let others help you more often. 

[y/n]: I get that--but everyone is always so busy--

Ike: I’m right here, [y/n]. I’m at your beck and call, just like everyone else here. Even so… I can’t help but want more than that.

[y/n]: Ike, what’re you saying…? Just spit it out.

Ike: I’ve fallen in love with you. You’re kind and passionate about everything you do. You help others no matter what, even those who have wronged you in the past. Even your stubbornness is cute--

[y/n]: That’s enough! I’ve--I’ve heard enough, Ike. 

Ike: Why are you covering your face like that? Aren’t you the one who wanted me to ‘spit it out’?

[y/n]: I thought I was prepared, but I wasn’t! I really do like you and maybe the reason I was hesitant to let you go meet the scout was because I didn’twanttoloseyou--

Ike: You won’t lose me .I think you’d have an aneurysm if I go anywhere anytime soon, so I’ll be staying right here.

[y/n]: It’s really reassuring to hear you say that. Even the aneurysm part. I just want you to stay alive. Just-just don’t go running off on your own again, okay? I love you.

Ike: I hardly thought I would be saying this to anyone during the middle of a war. But here goes, I love you. Don’t ever think you’d be better off alone.

Edited by Freezerburn

• 2 weeks later...