Who should write a Fire Emblem game?

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi
23 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Ken Yokoyama, according to Wikipedia.

It'd be nice if he could make a return. To quote myself earlier Which I really hope doesn't count as spam, I got a warning for that earlier. vvvv

Whoever's writing FE Switch I hope we can get a different kind of story than "Evil people want to summon a god/dragon to do bad stuff".

I don't mind the magic legendary weapon stuff but even if Fire Emblem is fantasy, sometimes I think it'd do better for the story to be a little more realistic when it comes to the conflict. That way we end up with less "I'm evil because I'm possessed or some shit" villains like Garon and more that are driven by their own motivation.

Hard to give antagonists depth when they have literally no control of their actions and aren't even themselves anymore, that's what killed Garon's potential and made him a joke and it's one of several reasons why Anankos is my least favorite Fire Emblem antagonist bar none.

While Radiant Dawn DID have a goddess appear, Path of Radiance's main antagonist was motivated by his own ideals rather than being corrupted or manipulated via possession and I liked that. While Ike and Ashnard were more on the simple side when it came to protag and antag Fire Emblem's never been known for complexity anyhow I've heard I still thought they were better than the best of what Fates had to offer.

It just seems like a lame cop out to have the main antagonist not be in control of themselves, sometimes it's even used as an excuse for them to not have any depth and when the TRUE mastermind is revealed it turns out they're equally one sided if not more.

Plus Tellius has easily the best worldbuilding.

Edited by Dreamyboi
Added arrows to clarify that I'm quoting myself, that's all.