This Feels Wrong

I was looking to see if Rune Factory 4 finally dropped in price- the game never has and never will it seems. I'd be fine buying it for like $20, but $30 not so much. I don't think the game has ever had an eShop sale either.

Anyhow, I decided to look up what the characters look like for once, in particular the Bachelors since this game was only the second in the series to have them. And then I spotted this:

latest?cb=20140323020452

Awww, he looks so cute, so innocent! I'd date him.

-Wait, what did you think!?!:wtf:

He's so young. Kiel does not look like he should be dateable at all! But at the same time the cuteness, which is the wrong type of cuteness to marry, is drawing me to him! 

Is this what it feels like to be a Nowi fan? No nononononono IO, don't! Think of Zaid, stare your mind into those silver eyes you've fantasized about! He's the right kind of cute to wed! Or Russell or Kyle or Bismarck or Barret. Not Kiel! Zaiiiiddd!

SudbwsjfwjgZaid-chan

Much better! 

RF has always had "children" characters, with Cecilia and Nicholas in the original and at least one kid in every game hence (ToD had the worse duo). But you could never marry them. -Well Frontier let you marry the Irises, but they're long lived vampires as well. And now that I think about it, Sakuya in 3 looks rather young- but her business acumen actually made me kind of forget that you can marry her (her shop sells a random assortment every day of anything you've sold at least once- including rare monster drops- very useful). And actually, Violet in ToD looks too young now that I also seriously consider it....

But RF4 has no dedicated "child" characters who you can't marry. And it looks to me like they made Kiel and Amber (a loli), the two characters who look like they'd be the child characters, into marriage candidates, presumably because without them you'd only have 5 bachelor/ettes to pick from for Frey/Lest. That and the children just kinda existed in every other game not 2, and they kinda taunted you with wanting Candy in Frontier (she can randomly call you a pervert and appear in her swimsuit in a winter festival), and they made a grown and mature Cecilia a marriage candidate in RF2.

...They should've invented an official special form of bond with one particular character you just want to be platonic with. I want to be Kiel's new big sister, not his wife! Not having that is abusing my admiration for innocence and nonsexual cuteness and annoyingly misleading it into totally inappropriate marriage.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

15 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

On the subject of bachelors/bachelorettes in RF4, why the hell isn't Illuminata able to be married?

Every game in the series taunts you with ladies you just can't marry because they're mothers most of the time.

Sabrina, Tanya, Ganesha, Rita, Shino, Evelyn (she isn't even a mother in any way- just Sofia's big sister), Jocelyn.

47 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

On the subject of bachelors/bachelorettes in RF4, why the hell isn't Illuminata able to be married? Also Forte is and always will be best gril. 

Maybe she was at some point in developtment? Like, for what else she has nightwear and swimwear like the other marriageable candidates...? Inb4...

Or maybe they thought just one elf was enough... like how there's only one marriageable dwarf (Doug)...

Yeah, both Kiel and Amber were two characters that made me go "why can you marry them". I mean, i placed both of them at 13 but they still look very young. Curse you, anime age logic.

Minor spoilers for the game

Spoiler

They at least try to justify Amber with the classic "she may look young but she's actually 100 years old" excuse iirc.

I could be wrong but for the most part, there doesn't seem to be any canonical ages for characters unless it's specifically mentioned.

46 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Also Forte is and always will be best gril. 

That's a real funny way to spell Clorica.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Every game in the series taunts you with ladies you just can't marry because they're mothers most of the time.

Sabrina, Tanya, Ganesha, Rita, Shino, Evelyn (she isn't even a mother in any way- just Sofia's big sister), Jocelyn.

I guess she does look after Amber, but it's not like she has to stop. Oh well.