My Proposed Voice Cast for a Potential Tellius Remake

I personally loved a lot of the stuff Shadows of Valentia did, and even though I think they'll probably remake Binding Blade next, I'd love to see IS try their hand at a Tellius remake. A remake would give them a chance to fix some of the problems of the originals. (Supports, underdeveloped characters, etc.) A huge problem they could fix would be the voice acting. Even the most die-hard of old-school fans would probably admit that the voice acting of the Tellius duology... wasn't perfect. And I thought it was awesome that Shadows of Valentia was fully voiced, so I think the Tellius games, having a very epic story, deserve the same treatment. So I'd like to propose a voice cast I've thought up in case we ever see the remake(s). It includes a lot of actors that have been in FE before, along with a couple of newbies to the series. These probably aren't the best choices for the characters (Heck, I'd be surprised if even ONE of these turns out to be right someday.), they're just my personal favorite picks. Two notes: a * means that the actor has already been chosen through Heroes, and I'm only including playable characters and ones notable in the story. Anyways, here ya go!

Ike-Greg Chun* 

Titania-Misty Lee*

Oscar-Bryce Papenbrook*

Boyd-Johnny Yong Bosch

Rhys-Lucien Dodge

Shinon-Doug Erholtz

Gatrie-Vic Mignogna

Soren-Kyle McCarley*

Mia-Erica Mendez (The only Heroes voice I'm changing. Sorry, Lani Minella fans!)

Illyana-Tia Ballard

Mist-Sarah Anne Williams*

Rolf-Lindsay Seidel

Marcia-Kira Buckland

Lethe-Erica Lindbeck

Mordecai-Imari Williams

Volke-Ray Chase

Kieran-Ian Sinclair

Brom-Sean Chiplock

Nephenee-Julie Anne Taylor*

Zihark-Ben Diskin

Sothe-Nicholas Roye*

Jill-Brina Palencia

Astrid-Christina Vee

Makalov-Mick Wingert

Tormod-Chris Hackney

Muarim-Josh Grelle

Stefan-Marc Diraison

Devdan/Danved-Lex Lang

Tanith-Carrie Keranen

Reyson-Xander Mobus

Janaff-Micah Solusod

Ulki-Edward Bosco

Calill-Alexis Tipton

Tauroneo-Michael McConnohie

Haar-Keith Silverstein

Ranulf-Dave Vincent

Bastian-Josh Grelle

Lucia-Trina Nishimura

Geoffery-Grant George

Largo-Kyle Herbert

Elincia-Amanda Celine Miller*

Nasir-J. Michael Tatum

Ena-Marcella Lentz-Pope

Tibarn-Patrick Seitz

Naesala-Eric Vale

Giffca-D.C. Douglas

Ashnard-Kent Williams

Bryce-Keith Silverstein

Oliver-Richard Epcar*

Petrine-Colleen Clickenbeard

Shiharam-Doug Stone

Greil-Imari Williams

Caineghis-Darin De Paul

Dheginsea-Chris Sabat

Sigrun-Monica Rial

Sanaki-Erin Fitzgerald*

Leanne-Heather Watson

Sephiran-Michael Sinterniklaas

Nealuchi-Sean Chiplock

Kurthnaga-Mark P. Whitten

Gareth-Jamieson Price

Bertram/Renning-Peter Lurie

The Black Knight/Zelgius-Robert Clotworthy*

Micaiah-Veronica Taylor*

Edward-Aaron Dismuke

Leonardo-Chris Patton

Nolan-Christopher Corey Smith

Laura-Cassandra Lee Morris

Aran-Taliesin Jaffe

Meg-Erika Harlatcher

Volug-Doug Erholtz

Fiona-Lauren Landa

Vika-Hunter Mackenzie Austin

Nailah-Caitlin Glass

Rafiel-Edward Bosco

Heather-Erin Fitzgerald

Kyza-Xander Mobus

Lyre-Carrie Keranen

Skrimir-Kaiji Tang

Pelleas-Todd Haberkorn

Jarod-D.C Douglas

Ludveck-Matt Mercer

Valtome-Lex Lang

Numida-Christopher Corey Smith

Izuka-Derek Stephen Prince

Lekain-John Swasey

Hetzel-Kirk Thornton

Levail-Robbie Daymond

Almedha-Marisha Ray

Yune-Veronica Taylor

Ashera-Laura Post

Ashunera-Monica Rial

And there you have it! Again, these are just my guesses as to who would voice these characters, and it's totally fine to disagree. Sorry if this post took up too much space or if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post. Anyway, I'd love to hear any thoughts in the replies! Thank you for tuning in!

Edited by Ragnellius

I'm actually not that knowledgeable on voice actors, so I can't really comment on your choices, but I'd love to see a remake with everything voice acted!

I don't know that much about the Tellius games so I can's say personally if your actor choices fit the character, but what I do know is that you've got a really strong line up talented Actors and Actresses so I trust your judgement.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

15 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Why not whoever did Dunban in Xenoblade 1 as Bastian? I can see Bastian with a deep British accent.

Yeah, he'd be pretty fitting too! That game was dubbed by a British company, though. So unless they decide to dub the next FE game for whatever reason, I don't see that happening, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Ragnellius said:

Yeah, he'd be pretty fitting too! That game was dubbed by a British company, though. So unless they decide to dub the next FE game for whatever reason, I don't see that happening, unfortunately.

I definitely notice all the British accents. "Ree sursh", "cahnt", "mers naries". It sounds off to me sometimes but it allows me to picture Dunban turning into the posh Brit from that one Gabriel Eglasias sketch on British people when he's drunk (This is a remarkable establishment, just marvelous, I love the decor, who cuts your grass?) so I don't mind it one bit lol.

I'll also suggest Melia's VA for Sanaki. Maybe Elincia? I think she'd fit Sanaki better though.

I don't see why it couldn't happen? Dubbing is basically voice acting, right?

3 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Dubbing is basically voice acting, right?

No, dubbing is changing the voices to a language other than the original one. So in this case changing the Japanese to English.

I think Kyle Hebert (it's not Herbert) would fit Gatrie or Skrimir better than Largo. Though I say Skrimir should keep the voice he had in RD. That one was spectacular.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, dubbing is changing the voices to a language other than the original one. So in this case changing the Japanese to English.

I think Kyle Hebert (it's not Hebert) would fit Gatrie or Skrimir better than Largo. Though I say Skrimir should keep the voice he had in RD. That one was spectacular.

Yeah, I spelled it wrong, sorry about that.

Skrimir's original voice wasn't that bad. I think Kaiji Tang could get down the young and brash nature of him, a bit like his voice for Shiro, but a bit deeper. The voice he used for the character he played in Kill la Kill I could see coming out of Skrimir. Who do you think would be a good choice for Largo?

Edited by Ragnellius

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so like they do with anime? Technically this would be dubbing too, FE is from Japan and they have to dub English voices.

Still possible to bring in the Brits. I wanna hear Dunban speak Shakespeare lol. His VA would be perfect for Bastian.

Have Bastian wound his arm too

Edited by Dragoncat

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Oh, so like they do with anime?

Still possible to bring in the Brits. I wanna hear Dunban speak Shakespeare lol. His VA would be perfect for Bastian.

Have Bastian wound his arm too

Well, Shulk still got a British accent in Smash 4, so yeah, definitely possible.

5 minutes ago, Ragnellius said:

Yeah, I spelled it wrong, sorry about that.

Skrimir's original voice wasn't that bad. I think Kaiji Tang could get down the young and brash nature of him, a bit like his voice for Shiro, but a bit deeper. The voice he used for the character he played in Kill la Kill I could see coming out of Skrimir.

Maybe, I guess. I dunno though.

I would just really like to see Kyle Hebert and Travis Willingham voice somebody not real minor in Tellius. lol Kyle Hebert is amazing, I would've never guessed that he did Validar and Bartre after listening to Frederick so much lol. And Travis Willingham just has a sexy voice.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Shulk still got a British accent in Smash 4, so yeah, definitely possible.

Maybe, I guess. I dunno though.

I would just really like to see Kyle Hebert and Travis Willingham voice somebody not real minor in Tellius. lol Kyle Hebert is amazing, I would've never guessed that he did Validar and Bartre. And Travis Willingham just has a sexy voice.

Ikr? I still can't tell it's Hebert when he's doing Validar.

And yeah, Travis Willingham's voice is awesome. He didn't come back to do Zeke in Echoes, even though Willingham did his alter-ego Camus in Heroes. I hope he's not done with the franchise or something, he's a great actor.

2 minutes ago, Ragnellius said:

Ikr? I still can't tell it's Hebert when he's doing Validar.

And yeah, Travis Willingham's voice is awesome. He didn't come back to do Zeke in Echoes, even though Willingham did his alter-ego Camus in Heroes. I hope he's not done with the franchise or something, he's a great actor.

Yeah! And he makes Frederick sound so sexy and fitting to me. Nobody could possibly do Frederick and his super serious but polite personality any better!

Yeah, I hope Willingham comes back to voice Camus or someone in some other FE appearance.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah! And he makes Frederick sound so sexy and fitting to me. Nobody could possibly do Frederick and his super serious but polite personality any better!

Yeah, I hope Willingham comes back to voice Camus or someone in some other FE appearance.

I can tell by your art down there that you really like Frederick. XD He's great, I love his victory cutscene in Warriors, always makes me smile.

3 minutes ago, Ragnellius said:

I can tell by your art down there that you really like Frederick. XD He's great, I love his victory cutscene in Warriors, always makes me smile.

Oh yes, I absolutely adore and love him ever since I made my Robin support and marry him in Awakening! XD I love that victory scene too. XD Always a pebble for him to pick up somewhere even though it's...technically too big to be a pebble. lol I also love his boss cutscene. Rearing back on his horse and then coming down with a BANG is awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

I like most of the cast, but I would change Ranulf’s voice actor to Robbie Daymond. He fits Ranulf’s carefree personality more and can still sound pretty smooth like in the Radiant Dawn. I think Lucien Dodge would be better for Levail, making him sound more naive.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

I like most of the cast, but I would change Ranulf’s voice actor to Robbie Daymond. He fits Ranulf’s carefree personality more and can still sound pretty smooth like in the Radiant Dawn. I think Lucien Dodge would be better for Levail, making him sound more naive.

Ooh, I never though of that! Good picks! :) Rhys was one of the hardest characters to pick, honestly. Who do you think could play him?

4 minutes ago, Ragnellius said:

Ooh, I never though of that! Good picks! :) Rhys was one of the hardest characters to pick, honestly. Who do you think could play him?

Rhys is need calm and gentle, but not really meek voice, so I think Sam Riegel might be a good pick, like a softer Stahl, or his Arthur voice from Rune Factory 4.

7 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I'll be honest, I don't know who Josh Grelle is, but I feel like Cam Clarke would make a good Bastion.

I thought about putting Cam Clarke in there (I was thinking Leonardo just to be funny. XD), cause I really like him. I just couldn't find a spot that I thought fit. I could see him as Bastian, though. :)

Josh Grelle's never been in FE before, but he does a lot of anime. He was Sadou in The Devil is a Part-Timer, Issei in season 3 of High School DxD, and Armin in Attack on Titan. The guy has a pretty good range, that's why I picked him for both Muarim and Bastian.

I honestly think Elincia's VA should change. I love Amanda C. Miller, but her voice does not suit Elincia. It's a bit too deep and all I see when ever I here her in Heroes is Sully and Sailor Jupiter. Personally I think Karen Strassmen (Anna and Olivia's VA) would be a better choice since, as shown with Olivia, she is able to do act meek and shy, but also strong and determined, which is literally Elinica.

I know it's not gonna change if we do get a Tellius remake with full VA, but I can dream.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

I honestly think Elincia's VA should change. I love Amanda C. Miller, but her voice does not suit Elincia. It's a bit too deep and all I see when ever I here her in Heroes is Sully and Sailor Jupiter. Personally I think Karen Strassmen (Anna and Olivia's VA) would be a better choice since, as shown with Olivia, she is able to do act meek and shy, but also strong and determined, which is literally Elinica.

I know it's not gonna change if we do get a Tellius remake with full VA, but I can dream.

Elincia's voice is gonna take some getting used to for me. I just feel like the voice should be a bit higher pitched. I didn't change her because the acting itself is fine, unlike Mia where the deliveries are all over the place. But if I had to change it, I might go with Eden Riegel, since Sumia's personality and voice reminds me of Elincia in some ways.