How's the FE Switch wait so far?

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi

Just a dumb question I felt like asking everyone. What are your thoughts and/or worries for FE Switch (or lack there of in this case)? 

Guest Dreamyboi

Just so we're clear this is less a "What are your predictions?" post and more of a "Your thoughts on the fact that there's still fuck all to talk about." post. Though, I wont consider it off topic if we go into hopes and predictions. That's also an option.

It certainly beats scrounging for details that turn out to be false weeks later.

I'm an American Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy fan, so you'd have to fuck up pretty bad to get me to be too upset about waiting for a game. This yearish is child's play. If it's 2028 and we still know jack all about the game, maybe then I'll be mad.

Until then, I'll just be doing other things. Like hating work, listening to/playing new music and playing anything else.

Edited by Slumber

Can't say it's a big deal. I have so many things in life to wait and to look out for that this is just a drop in the bucket. Not seeing the game in the Direct was disappointing but the disappointment lasted for a whole minute, then I moved on to other things.

Not worried.  Considering we got

Fire Emblem Echoes

Fire Emblem Heroes 

Fire Emblem Warriors all just last year

The year before also Fire Emblem fates NA and EU all released.

If anything the Fire Emblem franchise has gotten it very lucky for just the last 2 years.

I'm fine honestly. Especially considering the fact that we live in a world where Smash is being announced and released within the same year and even without that, there's enough stuff being added to Xenoblade 2 via free updates and DLC to keep me occupied while i wait. 

Not really worried. I won't be buying the switch and therefore won't play this title anyways. Mostly curious towards how heavily it will try to appeal to Awakening/Fates fans vs older fans and how much it will try to do it's own thing instead. And following up on that I'm curious to see how well it's received as these 2 questions combined matter for (hopefully) future titles which I might buy. Either way, I can wait.

Also, is it just me or are you guys feeling less excitement for this game overall compared to previous titles or is this just because not much is known yet? I'm saying this because I'm getting the idea that a large amount of people don't really care about this title (me included I guess)

On a side note, I agree with the people saying we already got really lucky the last couple of years.

If there's a reason FE16 is not announced while so many other games have, then I'm willing to wait for it.

Shoving the reference aside, I dabble in plenty of different series, so yeah, I can distract myself while waiting. Plus, I don't have (or need) a Switch (yet).

Edited by Purple Mage

I'm starting to think the 2018 release date is a lie... I find it hard to grasp that it could be true when they're *still* withholding info from us. Anyway, I'm more concerned with other games at the moment.

3 hours ago, athena_57 said:

Also, is it just me or are you guys feeling less excitement for this game overall compared to previous titles or is this just because not much is known yet? I'm saying this because I'm getting the idea that a large amount of people don't really care about this title (me included I guess)

I would assume you're right. Kinda hard to get excited over a game that we still know nothing about when it was announced about a year ago, no?

I'm a little disappointed/annoyed that we didn't get any information on the game in the last direct, as it would have been a convenient time to reveal it, but it was more of an "oh well" moment than anything else. Otherwise, I'm okay with waiting. As others have brought up, there are more than enough distractions in the world to keep me busy until they finally show it.

I do have some hopes and concerns about the game being revealed/expanded upon at E3, however.

If we are talking about worries, I'm worried that the game will become Fates-2. FE 16 could potentially be 14 again but even worse, and that's a problem. Due to 14's success, we could see the death knell of the series as we know it. More unnecessary pandering to the player and well more incestual cow women. I'm also a bit worried about difficulty, 14 was very easy for me, 15 was a lot better where it felt actually balanced. If the game was more like 15, I really wouldn't complain at all. 

With all the leaks and stuff like that I'm a bit worried of how well this game will be received. The game could well end up being like FE10 or like 14, there is too little to go off of and people (me included) are being too negative about all of this. 

Similarly to slumber, I have dealt with worse, etrian odyssey 5 was the worst I've ever had to deal with because that was over a year before they localized it, I could have pirated it faster than it took for an official release, at least I don't have anything to long for at this point other than ideas that will never be used in a modern fire emblem, in EO5's case I had a number of images and videos to look at which only made the wait all the more insufferable knowing that importing would be a more reasonable option, then by the time it was released, the hype was dead, I still got it day one, but I have yet to complete it.

Guest Dreamyboi

Well, glad too see it isn't bothering many people as much as it's getting on my own nerves. 

Gonna go play Xenoblade 1 in the meantime.

When the game was first announced back in the Jan ‘17 direct, I half-expected this would happen. The last five FE games have all been mobile; translating the game onto a more advanced system like the switch cannot be easy, and I suspect this is the reason they are silent about it, even past a time when it would be convenient to release it. 

Fine, it's barely been any time (only like a little over a year or so), they said it's coming this year, and there's really no rush considering there's been Fire Emblem overload lately (what with Heroes, Warriors, and Echoes coming out pretty recently, and TMS#FE and Fates before that, not to mention side-stuff like Fire Emblem Cipher). I'd say the bare minimum time-frame for reasonably being a little worried or upset would be 2019 (so if they don't say *anything* about FE this year, sure, that'd be pretty weird), but I could easily wait until 2020 for the game itself to be localized.

2 hours ago, Kazuya said:

If we are talking about worries, I'm worried that the game will become Fates-2. FE 16 could potentially be 14 again but even worse, and that's a problem. Due to 14's success, we could see the death knell of the series as we know it. More unnecessary pandering to the player and well more incestual cow women. I'm also a bit worried about difficulty, 14 was very easy for me, 15 was a lot better where it felt actually balanced. If the game was more like 15, I really wouldn't complain at all. 

With all the leaks and stuff like that I'm a bit worried of how well this game will be received. The game could well end up being like FE10 or like 14, there is too little to go off of and people (me included) are being too negative about all of this. 

I could think of worse. Like throwing in unnecessary gimmicks that just make the game hard to play *cough Genealogy of the Holy War hack*.

24 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I could think of worse. Like throwing in unnecessary gimmicks that just make the game hard to play *cough Genealogy of the Holy War hack*.

I don't remember FE4 having any gimmicks, FE5 did but there were ways around fatigue. 

9 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

I don't remember FE4 having any gimmicks, FE5 did but there were ways around fatigue. 

The pawn shop and individual money aren't gimmicks? Because they certainly look that way to me. As for FE5, fatigue is a major issue, but I don't deem it to be what makes it unplayable - that goes to healing staves being able to miss.

10 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The pawn shop and individual money aren't gimmicks? Because they certainly look that way to me. As for FE5, fatigue is a major issue, but I don't deem it to be what makes it unplayable - that goes to healing staves being able to miss.

Individual money isn't really a gimmick but the pawn shop is sort of kinda sort of kind of one. 

I do not mind, I still have not completed 2 fates paths or echoes or even started anything older than awakening, plus I have been having a lot of fun playing heroes, tms, and warriors on the side. I have plenty to keep myself occupied through the wait. Most importantly I want a great game that is a critical and commercial success to release so the franchise is not in a 'this may be the last game due to lack of series success' situation ever again.