How's the FE Switch wait so far?

Guest Dreamyboi

Last year I thought it was obvious that they weren't giving us any information because they already had three Fire emblem titles that they didn't want to distract us from. It made sense for FE Switch to be revealed only after those games were all released. But now all three games are out so I'm left wondering why they aren't revealing the game already. Its not like the release lineup of this year is all that impressive. We got ports and a Smash game that may end up being a port too and will most definitely not be released in 2018 if its not a port. 

The feeling I get is that they aren't showing us anything because they don't really have anything worth showing as of yet and that makes me worry about the release date. If its first shown at E3 it makes sense that it will be released some months after its reveal with the west and especially Europe having to wait a few months longer then Japan. This makes a December or 2019 release unfortunately plausible. 

Pretty good playing stuff in the mean time (Non FE). I wish for a follow-up of last years FE direct but that's sadly unlikely but a FE16 focus direct before its release has a very good chance though.

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

19 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Last year I thought it was obvious that they weren't giving us any information because they already had three Fire emblem titles that they didn't want to distract us from. It made sense for FE Switch to be revealed only after those games were all released. But now all three games are out so I'm left wondering why they aren't revealing the game already. Its not like the release lineup of this year is all that impressive. We got ports and a Smash game that may end up being a port too and will most definitely not be released in 2018 if its not a port. 

The feeling I get is that they aren't showing us anything because they don't really have anything worth showing as of yet and that makes me worry about the release date. If its first shown at E3 it makes sense that it will be released some months after its reveal with the west and especially Europe having to wait a few months longer then Japan. This makes a December or 2019 release unfortunately plausible. 

Glad I'm not the only one who's thinking there's a good chance that the 2018 release date might be false. You have a point, as well; I'd have expected something on it now that there are no other FE games waiting for release, but we instead got nothing, which I find concerning.

47 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

If I could hold out for an announcement for Shenmue 3 - which honestly had about a snowball's chance in hell to even be conceived - I know I can endure anything FE Switch can dish out. 

Far as I'm concerned, once I saw that Ryo Hazuki was in Project X Zone 2, I had thoughts in the back of my head that there was a chance for another Shenmue game.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Glad I'm not the only one who's thinking there's a good chance that the 2018 release date might be false. You have a point, as well; I'd have expected something on it now that there are no other FE games waiting for release, but we instead got nothing, which I find concerning.

Possibly they are waiting for the awakening warriors DLC before anything on FE16.

Guest Dreamyboi

I wonder what their plan is for this.

Are they taking extra time to polish the game and work on the story?

Is it already finished and they just think it's smart to surprise us later?

Is the game unfinished and need the release date to be pushed back?

What is the strategy here?

2 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

I wonder what their plan is for this.

Are they taking extra time to polish the game and work on the story?

Is it already finished and they just think it's smart to surprise us later?

Is the game unfinished and need the release date to be pushed back?

What is the strategy here?

Technical production difficulties is the only reason this long wait exsists. 

Kinda salty that so much of the most recent direct was about splatoon like anyone gives a rats ass about it.

But other than that i know it's coming eventually so i won't get too mad

On 3/13/2018 at 2:58 PM, SuperNova125 said:

Possibly they are waiting for the awakening warriors DLC before anything on FE16.

I do not see this as plausible - I don't think they'd reserve a big announcement for DLC for a spin-off game.

13 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I do not see this as plausible - I don't think they'd reserve a big announcement for DLC for a spin-off game.

Agreed. Plus, Famitsu has been the outlet to announce Warriors DLC thus far.

If a second surprise wave of DLC is announced, that could be grounds for Direct material, but I just don't see that happening. Maybe as a footnote in an as of yet unlikely FE Direct.

Edited by Etheus

On 3/13/2018 at 4:53 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Far as I'm concerned, once I saw that Ryo Hazuki was in Project X Zone 2, I had thoughts in the back of my head that there was a chance for another Shenmue game.

True.

But I was still skeptical. Batsu Ichimonji was in plenty of games, but I'm still waiting for another Rival Schools or a remaster.

stop teasing capcom