Clairvoyance (noun): The supposed faculty of perceiving things or events in the future or beyond normal sensory contact.

In TFS words, "I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!!!"

Joking and definitions aside, Naga has always shown to be a very powerful dragon without peer. By Awakening, her power has been displayed to even manipulate the fabric of space and time. Her fang was forged into a blade, empowered by a dragonstone, allowed a human to wield her power in their hands, and strike foes with her might. With it, the likes of Medeus, and later on Grima fell. And her tome possesses incredible power as well, allowing one to have the power to take down Loptyr. And she created the Shield of Seals, that with the Gemstones, allow one to become a demi-god and seal any entity with it.

She is powerful indeed, and can make the most devastating weapons of mass destruction if she so wished.

But can she actually see the future?

Here's where I explain how I got this. Recall in Echoes, when Alm finally grasps Falchion and pulls it out, and later on, Mila emerges. Take note of what she says:

Mila: See well Falchion, which you now hold. It was carved from the fang of Naga, ruler of dragons, to sever the gods. For Naga knew there was but a creeping madness waiting at eternity’s end. It is a ruin all dragons share. And the only end is one of total destruction. Thus it was that Naga bestowed Falchion upon Duma. She did so to prepare for the day our madness would drive the land to ruin, that the people might have a means to destroy us. That Falchion might become the fangs they lack…and the hope they deserve. And yet, in my foolishness, I sealed the blade away. I did it to protect my brother… I loved my brother, even as we loved mankind. Where we strayed, I cannot remember.

Notice how Mila says that Naga KNEW that dragons would go insane. They were exiled several thousand years before Echoes started, so its even possible that this happened before the decline of the dragons began. If Naga knew for certain that dragons were destined to go insane she must have foreseen it.

Furthermore, the fact that Naga goes and gives Duma Falchion seems a tad crazy. You give a guy that you have a violent clash with a weapon that can kill dragons just like that? What, confident that Duma would not use it against you? And how would she know that Duma would not just seal it away? What makes her so confident that she knows for certain that Falchion would for sure be used against him and Mila?

Well, here's another thing that's revealed in Echoes:

Rudolf: Indeed. Two children with such a mark are prophesied to save Valentia from ruin. And now my son has been born with it. I also hear tale of a newborn Zofian princess who has this selfsame mark.

Rudolf explains that there's an actual prophecy about two children that will bear the Brand and will save Valentia from ruination. From exactly WHERE did this prophecy come from? Or rather, WHO gave this prophecy?

If Naga had actually foreseen these events, everything starts to add up. Naga knew that Duma and Mila would go insane. She knew that Alm and Celica would be born with the Brand, and that Alm would use her Falchion to kill Duma and Mila. She knew these events, and thus did all the necessary things to prepare for the future to come.

Now this is just Echoes. This can't possibly be related to the other games, right?

Wrong.

Let us fastforward to Awakening now. When Lucina begins explaining how she traveled through time, here's what she says.

Lucina: Thank you, Aunt Lissa. Naga, the divine dragon, feared mankind would face Grima again. In preparation for that day, she devised a ritual. It allows one to return to the past and alter events already written. I made the journey together with others, but...we became separated.

Now I dunno about you, but don't you think that time travel is a pretty BIG jump to make about Grima coming in? Rather than try anything else, it's like she had a feeling or knowledge that there was a chance that the future would come where humanity falls to Grima. So she prepares this case where she creates a new future.

Of course, if she knows Multiverse theory, then Naga knows that changing time would do nothing to this future. So perhaps this was just to ensure that if this other world is saved, it would have the means to stop Grima when he inevitably arrives to conquer them. In that saved future, they could very well perform the complete Awakening and seal him away.

But here's where things get really weird when you look at this other Naga in The Future Past.

Naga: A world stands on the brink of demise. But I have no power there to save it. Only those with the power to cross time and space can reach it in its hour of need... Only warriors such as yourselves.

Chrom: What world is this that could possibly be beyond your power?

Naga: A world in which the ancient fell dragon has been revived, causing untold chaos. All hope for the future rests upon the shoulders of 12 valiant children—an exalted princess and 11 others born with the power to alter their destinies. However, without intervention, these 12 children will most certainly die.

Chrom: All of them? But that's...

Naga: Hear me. Four children obtain Gules and Azure but annihilated ere they can bear it home. Four more obtain Argent and Sable, only to expire in sight of their country's border. Three manage to successfully deliver Vert and the Emblem to the princess... But soon after, all three of them—as well as the princess—are slain.

Chrom: Then who saves the world?

Naga: None do. It sinks, unresisting, into shadow...and finally fades into oblivion. This is the world's inexorable destiny. But some destinies are too cruel...and so I sought help. Warriors, I beseech you: intervene. Change what cannot be changed without you.

Now there are two ways this makes sense:

1) Either these events actually happened and Naga is literally pulling people from other dimensions to help her through time travel to the past of her world where they are there.

Or.

2) She foresaw all of these events and is bring these Outrealm warriors into the exact moment when these fate comes to pass, so that they can alter the events before it even happens in the first place.

Why do I think it should be #2 instead of #1? Simple.

The first one creates more alternate futures. By bring the heroes into the point after it's already happened, then obviously it is only going to create another branch in the timeline. The future still happened. Even then, Naga would most certainly die if Grima actually destroyed the planet, since Naga is tied to the world as I wrote in this thread:

But if Naga knew the events that were going to happen, she brought in other people so that the moment that the event is about to happen, it is avoided, thus avoiding creating different branches in time.

Still not convinced? Well, I'll rewind back very far in the past, all the way back to the story of Genealogy of the Holy War.

Answer this question:

• How did Naga learn of Loptyr's existence in the first place?

Loptyr created his bloodline through Galle, and his will and power had possessed Galle, and for almost 200 years, Loptyr had gotten away with it. So how in the hell did Naga suddenly learn of the Loptry Empire's existence?

Kaga actually stated in an interview that she didn't know at first.

Q: Why did Narga grant his power to the humans of Jugdral?

A: In the beginning, Narga didn’t realise that Loputousu was planning something on another continent, until he discovered the existence of the Loputo Empire, which Galle had created using the dragon tribe’s power. In order to restore order to the world, Narga allied with 11 other dragons and decided to give humans their power in the form of the Holy Weapons.

What, did Loptyr leave a note lying around that listed his evil plans?

Now to just make a blood pact with that stupid human Galle, possess him, sneak to another continent, and terrorize humanity for eons to come.

- Loptyr
P.S. Loptyr is awesome!

^ Like that?

Or did Naga's ability to see the future allow her to actually see the Loptyr Empire and thus she moved along to stop him?

Kaga never explained how she found out, just that she did find out.

Now going back to the original home continent of Archanea, if with Echoes, we know that Naga foresaw the dragonkin being driven to madness, then naturally she would already be in agreement with the transformation into Manaketes.

So yeah, in the end, I think Naga's precognitive abilities allowed her to actually play a role into many events. The Divine Dragons are the strongest dragons, and dragons have incredibly powerful knowledge over magic. It would not surprise me if there was a way to see the future with this.

Of course, even with this power, Naga is not omniscient. She cannot foresee everything that happens, else nothing in Fire Emblem would have happened. If she could have seen everything, Adrah would never have stolen the Shield of Seals, and Naga would have sealed Medeus in the Dragon's Altar rather than put him on guard duty that let him ultimately decide to try and conquer humanity.

But what she sees and depending on how far it is, she might actually get a good idea and just be able to use her advanced knowledge and power to make preparations.

So yes, I believe Naga does indeed have a form of clairvoyance.

An interesting proposal. Considering Naga's power level is over 9000 high enough that she could pretty much casually throw so many people back in time that it left one of The First Dragons(from back when it would make sense for Dragons to be at their peak) in awe, I suppose partial clairvoyance isn't too big a stretch to believe. It makes me wonder just how strong Tiki is/will end up being, actually.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

An interesting proposal. Considering Naga's power level is over 9000 high enough that she could pretty much casually throw so many people back in time that it left one of The First Dragons(from back when it would make sense for Dragons to be at their peak) in awe, I suppose partial clairvoyance isn't too big a stretch to believe. It makes me wonder just how strong Tiki is/will end up being, actually.

From my belief, Tiki was able to easily take Naga's place as the new Naga in Future Past, which might imply that Tiki's own power is equal to, if not greater than Naga's own. 

However, unlikely that they'll ever make her be that strong, as it's implied her full powers have been sealed away.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

From my belief, Tiki was able to easily take Naga's place as the new Naga in Future Past, which might imply that Tiki's own power is equal to, if not greater than Naga's own. 

I believe it's directly implied(oxymoron, haha) in one of Marth's games that Tiki is stronger than her mother, but even with the whole sealing her power thing she still managed to, as you said, easily take Naga's place, meaning that if someone ever figured out how to unseal her…

13 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

I believe it's directly implied(oxymoron, haha) in one of Marth's games that Tiki is stronger than her mother, but even with the whole sealing her power thing she still managed to, as you said, easily take Naga's place, meaning that if someone ever figured out how to unseal her…

I do not recall where it was ever said that Tiki was stronger. It's only easy to deduce that Tiki may be more powerful when you consider that Naga considered killing Tiki when she was a mere infant due to how if she were to degenerate, humanity would be wiped out, a threat that is only mentioned in regards to the Earth Dragons awakening, where they are numbered in the thousands. 

And I believe in spirit form, there was no longer any seal on her power, so by then she had access to all her power.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

And I believe in spirit form, there was no longer any seal on her power, so by then she had access to all her power.

Hmm, I'd buy that. All the same, though, thinking about that certainly increases my opinion of Tiki.

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hmm, I'd buy that. All the same, though, thinking about that certainly increases my opinion of Tiki.

Tiki never unleashing her power is only for the sake of the humans who won't be able to endure her power. We'd be talking about a fully powered being that rivals Naga that only seeks to destroy.