Debate Challenges

Mekkah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Elieson said:

What would you debate

Well I barely even follow tier lists, but any one of them would likely give me some kind of general idea as to where some things stand. At the top of my head, I was pulling for Henry vs. Sophia, but I need to try it out first before I jump that gun. lol

There's also some other small rules we could go through just regarding general Heroes stuff that would help the debate run smoother, like establishing access to certain exclusive and rare skills and the whatnot.

I'm really into Charlotte and Henry (Red). So if you have any matchups in mind...

@Elieson

Edited by Junkhead

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, CannedCaineghis said:

Hey side bee, I've never played fe 15, but I'd be down for fe 8. Any particular match up in mind? 

i didnt have anything specifically in mind, but id be cool to defend lute, if u wanted to go for a different mid-tier unit

4 hours ago, side bee said:

i didnt have anything specifically in mind, but id be cool to defend lute, if u wanted to go for a different mid-tier unit

I'm not sure I'd call Lute mid-tier, but I'm happy to take the opposing side. If you want to stick to magic to keep my first debate a bit simpler I'd be happy to defend Knoll, Artur, Saleh or even *shudders* Ewan. If you're looking for any challenge in general, I'll go with Garcia or Joshua. I'll let you pick which character I'm to defend. Any rule preferences or just the standards laid out by Mekkah?

Edited by CannedCaineghis

17 hours ago, CannedCaineghis said:

I'm not sure I'd call Lute mid-tier, but I'm happy to take the opposing side. If you want to stick to magic to keep my first debate a bit simpler I'd be happy to defend Knoll, Artur, Saleh or even *shudders* Ewan. If you're looking for any challenge in general, I'll go with Garcia or Joshua. I'll let you pick which character I'm to defend. Any rule preferences or just the standards laid out by Mekkah?

i think you should go with garcia, since they are both relatively comparable.

the standards set by mekkah work for me. you want first statement?

19 hours ago, side bee said:

i think you should go with garcia, since they are both relatively comparable.

the standards set by mekkah work for me. you want first statement?

Garcia works for me. Sure, I'll go ahead and set up the thread

side bee and I's FE8 debate on Garcia and Lute wrapped up, so I'm still looking for any debates in FE9 and 10. My topics for FE9 are Nephenee v. Devdan, Lethe v. Ranulf, Gatrie v. Brom, or even Mia v. Ilyana. FE10, I'm willing to take most any character match up if we put Haar, Jill and the Laguz lords in a tier of their own. 

7 minutes ago, CannedCaineghis said:

I'm happy to take up the gauntlet. Any challenge in particular? 

I had an idea for Niime vs. Percival, in which I was planning to stick up for Niime, but if you have any particular challenge you'd like to undertake, let me hear it.

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I had an idea for Niime vs. Percival, in which I was planning to stick up for Niime, but if you have any particular challenge you'd like to undertake, let me hear it.

Hmmmm, another physical v magic unit debate. I'd kind of like to see side bee tackle this one since they were just on the other "side" of that kind of debate. Curious how they'd handle the other end. If side bee doesn't show up in another day with comment consider me in and I'd like to cede the first post

22 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

17 hours ago, CannedCaineghis said:

Hmmmm, another physical v magic unit debate. I'd kind of like to see side bee tackle this one since they were just on the other "side" of that kind of debate. Curious how they'd handle the other end. If side bee doesn't show up in another day with comment consider me in and I'd like to cede the first post

sure, sounds good. you want opening statement, @AnonymousSpeed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, CannedCaineghis said:

It's the only logical conclusion. Who are we looking at as match up candidates? 

I'm feeling like a debate about featuring an axe user, maybe Dorcas or Dart. Who would you put around that tier? Guy, Renault- I'm not so familiar with the FE7 tiers.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 7/25/2019 at 12:43 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'm feeling like a debate about featuring an axe user, maybe Dorcas or Dart. Who would you put around that tier? Guy, Renault- I'm not so familiar with the FE7 tiers.

Well Dart is vastly above the others in this list imo. The problem is Dorcas and Guy are almost two tiers from each other and Renault is almost never used do to horrible availability. If you're looking to do Dart.... putting him against like Hawkeye, Jaffar, or even like Harken would be comparable. Dorcas I'm not even sure who could go up against him fairly, most tier lists have like 6 units below him. 

On 7/27/2019 at 11:55 PM, CannedCaineghis said:

Well Dart is vastly above the others in this list imo. The problem is Dorcas and Guy are almost two tiers from each other and Renault is almost never used do to horrible availability. If you're looking to do Dart.... putting him against like Hawkeye, Jaffar, or even like Harken would be comparable. Dorcas I'm not even sure who could go up against him fairly, most tier lists have like 6 units below him. 

So, I did go ahead and check out a few FE7 tier lists for this, and while I can't necessarily vouch for their validity, I saw a few with Dorcas and Guy pretty close. I don't think that's a horrible match-up personally.  Especially since I quite like Dart and you seem to quite like Dart, which would just be unfair for the person who isn't Dart. Might be fun to debate Dart vs. some agreed really good character like Oswin or Heath.