Debate Challenges

Mekkah

Tino, hm I guess I could manage that. Just tell me who you wanna use.

Guys I wouldn't mind defending.

Gerik (high/mid)

Joshua (mid)

Garcia (mid)

Cormag (high/mid)

Dozla (low)

Mostly mid, I guess. Tell me what kind of pairings you'd wanna do, what you think would be fair and I'd be in Mekkah.

Revan, pick someone you'd like to defend and we'll go.

I'd make some pairings myself but I'm bad at deciding. :P

Edit: Rennac too.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerik (high/mid)

Joshua (mid)

Garcia (mid)

Cormag (high/mid)

Dozla (low)

Mostly mid, I guess. Tell me what kind of pairings you'd wanna do, what you think would be fair and I'd be in Mekkah.

My Gilliam vs your Garcia? That sounds about fair...

You want me to open, or do you want to?

Gerik (high/mid)

Joshua (mid)

Garcia (mid)

Cormag (high/mid)

Dozla (low)

I'd like to use Artur vs. your Gerik, if you're still up for one :o

Mekkah, sorry for me not replying very quickly, but

I agree. But it has to finish first!

And I haven't played FE4 much, so I doubt it's going to end well for me, and I suck at debating things such as 1 range vs. 2 range :(

Yah, it's going to take a while for me to get a good counter ready. But don't worry, I won't just forfeit this one. Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about it ;)

And my last Soren vs. Marcia post was huge...

If someone would be kind enough to explain me how to debate, I would like to defend a FE9 character. I think I've used pretty much everyone, so I anyone is a fair match. However, these are my personal favs:

Ike

Soren

Ike

Zihark

Ilyana

Ike

Rhys

Rolf

Ike

and of course, Ike

...did I mention Ike?

@Tino: I think that by reading your Soren vs Marcia debate I got a pretty good idea of how to do it. I'm still open for how-to's though.

You basically factor in stats, joining time, levels, avalability, supports, avoid, AS, and just about anything you can think of and try to prove that your character > your opponenets character in these categories. That's just a basic overview, though. Then again, I don't debate, so this may be flawed. >_<

If someone would be kind enough to explain me how to debate, I would like to defend a FE9 character. I think I've used pretty much everyone, so I anyone is a fair match. However, these are my personal favs:

Ike

Soren

Ike

Zihark

Ilyana

Ike

Rhys

Rolf

Ike

and of course, Ike

...did I mention Ike?

@Tino: I think that by reading your Soren vs Marcia debate I got a pretty good idea of how to do it. I'm still open for how-to's though.

You're not the Legault I know, are you?

'@ Revan: I don't think he is.

@ Mekkah: Damn. Just damn. I had a fairly huge post typed up (unfinished), and then we got a small power failure, which caused my computer to shut down and thus completely erased everything I had ;_;

I'll try to type everything up again, since I don't recall exactly what arguments I used. It's just going to take even longer than expected. Sorry, man.

@ Legault: You've listed Ike four times... How about Rolf (you) vs. Sothe (me)?

'@ Revan: I don't think he is.

@ Mekkah: Damn. Just damn. I had a fairly huge post typed up (unfinished), and then we got a small power failure, which caused my computer to shut down and thus completely erased everything I had ;_;

I'll try to type everything up again, since I don't recall exactly what arguments I used. It's just going to take even longer than expected. Sorry, man.

@ Legault: You've listed Ike four times... How about Rolf (you) vs. Sothe (me)?

Stackedstackedstackedstacked. Flattening a new guy isn't very nice is it Tino? :P

Yeah, getting huge bundles of text erased sucks. But at least you're keeping me updated. I didn't expect Reikken to post very soon (since the debate is so long) but Colm, Former Guest and Duff are kind of taking ages...

Well, that just seems more than appropriate to me (to inform you). I wouldn't see a reason not to inform you of it.

When did I flatten him?

Well, that just seems more than appropriate to me (to inform you). I wouldn't see a reason not to inform you of it.

When did I flatten him?

No, I mean, since he's new, an FE9 debate with Sothe vs Rolf, when he gets Rolf is hardly fair. Not only would you have experience, etc, on your side, your character is also fundamentally better anyway, making arguing way easier. :P

But don't mind me. :D

Really? We're not going to do that one then.

And if Legault is new to this, then I suppose a higher tier debate would not hurt, since lower tier debates tend to be a tad harder due to the units used being worse.

If I can argue about what scroll skills I can give Rolf to make him better, then I take Rolf. If not, then I would prefer to defend Volke, Sothe, Ike or other strong units.

Is there another Legault or something btw?