Super Robot Wars

Rei

I should get a PSP. Every such SRW that's coming for that handheld has Shin Getter and some series I like while the DS games usually give me things I know nothing about AND no Shin Getter (barring W of course). Plus the no region lock definitely helps, fucking 3DS region lock.

Edited by Sirius

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definitely suggest it. A PSP would give you MX portable, A portable, Z2.1, Z2.2, and this new one coming out, as well as access to the SD Gundam games. It's a pretty great handheld for us robot fans.

Would it be wrong to suggest you "jailbreak" it for the sake of MX and Advance? Neither of these games have the install data option (as opposed to Hakai and Saisei), so it takes a while for things to load in-game. I played through all of MX on the PSP off the disc and I would say 30-40% of the time playing was spent waiting for the game to load the sprites and such. Put the image into the memory card and it runs so much faster.

UX is one of my least favorite SRWs so far in terms of gameplay. It's painfully easy, boring and repetitive level design, and the UI is outdated compared to Z2 and 2nd OG. I liked Z2-2 a lot more because it had a lot more interesting level design and variety, and it felt fun to do a no upgrade run of it. Even Puzzle Robo has been disappointingly simple so far. You'd have to really, really love the series to get anything out of UX.

Yes PSP is region free, but PSN rejects non-Japanese credit cards, so you will be paying a huge markup for Japanese prepaid PSN cards if you want to download this new SRW game legit.

I thought UX was on the 3DS instead of the PSP. Partially because the show chosen are more in line with the DS selections which forgo the Zeta Gundam/Getter Robo/Mazinger Z trifecta.

After quick Google check I see I am correct. Since they're imports MX, Advance, Z2, and Z2.2 are all going to be relatively heft, but you don't need to download them off the Japanese PSN. I own MX, Z2, and Z2.2 in their physical forms.

Edited by Yazan Gable

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome, another Masoukishin game...! And another out of my reach... XD

Maybe it's the quality of the image, but Valsione looks kinda different, even different from it's R variant... did it got another upgrade somewhere down the road? Can't say I know much of the 2nd game to know for sure... although I can see the caption next to it says: "Valsione" Download Code, so... uh, well, too early to start guessing...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

https://www.facebook.com/groups/511623485571808/

Bring Dai-2-Ji Super Robot Wars To America/PAL regions.

Sadly, unless they have money to pay a cast of English VA's, the game has no chances of being released outside Japan. That's also why the PS2 games didn't made it over here either, because, well, I don't remember the details, it's like a Sony policy or something that it's forced to have an English audio at least for a North American release.

Record of Agarest War came out with english text and Japan only audio. I just don't think Namco Bandai wants to push SRW outside the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Robot Wars W > Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2 > Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation > Any spinoff of SRT:OG

Now if only Super Robot Wars UX wasn't region locked. Darn Japan....

• 3 weeks later...

More new Masouki!!
masou3.jpg
The one on the right is Justinina piloted by returning Antiras Squad member Rosary Selue, and the one on the right is Galgardia piloted by newcomer Remia Zania Valhalevia.
I would like to thank Yukira from SRWG-W for posting the scans and Marcus Kane for letting us know whose who.

• 4 weeks later...