Super Robot Wars

Rei

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am playing srw Z. Can someone give me an advice on how to spend PP? Which skill should I buy, for example? And who the stronger mech amongst the bunch?

Are you on Setsuko's Route or Rand's? I could probably give some mediocre advice about PP, depending on which route you took.

Are you on Setsuko's Route or Rand's? I could probably give some mediocre advice about PP, depending on which route you took.

I took Rand's route. I intent to give Rand prevail and battle spirit...but turn out he has already had these skills.

Edited by Char

I still think that was really convenient, I'd say the Will Limit Break, (I just learned what Will is for, besides accessing more attacks). SP up, I usually give this to everyone that learns Focus, Zeal, Love, Courage, and/or Soul. And Counter, I usually give heavy hitters Counter. I I forget how many skills you can give Rand, but these are what I gave him in my run.

And if i'm not mistaken, Rand indeed learns Courage.

Edited by Soledai

I still think that was really convenient, I'd say the Will Limit Break, (I just learned what Will is for, besides accessing more attacks). SP up, I usually give this to everyone that learns Focus, Zeal, Love, Courage, and/or Soul. And Counter, I usually give heavy hitters Counter. I I forget how many skills you can give Rand, but these are what I gave him in my run.

And if i'm not mistaken, Rand indeed learns Courage.

How about Xabungle? Should I use them? The last time I use them was in Alpha Gaiden, they didnt impress me at all.

How about Xabungle? Should I use them? The last time I use them was in Alpha Gaiden, they didnt impress me at all.

Running off of memory, I think they're usable this time around... I'd invest in just Jiron though...

11/11B Rand or Setsuko is a good bday choice. 10 SP Attune helps a lot on stages with high dodge enemies.

FM and SRW both have their positives and negatives. I don't think one is overall better than the other imo. I've played the 5 main FMs and 2089 and quite a lot of SRWs.

I'm currently playing through Z ex-hard (Rand route atm) w/ all SR points and all ending points. Take a look on youtube. It's a gameplay only playthrough.

and for PP, for Rand consider getting that one skill that lets you to self-support-attack when you have enough skill over the enemy, coupled with some PP into skill.

Will Limit break is another good thing for extra damage boost. Also consider Guard for more toughness.

I recently went and beat OG1&2 once again, full battle masteries. Honestly, after doing that I've come to consider the first one as the better of the two, at least gameplay-wise. OG2 has a number of masteries that are just up to random luck (protecting suicidal friendlies and the like) and of course the status inflicting weapons, now doing damage and being carried around by everyone and their mother means you can't get your dodgy mechs to dodge reliably unless you really start unloading PP into the dodge stat.

Bleh. The OG2 playthrough just required that much more manipulation and just... some of those bosses, man... Doing 8000 damage to a fully upgraded daizengar.

I don't remember there being much random luck with the SR points, but it's been many years since I played OG2.

Try OG2 ex-hard w/ no upgrades or PP spent and all SR points. There's one SR point that's impossible to get under those conditions, the rest are doable (from what I remember.. derp).

Edited by mjemirzian

I'm pretty sure such a run would require some heavy manipulation.

EDIT: actually, since a crapload of units couldn't survive a hit from a boss and the game is already very intense on SP use, I'm fairly sure surviving some bits of it would be next to impossible without at least SP regen or if you maybe went really out of your way with Radha and her regen/hope combo.

Edited by Gyarados

I really have doubts about the lategame boss rushes, though. Beating OG2 bosses is completely dependent on SP use.

EDIT: just to clarify, I'm doubting whether or not I could pull it off, not putting your doing so into doubt.

Edited by Gyarados

I'm really liking the dynamic in those ALL attacks, instead of having like a big beam or a bunch of missiles(assuming that wasn't the purpose of the attack) or something hitting one enemy then all the enemies take damage.

I would've like to have seen more of the OCs, or a cut-in, but it's still cool. (Sazabi and Unicorn Gundam, yeah...)

Edited by Soledai

Oh man, cool. Although the CCA stuff still has me confused... oh well...

[spoiler=Small rant]Seriously though, I thought Quattro had repeatedly stated he wouldn't... like at the end of Z1 and again at the end of Z2-2... so either this is part of a 3rd world... which then would make me question why Camille and Haman are here too... or this "Char" is actually Full Frontal, in a weird sense of inverse disguise... or Char is just a big fat liar or his resolve wasn't strong enough to keep the promise... so yeah...

Huh, a remake of the very first game? Dude, that's awesome...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

So I actually took up the OG2 EX-hard no upgrades no PP all masteries challenge and I'm up to map 12, space route now. That's the map where you start off with the shirogane and have your units drop in later.

This is where I've run into my first real problem; all my units have to survive but Katina and Excellen have some very real survival issues. Anyone any ideas on how to overcome this?

• 1 month later...