-=Edit 2=-

New gameplay vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mIZMHNuIjY

Edited by Organization # XIII Roxas

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Super Robot Taisen: OG. If that counts.

OG1 I'm guessing, that's an english game, right? There are two OG games in english.

Anyone here have favorite OG mechs?'

My faves are Grungust Type-0, any Trombe unit (just because it's fucking Elzam), Gespenst MKII-S (It's a super robot that looks like cannon fodder just because of Gespenst Kick lol), Daizengar, Cybuster, KouRyuOh, and the of course Apotheosized Yadabiout (go Folka~!).

I was thinking about adding the Valzacard, but it's just so crazily overpowered I dunno. Strong effin attacks, dodges a lot, over 20k HP, and has like 6 pilots to choose from for skills. WAAAAAY too powerful.

It's annoying when you have to fight Sanger, though.

The day a Tales character is added to pollute the thresholds of SRW is the same as that of when a multitude of players simultaneously hangs themselves out of fanboyism. Now that may be a tad exxagerating, but with options from games of a company such as Namco, how does Tales of come to mind?

Anyhow, can't say I'm excited for the next Mugen installment; storyline-wise, the first seemed to be rather conclusive with the particular revelations about Haken/Aschen as "models," while the elimination of Vindel and the Einst doesn't leave many avenues for expansion other than generic bouts of inspiration, but I suppose it's worth a few glances.

Anyone here have favorite OG mechs?'

My faves are Grungust Type-0, any Trombe unit (just because it's fucking Elzam), Gespenst MKII-S (It's a super robot that looks like cannon fodder just because of Gespenst Kick lol), Daizengar, Cybuster, KouRyuOh, and the of course Apotheosized Yadabiout (go Folka~!).

While we're on the topic of exponential mechs, the G-Compatible Kaiser, Soulgain and the imminent-to-inclusion Rai-Oh seriously deserve entrance into taht list.

Getting Shin Getter Robo + God Gundam in mission 7 of SRW NEO... Shit is too broken lmao.

But for Exceed FUCK YES FOLKAAlady!

I'm surprised they added a 'Hausen' to Frontier o_O

Edited by Aozaki Touko

Getting Shin Getter Robo + God Gundam in mission 7 of SRW NEO... Shit is too broken lmao.

...Those newer games are too easy, I tell you.

• 2 weeks later...

...Those newer games are too easy, I tell you.

It's actually not that easy. Getter isn't as broken as it was in some of the previous games. It's got less HP and dodge despite hayato still having the focus seishin.

Also you get some bosses early on that are just annoying as hell, like when you get it down from 32k HP to about half, it goes up to 64k HP and becomes stronger. Then you have to reduce it to about half again IIRC. And this is like mission 8. I almost lost a few units that time >_<

Also your healing seishin do NOT have range of the whole map. All of your skills have a radius for the people who are affected.

Wait, they are finally balancing seishins? That's a miracle. It would work more like the long ranged staves in FE, then.

I couldn't care less about multi thousand HP enemies.Scirocco had like 20k and was a bitch to kill.

Wait, they are finally balancing seishins? That's a miracle. It would work more like the long ranged staves in FE, then.

I couldn't care less about multi thousand HP enemies.Scirocco had like 20k and was a bitch to kill.

From what I've seen, the bosses still have high hit% on just about everyone unless you super upgrade a unit.

Well the way your SP works is like this

You starts with 20. It goes up when you hit or GET hit (not on dodge IIRC) and when it turns from enemy phase to player phase.

All of your skills level up, for example, focus only starts with 20%hit/20%dodge and then can level up to 30/30 and 40/40. But the higher levels WILL cost more SP to balance it. Avoid is the same at all levels and the cost is 20 IIRC. invincible is now only 70%/80%/90% instead of taking 10 damage. Trust is 1000/2000/3000.

Also they made resupply units more useful. Boss Borot CAN resupply after you move him. There is no Will drain on it, but it only restores 50 EN.

Edited by Aozaki Touko

Hmm, so it sure feels more balanced.

Although maybe no Will loss might be a bit cheap, if the ressuplied unit uses ammo based attacks.

Invincible was so cool, now cheap strategies won't work as well against übers like Devil Gundam T_T

Anyways, where are the Dunbine guys? They went missing or what? I wan't my gamebreakers

Domon is mad op lol... That's all I gotta say. Also they made it so if you waste your strong attacks and EN early on you're screwed.

Disposable items like propellant tanks, repair kits, sp drinks, etc. are not lost after using them. You can use them on a character once per map.

But yeah. EN is a very scarce commodity in the game. So don't waste it early on.

It also looks like there is a new support option during attacks. You can hit up now to get your characters corresponding mech

Edited by Aozaki Touko

Amazing. Though the effects on Alfimi's part of her ultimate attack seems kind of corny with how she moves the sword around. Also partially because they show the entire sword instead of sticking it in the enemy.