What do I do with +def/-spd Female Morgan?

Hagakure

Does anyone have build ideas or should I just try for another one? I don't have her maxed yet but this would be her level 40 stats

HP: 37

Attack: 46

Speed: 27

Defense: 19

Resistance: 33

Edited by Hagakure

The best idea would be to post in this thread instead the next time you have a build question or something. But to answer your question, she's still a bit too frail to make full use of Serpent, but with Fury/Death Blow, she can run a Blade tome set, since she wasn't focused on hitting twice anyway. It's a lot stronger if you have someone with Hone Fliers, though.

27 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The best idea would be to post in this thread instead the next time you have a build question or something. But to answer your question, she's still a bit too frail to make full use of Serpent, but with Fury/Death Blow, she can run a Blade tome set, since she wasn't focused on hitting twice anyway. It's a lot stronger if you have someone with Hone Fliers, though.

Oh right yeah, I don't go on here much so I forgot :v fury is affordable at the moment.

I think Blarserpent is refinable to boost her resistance at least, so I'll have to see.

Edited by Hagakure

49 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I disagree with this. With enough defense stacking, she can be quite bulky. 19 base def + 6 (tome) + 6 (DD) + 3 (def refine) and she is already at 34 def. Here's where we get to team support options. You can either make her fast enough to avoid doubles or so bulky that she doesn't care about doubles. Go the spd route and put her on a team with 3 Goad Flier users (or 1 with Hone, if you have it) and you have a 37/34/45 bulk flier with enough spd (42) to avoid most doubles.

Going the bulky route is harder for a lack of Ward Fliers fodder in lower rarities, but if you do, let's see what you can do. She has 34 defense to start with + 6 from Fortify, +8 from two Wards, +4 from a Spur Def Seal, +2 from S support partner and Morgan now has 37/54/61 bulk and you can laugh at the arrows and magic coming your way. 

Honestly, this is overkill and you could easily get away with less team investment to make Morgan work as a bulky range tank. There are to mages than blade tomes.

1 hour ago, Hagakure said:

Does anyone have build ideas or should I just try for another one? I don't have her maxed yet but this would be her level 40 stats

HP: 37

Attack: 46

Speed: 27

Defense: 19

Resistance: 33

Got horrible IVs on my F!Morgan as well plus Defence bringing her to a whopping 19 Defence (coulda sworn Delthia had more) and an attack bane.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I disagree with this. With enough defense stacking, she can be quite bulky. 19 base def + 6 (tome) + 6 (DD) + 3 (def refine) and she is already at 34 def. Here's where we get to team support options. You can either make her fast enough to avoid doubles or so bulky that she doesn't care about doubles. Go the spd route and put her on a team with 3 Goad Flier users (or 1 with Hone, if you have it) and you have a 37/34/45 bulk flier with enough spd (42) to avoid most doubles.

34 Def that needs so much stacking to be reached isn't actually that bulky anymore, be it in Arena, Lunatic chain modes or even GHBs, especially with only 37 HP. Most units, even the better daggers, are expected to reach about 50 Atk, especially so for physical units. Not to mention, as a flier, you are automatically unable to tank the most common and also most dangerous type of physical ranged damage, Bows, unless you decide to run Iote's Shield with DD3 as well. With all of that stacking just to still take about half health every time you try to tank physical ranged or Blade tomes, I'd personally rather slap on a Blade tome, one shot all those things, and be done with it all.

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

34 Def that needs so much stacking to be reached isn't actually that bulky anymore, be it in Arena, Lunatic chain modes or even GHBs, especially with only 37 HP. Most units, even the better daggers, are expected to reach about 50 Atk, especially so for physical units. Not to mention, as a flier, you are automatically unable to tank the most common and also most dangerous type of physical ranged damage, Bows, unless you decide to run Iote's Shield with DD3 as well. With all of that stacking just to still take about half health every time you try to tank physical ranged or Blade tomes, I'd personally rather slap on a Blade tome, one shot all those things, and be done with it all.

It's not like you cripple her utility by stacking her defense like that. Those buffs work towards making her a great res wall and a passable physical wall vs ranged (or great mixed wall if you opt for defensive team buffs) In arena, you just need to defeat one unit for that character to have pulled their weight. If Morgan can survive and counterkill an archer, she has done everything she needs to for her flier team.

Other challenges might require specific builds to win, but bulky Morgan can work. I'd rather play S!Corrin as a sweeper than try to force Morgan into that role. Blade Tome Morgan isn't going to be much help when you have Lynhardt breathing down your neck.

41 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

It's not like you cripple her utility by stacking her defense like that. Those buffs work towards making her a great res wall and a passable physical wall vs ranged (or great mixed wall if you opt for defensive team buffs) In arena, you just need to defeat one unit for that character to have pulled their weight. If Morgan can survive and counterkill an archer, she has done everything she needs to for her flier team.

Other challenges might require specific builds to win, but bulky Morgan can work. I'd rather play S!Corrin as a sweeper than try to force Morgan into that role. Blade Tome Morgan isn't going to be much help when you have Lynhardt breathing down your neck.

She can still be a good sweeper, as she has decent Atk for a one-shot Blade tome build, which is considered more valuable in Arena than doubling Blade tomes nowadays because of Distant Counter's prevalence, and the Speed is mostly superficial in Chain modes anyway, since most everything dies in one hit to a fully Emblem Buffed Blade tome. I would just personally much prefer to use my tome flier slot for power instead of utility, because hyper offense is a flier team's specialty.

Yeah I'm gonna jump on the argument saying 'yes Blarserpent'; with her default kit (Quick Riposte in place of Guard) and Distant Def seal, she can still be a pretty substantial Res tank (-Spd actually sort of works to her advantage since she'll proc Iceberg so long as she's doubled) and with +Def she actually stands a better chance of tanking daggers, if not bows.

You can do Blade if you want, but I feel like you're better off trying to make the most of her base kit. Remember, her EP Res with all the skills mentioned is a hefty 49, which is absolutely nothing to sneeze at. I definitely highly suggest sticking with her base kit and making her a res tank, it's not only easier to build but probably better than anything else she can do with that IV. Still perfectly salvageable. 

EDIT: Oh and Res or Def refine are both perfectly acceptable either way IMO. Since you're +Def you can technically afford to pump up her Def as well if you want. 

Edited by BANRYU