Mycen's unused quote

Maybe it was supposed to be for post-game?

I suppose at some point in development, they decided that Celica should be killable for Thabes Labyrinth since the Valentian heroes traveling to Archanea to uncover a certain truth is non-canon, but then realized that it'd be quite strange if one decided to go back to endgame to fight Duma again, as Celica is a major part of that fight.

And I only pose this theory because the only way Celica and Mycen are able to fight together is if you got to endgame/post-game.  The only other theory I have is that one of the drafts for this game was gonna deviate wildly from what we got.  Maybe they figured it'd be interesting to transfer the Artemis curse to Valentia by making Alm's love interest killable, but figured that'd go against the spirit of the original game.

Celica was originally supposed to be able to die in the post game, as Alm, Conrad, and Saber also have unique quotes for if she does.

They probably cut it because:

A. Celica is a lord and the deuteragonist. 

B. She's an extremely useful unit.

C. It would cause lore problems, as the post-game takes place at least a month after the events of the main game, and Alm is supposed to have an 1000 year long dynasty, which he obviously can't do without his wife.

Maybe there was supposed to be an alternate ending if Celica dies postgame where Alm marries Faye, but they realised that that'd be a bit too much of a stretch and/or that it was stupid. Also it'd probably be a major polarising point for the community, and the last thing devs want is for their communities to devolve into toxic cesspits because that tends to put people off their game due to the rep of the community.

57 minutes ago, Ironthunder said:

Maybe there was supposed to be an alternate ending if Celica dies postgame where Alm marries Faye, but they realised that that'd be a bit too much of a stretch and/or that it was stupid. Also it'd probably be a major polarising point for the community, and the last thing devs want is for their communities to devolve into toxic cesspits because that tends to put people off their game due to the rep of the community.

May have been like Marcus where she can actually die in the final battle? That's my guess. 

23 minutes ago, Augestein said:

May have been like Marcus where she can actually die in the final battle? That's my guess. 

In radiant dawn soren actually dies in the endgame rather than retreats, I also feel this is the case for other units but soren stands out the most.

2 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Celica was originally supposed to be able to die in the post game, as Alm, Conrad, and Saber also have unique quotes for if she does.

C. It would cause lore problems, as the post-game takes place at least a month after the events of the main game, and Alm is supposed to have an 1000 year long dynasty, which he obviously can't do without his wife.

Wow, never even heard some of those quotes. 

8 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I'm pretty sure that was probably an unused quote that was probably exclusive for Casual Mode. I think they probably previously plan on using the Fire Emblem Fates' styled Casual Mode since Corrin and Azura doesn't get a game over if they get defeated in Casual Mode, but maybe the developers probably plans on sticking on having Alm's and Celica's died in a battle field resulted a game over like in New Mystery of the Emblem and Awakening. I kinda of thinking why the developers probably sticked both of them with going back to New Mystery of the Emblem's and Awakening's main character only dies in Casual Mode route since only Alm and Celica are the only ones can use Mila's Turnwheel and it would probably won't work if one of the users who is holding Mila's Turnwheel had died.