Support Scenario Sharing Feature

I had this idea whilst revisiting my old Final Fantasy Dissidia 012 game.

In the game, there's a (now offline I believe)  'scenario building feature' that basically lets the player create scenarios to put on the Dissidia 012 network for others to download and play.

These scenarios consisted of a series of fan created conversations between characters, with battles following usually after. The creator set the rules and limitations for these battles.

I was thinking about it, and I would really love a feature similar to this for FE Switch or any subsequent titles. In regards to supports, It would certainly be would be fun for character building even if it would be non-canon, and I've seen Youtube videos of people making their own supports that are significantly more in depth and interesting than what's been pumped out lately.

And in regards to battles, it'd be fun to see what interesting maps players could come up with. (though Im not sure how enemy units would work? Maybe a simplified version of user macros to set the actions of them, kinda like FF12?)

What do you guys think? For or against? And if for, what other features would you be interested in seeing in a mode like this?

Edited by Talcinel

Now that's an interesting idea. Honestly I don't care in what form but as long as we get some form of online service I'm ok with it. I think that advance wars did something similar by creating custom maps (to mention an IS example), now with the switch we could take this one step further. We could create custom maps and dialogue but have already existing characters and sprites to make it more realistic. We could upload these maps online, while still having online battles similar to awakening/fates spot pass.

Edited by SuperNova125

I could see them creating a map-designing feature to help quicken the pace of designing the maps visually, and then providing access to it for the player. I'd imagine it would be similar to Mario/RPG Maker. Or Battle for Wesnoth, where you can download entire fan-made (well, the whole game is community driven, so I should really say non-canon/unofficial) scenarios if you want.

My only concern how the sheer amount of factors that Fire Emblem games have to consider that aren't in the examples I just listed. Mario maker is a simple platformer that has no need for an RNG, and Battle for Wesnoth, despite it's randomness, still has several static elements about it that keep the game balanced. Meanwhile, FE has to deal with things like growth rates/base stats, a limited amount of characters with permadeath in the mix, etc.