Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

@Belisarius i think the first thing all of us would have done was woke up, noticed at some point we feel different, and then checked our crotch and/or touch our chest to confirm we have indeed become squishy and soft. (aka females)

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Belisarius said:

Im curious what you think the first thing wed do is

Obvious answer is obvious--masturbate.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

*snip*

Welcome to the thread! That is--quite a contribution. Good man.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

The answer is already shown in the movie titled Your Name. The guy groped himself when he switched bodies for the first time

Love that movie. That particular scene though--that was a super G-rated version of what a man would do in that situation, and any guy who tells you otherwise is lying.

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Obvious answer is obvious--masturbate.

Welcome to the thread! That is--quite a contribution. Good man.

4 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Agreed.  If I woke up as a guy, I'd totally do this right away.

That's the second thing I would do.  The first would be to measure myself.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The first would be to measure myself.

LOL Rezzy.  :XD:  Of course you would.

Wouldn't that be a treat if you woke up as a big 5x grower?  ;):

Edited by Infinite Dreams

1 minute ago, Infinite Dreams said:

LOL Rezzy.  :XD:  Of course you would.

Wouldn't that be a treat if you woke up as a big 5x grower?  ;):

That would be something, though I'd have to see if my husband was into swordfighting.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if you look back at all three of the other loliketes before her: FE1/11&3/12 Tiki, Fae, and Myrrh, they all have really bad bases, which are compensated for with extraordinarily high growths exceeding what practically anyone else has (although these are restricted by not being able to promote) and massive Dragonstone stat boosts- more so Myrrh and Fae than Tiki. They're weak little girls, but carry incredible power in the palm of their hands and have great potential inside them, as in lore, so in gameplay.

Nowi has low bases and starting level, like the prior loliketes, and when you add all her growths together, it adds up to 360- higher than anyone else not Donnel with Aptitude, and Nah. Manakete also adds the most in total growths out of all the classes. So although they aren't mind-bogglingly higher like Fae's 600 and Myrrh's 580, Nowi's are still on the higher side.

If Nowi has an issue, it is that the reduced Dragonstone stat boosts and power, combined with Awakening's stat inflation, make her not as outstanding at base nor with levels. Whereas Manakete was a special class with rare and limited weapons in the older games which you fielded reservedly, Manakete in Awakening has been made into a more "normal" class, resulting in the awesome power only truly restrained by limited Dragonstone uses being curtailed for balance's sake. Not useless at all, they just aren't as special now as they used to be.

Huh, interesting. I didn't know that Nowi had that high of a growth rate total. Being honest, I rarely used her in Awakening as I found her skill and speed to be okay, but unimpressive, and it seemed like their Manakete bonuses acted more like a crutch than, well, a bonus, which made reclassing her when she started to fall behind unappealing. After learning about her growths though, I may try to use her in my next playthrough despite the fact that I've said that how many times in the past?

On 6/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

And they could use tunnels like the stairways in several of Fates's maps. Less in the getting from room to room approach, as moving to different sides of the same room I'd want.

I'm always up for more worldbuilding. Something as simple as cave murals depicting celebrated aspects of Taguel life and myth would help.

I'm imagining a level where wide yet irregularly shaped sections are connected through tight corridors and tunnels, emulating a rabbit burrow. Even better if each of these "sections" would have served a purpose in day to day life outside of the battle, such as a having a residential area, a stockpile, guard stations, etc. It would gives off the impression that the level is part of an actual, workable, breathable warren used by living creatures rather than a set-piece for an interesting level, but little else.

Adding on to cave murals, it would be interesting to see if Taguels used some human tools and weapons, or if they developed their own, or if they shunned most technology altogether. And/Or how developed their culture was, through arts and crafts and so forth. Having little details on both the map and the battle screen would do wonders for the worldbuilding.

And apparently, I really like this idea, as I actually had a dream about it last night. And like most of my dreams, it would make a good videogame. Basically, combine building a warren with defending it from hunters, bandits, etc, with having to recreate a culture to King of Dragons Path diplomacy system for politics with other kingdoms, and you can get the idea of what my dream was about. It also answered my unasked question about whether or not Panne likes trampolines (the answer is yes).

14 hours ago, Belisarius said:

this ones pretty great

Thank you and you're welcome. It's from xkcd, if you're curious.

...you know, upon further consideration, the anatomical brain-swap would probably be more of a mindfuck than the meatstick or the gropy parts. 

Weird Facts

• Men can only process human voices with the left hemisphere of their brain.
  • Women use both hemispheres to process voices, and are able to use/perceive subtleties in tone and inflection that are undetectable to the male brain.
  • Men process the voices of other males with the same part of the brain used to process simple sounds like car engines and machinery  
  • Men process female voices with the same part of the brain used to process music
  • Male brains have have less connectivity between the part of the brain that handles verbal communication, and the part of the brain that processes memories and feelings. 
  • The visual center of the male brain is better able to detect changes in brightness and rapid movements than the visual center of the female brain 
  • The visual center of the female brain is better able to distinguish between tiny variations in the depth and hue of colors that look identical to men
  • The male brain utilizes more gray brain matter than the female brain (gray brain matter is associated with the "tunnel-vision" ability to focus completely on one specific goal or task, and tune everything else out)
  • The female brain utilizes more white brain matter than the male brain (white brain matter is associated with the ability to rapidly switch between tasks and perform multiple tasks at the same time)

^^^

Have fun with that
Edited by Shoblongoo

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

wat

Yep.

Like certain "warning tones" that you can use to communicate displeasure or annoyance with other females before you completely bitch out at them--and they'll instantly know what it means and back off--our brains can't process it as separate and distinct from regular speech. It just sounds like random yammering to us. 

There's an actual scientific reason why men "never listen."

Edited by Shoblongoo

7 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yep.

Like certain "warning tones" that you can use to communicate displeasure or annoyance with other females--and they'll instantly know what it means--our brains can't process it as separate and distinct from regular speech. It just sounds like random yammering to us. 

There's an actual scientific reason why men "never listen."

I'm not convinced this is true

Do you have a source?

19 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I'm not convinced this is true

Do you have a source?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228549134_Gender_Differences_in_Human_Brain_A_Review

"The brains of women process verbal language simultaneously in the two sides (hemispheres) of the frontal brain, while men tend to process it on the left side only." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7854416

"During phonological tasks, brain activation in males is lateralized to the left inferior frontal gyrus regions; in females the pattern of activation is very different, engaging more diffuse neural systems that involve both the left and right inferior frontal gyrus. Our data provide clear evidence for a sex difference in the functional organization of the brain for language and indicate that these variations exist at the level of phonological processing."

Edited by Shoblongoo

11 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/228549134_Gender_Differences_in_Human_Brain_A_Review

"The brains of women process verbal language simultaneously in the two sides (hemispheres ) of the frontal brain, while men tend to process it on the left side only." 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7854416

"During phonological tasks, brain activation in males is lateralized to the left inferior frontal gyrus regions; in females the pattern of activation is very different, engaging more diffuse neural systems that involve both the left and right inferior frontal gyrus. Our data provide clear evidence for a sex difference in the functional organization of the brain for language and indicate that these variations exist at the level of phonological processing."

8477b7728c.png

kek

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

...you know, upon further consideration, the anatomical brain-swap would probably be more of a mindfuck than the meatstick or the gropy parts. 

Weird Facts

• Women use both hemispheres to process voices, and are able to use/perceive subtleties in tone and inflection that are undetectable to the male brain.
  • Men process the voices of other males with the same part of the brain used to process simple sounds like car engines and machinery  
  • Men process female voices with the same part of the brain used to process music
  • Male brains have have less connectivity between the part of the brain that handles verbal communication, and the part of the brain that processes memories and feelings. 
  • The visual center of the male brain is better able to detect changes in brightness and rapid movements than the visual center of the female brain 
  • The visual center of the female brain is better able to distinguish between tiny variations in the depth and hue of colors that look identical to men
  • The male brain utilizes more gray brain matter than the female brain (gray brain matter is associated with the "tunnel-vision" ability to focus completely on one specific goal or task, and tune everything else out)
  • The female brain utilizes more white brain matter than the male brain (white brain matter is associated with the ability to rapidly switch between tasks and perform multiple tasks at the same time)

^^^

Have fun with that

I have always legitimately suspected this.

Do you have sources?

7 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Weird Facts

^^^

Have fun with that

Is that due to biological differences or is it due to cultural upbringing that made the brain work that way. Say, if a dude was raised as a girl, would the dude think like a girl then?

12 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Weird Facts

^^^

Have fun with that

It's not quite as cut and dry as that, but that's the general trends.

11 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

wat

That's how it generally goes, but it's more of a double bell curve with most men falling on one side and women the other, but there is some overlap.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Is that due to biological differences or is it due to cultural upbringing that made the brain work that way. Say, if a dude was raised as a girl, would the dude think like a girl then?

Look up David Reimer.  Much of it is hardwired biologically.  The brain is very resistant to attempts to change it.

7 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Look up David Reimer.  Much of it is hardwired biologically.  The brain is very resistant to attempts to change it.

Yeah, that case was really sad... I learned about that in a psychology class a long time ago.

14 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Look up David Reimer.  

*Looks up David Reimer."

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

...that's fucking unfortunate...

I'm trying to think of something worse to botch than a circumcision, and I'm drawing a blank.

Edited by Shoblongoo

On 6/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, Rezzy said:

Just read the Wikipedia on it and it is really tragic. At least his tragedy helped bring awareness so others would not have to go through what he did.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:00 PM, Rezzy said:

That's how it generally goes, but it's more of a double bell curve with most men falling on one side and women the other, but there is some overlap.

How big is the overlap and is it even measurable? I have the impression that the overlap is considerable, but after reading about his story, I am not so sure anymore.

Also, how do we even measure genderness? If a dude is super macho but has a brain that functions more similarly to a girl's, do we go by the how the brain works or by how the person turned out to be?

On 6/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, Shoblongoo said:

I'm trying to think of something worse to botch than a circumcision, and I'm drawing a blank.

Trying to think of something worse than having your dick electrocuted/burnt is kind of difficult. I guess getting your balls chopped off is even worse since that is where your manhood comes from, and he experienced that too and that was intentional.