Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

2 hours ago, Darros said:

I find beer mixes poorly with hot sauce on wings though at least tastewise.

I like lighter and milder tasting beers like Modelo (I prefer the can ones; bottle ones tastes a little weird to me) and Heineken when paired with chicken, kind of like pairing white wine with chicken and seafood.

Although if it is spicy wings (the really spicy, really manly ones; for reference, I consider Wingstop's Atomic wings to be medium-mild and therefore not manly), I generally avoid drinking liquids while eating since I like the pleasant burning sensation in my throat. If I am not sweating or blowing my nose, it is not spicy enough.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, XRay said:

I like lighter and milder tasting beers like Modelo (I prefer the can ones; bottle ones tastes a little weird to me) and Heineken when paired with chicken, kind of like pairing white wine with chicken and seafood.

Although if it is spicy wings (the really spicy, really manly ones; for reference, I consider Wingstop's Atomic wings to be medium-mild and therefore not manly), I generally avoid drinking liquids while eating since I like the pleasant burning sensation in my throat. If I am not sweating or blowing my nose, it is not spicy enough.

Heineken?  Fu*k that sh*t.  PABST.  BLUE.  RIBBON!

(I cannot not post this when anyone references Heinies)

Modelo is alright. Better then Tacate, but as far as Mexican beers go I'd say its strictly inferior to Dos Equis.

Heinekin is good. Dos Equis, Blue Moon, and Michelob Ultra are probably my favorite commercial beers for the light, refreshing taste. 

For the heavier stuff--not a huge fan of stouts and dark beers. Love the pale ales. Love the Belgian-style Triples. Nothing beats a good IPA.

Image result for dirtwolf beer

^^^
One of our locally-brewed Philadelphia specials.

Nectar of the Gods right there 

I'm underage and can't don't drink and have ZERO spice tolerance. Y'know the way when you order a steak and there's a little bit of pepper on the side, I can barely tolerate that spice, so ... yeah

Apparently almost everyone missed my question, but then again, I didn't predict that the topic would move that quickly after I posted. Water under the bridge.

Anyway, I never have and never will drink (humans are stupid enough when silver/sober), but a question I'll ask anyway: What is the best alcohol for making a Molotov cocktail, and what is the best alcohol for medical purposes?

I almost forgot about Radeberger, probably my favorite beer, but it is pretty difficult to get. Does anyone know where to get Radeberger? I can order it pretty easily in New York bars, but I could not find it grocery stores. Now that I am back on the West Coast, I cannot even find it in bars anymore. Maybe I am not going to the right bars or something.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Dos Equis.

I will make a note of that. I will check out my grocery store.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

I'm underage and can't don't drink and have ZERO spice tolerance. Y'know the way when you order a steak and there's a little bit of pepper on the side, I can barely tolerate that spice, so ... yeah

I think part of it is due to exposure and upbringing. My mom eats spicy stuff, but it is very mild (sometimes I do not even notice it until she mentions she put peppers in it).

I think my tolerance was slowly built over my childhood once I am able to order my own food and cook. Now, I can eat habaneros raw, and I have a small bag of it in my fridge whenever I need a quick fix.

Thinking about it is making me salivate already.

48 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Apparently almost everyone missed my question, but then again, I didn't predict that the topic would move that quickly after I posted. Water under the bridge.

Which question? I want to answer!

56 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Anyway, I never have and never will drink (humans are stupid enough when silver/sober), but a question I'll ask anyway: What is the best alcohol for making a Molotov cocktail, and what is the best alcohol for medical purposes?

a molotov cocktail is not actually made with alcohol, but if youre just looking for flammable alcohols then the higher proof the better. id imagine ethanol/grain alcohol is the best choice.

probably the same for medical purposes, since sterilization is the sole purpose of pharmaceutical alcohol

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Which question? I want to answer!

On 7/1/2018 at 2:05 PM, Hawkwing said:

Do you mind being called "sir" or "gentleman/gentlemen"? I know some females apparently don't like being called "ma'am," but I'm curious what you guys think.

I personally don't care being called either, but I use it often when talking with, or referring to, someone I don't know, or if it's a formal occasion.

It's two pages back, by the way.

1 hour ago, Belisarius said:

a molotov cocktail is not actually made with alcohol, but if youre just looking for flammable alcohols then the higher proof the better. id imagine ethanol/grain alcohol is the best choice.

probably the same for medical purposes, since sterilization is the sole purpose of pharmaceutical alcohol

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

What is the best alcohol for making a Molotov cocktail,

what the fuck

and what is the best alcohol for medical purposes?

literally just rubbing alcohol (ethanol) tor topical use. alcohol is a terrible anesthetic and shouldn't be used as such if you're suggesting that.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:05 AM, Hawkwing said:

...Why must I be reminded why I had a large internal debate about whether or not I should comment on this thread? (Talking about previous pages, not this one).

Anyway:

Do you mind being called "sir" or "gentleman/gentlemen"? I know some females apparently don't like being called "ma'am," but I'm curious what you guys think.

I personally don't care being called either, but I use it often when talking with, or referring to, someone I don't know, or if it's a formal occasion.

I do not care what people call me.

You can address ladies as "miss." Ma'am sounds a bit old, sounding kind of like "mom."

13 minutes ago, Darros said:

what the fuck

I have no use for alcohol for it's intended purpose, so I have to jump to it's combat potential.

14 minutes ago, Darros said:

literally just rubbing alcohol (ethanol) tor topical use. alcohol is a terrible anesthetic and shouldn't be used as such if you're suggesting that.

Ah, okay. I've just heard that alcohol does have a legitimate medical use, so I was curious which ones fit in that category.

15 hours ago, XRay said:

14 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Heineken?  Fu*k that sh*t.  PABST.  BLUE.  RIBBON!

(I cannot not post this when anyone references Heinies)

14 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Modelo is alright. Better then Tacate, but as far as Mexican beers go I'd say its strictly inferior to Dos Equis.

Heinekin is good. Dos Equis, Blue Moon, and Michelob Ultra are probably my favorite commercial beers for the light, refreshing taste. 

For the heavier stuff--not a huge fan of stouts and dark beers. Love the pale ales. Love the Belgian-style Triples. Nothing beats a good IPA.

^^^
One of our locally-brewed Philadelphia specials.

Nectar of the Gods right there 

14 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is piss-in-a-can.

Its what you drink when you're a broke student and too poor to buy real beer. 

11 hours ago, XRay said:

I almost forgot about Radeberger, probably my favorite beer, but it is pretty difficult to get. Does anyone know where to get Radeberger? I can order it pretty easily in New York bars, but I could not find it grocery stores. Now that I am back on the West Coast, I cannot even find it in bars anymore. Maybe I am not going to the right bars or something.

All of you have a terrible sense of taste.

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Alright Captain Buzzkill--whats your brew-of-choice???

I don't particularly have one. I work in a lab that tests beers, wines and juices for all sorts of stuff, and even though we only need a bit, manufacturers that contract us almost always send us a bottle. So we run our tests and habitually drink some after work. It's been an interesting experience to be able to compare cheap commercial beers like heineken, more expensive ones like 't IJ, various tripels, normal beers from small breweries, and even experimental brews from microbreweries.

In recent memory, the ones that I liked were some german beers, and a Dutch tripel, I forget the brands. Most commercial beers give me a headache, so I usually pass on those. I generally like wheat beers. Doubles and tripels range from meh and headache inducing to pretty good. Most fruitbeers are pretty good, except Liefmans, which most establishments seem to serve, because of it's highly acidic taste, and again the headache.

Edited by Excellen Browning

40 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I really like Stella Artois

Aye--that's a good one.

21 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

It's been an interesting experience to be able to compare cheap commercial beers like heineken, more expensive ones like 't IJ, various tripels, normal beers from small breweries, and even experimental brews from microbreweries.

...I wouldn't call Heineken a "cheap beer."

Its not high-end by any stretch of the imagination, but its not Bud Light. Coors. Miller. Keystone. Rolling Rock (i.e. the watery, college keg-filler, cheap shit) 

Heineken is one of those midrange commercial beers for regular drinkers who appreciate good beer enough that they don't want to drink piss cheap bottom-of-the-line brews. But who still want to be economical about their purchases and buy bulk at a reasonable price. (I'd put Stella in that same category)

21 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Most fruitbeers are pretty good

How do you feel about Blue Moon?

Edited by Shoblongoo

21 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I've never heard that turn of phrase before (bolded). What does it mean?

3 hours ago, Balcerzak said:

I've never heard that turn of phrase before (bolded). What does it mean?

I've heard it once or twice myself, so I could have gotten the word wrong. It means that someone has never been drunk before in their life (whereas someone who is sober has tasted/drank an alcoholic beverage at least once). As I've said, I've heard it sparsely, so I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

THE CURSE HAS BEEN LIFTED!:lol:

i fucking well watched it it was incredible

i'm an everton man do you know how unbelievable that double save felt oh my GOD

On 7/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Nothing beats a good IPA.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, Shoblongoo said:

Pabst Blue Ribbon is piss-in-a-can.

solidarity, brother

On 7/1/2018 at 2:05 PM, Hawkwing said:

...Why must I be reminded why I had a large internal debate about whether or not I should comment on this thread? (Talking about previous pages, not this one).

Anyway:

Haven't been around here myself lately cuz 1) it's summer, 2) I don't care about sports or whether or not you people want to play with your newly female bodies, but yeah I don't care to be called "sir". My students usually do it because the school disciplines them to address anyone above them as sir or ma'am, but I tell them on day 1 that I don't give a shit about any of that. I think, in part, it's because I'm used to seeing people say "sir" or "ma'am" as a way of being polite, yet at the same time showing zero kindness for that person (particularly from politicians or police officers). In other words, it's not uncommonly a weak attempt for civility and faked respect.