Men of Serenes Forest!

Ronnie

A friend is someone who, given the choice between hanging out and being left alone in my down-time, I would generally rather be hanging out with.

A good friend is someone I would still rather be hanging out with after many years of hanging. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

I'm asking because sometimes I dunno if I'm being too hasty and assigning that word to people I like but maybe don't think of me the same way. So I wanted to know if there is some rite of passage or maybe some signal you can tell you reached that level. Sounds like you're being condescending. Just a little bit. @Pengaius

Aww, this is why I can't have nice things, I forget I'm kinda a terrible person some(read: most)times

but a friend in my opinion, is someone you enjoy seeing and talking with who enjoys seeing and talking with you. You can also tell they're your friend when they they laugh at your terrible jokes, and can read sarcasm in your writing

a best friend is the kind of friend who knows what you mean when you ramble on, and doesn't mind when you accidentally insult them because you're awkward, they get what you try to say when you talk and don't try to kill you because of your annoying quirks

Hope this helps and sorry about the definitions. I thought I was being clever and funny(in a douchey kind of way)

A friend is someone I'd do things I won't normally do for other people, like take their place in jury duty.

LOL seriously, it'd be to do things not really expected of me.

On 6/15/2018 at 3:36 PM, eclipse said:

If you want the right to say whatever you want without consequence, go somewhere else.

Otherwise, watch your mouth.  That's not up for argument.

wooooosh

I just love how there isn't a no to the "are you right" in the female version xD lol. As if they can't be wrong. That was a hilarious little chart. We should post more like that. 

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Sorry, none of you get to see me naked, no matter what you do in an argument. :P:

I pop in and see this.  What did I miss?

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

eclipse won't get naked  

Oh, I do.  Gotta take a bath and all~!

But for the purposes of that chart?  Nope, not gonna happen with you guys.  Sorry~!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh, I do.  Gotta take a bath and all~!

But for the purposes of that chart?  Nope, not gonna happen with you guys.  Sorry~!

I have a girlfriend any way

that would be a big Nono 

16 hours ago, eclipse said:

Sorry, none of you get to see me naked, no matter what you do in an argument. :P:

^^^ perpetually stuck at "Great now I'm late. We'll finish this later."

13 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm going to bet $5 that this thread goes on for another 5 years

and it keeps getting weirder

...god I hope so...

15 hours ago, Tediz64 said:

I just love how there isn't a no to the "are you right" in the female version xD lol. As if they can't be wrong. That was a hilarious little chart. We should post more like that. 

Image result for gandalf flowchart

Everything is better with a flowchart. 

14 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm going to bet $5 that this thread goes on for another 5 years

and it keeps getting weirder

This is FFtF, necroposting and doubleposting are allowed, keeping it alive won't require much. Or undead at least. But I don't think this gives license to be overly necrophilic.

I'm always amazed though when somebody brings back a dead topic on other boards from years ago. You can't make that mistake accidentally, you had to actively seek out the topic and delve back pages on pages to find it. Of course, perhaps that is easier than reading the CoC. It's a minor newbie mistake, never intended I think.

Although who from the original topic is going to looking at something where they last posted in March 2014? They've forgotten the whole darn thing and moved on and now have a spouse and young child and a middlin job that isn't ideal, but hopefully it is towards something promising, otherwise they'll have a serious midlife crisis even before they get to the midlife point.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

So if you guys woke up as a woman one day, what's the SECOND thing you'd do

The second? Oof that's a tough one. 
Considering the region I live in I would immediately apply for every scholarship at my university that I was previously ineligible for; I'd have the market cornered on scholarship applications at that point.

@Pengaius
What is the one thing you would absolutely not do after discovering these changes?

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

So if you guys woke up as a woman one day, what's the SECOND thing you'd do

There's a prominent LGBT bar in Philadelphia called Woody's. Its the place to be for casual gay and lesbian hookups.

The second thing I'm doing if I wake up as a woman is going to Woody's.