Etrian Odyssey 3 Mafia - Game Over

Grace

I had a dream that there was another game  happening and that I was scum with BBM in it, and I was super excited and stoked to be scum with BBM for some reason. he wasn't half as stoked about it as I was. and in my dream I played totally to my scum meta, but everyone was busy lynching marth for some reason (idr why) and BBM was busy flaking because he had a final to study for or something, and the qt was just 30 posts in a row of just "BBM where did you go. BBM what are you doing. BBM please come back to me. BBM at least send one of your clones before you flake on me you asshole." and then suddenly the dream switched to a mafia anime (then I thought "isn't dangan ronpa basically a mafia anime? but this was an anime about people actually playing the game; metagame) and for some reason Mercy from Overwatch was one of the name characters, along with prims, who was just kinda apathetic most of the time.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Kokichi Oma said:

My role has a chance of randomly (not actually randomly) murdering me! You better come to my funeral!

Of couse, this means that we’re possibly in Day 2 MYLO which is not very exciting. I bet MYLO here stands for “Manix, You’re Lame. Ohhhhh!”

is there any way we could potentially prevent your role from killing you, or is it unavoidable?

Are you serious about your role, Clarinets?

##Vote: Bartozio That weapons vote felt like something scum would make, can't really put a finger on what though.

Not sure what to feel about that dream, gg.

56 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

is there any way we could potentially prevent your role from killing you, or is it unavoidable?

If I told you that, wouldn't that take away all of the fun?

##Vote: Marth

That was an awfully wooden entrance. Is there something you're not telling us, Prince Pantsless?

@athena_57 MYLO stands for Miss lynch and lose, which is a game situation where we'd lose if we misslynch, but we don't immediatly lose if me don't lynch (like when it's 4/2). I'll try to explain everything I use, but make sure to ask people when they forget to explain.

@Kokichi Oma What exactly do you mean by day 2 MYLO? Even if we misslynch today and your role kills you tonight, we'd only lose 3 people, and 6/3 isn't MYLO (to my knowledge).

(I'm assuming 12 people still generally means a scumteam of 3 players, please correct me if I'm wrong).

12 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

@athena_57@Kokichi Oma What exactly do you mean by day 2 MYLO? Even if we misslynch today and your role kills you tonight, we'd only lose 3 people, and 6/3 isn't MYLO (to my knowledge).

(I'm assuming 12 people still generally means a scumteam of 3 players, please correct me if I'm wrong).

That doesn't account for any vigs which may or may not be in the game. 2 townsided kills before MYLO only is pretty lame, so I would expect one!

1 hour ago, Kokichi Oma said:

If I told you that, wouldn't that take away all of the fun?

well, that's kind of annoying, because I can't tell if you're scum attempting to draw doc protects on you.

##unvote

##vote: marth

but anyway he's being too serious for me and it's giving me scumvibes, something something scum feigning trying to be helpful too early. I'm glad I didn't roll scum tthis game by the way cuz that dream in which I was scum stressed me the fuck out

I just realized BBM isn't even playing this game either. where the fuck have i been

I have a closing shift later tonight, so will likely not be around much this afternoon/evening.

@Magnificence Incarnate Did Bartozio's vote feel forced/unnatural? What sort of scum intent/drive would making a vote like that do, especially ED1?

@athena_57 Any thoughts with regards to what's been already posted/said? Noting you're voting an inactive currently (in this case Sunwoo)- more worthwhile than prodding/looking through the people posting currently?

@Kokichi Oma Being cryptic with your claim is a double-edged sword- it funnels/limits what information you leave available for scum to interpret off of, but also doesn't do us much good if there's a way to help/prevent something bad from happening to you as a result of your role. Are we capable of influencing its outcome at all, or is it something that purely relies on you to be able to manage or otherwise resolve one way or another?

@Vi-astra Is this something he has a habit of doing, or does it seem unnatural for him to try and push us out of RVS ASAP with a semi-serious vote? Is it worsened by the fact that he has no case behind it furthermore, or is it something else?

@Eurykins

No real thoughts no, apart from that I dont like the weapons wagon, but eh, thats a pretty random one and will prob go away soon.

Im voting an inactive to pressure them into joining the conversation leading to more info. As soon as I get proper reads Ill switch ofc

41 minutes ago, Vi-astra said:

I'm glad I didn't roll scum tthis game by the way cuz that dream in which I was scum stressed me the fuck out

I feel you dude. I rolled mafia this game and have been in scumchat by myself, my buddies are giving me no support, it sucks.

athena, what mafia/werewolf-like board games have you played?

1 hour ago, Omega. said:

athena, what mafia/werewolf-like board games have you played?

Werewolves of Miller's Hollow is a thing we play sometimes with our family, so w/ aunts, uncles, cousins etc. I've also played stuff like "Secret Hitler" and "Shadows over Camelot", though that last one doesn't really count. Furthermore, I've played some homebrew/houseruled variants of mafia.

I'm not in love with the vagueness of Kokichi, but not worried enough about it to warrant a vote, especially since it's not something I would expect him to say as scum. So basically, I don't like it, but I don't think it's scummy.

3 hours ago, Vi-astra said:

well, that's kind of annoying, because I can't tell if you're scum attempting to draw doc protects on you.

Come on, I have the most trustworthy face around. Honest!

Weapons' account of his reaction to his role pm is suspicious. Why would you make that comment now when you could have brought it up at game start? It seems awfully strange to me.

My knee-jerk reaction to weapons WRT his above post was to vote him.

##Unvote:

##Vote: Weapons

If you were legit curious then you could just ask the mods about your alignment.  Also his self vote pinged me.

Bartozio's vote on weapons also pinged me so FoS: Bartozio

I don't think there will be that many crazy killing actions this game: if they're are I don't think they will be usable in the first few days.  This is just speculation but 12 player game with too many deaths ends the game too fast.

@WeaponsofMassConstruction Any thoughts on the wagon currently on you? Would you say it's still people messing around early D1? The only real voting action thus far has revolved around you, but you haven't stated your opinion on it. Care to elaborate?

I'm not in a mood to put a vote on you and risk an early hammer atm but it bothers me you're not saying much.

10 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Bartozio's vote on weapons also pinged me so FoS: Bartozio

Why would you say that? The lack of explanation? It being the 5th vote on a very early wagon? Note that I'm inclined to agree, but I'm curious with regards to your reasoning.

##Unvote
##Vote: Clarinets
For repeatedly coming back to respond to ~RVS pressure~ but not talking about anything else that's going on or trying to be otherwise productive.

I had the same kneejerk reaction to Bartozio's vote as Marth so I don't blame Marth for it. I think the kneejerk reaction just comes from fourth meaningless vote on a RVS wagon though and is a mindtrick rather than anything valuable (so not voting Bartozio either).

Weapons only bringing up that he doesn't know what the Town is now is weird, but waiting for him to respond to SB before pursuing anything there.

Oh. I didn't realize this game had started. Sorry about that.

##Vote: Shinori

Because Shinori.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

Why is Bartozio's vote a scummy vote and not an RVS vote? Please explain.

Alrighty, I believe everyone has posted by now.

## Unvote

At this point I'm annoyed by some previously mentioned people, Kokichi's vagueness and Weapon's lack of reply, but dont feel either warrants a vote until I've seen further replies.

So basically, I'm going to bed and will place my vote somewhere tommorow morning after you Americans have posted some more.

1 hour ago, Kokichi Oma said:

Come on, I have the most trustworthy face around. Honest!

Weapons' account of his reaction to his role pm is suspicious. Why would you make that comment now when you could have brought it up at game start? It seems awfully strange to me.

No one has done anything that suspicious in my eyes yet. Since the game has been pretty slow so far I thought I’d put that out there so there’s something more to talk about. Who are you aligned with?

^Doubles as response to Shinori.

41 minutes ago, athena_57 said:

@WeaponsofMassConstruction Any thoughts on the wagon currently on you? Would you say it's still people messing around early D1? The only real voting action thus far has revolved around you, but you haven't stated your opinion on it. Care to elaborate?

I'm not in a mood to put a vote on you and risk an early hammer atm but it bothers me you're not saying much.

Nobody stands out from my wagon. If anything it feels like the votes are for the sake of having a wagon to carry us out of RVS, but then I guess I should be providing some reactions to talk about.

okay first of all weapons did this same exact thing in brexitland. in our qt he mistook bard's alignment for town (and he knew what a town role pm looked like, it's just the factions being called things other than town/mafia confused him I assume). since town doesn't seem to be called the town in this game him asking about it doesn't bother me bc he literally did the same thing last game and he didn't ask sb about it he just assumed bard's flip was town and responded in disappointment